Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

"End of the World" Edition

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>MHXX Skill Recommendations (WIP): pastebin.com/r7Bf9T8J
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png
>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD
>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni
>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun
>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/world/
youtube.com/watch?v=HOmLLJNyEKA
u.nya.is/fzyrht.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

First for MH IS RUINED FOREVER

Look on the bright side. At least none of the devs have said anything about adding PvP yet.

How can Nintendo even compete?

I hope there are quests where there are multiple monsters in the wild and you have to figure out which environmental clues are which to find the right monster

Next they're either going to remove random drops or have microtransactions to buy rare materials.

People are fucking retarded

Is XX any good? I stopped playing Cross after the first Osta-whatever, that bony fucker.

They did
Well, at least from normal items like shrooms and bugs and all that
Instead of spamming A at a gathering point to get stuff and hoping you get lucky you now have to find the physical item in the world

You can only pick one.

I'm obviously talking about mantles and shit.

Name one Mh game that doesn't have raths.

Honestly I'd prefer a system where you have to physically cut up different parts of a monster to get different things, and what you're able to get is based on which parts you damage or don't damage in a fight
You'd still have to fight the monster multiple times to get everything, but endless grinding for a 1% drop would be replaced with a potentially neat combat restriction where you need knowledge of the monster to get what you want

It's more cross. I got hit with the banwave before I could dig my teeth into G3 and G4, but it seems like more of the same. I did like finding out the few quality of life changes they made and I'm still interested in going back to see what they did with the deviant diablos, but you shouldn't expect too much to be new.

It's gen + high rank village + g-rank with a few new deviants and a few old end-game monsters brought back. Brave style is verging on overpowered for a few weapons and alright for others. I'm sad about bow being nerfed out of relevance due rapid being bugged (-10~15% of DPS dropped). The other styles and hunter arts are still dumbing the game down. So it goes.

XX is a okay. It has some good, but a lot of it isn't. It only adds two actually new monsters, Valfalk and Atrulka; and a few extra deviants. And some older monsters, though none of them are much different than they were before.

Valfalk is a tonne of fun. He almost feels as if he's from a different game, has a bunch of little, unique things, his moveset is almost completely original aside from, if I'm remembering correctly, one or two attacks he shares with the Magalas (he's built on their skeleton). Fighting him is one of the high points of XX. Atrulka isn't quite as fun as Valfalk was but I still liked it. It's one of the huge monsters, except done right, and actually fun. The new deviants are a mixed bag. The Malfestio and Mizutsune are both good, and feel fairly unique; the others are mostly okay, and kind of fun, but the Astalos is probably the worst deviant in the entire game. If you've got most of X done, I'd give XX a shot. The two new monsters are pretty good, some of the new deviants are nice, and if you ignore the more broken styles/arts it can actually be challenging.

FUCK YOU TSUJIMOTO AND DABURU FUCK YOU FUJIOKA

Future is upon us.

The fuck? is MH sales number really that low compared to the japanese sales?

Isn't MH one of the best selling series in Japan? Unless MH sells like CoD in the West, it's going to seem low relative to its Japanese sales.

I just check at VGchartz, yeah I know Japan sales surpass world wide sale about 10:1, MH is really a niche market in the west

Because who the fuck plays 3D action game on tiny ass screen?
Pro-tip: somebody with tiny ass eyes.

I thought it was more like 3:1. In the case of MH4G/4U, I remember that the overall worldwide sales figures were over 4 million and also that the western edition 4u had sold over 1 million out of that total.

Nice meme.

Do you know why jap games used to be locked at 30 fps before they started to publish games on steam? Because japs' eyes are so small they can't see past 30 fps.

Is there a video or guide somewhere for someone who wants to get into MH but doesn't want to be a complete shitter, or should just emulate psp and ps2 games from the beginning before world comes out?

Just fucking wait for the world, there is no reason to play old ones, especially since you'll probably won't get anyone to play with.

They better step up their character creator, so we can have a bunch of Dios running around punching shit.

Have a look at FU and/or P3rd. If you've got a 3DS cfw that shit and give 3U and 4U a try.

Just crawl back into whatever cancer-ridden hole you hauled your colossal shit stain of a body out of and then just fucking end it already.

Fuck off gramps.

Don't you have some fidgetspinner-vlog reaction videos to support on Patreon, you insipid faggot?

Lel

How can someone be this angry over another person liking a video game?

Disregard all the games in a franchise to get into a franchise is called "liking the game?"

When it's something iterative like monhun - yes.

The guy saying to disregard other games in the series is a faggot but having an autism attack about MHW in the process makes you no better.

So you suggest waiting ~8+ months to even try? There are still people populating 4u and there are a few forums you can go to find parties. Despite being a cancerous deviation, Gen and XX still have regular communities. Beyond that, MH is soloable. What did people on 3ds do about 3U?

I said nothing of MHW. I just find the suggestion to wait a year to even try a series that has a number of quite playable games out to be ridiculous.

Hell 3u still has a population of at least a few hundred at all times.

Hype for world. Love the older games as well. The Chinese mmo was pretty bare bones but seeing the monsters I love so much in HD was fun. Overall I'm hopefully for things to come.

I'm not going to tolerate any faggotry.

Emulate PSP games.

Except for the part where everything we're hearing about World makes it sound like fucking garbage and even XX is better.

I told you guys not to hope

To prove you're not a shill, explain why French people are shit

Except that's not what's going on here at all. Very few people are upset about it not being on a Nintendo platform if anything, the PC memers are having a field day. The problem is that it's pretty much a Western game wearing Monster Hunter's flesh, and no one who likes Monster Hunter wants that.

console war shitposting belongs on halfchan.

oh boy you don't even know
so many people were buttmad about it during the e3 announcement.

You don't need to. It'll be haunting their dreams for years to come.

Fair enough, I avoid other video game communities because they tend to be even shittier than here. That said, I haven't seen much of any whining about it not being on the Switch here on 8/v/.

I'd rather see it on Switch just so I can play it under my sheets, but that rainway app is coming to Switch so I can just stream it from my PC anyway, still I am worried about what changes will be made.

It's going to come to the switch sooner or later. Probably looking way less impressive, but it will be ported. The main reason it hasn't been announced for the switch yet is that the game was half done when the switch was announced.

Pretty sure in the halfchan leak part of the deal with Sony about bringing MHW to their console is that it never comes to switch.

But coming to Xbone?
I doubt it.

Pretty sure that halfchan leak was bullshit

Enjoy your ban cuckchan

It won't really matter for Japan unless it gets ported to the 3DS or Vita.

To be fair, the Xbone and PC ports are foreign only, it's PS4 exclusive in Japan.

Depends. The main reason Switch hasn't sold as much as it could have is that Apple uses some of the same parts, and Nintendo can't get a hold of them.

Less that, and more that people here just don't see it as a handheld. It's treated like a TV console because it's not practical to take on the trains.

Actually it's great to take on the trains. I do it all the time. I may not commute as much as a nihonese, but I do go by train 3 to 4 hours at least 2-3 times a week.

But the main reason it's going to be ported because it's easy. Game Devs usually have low-res versions of their textures anyway, and reducing the amount of polygons also isn't difficult. Deactivating shader effects also isn't that big of a deal, and the translation is already done with the other releases. The engine has been ported for Switch already, and the amount of buttons is pretty much the same as the PS4 has.

