Please help matter life death

Is there someway to emulate the xbox controller WITHOUT installing a shitty compatibility-breaking driver that I need to uninstall after I've finished playing that particular game?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, it's called get a decent controller, you retarded weeb.

epic

Very epic my friend, too much FRICKING AWESOMENESS!!!!

I just use scpdriver for my dualshock 3. I believe there's a program called DS4windows that does just what you're asking for.
I shouldn't be spoon feeding you. Just use Google next time instead of coming here screaming like a retard who can't even tie his own shoes.

The DS4 is really overrated. Just get a USB 360 pad, seriously. Bluetooth support is a meme and even the USB port on early DS4s were known to be faulty and wear fast

You’re just retarded. Fuck off to 4chan.

forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

The d-pad is a piece of shit.

The D-pad is shit and yet the controller itself is still superior to the DS4 just for support alone

If you use Steam you can use it's native mapping for individual games, or you can use DS4Windows or the more updated Input Mapper.

This, DS4Windows is the only way to go OP.

thank you, if it's just something temporary that I can run in the background for select games that should be ideal

I know but I made this thread precisely because it doesn't work for SOME games

DS4 windows is the one that's asking me to install a driver. Exactly what I'm trying to avoid

One trick you can try for the games that don't work with Steam is to set the Desktop mode for the controller to a 360 pad and launch the game from regular steam instead of big picture mode

I have no idea what you mean. In steam I can only rebind the gamepad to keyboard & mouse controls, not to somehow emulate another controller's input

The only driver ds4windows asks you to install is the x360 controller's, because precisely what ds4windows does is make the PC recognize the ds4 as a x360 pad.

It should offer gamepad options as well, specifically 360 controller inputs as well as whole controller profiles just for 360 style input. It should be in big picture mode under Settings, look for the list of options under Controller one should say Base Configurations. In there should be an option that says "Desktop configuration". If you set your then if you go to "BROWSE CONFIGS" you should be able to set it to the "Gamepad" template under Templates.

nevermind I thought from reading that thread that perhaps it was only an application and not some permanent driver, evidently my reading comprehension sucks

oh okay. thanks both of you, trying the steam one first

I'm retarded. I didn't know steam could already emulate xbox inputs, or at least do something similar to emulating it that's sufficient for the game I'm playing. so now it's solved already
thanks man I don't even need any desktop config workaround I simply needed to re-configure the controls by going into templates. I didn't assume or think that steam already had the capability so this was all pointless. But thanks for making me realize

The DS4 pad is no better. You are deluding yourself if you think it is decent. You have to go generations back to get a controller with a decent one.

You can actually press one direction at a time without it randomly going up or down, so yeah it is better.

There is some kind of miracle at work here for something so retarded to be using a computer

Shills please, its an undeniable fact that all modern controllers dpads are shit. DS4, 360, third party or whatever else their dpads all suck. Just say you prefer the layout or something rather than making up bullshit.

Gimmie those peer-reviewed facts and statistics that undeniably prove that all modern d-pads are exactly the same and objectively terrible.
Microsoft d-pads suck, that is something we agree upon, they actively fuck with your ability to play a game. Meanwhile most other modern d-pads just do enough to get the job done, being not really good but not bad either, also known as decent. I don't know what god-tier d-pad you've used that makes older d-pads out to be just decent, but I'd like to use it.

Old controllers generally ranged decent to great. The fuck kind of shit dpad are you used to that any controller made today is decent? Decent is good, but not perfect. Anything less is shit.

No problem user. Use that desktop work-around for games that don't launch with the Steam UI. Have fun.

Not being retarded would help. Not that you'd be able to pull it off.

No, the dpad is unuseable.

There is this program that makes a DLL file that lets you have any controller emulate an xbox360's controller. I cant remember the name but the one game i couldnt play with a DS4 i just used that.

The only good thing valve's done this decade is add some shonky DS4 support to steam. Try that.

The DS4 d-pad is fine.

Just use Xbox Controller Emulator, ffs, or use a DS4 driver that works with Xinput. Retard.

Not that you should be playing modern games. As far as emulators go, I actually really dig this little devil.

Admittedly the first thing I did was move the RS/LS buttons to the face and put the LT/RT and LB/RB buttons back where they belong. Beyond that, it's a pretty solid little pad, though not cheap.