No plans for Monster Hunter XX at E3

No plans for Monster Hunter XX at E3

twitter.com/SocksyBear/status/874767706716852224
archive.is/jrbN9

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SocksyBear/status/874783837502550017
vjump.shueisha.co.jp/news/n04_20170613_01.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The deja vu I'm getting from this; the last MH I played was FU and the schadenfreude I'm getting is exquisite.

Fuck em! Appeal to series veterans and not a bunch of normalfags!

This is not going to go over well with weebs.

Weeb here, I already played MHXX on my JP N3DS. I don't know why you cucks all keep waiting for another shit-tier English "translation" from Nintendo.

Also MHW sounds worse and worse every new piece of information they reveal.

You can turn off the damage numbers.

I can hope it's because they realize paid online is not going to go well after the past several games had it for free but that's probably an optimistic viewpoint when laziness is a much more likely reason. Not that any of this matters XX was more shitty superpower nonsense and Worlds is sending out warning flares aplenty.

What have they revealed?

twitter.com/SocksyBear/status/874783837502550017

Its been all downhill since 3U.

The trailer with zero gameplay didn't put you off immediately?

wtf there was plenty of gameplay with devs from Capcom present, explaining everything and answering questions

yeah wtf?!

*during the stream i mean, watch the streams Holla Forumsirgins

PC Monster Hunter sounds pretty sweet. Here's hoping they don't trash the game in the process.

Oh no damage numbers on monsters! Guess that means the game is hyper casual now!

You mean like every Monster Hunter trailer?

Kek, what happened to those anons who said this was just a spin off or a standalone? Looks like we will see MonHun get worse, RIP.

Why isn't it called Monster Hunter 5 though?

Hell should I know? Maybe they wanted a better name then Game title #

For the same reason X wasn't

X was a spin off though. Apparently this isn't.

Yeah that's what you fucks said when you claimed it wasn't going to have a G version
All lies

I never made that claim. But I'd say World G is a pretty safe bet considering the current trends.

Where is this stream?

who cares its JRPG cancer anyway.

MonHun has always hidden enemy health from the player, and it really immerses you a lot more. You have an idea if you're close to beating a monster as it starts limping or breathes more raggedly, but you don't know for sure if you can beat it by just blitzing it with attacks.

Because it's made for western audiences, and western audiences are afraid of anything bigger than the number 4.

You can thank Sony for this mess, we could have had a decent home console/portable monhun hybrid with the XX port, but no, we gotta have "muh open world" and damage numbers.

Checked, but blame Capcom. Monster Hunter Worlds isn't an exclusive, it is coming to Xbox, Ps4, and PC.

if the leaks are to be believed Sony were the ones who convinced capcom to bring a mainline Monhun to the western market

Which leaks?

Just found this on some nip site. So I guess a cuckchan user leaked this?

>vjump.shueisha.co.jp/news/n04_20170613_01.html

Monster Hunter is over.

Well I guess thats still something.

Its dogshit. This is casualized dogshit and thats only a symptom of the disease that will plague this garbage game.

Sony throws their money around to try to get exclusivity and generally shit on the industry. They have been responsible for literally every bad practice we suffer from now. Fuck Sony and anyone who supports their shit systems.

this is the real issue, they've spent the last 7 years pushing vanilla mon hun in the west, to moderate sucess with Tri, 4U and Generations, and now all of a sudden Sony convinces them to (((westernize))) the game and to put the XX localization on the back burner. World is gunna fail, and they likely already know this.

maybe you don't get iframes or are slower when you're using a large weapon?
I already know that's not going to be the case

well that's good

How is that bad? That freaking cool

What does Sony got to do MH?

everything else is too complex for the western audience user

see

They want money most likely.

Are you retarded? the game wasn't published by Sony and its on xbone and PC too

You would think Capcom would realize this "westernization" shit doesn't work, but I guess they just love failure

I see very few reasons to be especially worried or especially excited for Worlds, though I am glad that it's making it's way to PC and won't have zones.

None of those were created by a Capcom studio in Japan.

You know as well as I that no one with an xbone will buy a monster hunter game and the people on PC will pirate it.

The only thing that worried me is that how are gonna handle co-op in open world setting. Is it gonna be like DDO where you create a party in your hub world/lobby then venture to the open world or can any player can jump in anytime during your play session like GR:wildlands

If means you don't have to commit to an attack

This is not an excuse to not port a game to PC.