I don't know what the trains are like where you are, but here nothing bigger than the Vita gets pulled out. Even tablets are an exceptionally rare sight, with the majority being smartphones, pocket sized manga, 3DSes and Vitas. I don't foresee the Switch taking off here at all.

It might get ported, but I'm saying it won't really make a big impact.

Didn't nearly every shipment of Switches get sold out in Japan since it's release?

Maybe, but that doesn't change the fact it's being treated thus far as a TV console. I highly doubt it's going to have the insane reach of the 3DS until they make an SS revision.

You're probably right.

anyway, does someone know a quick way to learn enough japanese to play XX in August?

just got home from work, JE SUIS MONETE

Pardonā€¦

I would check with the blokes in , though I can't vouch for their methods since I learned in school.

Yeah I had a year of some rudimentary training in University, but it was more of a "How to translate single sentences" thing, where we analyzed grammar and stuff like that. Maybe I'll look for the documents I had from that.

Its a world wide release

Xbone and PC ARE foreign to Japan.

"Worldwide" is code for "foreigner only" here. It's a PS4 exclusive in Japan: capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/world/

If it was gonna be good, they would have called it MH5, and you fucking know it.
It's probably gonna be something entirely different than the game we are used to.

Trash, trash, throw it out. Fuck everyone on social media going "lol get with the times grandpa, this is modern" why is an intelligent behaviour system for monsters less modern than a goddamn health bar from WoW?

its the main team, when a really shit trailer was shown for mh4 no one made a fuss like this

prove it
prove it
prove it
prove it

Paint balls are gone or are obsolete now to find a monster you look for tracks or residue or whatever. Once you find enough a trail of fireflies leads you to the monster.
There are no health bars damage number show up when a monster is damaged now however they can be turned off. I don't think anything has been said about whether or not monster reactions to damage will still be able to be used to tell you what does more damage.
This I have no idea I've heard 2 stories that every area either has multiple camps you can fast travel between. Or there will be one base camp that is randomly placed for every quest.
I heard this as well that you can change gear during a mission at base camp however this has not been confirmed from anything I have read.

Do you have sources outside of "I heard"? If no, stop posting your disinformation.

Yeah interviews in articles and stuff. Really only for the monster tracking and damage numbers/health bars stuff. Everything else is speculation and hearsay that is why I said exactly that in my post.

I'd be pretty silly to drop the regular AI health indicators just because of raw damage numbers (especially when there's still no overall HP indicator

I wonder if you can also pull items out mid-hunt as well. Im against it on almost all fronts except in the case of gunner/bow ammo+combines in the face of bloated health pools.

No health bar for monsters, just damage numbers for hits.

It would depend on how the game is balanced or if there is a larger focus on free hunting and staying out in the field longer. Or maybe their could be like a time limit associated with it. Like once an hour you get access to a your equipment or maybe you make a call for specific stuff and it takes 20 minutes to get to you. Then you can unload gathered materials with the deliveries trip back. If it is balanced around it and just lets you stay out in the field and have like a 2 or 3 hour hunting session that might be really cool.

For now.

You can read it for yourself in the interview in Dengeki right here:

Who the fuck told you about the health bars? There are apparently damage numbers but they can apparently be disabled.

No paintballs because you actually have to track down and HUNT the monster instead of knowing its exact location all the time. At least thats what im hoping for

HOLY FUCK GUYS CALM DOWN

I dont mind this one game being a bit of a departure from the series, its just something different and dosent look like a ps2 era game for once. The trailer worried me by only having 3 monsters but due to this series being one i love, ill remain cautiously optimistic.

And when it comes out and is shitā€¦

Then its shit

Then hopefully MH5 will come out for switch:^)

It still has the animations though watch the mounting stuff in the trailer when the monster gets toppled and the hunter lands. I think there was a brute hipcheck in there as well.

Everybody knows that this will be a DD/MH hybrid.
It might be good, but not exactly a MH
I'm also loving how everyones crying about the Western focus when shit like DMC/Bayonetta/DD/Dead Rising/Resident Evil was precisely that from the very start.

Because the Western focus is specifically cited as the source of the casualization. Again, quoting the Dengeki article in

What's even more depressing is that he didn't say "when you drink a potion". He said "when you take an action". When you do ANYTHING at all. I already heard that this meant you could roll-cancel out of any attack at any point.

You're right, I hadn't thought about it like that - I'd just thought it was items in general, so you'd be able to heal or sharpen while moving or something awful like that, but christ, they might go exceptionally far with it.

Here's the leaked gameplay footage.
youtube.com/watch?v=HOmLLJNyEKA

Despite the shit lighting and camera quality, this is actual tutorial gameplay and far better than the trailer. Got COMBO GS and handholdy guide bugs, but it looks like it's still keeping at least some of the core.

Resident Evil 4
Dead Rising
Dragons Dogma
All released first on the US and all pretty good games made inhouse.

I don't expect the game to be a direct progression to MH or that it will satisfy long time fans on what they want from a mainline series, but hey, it might be a good spin despite that.
We all know this is a spinoff despite their PR bullshit.

Then why are people bitching about it? I personally think both of those games are great.

Theres no way that could happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lx0-pUev05o&t=82s related couldnt embed has a bit more gamplay than the trailer.

Also That skin creasing at 1:21 Attention to detail is always a good sign for me Unless if the game still ends up similar to MGSV and not finished anyways

I don't trust a word these shifty Japs say, after that whole hubbub with the western movie that got announced. Anything to cater to the "muh item animations r 2 long" crowd is a bad thing. I know those people, they are a cancer on the industry.

Does it show if you can cancel attacks?
Thats my main issue

They said you can cancel out of "many more things than usual".

I don't care much for 3D shooters, and I've yet to play Dogma, so I can't speak on any of those. I'm just saying, in the interview with the producer and director, they outright say "we couldn't seem to get this to sell in the West because of things like people complaining about it being too difficult when you have to stop moving because of actions you take so we're removing that to get them onboard" which is plenty reason to wish the devs would ignore the West entirely.

This is some monkey's paw level bullshit

Not completely sure. It sounds like rolling out of attacks is now full directional instead of side/forward roll which could be pretty awkward/free.

Eng VA is always shit. Even if they don't dual audio, at least PC will probably get modz for that.

Nah, the monkey's paw would require us to be getting anything good or that we wanted out of it.

Just watched the gameplay, you can only roll when the attack frame is over.
Theres still hope at least for me

You can only roll when you finish the frame, watch the leaked footage.
No idea about items though.

Yeah, seems to be fully directional

Yeah, items can be uses on the move

But they are too long. Especially on solo. The point is they are going for faster paced combat in this game and standing still while doing a victory pose doesn't help at all, zoning out cant help you use potions either because zones aren't there at all.

Its not cancer either, you're just making it sound like the end of the world when its not.

embed

I'm onboard with most of the complaints but the running away is because they wanted him to show stuff off. The monster probably only had like 5% of a normal one so he could kill it after he'd demoed everything.

Listen if you seriously spent your time leaving the fucking area to drink a potion, then you legitimately suck shit at the game. That's not the kind of tactic that people "regularly" use in Monster Hunter, it's the kind of tactic worthless shitters use because they still haven't learned how to use openings to deal with shit like potion drinking and weapon sharpening.

