I went back to play this turd and boy is it worse than I remembered

I went back to play this turd and boy is it worse than I remembered

I probably missed a lot of shit but fuck if this shit isn't egregious.

The story may be shit but it is still one of the best third person shooters ever made

I've never played it but, if GTA IV, V, and RDR are any indication, cockstar have been making interactive movies for the past 10 years and nobody has said a damn thing about it because they have rudimentary gameplay that prevents them from going full movie.

Shit, they've been making the exact same GTA game for ten years plus - storywise, anyways.

GTA is essentially the Madden of its genre, but yet so many people will applaud it while bashing the latter.

Considering how little of it is actually gameplay I disagree.
My total playtime was around 9 hours out of which the only level I felt I was in any control was the airport level which is around 30 minutes of the game. Not to mention the retarded weapon limit, stupid "boss" enemies, glorified turret sections and badly designed levels.
Both Max Payne 1 and 2 are better. Vanquish is vastly superior to this too. At least that game doesn't waste your time with trash.

Max Payne 3 is a depressing game to play because you can see how much fun the underlying gameplay was on the rare occasion it was cut loose (more than ~5 enemies at once, play it on either the top difficulty or the 'classic' or 'hardcore' mode. The game could have been an all time classic if gameplay wasn't playing second fiddle to a Man on Fire crossover fanfic.
Also even though the game claims the cutscenes are unskippable due to 'loading' the option to skip always shows up at the exact same moment regardless of how long it takes to load. You can test this yourself if you want. They were just that desperate for you to experience the shitty writing.

Holy shit I am not even running an SSD and my cutscenes are pretty much the same in how "skippable" they are. This game has to be the most pretentious high budget turd shat out by any developer.

This shit should have died in the mid 2000's along with loading screens.

git gud nerd

It could have been good, it really could have been, but there was just too much bullshit smeared on top to deal with. What a shame.

I disagree. I think Skyrim is the most pretentious high budget turd.

Skyrim probably had a lower budget than Max Payne 3.

Perhaps, but it was still pretty up there IIRC.

Then again, I think anything by Bethesda is high up there on the pretentious scale.

Nothing beats Life is Strange, though. That's the biggest pretentious turd of all, regardless of budget.

I'd say Max Payne 3 is way more pretentious than Skyrim is.

Haha, thats right friend! This video game is not good. Did you know the holocaust never happened?

Well, it all is, really. It seems to me like games these days are competing for that distinction.

Still better than Max Payne 2

LOL?

Skyrim is many things but I don't think you can call it pretentious (at least not on the same level as MP3).

If you play the arcade modes (like New York Minute) the game skips the unskippable cutscenes for you.

Yup it's a gigantic turd.
Even worse since original Max Payne revolved on placing skillful shots in slow mo to dispatch loads of opponents over a very short time (and dying if you messed up) in this one the environment constantly get your way and very poor level design, making it actually far easier to just treat the game as a regular chest eye wall cover shooter and never pop out of cover.

Gas yourself.

G E T G O O D

You're trying too hard. Half of those crits are reddit-tier.

Agreed. When I played it 5 years ago, I thought those cutscenes and writing were made by some hipster intern from Rockstar because it reeked pretentiousness and arrogance.

Very much so. Goons are a plight on this board and on this planet.

Max Payne 3 is best game 3 10/10

Oddly enough, I was feeling masochistic and replayed it a year or so ago and felt it had gotten better, gameplay-wise. It might have been impacted by the fact that I had upgraded to an SSD for my main drive between playthroughs, though. Bypassing the cutscenes is an essential improvement to the game.

Did you mean to reply to me?

Fair enough I guess

So don't play that way if you don't like it. Just because a game has an easy mode doesn't mean you need to use it. That stuff was there for the dumb consolefags but the core bullet dodging gameplay is still there if you want it. Vid related

I like it. Would have preferred they changed up how cutscenes worked though.

I wished the cool shit was at my disposal instead of the game's.
As in, I wish I was the one choosing when to do all sorts of neat stunts and shit, instead of being railroaded into slowmotion shooting galleries.

It's a cinematic game but Holla Forums loves it because its from Rockstar.

Max Payne 3 is literally everything I've seen this board angry about. I'm a goddamn plotfag and even I threw the controller against the wall and rage quit. FUCK THIS PIECE OF TRASH

Did you even read this thread?

Go back to 4chan and suck kike cock.

No but I remember when the game was hot and threads went quite differently.