We just don't know. There are incredibly few details and I'm not going to announce the rapture of the franchise based on one community manager's tweets like so many posters here are. I am confident in saying that it will be different, whether that is better or worse, time will tell.

So you like getting locked in an attack animation? Sorry, I like precision in my gameplay.

I know that. I'm just saying that sony will obviously make the most money here.

Precision is fine but part of monster hunter is knowing when to attack or setting yourself up for an attack. If you can do anything you want and quickly get out of it its fucking easy.

They've said it has drop in drop out, specifically using dark souls as an example

Good thing they get rid of it

Choose one.

It's "open world" in the same way that Ocarina of Time was "open world". Seperate areas connected by a central hub.

So you want generic
That infests every game. That is stupid, once you swing a weapon you can just stop instantly. Committing to an attack means choosing when to attack is important.

MH:XX
you didn't play it did you

Can somebody get this hothead out of here?

Not everything has to be a platinum-style action game, user

Git gud faggot.

God is dead and we killed him. The one series I had faith in not being contaminated by western retards has fallen.

We don't deserve anything. I'll import everything again if it means going back.

Luckily the Switch is region free so you can get any future good MonHun from the Jap e-store

Are you stupid? I want the challenge of fighting the monster itself, not struggling with the control. When I press jump, I want want character to jump, not locked by some bullshit animation.

Then be precise with where and when you're aiming an attack, you dumb fuck. Dodge rolling out of whiffed attacks with no chance for the monster to punish your dumb ass for your mistakes will be absolute fucking cancer.

You want challenge but you also want to be a godlike being with mastery over physics and time to be able to avoid any attack no matter what position you've put yourself in. You want a cakewalk, my man. You just want the monster hunter name on a game you play so you can pretend you aren't trash.

1v1 me faggot.

Thank fuck for that, but
Nope, fuck this, I'm working on my backlog.

Hang yourself you turboshitter.

Some other user elaborated in the /mhg/ thread

Capcom tried to appeal to the west with SFV and RE7, it failed. MH4 and MHGEN stuck to what made the series good and are wondering why the west likes the games, so they decided to appeal to the West again, instead of sticking to what worked.

but goy, the monsters only have 250000 hp, that's nothing! You do a whole like 800 damage a hit if you are like fully buffed!

Well, it should because it awesome.

Keep crying about it bitch

At least there are still devs in Capcom that don't want to pander. I hope that good half continue to make good shit.

I wouldn't be so god damn disappointed by MHX/XX if I could hunt normally without all the bullshit lowering the performance because "muh speshil effeks" and, again, a fucking chore for those who aren't mouthbreathers that want to hunt normally, among other issues.

Here's your reply.

What are you smoking

Don't tell me you guys think FPS on console is acceptable? Am I a scrub for using keyboard and mouse instead of controller because it easy? Fucking kill yourself pleb

you've been hitting way too much of the drugged meat

I wish in Tetris you could move positions after your block has landed

Nice strawman. How does a keyboard or controller have to do with whether or not you can roll out of any attack?

Why are you all replying to an obvious shitposter?

Because someone has to answer for all this

Because blood is boiling at the betrayal of a fanbase and he's pulling shit that I've seen people actually fucking think.

But what are you going to accomplish?

we require blood pressure at lethal levels to feel sated

If MH was a tetris, there will be a 10 second delay for your every input

That not a strawman, I'm giving you an example why precision is very important in gaming. If I see an attack coming, I want to be able to dodge it.

Thats the thing. If you're any fucking good at MH you should see that shit coming before you even attack.

If you see an attack coming then you better not be committed to another action. There is a reason you can't dodge out of certain animations. Strong attacks should have drawbacks. That is one of the things that makes monster hunter stand apart from other action games.

Just don't reply to c59665, hide and move on.

So are we just getting stuff on the switch now? I need to be sure that's happening for future titles.

Probably not anymore in the west.

Yeah it should, like slower attack rate, not locked you in an animation

cry more bitch :^)

Gee, I wonder what will happen?

lol

Have you ever been so blinded by console fanboyism that the entirety of your brain just stopped functioning?

Oh boy, here we go.

Best case scenario, its monster hunter with better graphics and a few new gimmicks.

