Fallout 4

Can it possibly get worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8621/?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublethink
youtube.com/watch?v=xAYI4Vt7GeQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's only just begun

I imagine this shit is going to be pretty pricey.

so how much for credits in this abomination?

Is there a company worse than Bethesda, EA isn't as bad as this because they started ditching season passes and shit.

Anyone know where I can download that damn Better Stores mod v1.3.5? Nexus fucking took it down and I need it to play this pile of crap and finish my Sanctuary City to satisfy my immense autism.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8621/?

Are these paid mods?

This looks more like a drug addiction that a video game.

Yes. You buy them using credit points or some shit.

This reminds me of the South Park episode where this mayor of a town had to vote for or against gay marriage. His plan was to call it butt buddy instead of husband and husband. Marriage was instead called butt buddied.

Bethesda is doing exactly the same. Instead of Money or dollarydoos it will be now called "credits".

Jesus fucking christ the problems we had years ago seem like such a joke compared to this crap. The ride never ends.

Bethesda is doing way worse shit than that though. Blatantly censoring steam reviews. Go see ESO Morrowind. They are also bullying other studios and paying youtubers/redditfags to attack their competitors whilst shilling and apologising for Bethesda's bullshit.

Easily the most hostile publisher in the industry. Hope they fucking burn soon.

Fallout 4 is one of the few pro-Aryan games in existence.

Yes but now Bethesda has to approve of them before selling.

They're rubbing our faces in it.

At least this probably means Steam told Bethesda and Zenimax to shove it regarding paid mods.

No, they just realized paid mods were a no-go on PC, yet knew that consolefags would eat it up, which they are currently doing.

More like Bethesda misdirected the blame and made everyone forget both sides were at fault for this.

There's crab armour as well.

Even if they didn't eat it up, what the fuck are they going to do? Pirate mods? Make their own? The only reason why you invite someone into a walled garden is that they have nowhere to run when you start to rape them mercilessly.

What are they going to do? Go without? Hah.

One visible review, even though the page says there should be four.
wew

I can see all 5 reviews. Though I had to click on show all langauge. Makes sense though.

Yeah, I see it now. Still, only 5 reviews for an expansion with such a prestigious name? They're either deleting reviews or nobody's playing. The latter wouldn't surprise me at all.
It boggles the mind. Has everyone gone insane on new year's eve? I swear to God, things were nowhere near as crazy in 2016. Chaos seeps through every crack, it seems.

Bethesda is washing their hands of such accusations with pic related, but who is going to make something free when you can make money from it?

Call me superstitious but it makes sense how everything is going to shit considering that we live in the time of Kali Yuga. Or maybe the subliminal programming to be a shit eating retard is slowly beginning to work. Who knows.

From what i'm reading i'll give this a month, two tops before they have to shut it down.

Why pay for what is essentially polished mods when you can get free, if a bit unpolished(and can normally be worked around simply by changing the order) mods. They didn't think this through. MAYBE it will last if they bundle a bunch of their polished mods into large DLCs and sell them that way, but separate parts? Not a chance.

Won't even be that. What will happen is like most mods, they use some asset whether it's a texture, soundfile, or even model from another IP and try to implement it in game. That's actually fine as long as you are not trying to make a profit from it, hell some IP holders actually encourage modders to make use of their assets. What makes them come down like a ton of bricks flinging lawsuits like no tomorrow is if you are actively trying to profit from someone else's IP and sell it as your own. Now with paid mods it's not a question of if someone gets sued but when, cause I guarantee you some lazy ass modder will use assets from another game for their mod and try to sell it off as their own work. I am pretty sure Zenimax will do a complete 180 on paid mods when they get sued by someone like Activision or EA.

And that's before you even get to the shitshow that is Fallout/Elder Scrolls modding which requires you to often use a dozen different mods just to get a mod working. Content creators will be suing each other left right and centre

Technically bethesda covers their ass with the whole "We own everything in the creation kit" thing for being sued by content creators and theoretically because they have to vet everything that goes into the store they'll catch anything that breaks copyright. That being said, this could easily kill the modding community, as free modders begin to horde their own mods for fear of them getting stolen.

Like how Bethesda catches bugs?

Last time I heard that no longer applies so Zenimax doesn't have to deal with that shit when the sueing starts. Stupid move because now they will have to get involved. They actually fucking jewed themselves.

An interesting thing to think about is what happens when people start uploading the paid mods on the nexus and it becomes technically piracy?

Or when someone makes a mod similar to the paid mod because they dont wanna pay shit for a mod? Will bethesda force it to be taken down? Will they go after the nexus?

