Vidya Psychology

Here we will talk about the Cult of Personality, and why people defend multi-billion dollar companies. We aren't bashing a single company, but rather taking a step back to analyze and understand them further, and why they do this.
I always think it's due to corporate centered bigotry.

People cannot accept that their favorite company isn't all it's cut out to be, but they'll keep defending it due to the love they built up for it since children, along with societal pressure and being outcasts due to wrongthink, so they'll be determined to defend them until the very end, even if they don't particularly like them.
They say we grew up, but they themselves still enjoy the new games even when old, they are forgiving and keep buying a mediocre product. So it may have to with the bar being lowered and standards dropping immensely. Never going back to older games and enjoying the effort and care that was put into them, even with limitations.
Spoilered for lewd, but on topic.

sauce?

People grow up with two-way relationships between individuals.
Even as adults, it's difficult to remember that a relationship between a customer and a corporation is one-sided. Individuals will defend a company they like in the same way they would defend a friend.

Best guess for this image: man

GJ google image search

Wow. That is true, how do people feel friendship towards a corporation though?
I understand some people aren't critics and enjoy games no matter what, but we are specifically talking about the people who are defensive, even with the worst.

Thanks, I'll have to keep looking I guess. Tineye gave me 0.

It's part of our nu-western culture, where "friendships" are so shallow that company/customer interactions are pleasant by comparison.

Because they are retarded. That's the one and only actual explanation. I have a friend who liked FC5, despite it being abhorrent. He also plays League of Legends and Overcuck. I ask him, says "because it's fun" - even though all 3 of these games are the definition of game development done horrible wrong.

Normalfags have considerably lower IQ than us. They know much less about games than us and have no idea what corporations aim for.

I think it's all because they want to seem hip and cool. They want to seem "with it," so that people don't ostracize them. People always want to belong, and if that means selling yourself out, then so be it. The short term is always more precious to most than the long term.

Oh shit that hit the nail deep. Our culture strives to keep our friendships superficial in order to keep us vulnerable to mass corporate milking. Finna suicide brb.

I think an explanation would be that when someone plays a good game, it creates comfort, pleasure, basically positive feelings. Of course the game is made by a company, so it is possible that those positive feelings are not only associated with the game, but also with the game makers(either a company or the "face" of the company like Todd Howard). So I guess people defend companies, because they want those positive feelings that the company's game produces, and even if the game isn't as good as the previous entries, there is always mental gymnastics like "it's not that bad", "it's different, not bad", "it was just a fluke" or "the next game will be better".

You should famalam

I finna will tbqhwy famalamadingdongdesu

Shit. So in a way, it's like an escapism where people get milked for their money in order to feel some sort solace in their purchasing choice, because they can't handle the cold, sharp, bitter discomfort of the real world? That explains why people get INSANELY defensive about big corps, even when they don't care about their interests. It's because they genuinely feel like it's the only thing they have left.
Fuck. Talk about emotional exploitation.

It really does explain why people haven't snapped out of it, because deep down inside they know it's not as great, but they'd be damned if they admitted it. Fuck this gay earth.

If only there was a sort of Rehab for this. I feel like when video games existed, it was a bad time due to society itself already collapsing and it sort of dragged itself with it, making damaged people who would choose the "easy route"

Wait, wait, I'll talk about your post, but first:
Is that guy deepthroating his own dick?

back in my day we smoked drugs for escapism and played videogames for fun

Is that why I don't find myself sucking corporate cock and watching vidya streamers? Because I actually have friends?

Back in your day the society was full of degenerate filth.

You know what they say about glass houses, right?

nowadays society is shining beacon of ubermensch right?

You know, I think this also ties in with Let's Players and other E-celebs. Some people are either lonely, or have poor social skills, or both, so when they see a "friendly" face on the screen playing games, and talking like a friend, telling you about his life, what he did, what he likes, he also talks about the game, and so one, they feel a certain attraction to that person. That person also uses twitter, or has a private feed/discord, or responds to emails so even the most inapt person can talk to that "friend". If that "friend" also has a patreon and will actually say out loud HIS name on his latest video if only you give him 10 $, well of course he is going to give him 10 $, it's the only way "sempai will notice me".