Worst case. "MLG, Farcry, WESTURNU DOGU HATE HARD GAME UU"

That being said it IS being made by there A team and the leaker was wrong about a few things (we do have lobbys after all for example)

Why do I get a feeling that a lot of the backlash towards MHW and what little we know about it comes mostly from Nintendo fanboys butthurt over the bext big entry on the series not being available on the Switch?

Seriously? Damage numbers? You are shitting your pants over that and what little else is known?

Gee, I fucking wonder what could be making people mad.
I'm not supporting Nintendon't either because they're shit too,but I'd rather begrudgingly buy a switch if it meant keeping the series with its integrity.

You people should seriously stop complaining, capcom is going out of it's way to give us gamers this great game and this is how you thank them?
They could have just left the game in Japan only but they went out of their way to give it to us, so show just a bit of appreciation and gratitude!

I agree with you, Capcomâ„¢ really does care about us gamers!

Stop pulling shit out of your ass

Xbots don't exist on this site and PC players can see this game for the dogshit that it is. The only people trying to sell this games as a positive are desperate sonyggers because all they have is bloodborne after many years of the Cuckstation 4.

Alright then you stupid faggot, where the fuck in any of the setup they announced would local work? With that fantastic mobile version for local co-op? Stop being retarded.

Cry more nintenyearsold

Careful with all that NaCl.

Fuck off consolewars faggot

LAN cable you stupid ass

you're probably french.

You do realize you can't animation cancel out of attacks in Souls games, right?

really? feels borderline. Oh well.

Dude got to watch actual gameplay. Some new gameplay in the video too

IT'S DEAD

Why is that specific thing among all the other things the straw that broke the camel's back
Seriously, in what scenario is that something that ruins the game beyond repair?

Autism and cargo cults.

When you gear up for a hunt, it's planning before you're on the field and maybe before you know what's happened. By making it so you can swap gear at the base camp, it takes away the ability to learn.

This shit turns it into

Git Gud

It's an open world game, you bound to came across monster you never intended to hunt. This is not like normal MH game where you know before hand what kind of monster you're facing

And lets get into simple item loadouts and armor, which is specifically built before you go into a quest to have the abilities and tools to accomplish the goal you set out to do. In early quests, the item box at camp will have some of the tools to help you before it eventually is empty and the game is telling you "go prepared or don't go at all, fucker".

By dumbing it down, it's nothing more than a assured free ticket for faggots to sit and shit for 20+ minutes at camp playing "fashion hunter"

You never made it to high rank, did you?

You never made it to high rank, did you?

I did, but you clearly didn't. You think running across a monster you "didn't expect to hunt' is new, when it's been a staple for years.

What a novel concept. It's almost like you could think about doing it before you accept the mission.

I don't get what the problem is.
Is it really that big of a deal that now you don't spend as much time switching from wrong to right gear?
Your "learning" point is stupid, you're still going "Oh I'm getting my ass beat, guess I need to change my gear" with the only difference being that you don't need to leave the mission to do so.

I honestly don't see much of a difference between switching armor back at base camp during a hunt and exiting a quest to change armor. Functionally they're both the same thing, the new method just saves time and lessons load screens/abandons when you'd leave to change armor. The only real difference is committing to your equipment, and the only punishment for not gearing up correctly is abandoning the quest and suffering more load screens, or a longer fight if you decide to go through sub-optimally.

And who knows, maybe the game will be rebalanced in such a way that going back to base camp to switch armor has it's own drawbacks. It's not necessarily a bad thing until we see all the changes that have been made. That being said, it's entirely possible for capcom to have casualized the series once again.

Part of the hunt is getting READY for the hunt; setting yourself up, equipping yourself for backup plans if your first attack plan fails. Not having what you require and quitting/failing the hunt is part of what will force you to play better under threat of said failure. If you don't have the threat of failure, you get sloppy and stop caring.

it's a learning process. By freely having gear changing mid-mission, it means noting; dumbasses.

We have enough trouble with dumbasses wearing no skill clownsuits while wielding longswords and autoguard talismans, and people want MORE of these people to gather into monster hunter?

Like changing your gear? What you're describing is the same thing except you dont have to waste your time dying and go to load screen.

That example doesn't change here, it just means you might waste slightly less time before trying again
People wearing shit armor they chose for the defense rating don't exactly have options they can choose between in the field

Why are you faggots so fucking autistic over nothing, jesus.

That doesn't change my point. The only difference between the two ways of switching gears is the time spent doing it.
You don't have to be slapped with a bunch of loading screens to learn that you're using the wrong gear for a mission.
After people know what gear works for what type of mission, they will naturally learn to properly get ready before a mission.