Calm down faggot, it gets the job done. Being a whiny little bitch isnt going to convince me at all either. I also guess i suck at the game since i manage to solo my way to g-rank in 3u and get to g-rank gold crown in 4u. Just got XX, doing hr village quests

Getting rid of one stupid animation makes the game go faster and its not like the risk is completely gone while you're fighting the monster, you STILL have to use openings when available.

The only one being a whiny little bitch here is you, since you seem to have no end of triggering whenever people bring up potion animations. Why, it's almost like you're projecting!

Not only are they not too long, but removal of them represents a critical casualization of the entire gameplay formula.

except the risk is entirely gone? like finding openings for when you could item without leaving the zone was an important part. Same with all animation locks, but don't worry they removed those too

Wew. Listen to this account of the demo we'll probably see on the 20th. Someone can make webms if they want.

Totally my fellow gamer, stripping and massively casualizing the game is what we The True Gamers (tm) want out of our Monster Hunter (tm) Experience (tm).
They should feel lucky after the abortion that was gen toā€¦ I can't even finish that. Nothing about this garbage looks good.

I know right? I hope they add more cutscenes and a cinematic storyline! Those would both be vast improvements to the bland formula we've had so far!

We get a simultaneous release and pretty Non-Nintendo GrafixĀ©.

4 honestly had a near perfect story for a MH game, barring a little too much Ace Team dick sucking. It had your Hunter, in your custom armour sets, participating in neat little cutscenes against neat setpiece monsters and fight in neat little arenas. It didn't bill itself as "epic", but it did the job.

I admit to sometimes being the guy who doesn't hit skip on an Elder Dragon cutscene if I haven't seen it before.

If you can't find an opening, climb a wall. If you still fucking can't, bring your cats with you, it's what they're for. They give at least two opportunities to get some breathing room and you apparently don't use either.

No they aren't.

Yes it is.

I'm not seeing anything I would term an "evolution."

Read the fucking Dengeki interview, they outright said that they're making the game easier to appeal to Westerners who thought the game was too hard.

Who cares?

Who cares?

In the general sense, when hearing "western audience" from a foreign developer you obviously want to be cautious, but if you don't consider the situation or the information you're actually given then you're making faulty assumptions.
So far making the game more "western" has meant removing sluggish inconveniences eastern audiences raise no stink over, and simply improving the design of things. Taking 3 seconds to pick up a fucking plant is not something to balance a game around. Putting the focus on making use of the larger environment and encouraging hunting for the item in that environment? Better and matches the rest of the experience.

When you blindly assume western=bad and eastern=good you get half backed observations like
The bugs are to track monsters in the map (since it isn't as easy as "walk through every section and wait for music to play") and work like a hunting dog, which everyone would know if they bothered to look for more information.
You stalk the map looking for thinks like footprints and the remains of the monsters prey, take samples, give it to your fireflies to smell, and when they have enough to lock onto the scent you can follow them.

THESE PEOPLE. THE ONES WITH PROMINENT TWITTER ACCOUNTS

except you're completely wrong. They've revealed several changes all pointing to the massive dumbing down of the game.

I forgot that one REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Read the Dengeki interview, they specifically cited post-action animations as something they found to be stopping MonHun from taking off in the West, and that's why they removed them.

ā€•ā€•ć‚°ćƒ­ćƒ¼ćƒćƒ«ć®å£ćÆć€ć©ć®ć‚ćŸć‚Šć«ę„Ÿć˜ć¦ć„ć¾ć—ćŸć‹ļ¼Ÿ
č—¤å²”ļ¼šč”Øē¾åŠ›ć®ć²ćØć¤ć‹ć‚‰ć—ć¦ćć†ć§ć™ć—ć€éŠć³åæƒåœ°ć‚„ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ćƒ‡ć‚¶ć‚¤ćƒ³ć‚‚ćć†ć§ć™ć€‚ć€Žćƒ¢ćƒ³ć‚¹ć‚æćƒ¼ćƒćƒ³ć‚æćƒ¼ć€ć®å€‹ę€§ćØć—ć¦ć‚ˆć„éƒØåˆ†ćŒć‚ć‚‹ć®ć«ć€ć†ć¾ćä¼ć‚ć‚‰ćŖ恄恓ćØ恌ꂔ恗恄ćØ恓悍恧恗恟怂
ć‚¢ć‚Æć‚·ćƒ§ćƒ³ć‚’ć²ćØć¤č”Œć†ćŸć³ć«ć€ę­¢ć¾ć‚‹éƒØåˆ†ć§ć‚ć‚Œć°ć€åƒ•ć‚‰ćÆé§†ć‘å¼•ććØć—ć¦å°Žå…„ć—ć¦ć„ć¾ć™ćŒć€ć“ć‚ŒćŒć‚ć‚‹ć ć‘ć§ćƒ—ćƒ¬ć‚¤ć—ć¦ćć‚ŒćŖć„ę–¹ć‚‚ć„ć‚‰ć£ć—ć‚ƒć„ć¾ć™ć€‚

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"

Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.

If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

Except I got that FROM THE DENGEKI INTERVIEW

ā€•ā€•ä»Šć¾ć§åŒŗåˆ†ć‘ć•ć‚Œć¦ć„ćŸćƒ•ć‚£ćƒ¼ćƒ«ćƒ‰å†…ćŒć€ć™ć¹ć¦ć¤ćŖćŒć£ćŸć‚ˆć†ćŖåŗƒć•ć«ćŖ悋恮恧恗悇恆恋ļ¼Ÿ
č¾»ęœ¬ļ¼šåŗƒć•ćÆć‚‚ć†ć”ć‚‡ć£ćØåŗƒć„恧恙恭怂2å€ćć‚‰ć„ć§ć—ć‚‡ć†ć‹ć€‚
č—¤å²”ļ¼šč¦ē“ ćØ恗恦複雑恫ēµ”悓恧恄悋恮恧å…Ø体ćÆ2.5å€ćć‚‰ć„ć§ć™ć€‚

ā€¦

å¾³ē”°ļ¼šå°ŽčŸ²ļ¼ˆć—ć‚‹ć¹ć‚€ć—ļ¼‰ć‚’é£¼ć£ć¦ć„ć¾ć—ć¦ć€ć“ć‚ŒćŒåˆ©ē”Øć§ćć‚‹ć‚¢ć‚¤ćƒ†ćƒ ćØć‹ć€ćƒ¢ćƒ³ć‚¹ć‚æćƒ¼ć®ē—•č·”ć‚’ę•™ćˆć¦ćć‚Œć¾ć™ć€‚ē—•č·”ć‚’ćŸć©ć‚‰ć›ć¦ć„ććØć€ćƒ¢ćƒ³ć‚¹ć‚æćƒ¼ć®å±…å “ę‰€ć¾ć§ć‚¬ć‚¤ćƒ‰ć—ć¦ćć‚Œć‚‹ēŒŸēŠ¬ć®ć‚ˆć†ćŖć‚‚ć®ć‚’ä½œć‚Šć¾ć—ćŸć€‚

ā€¦

č—¤å²”ļ¼šä½æć„ę–¹ćÆ恄悍恄悍ćŖć‚“ć§ć™ćŒć€ćƒ™ćƒ¼ć‚·ćƒƒć‚ÆćŖćØ恓悍ćÆć‚¬ć‚¤ćƒ‰ć«ćŖć‚Šć¾ć™ć€‚å°Žć‹ć‚ŒćŸćØ恊悊恫ꭩ恄恦恄恑恰态åŸŗęœ¬ēš„恫ćÆć‚æćƒ¼ć‚²ćƒƒćƒˆćøå‘ć‹ć£ć¦ć„ć‘ć¾ć™ć€‚

ā€¦

č¾»ęœ¬ļ¼šę–¹å‘ć ć‘ć˜ć‚ƒćŖćć€é“ć‚‚ę•™ćˆć¦ćć‚Œć¾ć™ć€‚

ā€¦

č—¤å²”ļ¼šć“ć†ć„ć†ć‚‚ć®ć‚’é ¼ć‚Šć«éŠć¶ćØć„ć†ć®ćŒć€ä»Šć¾ć§ćØę„Ÿč¦šćŒé•ć†ć‹ćŖćØę€ć„ć¾ć™ć€‚ćć‚Œć§ä»Šä½œćÆćƒšć‚¤ćƒ³ćƒˆćƒœćƒ¼ćƒ«ćŒćŖ恄悓恧恙怂

So, cancer that no dev should ever listen to?