All the game media loved this trash back in the day and it sold millions. Rockstar is a powerful brand. I remember this all so well because it was my Epiphany.

no one ever praised that game on Holla Forums you newfaggot.

Who doesn't want to kill hordes of favelamonkey shitskins?

The gameplay is still better than Max Payne 1, where enemies have robot-like reflexes and you don't get decent weapons until the III Act.

Maybe next time you should read before you post and prevent yourself from looking like a fucking buffoon.

I know it sounds edgy and I'm definitely not encouraging toxic behaviour, but I discovered that this game ought to be played while DRUNK.
Again, I don't want you to actually go out there and try it -I've quit alcohol for about three years now, but for two I basically ended up getting drunk every night. One of these nights, I played Max Payne 3, on PC.
And suddenly, the piss-easy shootouts became challenging. Max's incoherent rambling was now a soft background cushion. The flashy cutscene effects of chromatic aberration and shaky cameras suddenly found their true hypnotic meaning, and purpose.
You feel like going through the circumstances, not bothering with names and happenings, but -like Max- as angel of death uncaring of the surroundings.

I got back to it after I quit drinking, and was so bored that I unistalled it and never downloaded it again.

Jesus fucking christ you're new. I mean there are threads up right fucking now shitting all over Rockstar for GTA V and even IV.

I fucking hated the game until I reached the airport lobby shootout and it finally clicked. All that time I thought they were trying to emulate shitty 80s action films when they were emulating Guy Richie.

Its a shit max payne sequel but if it wasnt called max payne, it would have been decent because of all the fucking unskippable cutscenes holy shit

Kill yourself
I'd tell to you to git gud, but >>>/suicide/ is a better alternative for casual faggotry.

You talk like a faggot. End your life like one.

I enjoyed it at the time but like most people have said, unskippable cutscenes just kill any form of replay value you might get and Arcade mode is dogshit.

That said, my favourite part was the New York section. Anything after or before that is just a blur.

It's not a true Max Payne game, but goddamn does it have some fantastic gunplay.
Blows GTA out of the water.

There are legitimately guys on Holla Forums that defend this game

I would like it too if it didn't pause the action every 5 minutes and start an unskippable cutscene

Anyway yes it's a turd compared to Mp1 and Mp2 but I think that is largely since Rockstar was forced into a corner after MP2. Since MP2 more or less completed the storyline (amost every character in the series was killed off by the end of MP2 except Max ) So they had to come up with something for it.

It's also that they weren't really that interested in the media that the original two games were inspired by. Like Mp1/2 were inspired by graphic novels, really really old movies and Hong Kong movies. Like they literally animated the characters based on attempting to recreate scenes in Hard Boiled. Max Payne 3 on the other hand is more based on modern action movies like Die Hard and as a result comes off as dumber and more derivative. Max Payne 1/2 were also PC games first and it's why when making MP3 they had things like a dumb 1-2 weapon limit since they were making it solely for console players.

Also the OST's to both MP1 and Mp2 were 10/10. The fact they weren't even able to replicate 1/10th the quality of either game's ost is a travesty.

Also, why the fuck the location? I get that they wanted to make it take place outside america but they could have picked something better like somewhere in russia

Gameplay is there if you dont use retardĀ®cover

but Cuckstart really fucked it up with those fucking cinematics

I thought it was OK.

Never forget the 6 million gigabytes

Eh, it had many flaws but I loved what little gameplay there was. And the last two chapters were great. But I also liked Man on Fire so my opinion might be a little biased.

Yes, the unskippable cutscenes are a legit problem (which doesn't efffect gameplay too much). The other problem is the crappy DPI for aiming (not sure if they fixed it). Everything else is fine and done pretty well tbh.

I actually prefer it to 2, only because the gameplay is probably the best out of the series it actually lets me to play the damn game - but only in arcade mode without the last stand shit and where cover is practically useless. I didn't like either game's story all that much (3 less so for obvious reasons) but 2 was way too fucking easy with how its Bullet Time changes broke the entire damn game.

IMO the first Max Payne is the only truly good Max Payne game.

I liked the multiplayer at first, but then I realize what I really wanted was just a sequel to this mod for Half-Life.

I never beat the game, tbh. i think i stopped when i arrived in africa or brazil or wherever you get later on. I think what was worse than all has been the abrupt Cutscences and the endless talking of max. I don't remember him speaking every few meters in mp2.
The multiplayer sucked balls like every rockstar multiplayer does.

How does one end his life in a gay fashion?

that cutscene is in engine

Go back to cuckchan