Monster hunter is becoming more casual.

Fuck you Frontier stop hogging that shit.

You're still learning by changing gear mid-hunt, you just don't suffer the two minute wait. The only real change I can think of that's lost by changing gear mid hunt is that you might not get the same feeling of satisfaction that comes from learning from your mistakes. When you learn to gear up properly and avoid exiting the quest (and the loading screens), you would definitely feel satisfied in that you're learning how the game works.

The questions we should be asking is "Does changing gear mid hunt rob people from the satisfaction of learning from past mistakes", and "Does the punishment of loading screens and wasted time make that level of satisfaction when we succeed greater?". As someone whose played the series for a long time, it doesn't matter to me. The only time I don't have proper gear is when I'm lazy and forget, and then exiting the quest and dealing with loadscreens just becomes a hassle. This change is probably more relevant for new players anyway.

I'm saying it makes it more prevalent by not having an outright punishment for it.
>"Oh I'm not wearing the right gear? Well I'll just hang at camp for the whole match while pretending and change my gear"

Look, one of the things stated was that time limits were being removed. Think about that;

THIS

You don't want tonfas bro, they are seriously the most broken yet half-assed weapon throughout the franchise.

The fact that you know you need to change gear already mean you are learning. The only difference is that you dont have to waste your time fighting a losing battle.

The archaic gameplay that autists attached to is being slightly improved on.

Sue me for it but I don't wanna have at least a time limit set on my hunts. I'm not a busy man but I wanna be able to have fun and kill shit reasonably at my own leisure. The changing gear at camp thing goes both ways but personally I like it as it's less of a headache to worry about. That said, I'm afraid of the game becoming so casual that I won't have any fun with it while there's no extra challenge to it.

It doesn't bother me as long as it is limited to the base camp, but it still annoying. I mean, it's kinda stupid to take ALL your items with you to the mission.

I disagree.

Holy shit.
The horror would be unreal.
Thats what you want to happen?

I can agree on the removal of the time limit, but the gear swapping mid-mission isn't that big of a deal.
If anything is gonna make MonHun into casual garbage, it isn't that.

Christ please no

Hunts are 50 minutes long and a half decent hunter will take out most anything in 15 minutes without much worry, save for high end monsters like rape ape. They are MORE than long enough to fully raid a stage, kill the ambient creatures, pocket the loot, and STILL slay the monster of the mission.

Now I DID like the free hunting you could do in Moga Island where you had infinite time, but it became apparent that with half decent skill, unlimited carts, and unlimited time, you could just go in and be a forever shitter and STILL win.

Time limits are useful because it stops you from being a shitter. If you could just sit in a corner with a bowgun taking normal s shots at a monster all day then what's the point?

Kill it before it gets born.

So I'm curious about MH as a whole. I played God Eater and truth be told I don't see the appeal at all, but nearly everyone's telling me God Eater a shit anyways.

Aye, you get it

Curious about what in particular?

The basis of monster hunter is to learn the art of the boss fight. All proper big game hunts are basically a boss fight. You don't see their HP and so you need to look into it's movement patterns to tell when it's weak. Your attacks have post-movement delays and must be planned. Monsters hit like trucks, so you don't wanna get hit at all and it became a structure of timing.

The games are slow to start but that's because it taught you the basics in the early missions (this shit makes potions better, this shit sharpens your weapons, this shit saves your life). Once you get to your first big game, it's a monster that is pathetic, for all intents and purposes, but it will wreck your shit mercilessly if you go in carelessly.

I STRONGLY suggest getting 3U or 4U if you want to play some monster huntan.

Get 3U if you have a Wii U or 4U if you have a cfw 3DS.

Monster Hunter has been on a slow decline since TRI. You weebs have always been part of the problem, as long as it its "Japany" enough you look past any fucking flaw.

Fucking TRI babies.

I want tonfas, just not that implementation.

Is like you want them to lose profits.

What makes you think the game isn't going to balance itself around these changes?

I don't see how you could balance this since the shit you gather from the ground is already a limited supply.

They could balance it out so it isn't OP but more like a hybrid with significant weaker KO than the hammer and slower than DS.
Just a thought.
I just want more tonfas in video games.

Play Monster Hunter Tri, vanilla or U, I don't care, and unlock the ability to free hunt in moga forest while a monster is loose in it.