Someone confirm that this is the case before I begin throwing this autistic fit I feel coming on.

Fujioka was a mistake.

What and when exactly am i projecting? Im saying exactly what i mean. Are you the one projecting by bringing it up? I still think the animations are dumb.

Climbing up a wall is the same as leaving a zone, its getting away from the danger for a second. Breathing room is important, i use it all the time, i just get out of the zones when the exit is nearby. I just brought up the issue since theres no zones in MHW which completely take that "shitter" strategy out and the game has a thing for faster combat apparently, which i wouldnt mind.

I am a massive faggot, please explain.

But they see the big subscriber numbers, and assume they know what's best.

What I think is more important is, are they keeping the cart linit? Or are they going to let these assholes die as many times as they like and win by attrition?

I just wish devs never thought about the foreign market at all. Throwing a port at the foreigners after the fact, whatever, but everytime they try to change up a franchise to make it appeal to foreigners, it turns to shit.

By that do you mean canceling out of post attack animations? Definitely more questionable if true, but the nature of balancing around it would tell the whole story.

When you use an item you move slowly and there is no "yay, I felt great!" animation after. Barely moving around is not going to save you if you're in a shitty position. No extended animation is a buff but someone that won't be missed if it is balanced around. The priority here may very well be the concept of taking control away from the player for too long rather than making it easier. Something doesn't have to annoy you for it to be balanced around strict positioning and awareness.

Really? Because either you abandon your team for X amount of time or take your time trying to escape the monster (it's possible for monsters to sniff you out and since the map is unified escaping is generally harder), heading back to base, and then re-tracking the monster while it heals.
Changing equipment is for when you run into a monster you weren't expecting and feel you absolutely need to readjust your strategy to deal with it.

No time isn't going to stop a shitter from getting his ass kicked in and losing all his tries.

I have to be cautious about this shitty translation. You say remove. The guy above says cancels. And there's no mention of what exactly was done with it.

Again.

Watch the video again, fucker drinks a potion at full gallop. With the amount of damage control you've been running I'm inclined to start using the words shill and marketer.

Then just read the Japanese yourself. It's provided right there for you.

č—¤å²”ļ¼šå…ˆć»ć©ć‚‚čØ€ć£ć¦ć„ćŸć‚¢ć‚Æć‚·ćƒ§ćƒ³ć®é€”åˆ‡ć‚Œć‚’ćŖ恏恙ćØ恄恆恓ćØć€‚å›žå¾©ć²ćØ恤ćØć£ć¦ć‚‚ć€ę­¢ć¾ć‚‰ćšć«éš™ć‚’č¦‹ćŖćŒć‚‰ć‚·ćƒ¼ćƒ ćƒ¬ć‚¹ć«č”Œćˆć‚‹ć‚ˆć†ć«ćŖć£ć¦ć„ć¾ć™ć€‚
(In response to a question about what's new)
Fujioka: The thing we mentioned earlier about actions stopping you. It's been made so that even if you heal, you can keep going seamlessly looking for openings without stopping.

READ NIGGER, IT'S RIGHT FUCKING THERE.

This guy seen the demo and goes over more mechanics in the game such as

There is also going to be a jap livestream on the 20th

have you guys seen this?

oh my god more animatioā€¦ oh wait that doesn't fucking matter when you just roll out of any of them.
Also everything you listed is in previous games

It was posted by earlier but no embed so it's safe to assume some people missed it.

The monster ecosystem mechanics look so good, having monsters fight, interact and feed their young is a really good addition, instead of monsters flailing around and hitting each other but not really.
The tracking mechanics looks as shit as I thought they were going to be, not to mention the trackingflies look obnoxious to look at being pretty vision obscuring.
Mounting has been changed to be more dynamic instead of filling that meter, not bad.
Longsword is still the tripping sword although recovery from tripping seems near instant? Look when someone begins using wyvernfire he uses it again almost instantly.

I'm still on the fence. I need to know more.

I'd better still be able to send people to the moon with my unsheathing hammer attack

These shitters really can't wait to cash in on that sweet, sweet gamer cred by finally being able to play this new and improved souls-like experienceā„¢ MonHun, it seems.

This gives me some cautious optimism. Time limits are in, their weak ass equipment couldn't handle Rathalos. Despite Anjaraf tangling with two other monsters it still had plenty of health left to be a viable threat. More attacks but they're not X style anime bullshit.
But glowing bugs concerns me, and how they manage monster stats with drop-in/out puzzles me(I assume the monster just does more damage and takes less when more players are nearby) and how little damage the player took(which I hope is just for the sake of the demo)

The only time limit was the fact that it was a demo on stage at E3 and they had to finish before the 20 minute demo timeslot was up or they would get kicked off the stage for the next presentation.

While I don't mind them taking the series in a new direction and potentially bringing some fresh elements to the series, my fear is that we'll end up with a casualized version of MH designed to attract normalfags who don't care about the depth and complexity I expect from these games. Especially since, if the game is actively worse as a result of the casualization, normalfags will eat it up and that'll become the new MH.

Anyone have a webm or mp4 of that vid? I somehow managed to miss while shitposting.

LS seems to get a few changes. The guy using it is a complete shitter who manages to miss a knocked-down monster while being between its legs and facing it, though. He never goes above white spirit level, but that may just be him being terrible at LS because he doesn't use his spirit combo much. It gets a slow stab attack, similar to the start of SA's phial burst, and then if it lands, he vaults off of the monster like Aerial style and does a big downward slash as he comes down. It looks like he misses every time he uses this. Once he lands, he also loses a spirit level, but because he never goes above white, and never hits with it, I'm not sure how it works exactly; whether it takes all of your spirit levels, or if it only takes one, and whether or not it's any different if you miss or hit with it. I thought it was a modified spirit combo at first but it doesn't consume any of the spirit gauge, and the stab actually appears to fill it a bit like any normal attack.

Although I dislike the attack itself, I think the concept it seems to have, and how that will likely change the LS strategy - to one where you spirit combo to raise the level, then burn them off for a quick burst of damage - seems like a good idea. It might give the LS a new fighting style where you can trade off long-term damage for a quick burst. It's like some extra fluidity, where you flow between both directions at will. If only it was done in a better way than pseudo-aerial style, and in a game that might actually be good. It's a real shame.

Nevermind, i found it.

