NINTENDO CALM THE FUCK DOWN

NOT ONE, BUT TWO METROID GAMES! ONE A PRIME, AND ONE A 2D GAME!

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.org/r/cc33r6qc
reddit.com/r/AM2R/comments/6er1vh/version_129_minor_change
just
tv
archive.fo/MvGO5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this is pathetic

Not really hyped man.

Already made a thread and Metroid 2 R looks like shit and ia made by the Lords of Shadows devs and Prime 4 is not made by Retro.

Its all shit, delete this duplicate thread.

Nintendofags will spam even more about their original ips now.

Only nintentards see this as a good thing

god i love the same 6 IPs for 30 years

just a reminder that when sega was in dire straits they produced their best games of all time by creating literally dozens of new IPs to house new inventive types of game play all while continuing to produce short running series that perfected the type of game play they delivered while nintendo has been making the same games for t h i r t y y e a r s despite the shitty strategy sinking the wii u

the wrong company died

They killed AM2R for this.

Why did Nintendo hire them?

FTFY. AM2R still lives on the hard drives of many a true Metroid fan

Clearly it did well for them

NINTENDOMINATION
THE YEAR OF SAMUS

AM2R will be better

Butthurt sonyggers inc.

Ridley the best

Also, they got amiibo's for it as well. I think the only reason they make games is to mainly sell amiibo's now instead of it being for the game.

Microsoft won E3 tbh fam

I'm getting cuhrayzee vibes and I like

Prime 4 isn't being made by Retro, already confirmed.

Metorid 2 Remake not only looks like ass and is locked to 30 FPS, also dips way below 30 FPS is made by the people behind Lords of Shadow cancer, specifically Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate for 3DS, in fact it has EXACT SAME Slowmotion-Block-Counter mechanic as Mirror of Fate and identical performance problems.

I'm sorry but I'd rather Metroid stay dead than come back like this.
Also AM2R is flat out objectively superior to this.

Nintendo won, anyone who says otherwise is a contrarian faggot with no taste.

I sure love me marios and metroids :)))))))

Better to burn out than fade away, faggot.

It looks like dogshit

LMAO

ENJOYING BLOODBORNE STILL?

FUCK OFF YOU DUMB FAGGOTS GO BACK TO CUCKCHAN WITH YOUR SHITTY CONSOLE

Fukken dropped

Too bad both games will be made by shitty western developers.

You know 2D Metroid was never made by Retro?

Mustard here, these Metroids suck ass due to the devs behind it, they're not cinematic fucking garbage ala Sony, but still pretty bad.

Prime 4 is not made by Retro nigger

I'd prefer pretty 2d to subpar 3d.
I'd like something Fusion/Zero Mission esque but with 3ds capabilities

says the fag that can only afford one console and thinks everything Nintendo does is fantastic……just as delusional as an sjw.

so Holla Forums should be a nintendrone hivemind like gamefags?

Sprite based games are dead user

Absolutely. It's a goddamn shame they got a dev with a known track record for failure working on it and they've got ugly as shit low poly 3D graphics instead of glorious 2D to pour salt in the wound just in case that wasn't bad enough.

It looks like a low-budget 2001 PS2 game, that is probably my main complaint. They could have gone with a more stylized look like cel-shading but instead we get this XBLA tier title. Nintendrones will eat this shit up.

They already eating this shitty game.
Just look at the other Metroid thread.

They literally showed her in her Zero Suit in the stream and she looked as she did in the past. Calm your autism.

Too true, Holla Forums keeps shitting on console shooters unless they are made by based Nintendo.

why does the gameplay look so choppy? it looks like the bullets dont even connect to the enemy. i thought something was wrong with my browser but i saved the file locally and played it.

i hope thats just a development problem, but how could something like "no bullet impact" make it into a trailer?

Considering he's trying to fear-monger about le epin SJWs in the first place I think the only way to calm his autism is with a report, mate.

people will of course argue
but that's been said for 20+ years now

It looks like outsourced shit

tubes thread?

Because it is, same guys who did the Lord of Shadows XBLA game.

Fuck Nintendo. Have AM2R Holla Forums.
volafile.org/r/cc33r6qc

I wish AM2R would get a core port to Retroarch so then I would be able to play it anywhere.

Much appreciated

Nigger you have no taste. I may be a Nintendo fan but I'm not going to go blindly balls deep on a development team that makes shit.

tubes thread

That is version 1.0, there is also an official 1.1 and an unofficial 1.2.9 from Reddit.

Huh. I'll guess I know what I'm downloading later.

Bringing up paid online makes no sense here, you dumbass. 3DS doesn't have it, and why would you want online in a Metroid Prime game?

Nintendo announces the same shit they've been announcing for the last 7 years, excluding Zelda because they just dropped one and everyone is chimping out?