You will quickly learn why no time limit is a bad thing.

Its shit.
Dos while it had its flaws had some huge mechanic changes that added a ton but were completely absent after Dos in Tri.

Potions, herbs and mega potions are all limited still aren't they?
So 10 potions, 20 herbs, 5 mega potions, so if you did do that, you would have to stop fighting go craft and while you did that the monster would healed by then.

Assuming monsters still heal when you go fuck off.

The monster HP will probably recover if you decided to ditch it to gather more resources. You think you can just do chip damage and then come back the next day to continue where you left off?

wtf is this casual shit?

Monsters only heal when they reach the point that they fall asleep, which is generally in the limping state. If a monster is eating, hunting ,whatever, they aren't gaining HP.

They would have to completely overhaul the game to handle this.

the twitter guy already said there are going to be different areas, it's the sectors in each area that will be gone.
The only thing that would really fuck this game royally is PvP and microtransactions, while both of those are not in it, it will be good, maybe not the best, but good.

Except Capcom localizes the games

There's a day and night cycle, it would probably affect how the monster react to it

That's complete bullshit who are you trying to full? Monsters have been healing from hunting SINCE THE FIRST ONE, RATHALOS WILL RUN TO GO KILL HERBS TO HEAL.

Holy fuck Tri baby nintendrones everyone.

you don't take CS i guess

is this shitposting, or are really a retard?

Eating restores stamina not health. At least in Tri.

They already said it will be open world and theres no loading screen.

The time and money wasted is punishment for not being prepared for doomsday and/or not adapting to the change in environment. Preperation is a big part of what makes monster hunter, monster hunter.

Play a different game.

So different small opeb worlds?

I'd hope they just removed the loading times between places like Area 1-Area 2 and all that, and still have multiple biomes.

For people yes, but not for monsters.
A rathalos heals by eating, Jho does as well, which is why the tail eating is such a pain in the ass, recovered health and a missed carve.

HEY NIGGER YOU LIKE XX SO MUCH? ENJOY YOUR

HUNTING ARTS THAT ARE GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARDS.

Fuck. I'm so glad I stopped caring after 4U

read this
Literally no different than previous MH game except you dont have to deal with load screen

Basically. Think like "OPEN WORLD JUNGLE, OPEN WORLD DESERT, OPEN WORLD TUNDRA, OPEN WORLD VOLCANO.

At least, it better be like that. They can shit up the game all it wants but they have Rathalos, so they'd better have the Volcano - the other mainstay.

I think everything is connected in one giant map, and probably a hub town in each area so you can fast travel there. Dragon Dogma is pretty huge that's on PS3.

This is going to either troll people who think they're going to get away with this to the extent I think they will, or ruin balance entirely. Also

>KICK FROM PARTY / ABANDON THIS BITCH WHO ONLY TOOK HIS "MAIN" THAT ISN'T .

God no

How the fuck did they think this would even be what people wanted? Did they not learn already after their other westernized attempts failed?

This was made by Capcom inhouse dev. Those "westernize" games like Lost Planet 3 and DmC was outsourced to western developer.

Have you watched the video? the areas are open (meaning no sector 1-12 or shit like that in the old areas) , it's not a single huge world.
It's like witcher 3, you have huge areas, but they are still distinct from each other and have no connection between them.

Having zones meaning its gonna have load screen.

Show me a switch owner that doesnt own a PC.

It doesn't need to be that way
Take a look at Dark Souls, it has zones, but no loading screen between them unless you lordvessel your way.

Ackchually, I disliked X for this very reason (and others) and had no interest in XX. 4U was basically perfect barring some minor gripes about how frenzy functions.

Git Gud. Apex on the other hand..

This is more like Capcom's FFXV

kinda more irritating than anything.
fuck that

I dunno how you jumped from "minor gripes" to "I hate this thing". Though yes, I meant apex more than anything. I welcome the challenge but the arbitrary wystone stuff was pretty annoying. Guess it's my fault for not getting gud enough to hit them without a wystone but Apex Rajang is some PTSD shit.

You mean that game that was worse than 4U?

I'm sure that's why RE5/6 are the highest selling Resident Evil games. Despite the fact that most of the people who played them haven't played the older games. Save it for 4

While on mission there will be no loading screen, that's what he was talking about, of course there will be loading when going/coming to the city/hub.

I can't believe how hard this concept seems to be to grasp for some people.

