PS3 General

What is the easiest/best way to mod a PS3 to pirate games. I don't want to spend 200+ dollars on a bunch of mediocre shovelware that looks fun for ten minutes on PSN and fuck buying disks.

How about 360? Hardmods still needed?

Well, you'd first either need a PS3 at 3.55 OFW or lower, or that is capable of being flashed back (a flasher being another expense) to 3.55. Anything after that point can't use CFW. Some of the later systems are incapable of being flashed back to 3.55 because they never have that low a firmware on them to begin with. I think Wololo should have more details on what's required and how to do it, but I might be wrong.

One more thing.

I don't know where you got your advice from, but someone is trying to ruse you OP. There's far better games than that available.

Yeah, but that's not really my problem. I have a console that is at this firmware, but I'm asking which particular application I would need to be able to pirate PSN games. I'm currently aware of CFW and Cobra/REBUG. Is one of these what is required?

To my knowledge both of those are older images from cuckchan. Especially since the likes of Yakuza 5, etc are still listed as "upcoming".

Someone will inevitable come in here and link the 4.81 """""jailbreak.""""" I should not have to tell you that it is false, and anybody perpetuating it as true must be quickly and swiftly ignored. The only way to apply CFW to a PS3, is via 3.55 or below firmware, OR hard mods. THAT IS IT.

Fixed up the image for accuracy.

Doesn't 4.81 break it?

Now that the PS3 is "Officially about to die" according to sony, the list needs to be updated so trash like the Witch and the Hundred Knight and Ar No Surge are removed.

Can't have people running around with bad information on their hands.

The PS3 is already dead, Persona 5 marked its death and it went out of production this year as well. Post what to remove/add in the first pic in OP since I still have the .psd for it.

Why is it that PS3 is still special case pirateable while Nintendo consoles and PS4 are so easily jailbraked?

P5 is literally the PS3's Swan Song. too bad the remake won't be coming to it, but then again 4Golden didn't come to the PS2 either.

what an amazing way to go. rest in piece champ, you earned it.

This is news to me. What's the deal?

Also PS3 was broken severely early in its life due to grade schooler security screw-ups on par with the original XBOX, but somehow they were able to put it back together again. Nintendo are just hilariously incompetent, it'll be fun to see what happens to the Switch.

the ps4 isn't cracked yet.

i think he typo'd

I'm using this list to get some used exclusives. I got dragon's crown, catherine, MGS4, the last of us, asura's wrath, ni no kuni, majin & the forsaken kingdom.

Now Heavenly Sword: worth 7$? It was expected to be a killer application, but people complained it was short and shallow.

Wait until there is a big sale and then load up on games.
Yakuza 3 is a physical only game, so if you can get that for sure, along with the other 2 games.
If you are looking for a decent multiplayer game go for Warhawk.

PS4 does have some unreleased exploits but nothing major yet that allows for full system control.

garbage. gameplay is a movie and ending is DLC.
boring as fuck, i hope you enjoy 500+ grinding hours
good game, totally overlooked by the public though, same developer as…
another diamond in the rough by game republic, a defunct company.
i guess if you want to lose an afternoon or two… its SJW shit, just remember that.

try out White Knight Chronicles 2 2 is actually the complete version of 1, so don't bother with 1, just play 2 straight, it contains all of 1 and the continuation

WKC was a really good game for me, but the "true ending" was a massive tiered dungeon that you could only really beat through online. basically you make your own custom character at the beginning, and play the story of Leonard, a side character, when that ends, the story of YOUR character begins, but can't really be finished without some serious haxx because the ultimate dungeon was meant to be beaten in parties of 6 players online.

even then, the main story of Leonard and the knights is pretty damn good. worth a full playthrough.

Nigger, you'd better have a Vita somewhere to at least play Malicious

We're getting closer to a crack though. Apparently there's one in the works for the second-most recent firmware.

DO NOT LISTEN TO WHAT THIS user SAYS
Even though WKC2 is "Complete" it's still just a fucking cock tease of what they could have made.
FOR EXAMPLE THE TRUE FINAL DUNGEON IS ONLINE ONLY AND NOW CAN'T BE DONE BECAUSE WKC2's ONLINE DIED A YEAR AFTER IT CAME OUT.
Well you can still try to do, but it was very clearly intended to be done by a 8 player party.
if you for some reason care about cosmetics, all of the game's DLC was removed from the PSN store. That means that you can not recustomize your character after starting a new game a character customization pass was fucking $10. The balance on WKC2 was fucked up beyond repair too, for example spears used to be one of the best weapons on WKC1, but now it was turned with one of the slowest weapons with a horrible DPS.
Then there's also the fact that the story is incomplete. At the very end, characters die for no reason, the world map is still so empty Kara doesn't get the black knight back, were they too lazy to make a playable version of it? and to top it all of the free DLC that let your character, yes, (you) have a whole chapter where they're the MC was not brought over to the US version. That means you will forever be cucked of the MC role by Leonard.
Don't get me wrong, the game itself looks pretty and music is great, but there was so much they could have done to flesh it out and actually finish it, but it was ruined by console limitations and the entire online component that died within a year.

Do yourself a favor and go play Rouge Galaxy instead.

Back to cuckchan with you.

also rogue galaxy is a PS2 game, he asked specifically for PS3 games. and RG in PS3 will run obligatorily at 30 FPS hence being shit.

are you mentally retarded by chance?

What a cute boy

Is there some reason later firmwares can't be hacked? Won't someone eventually find a way to hack newer firmware?

The good stuff never goes on sale in my area: the bargain bin is filled with sport games, the rest you need to spit at least 20$ for. I guess I'm a little late for PSN plus for PS3, at this point.

I've seen some

i like studio ghibli art as much as anybody, but the game is boring as fuck. the battles are slow, and the grind eternal.

Grinding is an issue with the entire genre, you probably just notice it with games you don't like. Sperging about Studio Ghibli probably sounded better in your head.

They fixed the exploits and not enough interest in doing it for newer firmware.

what genre exactly?

the grind in ni no kuni is soul draining and boring as fuck. the grinding in a game like persona or SMT is not.

Fucking RIP. I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong, but one ribbon had a piece fall off. I'm assuming this is the problem. I might just have to worry about it later.

Anyway, second opinions on Way of the Samurai 3? I'm trying to figure out whether I should pick it up on PS3 or 360.