How long before bethesda goes for the nexus? In a world where modders are now their bread and butter, and bethesda are as scummy as they are, would anyone be surprised if they try to take the nexus down for hosting their potential revenue? Man, everything about this screams clusterfuck.

They will give an ultimatum, either the owner moderates this shit or they will SHUT IT DOWN. Apparently the owner of Nexus doesn't want to deal at all with this legal bullshit.
I'm guessing it will all go to some obscure jap site or Loverslab.

I don't want to use Bethesda.net but they have a few exclusive mods on there I want. Has anyone released that shit on other sites or as torrents? Some still aren't available on nexus.

You missed the paragraph where you're told to BUY CREDITS

Yeah, probably. This is gonna be the death of the massive modding scene in elder scrolls games. Sure there will still be reskins and the odd armor mod, but the big community shit and the massive mods that make use of everyone elses as dependencies that leads to things like xpmse and hdt pyschics and other amazing stuff is probably gonna be gone for good.

Best part is all the big youtubers are fully in favor of this. Even mxr is going "yeah guys this is great!' Makes me wonder how many more times he's gonna get sued by a modder for showing their mod on his channel now that theyre making cash too. Especially if he shows a quest mod.

Shit, what happens if people go to lets players to see quest mods to save money? We're going to live in a time when people watch lets players play fallout 4 quest mods to save money.

I don't see people buying this, at least not on PC. Console fags probably will but I think even they will tire of it, especially if the free mods are of comparable quality.

Hope it was worth it, Pete Hines.

Ubisoft is significantly worse, as all of their new releases, even when purchased on Steam, must be played through Uplay. They literally put DRM in their DRM.

EA is worse for pioneering nearly every popular anti-consumer practice in the industry.

They claim they're going to test the things, but if they test them as well as they test their games I fully expect one of these mods to start bricking consoles pretty early on.

Nope, not anymore

I have no illusions about what this program is, I just capped the part where they tried to rationalize why this isn't a paid mods program.

ah, "good" old times…

When Bethesda forces you to install yet another DRM platform to even play their games, then we can say they're perhaps reaching the level of kikery going on at EA/Jewbisoft.

Denuvo you fucking bitch

Denuvo isn't a completely separate platform that must also be running in the background if you purchase the game.

I still think people will create stuff they like but because of this they will be isolated from other mods, people wont add or modify other mods. It will basically destroy the community and there will only be isolated modders who still do it for the fun of it.
Of course this can all be easy prevented by boycotting Bethesda and thankfully people are dropping Bethesda like mad. I've actively been shilling against Bethesda for some time now because I actually want a good game out of them and deep down in my naive heart I believe they can, Todd that is. I think his the innocent incompetent idiot here who need a nudge in the right direction, maybe its the memes. But apparently a legion of goon Youtubers and "its not gay if the balls don't touch" isn't working for the corporate cunts.
webm related

Sounds more like micro DLC than mods. Probably Bethesda started reaching and hiring good modders to make quality controlled content. I don't know, it may increase the productivity and craftmanship of the modders if Beth themselves will supervise the modders. The we'll see.

Really?
Bethesda creative control is a fucking burden.

LET THE JEWING BEGIN!

You already know the answer, yet you still ask.

Actually, the problem with Bethesda Game Studios is it's xenophobic hiring policy. The old incompetent guys stay while newcomers are scarce. This insourcing practice may fix it.

user, these people won't be hired. These people will be contracted to make a low tier mod that they can sell. You are getting microtransactions in a fcuking singleplayer game. This is the slippery slope.

Checked

I can see it working if the average cost for a little mod is pennies. You also underestimate people wanting approved, official seal of quality on the stuff they have on the game. Beth saying that they will overview, personally test and only okay the best mods is a selling point bigger than the mods. They are selling convenience and official approval, the mods themselves are just a vehicle. And Beth's audience loves this and will lap it up.

Think about someone who might have said that in the year 2007.
The answer is of course yes, every day we tread closer and closer to the abyss, and there is no escape, our fate is unavoidable, death and misery await us all.

what the fuck were they thinking, if anything this makes it much less likely to be accepted

And as a side thought, there is one tangible benefit to this system- as a modder, it is possible that your work can be considered Canon in the game universe. Imagine you come out with an excellent story mod, Beth gives it their official stamp and can later confirm that your original story and characters are officially part of the lore. As a matter of fact they might be banking on this, especially after it was demonstrated pretty conclusively that they ripped Autumn Leaves off. This way the modder gets paid and their are no legal issues, you probably have to sign away your rights to the contract to participate in CC.