So you just quit as soon as the game gets rough? Holy shit can you be any more summer?

I'll say this again, Summer, the load screens are part of your punishment for being a shitter. Summer, if you actually gave a fuck about learning the environment, your equipment, and your enemies, then you'd understand why midgame equipment changes are nothing but an insult. You don't have to be an autist who fights everything with iron sword, naked for you to not be a turbo-casual.

are you retarded? thats is the epitome of stupidity

Summer, you should just play a different game. Monster Hunter has been this since day one. It's clear that you need to be safeguarded against failure so you should try something more your speed, like Tomb Raider or The Last of Us.

did they even confirm mid game equip change or are you guys just speculating?
Toukiden 2 is completely open world but it doesn't let you change you equip outside of the city. And this game doesn't even seem like it's gonna be open world anyways.

You can change equipment at a base camp according to the video. Not sure if you can do potions and other shit there too.

Yeah, you can abandon mission and adjust your equipment, what is the problem again with MH:World?

which video? i saw the trailer and the one where they talk with one of the devs, i'm not finding no gameplay footage in youtube.

and yes, that would be a shitty mechanic, it makes the hunt too safe.

Have you even played the game?

see

thanks!

I want my slow threads with occasional autistic fits back.

occasional?
you can talk hard numbers and the GL user will show up out of nowhere to say that the GL actually does more DPS than every weapon combined (in spite of having the slowest clear times bar Horn)

He may be retarded, but maybe the GL doesn't have as many opportunities to make use of its higher DPS? As opposed to other weapons being able to get more hits in more often, despite lower DPS.

the GL has a modified lance moveset, you basically have 0 downtime, the damage is just abysmal

The only shit thing are damage numbers. Let me touch on the complaints I've seen.

-Single maps instead of several tiny sections should have happened ages ago. Screaming "open world!" at regular unified maps is clinically retarded.
-Actually tracking a monster through a map, passing some challenges on the way is better. Having breadcrumbs pointed out to you hampers the fun, but this is somehow worse than aimlessly running from section to section in a map until you hear music and then memorizing the location afterward so you just do some pointless running every time? Yeah, that really sets the tone for tracking a monster in the wild alright.
-Oh no, hunts have no time limit so you can cheese fights! But not really because resources are limited and the monster will have healed by the time you're done getting healing items.
-Oh no, you an conveniently change your weapon without heading back! That means people aren't going to take preparing seriously! Except it's only a circumstantial convenience, because either you let the monster heal or you hamper your team when you go back to switch your gear. It's only making experimentation easier where appropriate.

For all I know there could be serious problems that haven't been revealed yet, but all I've seen so far are kneejerk reactions to general change.

I mean opportunities the monster gives, you can't constantly be hitting it as I would imagine is necessary to make use of the GL.

This is good change. One big map or at least no loading screens to transition areas like the Chinese MMO does is good.
This will be nice if done right. I hope in Worlds they spawn the monster in more than one place. Knowing exactly where to go when I start the mission kinda kills the feeling of hunting a monster. At that point it just becomes a boss rush of the same boss 6 times over while I grind for materials.
I've never had a quest get close to the time limit anyways in the 3,000 some hours I've put into the series. The time limit seems like such an arbitrary feature.
This is okay only if far casters don't exist in this version of the game. Because if they do then there's little penalty for just fucking off back to camp to change your armor and just fucks any semblance of difficulty. However, if the player has to go all the way back to camp and waste 5 minutes going to and fro, then I could see it being okay because of the dilemma it proposes for the player who wants to change gear.

actually quests will have time it seems, at least some of them, the purple beard guy on twitter confirmed it.

What if:

Wanna know how I know you wanna be bullied, nerd?

I left that open and it was interpreted wrong.
Original style is along the gameplay being how it was specifically before Capcom went "Lets go for a western styled approach" with MH World.

Not implying full EZ mode styles of X and XX which was a spin off to get more casual players into MH so they could get carried to the end because pressing B for evasion+9 is still too hard for most plebs was ANYWHERE NEAR ORIGINAL STYLE.

Insert MH instead of santa in pic related

Nope, Lance has roughly the same openings and has the highest damage in X/XX. It's just that GL is bad

Isn't it being made with mt framework though?

I've seen people saying it's running on the same engine as Dragons Dogma. So that would be a yes.
Not to say being able to run Dragon's Dogma is comparable to being able to run MHW however.