New 2ds xl

Nintendo seemed to have slipped this one under my nose.
>no comfortable ergonomic controller-esquire design, we just get a slightly more rounded rectangle hey, my hands got sore quickly playing Mario kart
What's the point?

It's probably the best version of the system hands down. Don't get what you're mad about.

As the "penultimate" version of the hardware and a cheap way to get your hand on the New improvements
Of course they have the cameras, what the fuck would they not have the cameras for?
I have no idea what they mean by "most" DS games, myself.
New 3DS had amiibo NFC functionality too, don't know why you're blathering on about them when having an NFC reader/writer in them isn't really a bad thing if you don't use the damned things
That limited edition N3DSXL isn't quite so new if Gamestop's selling it for ~$200, last I checked a New 3DS still goes for three hundred smackers new, only time they were ever cheaper was the Black Friday deal
"Judging by the picture" you can't even see the damned speakers, they were confirmed for stereo sound in the reveal trailer
You're blind if you think it isn't thinner than the stock 2DS or New 3DS/XL
Looks about as comfortable as any of the rest of the 3DS line, though slab-like 2DS is bar none the comfiest

Does it have an OLED screen or what

Yes user the shitty DS guitar hero will not work on the new 2ds xl.

Should i buy it if i find it under 100 bucks?
Can i modify it?

Nah m8
Because it's the "economy model", IE it's supposed to be significantly cheaper with less features
Plus they still have TWO fucking cameras on the back
That's exactly what I meant
I guess I missed that

OLED is black magic.

That's why I love it.
I'd consider getting the New 2DS if it had a kickass screen at 360p
I'll just get a used New 3DS Xl, much cheaper and hackable

240p

No. I want them to raise the res a bit, there's no point for older consumers to get it other for collection.

It's there so that AR games can function properly and take 3D pictures

Well yeah, good luck playing Guitar Hero On Tour on any 3DS or 2DS model. Maybe try reading sometime instead of putting things in quotes and jumping to conclusions like a faggot

3DS was the only console to show year to year growth last year, so I doubt it
the cheapest is 50 dollars more
50 dollars less for a 3D function you probably don't want is a great deal
you complain about how it's not functional with all DS games, but want features removed that would leave it not functional with all 3DS games
nope, still has stereo, see pic

Fucking casuals

Oh shit. There stereo is at the bottom now, I like it

Am I on 4chan?

I don't see any holes for speakers there, fag.

I don't see anybody defending anything.

On the bottom, you dumbass

yeah, they're called children under 5. the 2ds exists so nintendo can shill their toddler shit to literal toddlers without lawsuits.

Really?

Quit being intellectually dishonest, redditor. This is a thinking man's website.

2DS is best.

Nice, that's the first time i see the front.
A few things still bother me:

Right.

Prove I'm wrong first.

Argumentum ad Reddit was a pretty faggoty move but no there's no blind defense going on. Move on.

Except my argument wasn't that he was from reddit. Learn how to read.

Remove head from ass, referral was to bringing up Reddit at all. Move on.

What I can't correct some idiot without being called a nintendrone?

If it wasn't a clamshell and was flat like the 2DS I would have picked one of these up in a heartbeat.

I thought the point of the 2ds was to prevent kids from wearing out the hinge and remove other things to make it cheaper and easier for kids to use. Why bring the hinge back?

Easy moneu

Probably couldn't get away with releasing another 3DS hardware iteration, and there was a clamor for a New 2DS. Shove the both of 'em together and you get the New 2DS XL; hell, for all of that they might go back to the slab 2DS for a stock New 2DS.

I still have the original 3ds from 2012, only thing wrong with it is that my hands are bigger than the entire handheld and the little thumb padding got loose other than that it's golden.

There's only like one game that runs on the New 3DS hardware exclusively and that's Xenoblade Chronicles iirc so there's no point in getting the New variety.

Is that a sandwich?

Xenoblade Chronicles, a shitty Binding of Isaac Rebirth port, a handful of indies and shovelware in the eShop are New 3DS only. Beyond that it's hardware improvements to a select few games; you get more value out of a New 3DS as a pirate because you can fuck with the clock speed and force those improvements on all 3DS games. Performance-suffering ones like MGS3D benefit heavily from the improved specs, but can't do so without pirate tools.

Y E A R - - O F - - N I N T E N D O

I don't know about the regular 2DS, but the New 2DS is almost certainly an attempt to get rid of surplus 3DS parts.

It's like the Wii Mini, and just as bad.

Nintendo want's shekels
devil's advocate response is even though the DS is nearing the end of it'slife doesn't mean people will stop playing the games right off the bat. Games like Pokemon are still played well after they are released.Also the old 2ds looks like a wedge of cheese and this is objectively better. Also 3d sucked,especially if you have glasses

Except that's not what "Argumentum ad Reddit " would mean, dumbass.

Reported.

it looks good tho

Dunno why you think this is shitposting, he's telling the truth. The entire 3DS has been a debacle, proof Nintendo has no idea what its doing when it comes to its handheld, riding on a gimmick (like the switch) instead of making something solid that people will recognize.

This is of course because Nintendo wants that hot mobile market dick and all your micro transactions, as is evident with all the bullshit they did to that new kirby game on the 3ds and the rest of the shovelware that adopted that system. Only their mainline games have any semblance of quality anymore as there is so much shit on the eShop it really feels like they have left the system out to dry and it will only get half-hearted ports once the Switch sales level out.

Why? Simply because they've made multiple form factors and models with different features that different people may like? How can it be a debacle when the entire line drove hardware sales in the tens of millions while the Wii U floundered?
Except it doesn't really ride on a gimmick and it clearly has been recognized according to sales.
I don't understand what's with you people saying something is a failure when mathematically it isn't.

I'm calling it now, this console will be breaking for everyone within 5 months.

It's a Subway Footlong©

White Bear can go fuck themselves.

It's sold like hotcakes, sunk its competitor to the bottom of the ocean (Vita) and has some great games

Should've bought more Gamecubes then, after that bombed on the market against an underpowered DVD player and the Wii sold record numbers Nintendo learned what you are actually willing to pay for

see pic

As much as I want to mock the 3DS, the 2DS was made to sell to younger kids because they didn't want to face lawsuits where kids went blind or something because they decided to use the 3D feature.

Oh fuck I used the 3D feature once in Kid Icarus and once in Monster Hunter, how long do I have?

7 days.

7 seconds.

Is your brain still in its formative years? If not, then you're fine.

Damage is at the eye level, not cortex.

Meh. People rather plug their ears to the truth.
Thanks (((mods))), may your amiibos be cheap and Korean made.

If Nintendo had put out 3 models of 3DS.
The Original 3DS and the Original 2Ds.
Then Waited ..Say..5 years , then put out the "New" 3DSXL with an off button for the 3D that a retard can use! - there would be -far less- animosity from anyone who's not mindlessly gagging on Nintendo cock.

If any other company put out 6 variants of the same handheld ,the shitstorm would be unending.

Just wait till normals start strapping switch controllers to their faces.

As a person who owns both, I can tell you they're both rotting in the deep.
3DS
Vita

I should have googled first.

If I recall correctly, the New 3DS can play certain SNES games better on homebrew emulators.