This is the leaked video in .mp4 form, enjoy.

u.nya.is/fzyrht.mp4

Exactly what SA should've been like all these years.

SA has always felt like a bizarro-LS to me. And the opener for the new attack is a lot like the one SA has. LS is becoming what SA should have been, so I wonder what SA will be like now.

Tell me about Anjanath. Why does he grow the wings?
Seriously, why? What the hell is his thing? Brute wyverns have always had fun, cool gimmicks, and have always had some special trait that makes them unique and sets them apart from everything else. Anjanath doesn't seem to have anything. Throughout the leaked footage and trailer, everything he does seems painfully generic. I noticed he has what looks like slits on his hips. I wonder if he gets more stuff that pops out of them, or elsewhere, that's disabled in the demo. As it is now, he's a generic in every way.

I bet they made him generic on purpose to appeal to westerners, just like everything else they did wrong.

The leaked footage actually made me less scared of how the final game might turn out. It seems more or less like a mechanics expansion between generations. With the info we're told about before, I want to address one thing in detail.

It's a pretty shit change considering how little the players actually got hit during the gameplay demo but I feel like it's actually been counteracted by other changes they've made. There's two parts to this: Why and when you use items.
So you have to use items when appropriate for the situation. Post animations only exist for edibles, potions, meat, etc. They're charming, but what do they really mean in the long run?
It only affects items you use during a fight and most of the time, a good player will just use an item right after the monster misses an attack. In technical terms all it really means is less time wasted if you're good, even more time wasted if you're bad. It lowers the skill ceiling a little bit, but it virtually doesn't affect veterans. However, what about people to need to run to new zones to use their items? That's gone now since monsters will follow you between zones intentionally, which means less freedom and opportunity even for veteran players who find themselves in a hard spot.

I'm not saying this is something that affects veterans positively, I'm just saying that there was probably a lot of consideration with the new zones as well.
Another thing to note is the superman dive is barely half as long as it used to be, people are gonna be boned more often if they time it wrong because it's a lot less loose.
You need to make sure you can look at everything going on.

It'd be nice if there was an on the ground equivalent of the vertical strike attack. There maybe, and the player was just fucking around to try and look cool. Hope so anyways.

Does the thing on his nose even do anything? The fuck is that about.

I'm just glad they didn't add an attack cancel and that all the weapons are in there honestly.

This is a good sign for hunting
Still hate those fucking Fable Flies, it's a step up from paintballs and psychoserum effects, but god it's ugly, wish it was just the IG's beetle

The items still slow you down and have set animations, so the restriction hasn't quite been entirely removed
And I swear I heard something about them trying to make the monsters behave more unpredictably and less robotic, which could have necessitated changes like that if true

They have different styles for the weapons?
Fucking ell Capcom.
The idea of westernising a game is making the gameplay "Streamlined" for fucking mugs who play Dank Souls and fail 140GQ's due having the hand eye coordination of a person who just did 9 shots of vodka.
It's cancer

Smell I believe considering he uses it to catch the hidden hunter when pursuing him, hiding the appendage when shits in plain sight.
it also looks pretty cool

What does "built in" mean to you?
Do you think 4 had "styles" because the IG could jump?

They took an aerial style move and added it to the LS move pool.
Therefore built in.

Meaning it isn't a style

But is it OG Guild or the defacto new "Style" moveset for MH world?

Considering the move is built into a combo, it's the former until we see evidence of the latter

Wow that actually looks amazing.
I hope it stays promising like this.

Go back to cuckchan, faggot, we don't want you here.

Wow rude.
It still looks good

except they did, you can now roll out of basically anything

Look at the leaked footage
The guy playing it is even struggling when he gets stuck in an attack animation and can't roll.

Have you actually seen the leaked footage? Most roll timings out of attacks looked pretty similar to Generations and the only thing that looked like what you're saying is happening is the new stance GS can take after a roll, which seems to be an entirely new attack since it covers some distance when you let attack loose from the stance.

yeah it's shit.

It seems too far off for me. The on screen tutorials, the hud, the radio wheel, larger monsters doing the job for you, the soul crushing voice acting

But its not as bad due to it pretty much being the lovechild of Dragons Dogma and Monster Hunter. It actually makes it seems fucking neat somehow.

Patrician taste

I don't know if it's my monitor but I can't see shit in that leaked footage. All I want to know is are fights super scripted? Like 90% of the trailer was him just running away through a small cave as something chased him in a very scripted-looking sequence. As long as the actual hunts aren't like that every time and you still actually fight the fucking monster out in the open then I think I'll enjoy it, though that voice acting still makes me cringe.

Fight in the leaked footage shows that the trailer wasn't really scripted, they're based on environmental and natural animalistic behaviours.
The cave sequence you mentioned is because monsters will now actively chase you between zones as now instead of loading zones, we just get corridors between all the huge spaces that we're used to and monsters have no reason not to chase after you if they can. Actual fighting seems to be similar to previous games, except now monsters fight each other like they do in literally every CG for monhun. The infighting seems to be based on aggro as well though, like monsters fighting with multiple hunters. Also, the Rathalos in the trailer doesn't take the Anjanath and flies somewhere else with it; in the leaked footage it does the same thing briefly before just letting go of it from a huge height to slam it on the ground.

The leak is black half the time, it's hard to see shit in it. That whole thing was extremely scripted and the announcer guy did a very poor job of hiding it. It's scripted as in everything they did was pre-planned, and I think they were trying to basically act out the stuff in the trailer in real-time, but the combat itself doesn't look scripted. At one point they actually fucked up the script with the combat, because the monsters did something earlier than they expected; they apparently planned to call the other hunters in, then break the dam to drag them down and have them all join up there, but the monsters broke the dam early and dragged everything down before they could call the other 3 in.

Sounds great then, I'm fine with a bit of leniency on item usage and whatnot as long as the core game remains the same/improved upon. I'll remain cautiously optimistic, thanks for the spoonfeeding, there's no way I would have sat through that.

If you watch the whole leaked footage, the one filming gets a better angle and the image brightens up.

They're just showing off the game, so expect some retarded shit being done in the middle of a fight as well as the players probably not being overly familiar with the game. Otherwise, combat generally looks like the usual we're familiar with in MH. Greatsword and Longsword movesets seem intact except for a new one from the LS (it looks like a hunter art kind of move, but the player seems to be able to do it fairly frequently). Mounting also seems to have been expanded on, taking a page from DragDog and letting you move along the monsters body. It looks like you can even GS charge attack directly on the head if you're mounted on that part.

Might as well just can the whole franchise at this point

Monster Hunter World Japanese Trailer

Looks a bit better than the western one, and shows that it's still definitely monster hunter.

Not webm'd because fuck you guys, I'm going to bed.

That's just the same trailer

the only thing new in that trailer is that you can see Anjanath sleeping

it's the same trailer, the scenes are just in a different order.

i still don't understand why they are blocking people to show the gameplay, that doesn't make sense at all.

No gamer, don't you see, this game is actually good! It has all the sick monster hunter gameplay you desire, Just trust me and ignore all the articles, gameplay footage (except the ones I show), and other nonsense. Truly w- they here at capcom are "for the players (tm)".

I have actually done 9 shots of vodka and still been better than people online at monster hunter, G rank.

I agree with some of what you're getting spooked about, but do you have to start shitting yourself in such an embarassing way?

