This looks like cinematic heavy scripted linear shit. When will a proper Metro game ever be made?

This looks like cinematic heavy scripted linear shit. When will a proper Metro game ever be made?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/W5tPm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Every single game nowadays is a cinematic scripted shit. Stop complaining.

I mean stop complaining not because whole e3 was shit, but because metro was actually the only good looking game on it, no matter how cinematic trailer was.

Get the fuck out on cuckchan.

Less scripted than 2033's trailer.

Linear narrative is fine, but linear levels and linear gameplay is what I've always hated about Metro. The gunplay when fighting non human enemies was horrible in the past Metros as well.

Metro is garbage, especially Last Light.

Fuck off. There's barely any gameplay elements in bioshock infinite

Metro will never be Stalker. It'll pick up the generic open world template everyone else uses.

Just like Metro.

I'm okay with open world as long as it's open ended and not scripted, because the premise of open world is going wherever you want and finding objectives by yourself.

Metro is actually based on a book.
The book is great if you can speak the original language. The translations aren't great. The games themselves leave out massive portions of the book.
The first Metro was the closest to the books. Last Light and this game seem to have nothing to do with the books anymore.

I don't agree. There's a lot of gameplay, but the other half of the content is you being railroaded as hell. Those Library and Depository levels are absolutely horrible beyond comprehension.

Metro 2033 isn't very much like either of those games, though.
In fact, BioShock Infinite wouldn't be released for another three years after the release of Metro 2033.

It's strange, isn't it?
Metro 2033 was based off the Russian book Метро 2033.
Metro: Last Light was a sequel to the game, but not the second book, Метро 2034.
However, Метро 2035 is partly based off of Last Light, meaning the games are now influencing the book.
It's confusing.

apparently metro exodus isn't open world, so those stupid fucking stalker larpers muttering "they were pandering to us stalker fans xddd" can shut the fuck up now
archive.fo/W5tPm

Probably because that's a cinematic trailer.
2033 was the only game that was really necessary, to be honest. Last Light felt like more of the same. Not sure I care about this one unless they can manage to make it feel unique enough.

That's just the slavic way of adapting something. Look up Stalker, Hard to be A God, and Faust. They don't like being tied by rigid narrative, they just want to express their vision of the source and add value to the product by doing so.

What a load of bullshit.

Metro 2033 had scripted boss fights, so no.

To anyone who hasn't actually played the Metro games before, don't get Metro 2033 Redux, it's fucking garbage. Last Light redux/non redux isn't all that different but Redux of the original game completely kills the atmosphere in favor of LENS FLAAAARE. Seeing as that was their latest development I am pretty reserved about new Metro.

What does that have to do with what I said?

All modern FPS game looks like cinematic linear horseshit. When will proper labyrinthine FPS be made?

There is no such thing as level design anymore.

Some games are linear, and that isn't a problem in and of itself.

It is okay for adventure games to be linear, or for strategy games to have no exploration… But in genres that are founded on exploration, like FPS, linearity is only pejorative.

Scripted boss fights are really unnecessary.

Yes, but the way it's done in Metro is wonky. Take for example CoD 1 and 2, the transition between scripted events and action events are better than Metro. Also, combat in Half Life 1 wasn't very scripted despite being a linear game.

No, anything but adventure. There's nothing "adventurous" about linearity.

And so another day dawns over Holla Forums

I agree, but I'm talking about point and click games.

I don't see what that has to do with what I said. I never said 2033 was perfect, just that Metro seems to be a one game kind of concept. It's like how Bioshock 2 made a bunch of improvements but it wasn't enough because Rapture just felt old a second time around.

I don't see why. We may have gone a little too far in the linear direction over the past decade and a bit, but the FPS genre is more interesting and varied when games like Quake and Half Life can exist side by side.

That is what Metro has been since the first fucking game

This thread is superfluous, it was a cinematic trailer not a gameplay trailer.

Isnt that a reason to complain even more?

But the new game will be heads on full of cinematic bullshit.
What you saw was the game, it'll just look a lot worse when it's released.

Metro always has been, and it does it well.

Epic meme, because freedom for skyrim babbies means not having any consequences and game actively shielding you from any potential ones.

The other games, most certainly. But I hardly saw anything "cinematic" about Monster Hunter.
Better visuals = cinematic now?
Other than the end scripted sequence with his "friends" coming to help, I didn't notice anything.

not trying to shill this game at all. But the creator himself said in an interview that they purposely made it this cinematic and that it would have segments that are as linear as previous game and more open ones, which isnt shown in the video

As i enjoyed the previous game I am mildly interested in seeing how this game will play out. I am eager for actual gameplay or a demo

Did you actually play 2033? It was heavily scripted, linear, 'cinematic' and fun

Gee, I wonder what kind of industrial equipment you need to polish turd THAT big.

2033 was okay. great atmosphere in the "towns" and fun shootan. last light was a total crime though, and the redux in LL's engine is straight-up disgusting

So it's more call of Chernobyl than far cry? That's good.

The main problem I had with 2033 was the utterly boring and predictable 'defense' sections.
Hell, both games suffer from artificially difficult and forced defense sections. You're stuck in one place with hordes of mutants attacking your position. They're not fun, not original and players have found ways to 'cheat' in all those sections and avoid fighting because they're simply that fucking annoying to go through. The whole game is easy as pie until the devs put you through absurd situations for the sake of making you feel like playing a "hardcore" shooter.

Metro was always scripted linear shit, what the fuck are you on about you double nigger?

OP didnt say it wasnt so what are you on about nigger? Reading comprehension my afro american friend.

Or why the fuck else would you expect a 'proper' Metro? Gas yourself.

Metro is extremely scripted and linear, always has been. If anything people were complaining that the trailer looked too open-world and that the levels wouldn't be linear anymore.

He never said that Metro 2033 was good. He doesn't compare LL or Exodus to an existing Metro game and then asking for of the same you stupid nigger.
He's asking for a proper Metro game that isn't absolute linear and scripted bullshit

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU ASK FOR A GAME IN A SERIES YOU NEVER LIKED?

Because we don't have S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 yet so we want something that can at least somewhat fill our desires to go stalkin. Double posted because I wanted to fix some autismo spelling errors.

Because maybe he actually wants good video games to play?
No need to put on a show just because you outed yourself as a retard who cant understand english.