It this is so people will flood it with kirk bullshittery and nothing will happend of it because Bethesda hates kirk.

Oh, you're talking about skyrimjob. I didn't have TES on my mind, the Fallout community is super autistic with lore and that was what my thoughts are based on.

Doublethink is real.

meh they will ignore something that people put effort in and make shit like pants down retarded lalaland nuka wolrd shit cannon

Not if it makes them money. They were more than willing to rip off an excellent New Vegas mod and turn it into Far Harbor because they were creatively bankrupt and knew it. Even had a bunch of anti-Beth purists say they were shocked how much better FH was than their usual writing - until it turned out that they actually didn't write it.

Fucking retards. We want substantial DLCs not fucking paid mods.

The good thing about Bethesda's modding tool is it obscures the line between community made mods and company developed expansion packs. Or bad thing, you decide.

Its called cognitive dissonance

I know.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublethink

My guess is a lot of these youtubers were paid off. Bethesda knew full well how much of a clusterfuck paid modding would be and are trying to control the narrative. Thankfully bethesda is shit at everything they do and it's all going to hell really fucking fast.

What im most curious about is whether or not this paid modding extends to regular skyrim or just Skyrim SE & Fallout 4 as Skyrim reg is the far more advanced version and could keep on while ignoring the shitshow that is SE and Fallout 4.

This. Fucking this.

There HAS to be a way to fuck with the company with this. They can't just be allowed to get away with this.

We need an user who can at least shit out a few mods to get in and put in a few honeypot mods to cause shitloads of controversy.

Wasn't there some way to set up mods so that they brick consoles? Would there be a way to sneak that into the game that would get by Bethesda?

You forgot your ashes and echoes buddy

Problem with that, is by going through Bethesda system, you are putting yourself up for legal recourse. If you set up a mod to brick consoles, there will be a paper trail leading back to you and your actions, putting all liability on you. You're not just some random user on the internet who can claim that mileage may vary or something like that, you're going through a system with a quality control mechanism, which means that you can therefore demonstrate intent.

Screencapped. Sending this to Pete right now, won't let you evil goobergaber destroy this amazing opportunity.

Yes. Everything always gets worse, its literally one of the laws of physics. Everything tends toward entropy.

youtube.com/watch?v=xAYI4Vt7GeQ 4:17

PH isn't bethesda, hes just their salesman.

He's the VP, he gotta give some inputs based on "market research".

STAHP

Yeah I don't really understand why you would buy any of these mods. A lot of them just seem to be stuff you can grab from the nexus.

Unless they have modders who are pumping out DLC type mods that have new lands, weapons, characters and armor then there's no reason to purchase any of it.

It's both in-house and 3rd party DLC, which is essentially the same thing as paid mods.

Let me go on an autistic essay length post about paid mods.

I'll start by saying that no. I am against paid mods in it's current or intended form. I do not believe it will be sustainable nor do I think it's ethically right. However I will defend the modder's right to do whatever they want with their mods if they want as it's their content and they have ownership and/or the author of such work. Doesn't mean I am against pirating it because I would too out of protest. What do I mean by this? We aren't entitled to their mod however if they choose to completely fuck over everyone that's entirely on them and they will have to deal with the backlash. Now, I'll move away from the more subjective bullshit since my opinion isn't as important as my ideas.

I will start by admitting that I believe the Creation club is a step forward of doing paid community content well. However trusting Bethesda and Zenimax of all companies to do this kind of shit well is of course not going to happen. Before I get shitposted to death for even remotely thinking about it, allow me to explain. Shit like Creation club or doing any sort of system for selling community created content is the worst way to do it. As we have seen, the quality is abysmal when we had our last bout with paid mods in the Steam workshop and of course the very obvious amounts of niggers reuploading preexisting mods to be sold. I know shit like that is being heavily moderated this time around however that comes to the second issue with the Creation club. It's the value you get out of these mods. Horse armor mod or just simple armor, weapon, furniture or that kind of shit is just not worth the price they're usually listed as and from what I've seen of that trailer a lot of it is also immersion/lore breaking. Paying 99c for a shitty power armor cosmetic mod is still shit because no one is going to buy that shit unless you're some gigantic fucking faggot who loves to devour shit. However there is one idea I do believe will supply good community made content while also being worth the purchase.