How would one go about shitting themselves in a not-embarassing way? Just curious.

Well, it's an inherently embarrassing act, but there are more and less embarrassing ways to do it. Do it quietly in a toilet, and no one's going to know. Do it loudly on a public imageboard, and you end up with that post.

why would you shit yourself if you're already on the toilet?

The vicarious thrill.

That music gets worse and worse every time I hear it. It's not just that it has no energy or dynamism to it, it's just plain bad on top of it all.

on that i agree, the monster theme was very weak and we had way better remixes of the theme in previous games.

The mix is bad, but there's something else too. It's like the orchestra is bad. There's too much stuff like bad timing and missed notes, but this isn't the kind of composition where that kind of stuff comes off as intentional.

You can apparently filter by language at least.

That would be what is needed, yes.

It reminds me of something,uumh i can't put my finger on it

The line has been crossed.

I take it back, this game is going to be a disaster.
They're leaving out the coziest parts.

Frankly, Monster Hunter was never meant to be like this. It plays best as a comfy, arcade style grindan. It's not meant to be super flashy and "realistic".

You say that as if they actually removed it

I hate the style

It looks way more "realistic" than it should be. Of course that's only because it's trying to attract westerners.

Are all the armors going to be brown and grey shit? Or really subdued colours? How are CB, Switch Axe and Hunting Horn animations and styles gonna look in that style? Will they censor and change armors to make them more realistic and practical looking to suit the style?

Will some of the crazier, colourful monsters like Teostra be in it? Amatsu? Chameleos?

Or is it just gonna be "Dinosaurs & Raths hunt: the game"

3rd gen is that way.
Shitposting aside, the Japanese trailer has considerably more colour for some reason.

New MH seems epic for teh win.
I don't understand what the "fans" are complaining about.

You act like those weapons are somehow beyond the pale for a more "realistic" style
HH is a different matter entirely, but for one thing, mechanical stuff is exactly how the capeshit industry has been dumbing down fantastical superpowers for casual audiences for decades now, I'd even say the charge blade is more understandable as a weapon than the greatsword is

Pic related

Do you mean as in it's moveset? Because I find it hard to believe that a big iron slab is harder to understand than a sword and shield where the shield can connect to the sword to become an axe.

I'm just wondering how it'll look.

I'm used to them looking like this, with animations involving these.

As a result of the realistic style I'm having hard time believing they'll look even remotely similar to the original, both in style and animations.

Well, the CB's kinda unique as by using it's moveset you gain an innate understanding of how the mechanics of it work
But no I meant just the concept, some cool mechanical shit that can store and release a charge I think seems a lot more believable to people than a someone swinging around a solid hunk of iron bigger than they are

Eh, I prefer the more grounded designs anyway, but we've still at least got big ass weapons made of bone covered in unnecessary spikes, so I'm sure they won't just reinvent the wheel when it comes to this kind of stuff
Hell, with all the work they're already having to do, I doubt they'd even have the time to just completely redesign the entire series worth of monster-themed weapons and armor

I think the CB will be the same old as it's always been, the leak Bow has some new dumb bullshit attack where they can set themselves still on the ground to do a more powerful charge shot, but they scrape the arrow along the ground first before charging up.

The maps are going to be the biggest pain in the fucking ass to deal with. The one they showed is 90% narrow corridors and hallways with assorted ramps and ledges. It's all packed too close together, there's no room to move around, there's no room for bigger monsters, Rathalos could barely fly around right because he was locked into this tiny little effective area.

It feels like those really bad RNG expedition maps in 4U that were a bunch of "mazes" and empty corridors. It looks pretty now, but it's going to get REALLY old REALLY fast when you just want to get in there and wreck the target's shit and get out because you have to do it all over again 20 more times to get the 1% drop.

I'm pretty sure the fast travel between multiple camps on the map was meant to fix the problem with trying to move around and I'll agree with the small effective space thing. 4U was considerably bigger in some areas but it was a pain in the ass in some areas because the verticality wanted to fuck with you, now there's too much verticality. RIP Hammer part 2

This is how Monster Hunter is supposed to be.

Oh and I forgot another one

What the fuck was up with 4th gen and making the camera spin around so slowly?

There's nothing wrong with this, i don't get the overreacting.

Kayamba is best Shakalaka. Fuck cats.

Yeah, hope they bring them back or maybe even design new companions. As long as they don't bring those generic cats back.

The worst.

It looks so much better than the overly vibrant and cartoony artstyle that was introduced in the introduced in the 3rd generation.
MHW looks like they took the intro cinematics from FU or something and turned that into a game.

I really hope there's dual audio, or at the very least a voice audio slider. That dub is fucking annoying.

It looks very brown and generic.

See, the problem with that is that cinematic are movies and they've clearly tried to turn the game into a movie-like, cinematic experience. If you can't understand why that's bad, then maybe you're too underage to appreciate when every single big name game wasn't like that.

I guess you think FU looks grey boring and generic etc. as well

Yeah, actually, it does. I should also mention that all of the 2nd gen maps they brought back in MHX/XX were the worst examples in the franchise and should have stayed forgotten. Terrible, awful layouts with muddy grey/brown textures slapped everywhere. MHFU was a fine game in its day and was rightfully one of the best PSP games ever made, but it's aged very poorly and everything 3rd gen did was a massive improvement for the franchise.

The overly cartoony artstyle from the 3rd generation looks like shit. All the monster look like pokƩmon and all the armour sets look like halloween costumes. I'm so glad that they are finally returning to the more realistic and believable artstyle that the first games had.

Oh please, the artstyle barely changed save for the fact that they added more colors than gray, brown, and green to the palette. And while we're at it, every single solitary 3rd gen monster is leaps and bounds superior to their 2nd gen counterparts.

Oh I see, is this another deal where you're still asshurt over the fact that 3rd gen happened to be on Nintendo instead of Sony?

I guess you can't help having shit taste.
Tell me, why would the meat, bone and hide from a sand shark turn into space marine armour? Almost all the 3rd gen gear is like that and it's so dumb. I prefer when you can actually tell what monster you've made your gear out of.

What's P3rd?

The shit taste is real.

Literally one 3rd gen armor is like that, stop exaggerating.

Why does the hide and meat of a Rhenoplos turn into a stuffed animal costume?
Why does the meat and hide of a Gigginox turn into a vampire custome?
Why does the meat and hide of an Agnaktor turn into greek armour?
Why does the meat and hide of a Wroggi turn into a cowboy costume?

Do you see what I mean about it being like fucking halloween party?

The generic hunter armor from the first game beats anything that the 3rd generation has to offer.
This is what monster hunter armor is supposed to look like. This is what the artsyle is supposed to be.

looks like trash

Damn straight. Armor should look like it does when a fantasy character has a wolf-pelt mantle. 2nd gen nailed this the best and for some reason in 3rd gen only the late game enemies provide this kind of aesthetic. 4th gen gets a little better about it.

That's the point. An aspiring hunter's armor is the scraps leftover from spoils of real hunters. Stitched and/or bolted together into a makeshift armor that you're only supposed to wear until you make your first armor set

Rhenoplos only turns into a stuffed animal as a girl, as a guy it turns into a big Onion Knight set. The cowboy is because it's tough, brown leather, the agnaktor fins have a lot in common with the little brush things on Greek armour.

Not everything is supposed to be wolf pelts draped over bones, sometimes it's themed to a monster.