It's a lot like how televangelism works. They prey on those who are desperate for any sort of solace in their wretched lives.

The same logic applies here. You can beat people over the head time and time again with how some game sucks or how some company's practices aren't proper but in the end, they won't listen because it's all they have going for them.

Fanboys prove this quite well, because why would you live vicariously through something like a video game franchise if you had your life in order?

It's fucking funny, because society is becoming more right wing, and they're going to be worshipping corporations instead of doing drugs. Fuuuuuuuck. Maybe being a hippy wasn't so bad.
I mean, you have a hippy or a corporocuck. I think I'd rather be "free" than waste away never truly being happy.
Though, if I had the choice of striking a balance. I'd definitely pick that. Well, I have already chosen it actually.

Most likely, which also explains why some people with "friends", STILL defend their favourite company, because the multiplayer games they play are still a distraction and having other people is mandatory, so they play with strangers. Of course, this is different from someone who plays it just to have fun and is actually tight with their friends, not to try to get away from themselves. It does seem this is a part of something MUCH bigger. We need more research, not on " Why vidya is baed" but hardcore burning corporate loyalty

Corporate loyalty is almost bred into Americans. If they could find a way to genetically engineer every burger to be born permanently affixed to corporate dick, they would.

this
this is how microsoft survives with something like the xbone

This has nothing to do with the political spectrum. Corporate culture is on both sides and are just as cancer. Don't go thinking that hippies are these buddahs that are free of want and greed and just smoke ganja like it's 1968 when in reality they are jacking off at silicone valley they same way they do at wall street.

Tineye has never given me a successful result.

Bamp for keeping sage on

Remember that user that predicted that we would have a "friend tax" soon, where you tip someone money for being your friend?
HE WAS RIGHT

I dunno, I work in a corporation and it pisses me off almost 24/7. Not everyone is dumb enough to think any of these companies give a shit about anything but themselves.

Part of it is because people project their own interests as being a part of their identity.

for example, many people that are deep into CoD or halo would describe themselves as a "halo player" or "call of duty player". same could be applied to many games, such as league, dota, or overwatch, or even to consoles.
there are people out there that are extremely loyal to a certain game or company, because they see that object as part of what makes them a person.
so suddenly, when a game is an extension of your own self-identity, it's much more difficult to assign blame to the company that creates the game, since you would be inadvertently shitting on your own ego as a result.

it's brand loyalty, but it goes a little deeper since people are generally more autistic about games compared to other interests.

And I'm saying that wouldn't change what the political culture is. Only difference is one of them serves coffee at your cubicle and the other has a 5 minute break trampoline. Both of them try to make you think you are their friend, and neither of them are.

Not really sports fans and especially soccer fans are really aggressive and here in Europe there are many cases where fans beat each other up, mostly during the day there is a match between the two teams. I am sure movie and music fans are as autistic as gamers, maybe even a bit more snob, since music and film is considered high level entertainment, whereas games still have that "it's a children's toy" stigma. On the other hand, there are things like fishing, or miniature constructions(don't know the term, but it's when you assemble a small ship out of wood and glue) where people are more laid back and don't care about brands as much as normalfags care about EA or Ubisoft, or maybe I am wrong and it's just that they aren't as vocal as other people are.

And if the political culture didn't allow corporations to exist, then what?

Hey, at least we keep it to ourselves instead of spreading the poz bullshit around like you fucks generated.

And before you had more of him, but out in the open and shooting shit up.

We can talk the whole day about which life was better, but baby, being empty and having shallow friends is better then having thugs for friends and drug dealers for confidants.

Then you have a society of mom and pop shops which also wouldn't work.

then fuck off Holla Forums