Modder created DLC. Let's say we live in a dream land where Bethesda aren't complete kikes and allow a modder/team of modders who has proven themselves in the past to be really great at creating content of Fallout 4 to work with them. Bethesda basically hands them all the assistance, advise them on anything and help them with maybe changing the source code a bit to allow them what they need while the modders just work on whatever the fuck they need to get the DLC done. As soon as it's finished Bethesda does some Q&A lol and they push it out for $15. The consumers will get a (hopefully) good enough DLC to justify their purchase, Bethesda gets a bit of money and the modders get a bit as well. Bethesda isn't exactly a great example to use since they would never in a million years allow any of this shit to happen and they will probably completely fuck over the modders but it's what I'm working with here. There's also the problem of publishers and the usual cancer of the gaming industry getting in the way so it's really a utopian ideal for a lot of game studios. I would prefer if they release it for free as the current practice of DLC is a topic for another time, but I see it as the best way to do this shit while still remaining somewhat ethical and reasonable.

However, there has been two instances of something similar happening that I can think of. First example is Long War 2. For anyone who doesn't know, Long War 1 was a very significant mod for nuCOM and was probably the only significant mod for nuCOM since the game was originally not mod friendly in the slightest. Firaxis acknowledged this and were (rightfully) BTFO of creating a decent game and decided to commission the same team of modders to make LW2. They helped with providing any assistance with the development of the mod, 2K helped with the localization for various countries and they even promoted it. While Firaxis/2K's aim were to encourage more modding and to push sales for the LW1 fans, it was a impressive set of changes to the game and was effectively an expansion to the game. The other instance of this was with TF2's community updates however they weren't as significant and the only one I can remember was that shitty SFM short update so I can't really comment on that as much. If you faggots have any other examples please do share.

What I'm trying to present to all you autistic faggots that will probably haven't read until here before calling me a faggot, shill or whatever is that there is a way to do paid community decently. It's just are developers willing to not be complete kikes and work with their customers. Modders might even be hired by the company if they do a good enough job and that will give those modders a job which I'm sure a lot of them probably don't have one.

tl;dr You're a faggot but I love you.

i think bethesda is worse than ubi. i mean, if you're dumb enough to pay for a ubi game a second layer of DRM is really the least of your issues. you're right about EA though; basically if it's something disgusting that absolutely shits all over consumers it's a safe bet that EA not only pioneered it but also pushed it hard enough for it be "accepted"

>>>/cuckchan/

you dumb fuck, that's how it's always worked. a tremendous number of the actual talented developers behind mods already get hired on if the shit they make is actually good. if you were old enough you'd know that DICE got their start by making desert combat for BF1942, a mod that was so widely loved by literally everyone that EA knew they were onto something and flat out hired them to make their battlefield games for them. counterstrike used to be a free mod and again, valve saw the writing on the wall and bought those guys. those are only two examples and there are tons more

paid mods are a failure in every respect because it should be free, it should be a labor of love and it should be essentially a test. if there's a genuinely great mod out there - desert combat for example - i wouldn't have or have had a problem paying a couple bucks for it, but who's going to moderate the content on their mod store? the community? we're talking about the people who unironically love fallout 4 so i wouldn't trust them to moderate a ham sandwich. bethesda? they're the company who's clearly just hungry for shekels so i wouldn't trust them at all, period. bethesda putting a dollar amount on mods means three things:

1: people are going to start pumping out monetized lowest-common-denominator mods in even larger quantities because now there's money in it. not that they don't now, but they've always been quarantined to the audience they're making the mod for
2: it's going to fragment the modding community, and some of the best modmakers are likely going to remove all their free mods and start exclusively offering them for money. not that they shouldn't be rewarded for their good work but it should be a choice. this already happened with steam two years ago; a tremendous number of mods on the nexus flat-out disappeared because the modder wanted to exclusively release them on steam's shekel plaform
3: fuck you

To be honest, mods are usually tacky. Ao tacky I disintal them right after seeing what they do ingame. If bethesda themselves put some men to curate mods, making them look like part of vanilla, that's pretty neat.

It doesn't happen all that much these days due to either developers becoming more anal about hiring anyone creative or whatever pedantic reason. I wish there was more of that but I don't see that happening all that much. Although I will admit, I completely forgot about Valve's entire catalog of taking mods and turning them into their own games. No idea how I completely forgot about that and should be bullied for all eternity for that fuck up. I even mentioned TF2 and didn't think of TF itself. As I said, those were the only two examples that I had thought of off the top of my head. I agree that I don't trust Bethesda or their community (or any community for that matter) to distinguish the decent/good mods from le ebin immersion breaking cosmetic.

I, for one, must congratulate Bethesda on making mods pirateable.

There was one Skyrim reviewer who called it out for being more addictive than fun, they were downvoted by the normalfags and ignored for being entirely correct.