Anyone still willing to play MHXX? I just beat the offline high rank but my hunter rank is still only 6. So is there anyone who can help me rank up vise versa?

Another question. I if i want to bring my character back to generations for some dumb reason, would transferring him back to X to Gen actually work?

Thank God for that, FU had the best maps, monsters and armor by far.

I'm off to work soon, but I'd be up for XX afterward.

No.

Forest and Hills best map in the series, fuck all who disagree. Yama Tsukami is best exclusive monster

I'd agree with you if Area 9 didn't exist on that map.

area 9 was the small tunnel with a pond?
I remember fighting a rathalos there, never want to do that again.

Does it really piss you off that much when the armorer is implied to have taken some creative liberties with the materials provided, and doesn't just turn up sets with the same look over and over? Do you understand that the monsters aren't just made of meat and fucking hide, you joyless cunt?

I find it kind of odd that these threads always had Gen 1 and 2 purists who said the games were too easy now and are crap. Now there are gen 1 and 2 purists who who are praising the seemingly even more casualized new game because it might have armour sets that appeal to them. Is this what it was really about all along?

It's all about HD Kirin and Narga girls

So what parts of a Nibblesnarf makes space marine armor?

well seeā€¦ you just needed to get him the parts so he'd have inspiration to make the armor out of completely unrelated substances

The point of the argument was that the arstyle of MHW is closer to the older games rather than the 3rd and 4th gen games. And that's at least one step in the right direction.

Bitches whine about MHXX being too crazy and easy with styles and hunter arts
Then the same faggots whine about MHW having none of that bullshit and going back to the roots with improvements on every area

All those intro pieces just sets the mood so well.

Goggles to keep the sand out, canisters on the hips for either Sonic bombs or water, easy straps to remove when heat gets bad, and a shiny finish to reflect the sun. It looks more like modern tacti-cool survivalist gear than a space marine. I'd wear it in a desert.

You can also use the argument that they unearthed blueprints for armors in the ancient ruins everywhere so having some shit look like that isn't completely out of the question. Look at the Artian sets.

then state it like an opinion and not a fact

The majority of the armour sets are not space marine armour. Perhaps I should have made this clearer in my previous post, but I don't think that a few dumb sets that aren't fully based on what you could craft from a monster's parts invalidate all the new armour sets in a game. I can guarantee that if the new sets were all grounded and realistic, people would find a reason to complain about that. This is fucking dumb anyway, the armour set aesthetics have literally fucking never came up before.

Oh, wait, it isn't even "space marine armor". Jesus christ

People are going to use anything they can to justify World existing

What the fuck user. Armor aesthetics in the previous games have nothing to do with MHW, it hasnt even come out yet.

I was talking about the futuristic looking armor sets. Get some fucking reading comprehension. The user saying MHW going back to "proper looking armor" is a fucking retard.

Do you lack any sort of reading comprehension?
The armour aesthetics are just an example to show that the 3rd gen's artsyle is so much more cartoony than the previous generations and that MHW being brown boring generic or whatever bussword you want to use is much closer to the original artsyle of the series.

Ah yes tell me that when they bring back anything that made the combat have weight as opposed to the floating rolling mess that still exists

And I said there were justifications for that. It's a non argument, because FU had silly looking shit anyway.

So do konchu purposely home in on you when doing actions like trying to use potions? I assumed I just had the worse luck.

That clearly was the exception rather than the rule. FUs over all arstyle and aesthetics just like the 1st gen was much more on the "realistic" side.

That's your opinion and it's a shit one at that.

How is the fact that the arstyles are different between the generations an opinion?

We were talking about how things looked out of place, not how the artstyle changed. Stop moving goalposts.

So how many silly out of place armour pieces are there in FU compared to normal ones?

But the argument here was about artstyle from the very beginning. Try reading the reply chain, the very first line in the post that started this argument was "I hate the style", and then it was about artstyle from there on.

This is going to vary between each player. The only armors I think are silly are the Uragaan ones in gen 3 onward because they are too bulky for me.

Which is a shitty argument for trying to put World up onto a pedestal because the "artstyle" being shit between older gens and newer gens is going to be completely fucking subjective.

Every monster homes in on you try to heal up

What do

Have you fully updated both MHXX and the translation patch? How are you launching XX? In order for the patch to work, you need to launch NTR+Mode3, then launch MHXX from it, every time.

Holy fuck user how do you screw up something so simple. All you have to do is

Thats literally it, but you have to run NTRs everytime before you play mhxx or it will be in nipponese again.

That probably explains it

The argument here being that this "new" artsyle that you babies keep complaining about isn't actually new to the series, rather this is more similar to how the original artsyle looked.

If you're still around user, I'll be up for hunting in a couple hours.

I think it's too early to be rating the artstyle yet. We've only seen 1 armor set, and only gotten a good look at some early game bone weapons. The armor and weapon designs are a very big component of the game's overall art style, and I think they could make or break it for MHW.

Ideally, I'd like to see more armor sets that look like metal armor reinforced with monster parts, and ones that incorporate parts of the monster. A few examples of my favorite examples are both the modern and older styles of Rathalos's (not the one with wings though), the Black set, or Dreadqueen. They all have some metal, Black and the old Rathalos especially, but they also all have parts of their monsters in their design, clearly as part of the armor. They all stand out, and all incorporate the monster's parts instead of looking vaguely inspired by the monster. The biggest issue with these ones is that most of black and the old rathalos are basically palette swaps, and both of their chests are almost all metal instead of having some scales or shell parts plating some of it. A few examples of ones that do something similar but fail in some way are Rathian's newer and older ones, and the Great Maccao. Rathian's newer one looks like it's mostly just Rathian-colored metal, though it does have some scales and claws in the design. The green metal looks weird to me. Her older set has a similar problem; it's mostly just metal armor. There's very little from Rathian on most of its parts, the helmet and waist don't appear to have a single bit of Rathian on them, the legs have a tiny bit here and there, barely noticeable. The chest has some scales, at least. It has far too little of the monster in the design; because of this, it's one the sets I dislike most in the series, and I think it's a perfect example of what not to do. Maccao's looks pretty good, except, it doesn't look like it's made from a Maccao. It looks like it's made from some green bird. The set has feathers all over it, the cape looks like it's a wing; it incorporates the Maccao's colors over a set of armor, and if it was for something like a green Malfestio it might be a good example, but considering the monster it's made from it's terrible. Which is a shame, because aside from that massive issue, it's one of my favorite looking sets introduced in X.

To be 100% fair, the velociraptor that inspired Maccao as well as the Ranbos and Jaggi families got it's name from birds to begin with due to similarities, and the Maccao's feathery mane certainly lends itself to birdlike imagery.

Actually, I just checked them again, they do actually have some of that. Weird, I had forgotten about that somehow.

That is a good point. I've always seen the mane as looking more like ferns than feathers, so that part never clicked to me. I get that it's a bird wyvern, but the big wing feels like it's going too much into the "inspired by a monster" territory instead of "made from a monster". It also has the monster's vaulting attacks lending itself to inspiration of a bird in flight.

is there any other source of the leaked footage? shit's down

The nya link from earlier still works.

>not space marine armor

oh, i saw the ds3 intro and thought it was some kind of ebin prank and clicked off, serves me right

Is XX fully translated or should I play X?

Exactly, and the artsyle of MHW already looking more like the older games makes it seem that it will deliver on that point.

The Rathian armor definitely has rathian parts on it, at least the female version.

imo the female gunner version of the Rathian armor is probably one of the best looking armor sets of the entire series.

XX contains all the content of X and more. There's no reason to play vanilla X at this point.

Okay anons I made a hub in MHXX, starting with HR6 key quests, join in you want, I would greatly appreciate it though.

ID is 33-8100-1447-0538

Its going to be public so if any nips join then i dont mind, i need players.

Im gonna be online until my battery dies. I would appreciate any help instead of you taking shit about stuff that works.

I'm hoping the existence of world doesn't mean the cancellation of XX international for Switch.

Yeah, but I have a local multiplayer group.

It's set to release 25th august in Japan.
As far as I know there are no plans to release it anywhere else at the moment though.

I'll be expecting the best case scenario that XX international will be shitcanned in favor of world. And I'll be getting world on PC for that 60 fps.

Fucking nipponese devs.

They locked Dragon's Dogma on PC at 60 fps. I expect they will do the same for MonHun.

Hasn't it already been confirmed to be 30 fps?

It might have been at e3. Though I'm hoping the game will be at 60 fps on release. If the game is locked at 30 fps then I suppose a Switch version of World is possible.

I think I'll just import MHXX for Switch and pretend MH:W doesn't exist.

The 3DS version is out and translated (if you mod it) if you can't wait.

Don't do that MH:XX is about as bad as world.

This is false. DD on PC is capped at 150 fps. Many of Capcom's other PC games, including older ones going back a decade, are capped at 120 fps. It's been said that they are targeting 30fps on consoles, but I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that the PC version will support framerates higher than 60.

Doubt that will happen. It wasn't announced at e3.

I was wrong about that. Thanks. Still if it uses DD's engine then 60+ fps can be plausible. Unless Capcom says they needsparity between versions then fuck em.

A Switch version isn't impossible. That said. If there is no Switch version then there's going to be lots of western MonHun fans who will not buy a Switch.

And if Nintendo can't keep the western MonHun fans on their platform then who's to say that MonHunV won't move to Sony's or Microsoft's next handheld instead? I guess it depends on if Nintendo cares enough about MonHun outside of Japan wether ir not they'll help Capcom port Worlds to Switch.

Say what you will about BoTW or the Switch but I find returning to the game while it's suspended between work periods convenient.

Well considering Sony's involvement, I'd say the chances moderately high.

If Sony was involved then it wouldn't be coming out on the xbone or PC.

Oh, I thought it was ps4/pc for the west and ps4 for nippon.

Well, that's still effectively what it's going to be

Shit man, sorry. If you're still around I can hunt for a bit now before work.

Considering the N3DS can run Monster Hunter at 60 FPS, I would presume the Switch is capable of doing so too.

Just play it on the 3DS, don't go and buy a Switch until it has a robust library of exclusives and gets a revision to make it portable.

Why would Western fans matter? They're a drop in the bucket compared to native fans, always have been. World is going to bomb hard because of this idiot focus on the foreigners.

Correct, it's PS4 exclusive at home, with a PC port for the foreigners.

It runs the older ones at 60FPS, X/Gen and XX are capped at 30FPS because of all the extra special effects on everything.

It's PS4 in Japan, PS4/Xbone on initial release in the west, with a PC port being released some time after its initial release. Check the trailer in

I keep forgetting the Xbone even is a thing. Still, the point is that it's a PS4 exclusive, and thus has no chance of hitting the numbers of the PSP and 3DS titles.

It is portable you fucking retard. Do you mean it has a better battery for portable? Because it has the largest battery they can cram in there. Unless battery tech has a big leap(that's cost effective), Nintendo gets their hands on a new chipset that's more power efficient(while again, being cost effective) or they make a Switch XL(in which it physically has more room for bigger battery) there's no chance at a better battery life on the thing.

Japan sure doesn't think so. The Switch might do well as TV consoles go, but it won't have a chance at competing with the 3DS or Vita until they make a version that can fit in your pocket.

I'm far more exciting for MHW than I was for/am for XX. Arts and styles are trash, FU and 4U (I never played gen 3) were both much better IMO.

Just letting you know that some of us do have consistent opinions.

So you are a retard. Check the news faggot it's been selling out whenever it gets new stock everywhere. Especially Japan.

And people are only using it at home because everyone treats it like a TV console. People aren't taking it out on the trains like a 3DS or Vita.

What is known so far. If anyone would like put the changes and new features in text, go ahead. I'm too sick to do that.

The irony is so thick that I can hardly breathe.

Any customer who puts the producer's desire over their own is fucking brainwashed.

I remember WoWfags that kept buying every expansion. Just last year I was talking to one that was buying Warlords or whatever the newest was, expressing my extreme caution about such a decision based on Blizzard's track record in the previous expansions.

Guy pulled the same exact

I don't even try to talk to him about video games anymore. It's just not productive at all.

Also why the fuck do they think it's Switch owners that are complaining? Even if it's just a port from a machine everyone and their mother owns, thus making it entirely pointless to get a Switch for one, that's still closer to a real Monster Hunter than World is looking to be.

Talking to the kind of people who play WoW isn't exactly going to be conducive to video game related conversations.

A lot of western switch owners complained about it on the more popular social media sites, then some of the eceleb youtubers like cuckshedhunter made montage videos showing off that "salt" only. So now they assume anyone who dislikes World is a switch owner mad about no XX in the west, or a nintendo fanboy who's mad MH is betraying their preferred soulless corp in favor of a different soulless corp. Plus, that makes an easy way to rationalize ignoring any and all criticism; "They're just salty nintendo fanboys/switch owners so their opinions don't matter." The complaints weren't just that World isn't coming to Switch, though. It's also partially because there's still no sign of an XX localization, and most of these people are good goys who don't install evil hacker tools like CFW.

They aren't taking them on trains because there's no good local multiplayer games yet. No one's gonna play ARMS or Mario Kart 20,000 on a train.

So the problem is Westerners using Westerners to dismiss concerns about a Japanese video game. Figures.

People play single player shit on trains all the time, just the other day saw someone playing Project X Zone 2.

Where the fuck do these people come from?
I will say I don't know much about the game aside from what I've seen from the one shitty phone vid, but I don't really like what I saw so far (namely no more animation locks and VOICEACTING). I want to hold my judgements until we see more concrete proof of what is happening. What I definitely DO NOT want is

I just want to bash some beasties in an arena environment, why must this be so hard now?

Confirmed not to be happening in World.

This was confirmed during the leaked video. One of the hunters goes back to base camp and swaps his weapons, and the commentator mentions it.

From the leaked video we now know LS can now, but at the cost of a spirit level. It's safe to assume Lance can probably still jump, too. So with IG that's at least 3 weapons that can jump.

In the video here he claims that in one of the private gameplay sessions they confirmed arts and styles won't be in World and are X exclusive.

This was confirmed in the Dengeki interview.

More Monster Hunter World at 3:30AM PDT 6:30AM EDT Tomorrow.

At this point its basically confirmed that there won't be a western release for MHXX right?
Im losing the motivation to finish all those mini crowns on my MHGen saveā€¦

Supposedly there's a way to fix save data from the NA version of X to turn it back to JP and then import to XX

From where do these idiots come from? How can a human being be so fucking stupid?

New thread