This was literally E3 2015, repackaged for E3 2017. Go ahead and call me a Sonyfag. I'm pissed that they didn't announce anything else.

Fuck this shit. Call me when the Switch has CFW.

No you're right. I love Nintendo too, but this feels like a slap in the face.

link please as I don't visit that shithole

No user.
They should just sell the Fatal Frame shares back to Sony, at least they handled the series better than Nintendo.
I'm still angry how Nintendo handled the past Fatal Frame games.

Official 1.1 is very good, the redditor who made 1.2 is actually pretty skilled and did a lot of bugfixes, audio errors, gameplay improvements and added quite a number of futures. If you google AM2R reddit you should find it immediately. Download it and get out, the rest of the reddit is absolute cancer.

Kirby looks fun - but it looks like Robobot. And Triple deluxe. And return to dreamland. And that's what is bothering me. Yoshi looks weird, but might be a decently comfy game. Don't care so much for the rest, maybe Mario will have something new in story.

FALCON KICK MYSELF IN THE FACE

Google is your friend.

reddit.com/r/AM2R/comments/6er1vh/version_129_minor_change

I would play it if they didnt combine mario with possibly the worse franchise in gaming.

Yeah cause he somehow got his hands on the game's source code

nigger, do you primarily play games on IOS? might as well be excited for a waluigi/angry birds crossover.

It was just a decompile of the executable. It's just a game maker game, nothing that complex.

It looks like fucking dog shit.

I'm fully expecting shit like no wall jumping, speed boosting limited to specific areas, and cinematic cutscenes happening each time you break a missile block, or some shit.

Oh no.

No, it's not.

The shooting looks casual as fuck imo

he used google to find a reddit link. why even respond?

As for Metroid, I am very, VERY hesitant about Samus Returns. (Metroid: SR, does that work?) The game itself looks quite good, until I saw the machine gun and the weird counter mechanic. It is not exactly what I expect from a Metroid game, but hey, new features are always welcome for testing. If you can play though the game without using them, I wouldn't care so much. Still, Nintendo are MASSIVE dickwads for shutting down AM2R, but I can now understandu why Nintendo DMCA'ed the poor fucker. Absolutely doesn't forgive them though, but SR might be a nice change from the ordinary formula. Another thing I don't like as much is the fact that it is on 3DS, but emulation will have its solutions.

Dubsman giving the answers.

TUUUUUUUUUUUUUBES

Checking those sexy double dubs, but do we know who's developing Prime 4 yet? If it really isn't Retro I'm pretty hesitant.

Thanks for proving that retarded statement true.
That game shows exactly what is wrong with Nintendo these days.

They don't really know who their audience is but that's not a problem due to the undying brand loyality people have.

I made the mistake of buying that fucking game used on the 3DS. I didn't even play it until my day off from work, thankfully, I still had another day to return it.

That sounds pretty neat actually. But if it was a real thing there's a good chance it would be stupid.

I'm still salty about New Super Mario Bros 2.
A game dedicated to collecting fucking coins– and Wario is nowhere to be seen.
I'll say it again. Nintendo does not know their die hards. They shit out what they think will keep you complacent until the next go round.

And this of course. This will be the worst aspect. But, it's not out yet so I do not know what we can expect.

I am still expecting the worst though, sad to see a good concept die this way

Apparently not Retro.

Apparently its a new studio lead by Tanabe.

Who the fuck is making Metroid Prime 4?
What the fuck is Retro doing?

SUPERSTAR SAGA REMAKE?
Nintendo you need to stop

It's at least good to know someone who worked on the three prime games is in there, but colour me really skeptical that the same guy that called to remove sequence breaking from Prime 3 is heading the dev team. I pray to what ever god is out there that Tanabe learned his lesson.

Is there a limit to the Nintendo cum you'll swallow until you stop being such a mindless fanboy?

Why the fuck isn't Retro working on it?

A very good looking one to boot. The best part: No Starlow

Because the people that left retro made recore and nintendo realized that something must have been killing retro from the inside. Best to just take them out back.

They're busy with 3D Donkey Kong.

Thats definitely not happening. I did like donkey kong 64 back in the day though

Even better too
Superstar Saga had skippable tutoriels

What something? Long working hours? A ton of Crunch?

NOW FOR PRIME 4 FAGGOTS
What can we expect? First, what would happen if they went full Retro-studio/Super Metroid, if I dare say, and actually build a Metroid game true to the original series, lore, gameplay and mechanics? It could work pretty good, and with new hardware possibilities, I think a new, optimized game could actually be somewhat possible.

Now for the worst case scenario: THE BABY THE BABY AUTHORIZE THE BABY or more precise: Other M Prime 4. Mirror of fate devs, talking Samus again, shitty mechanics and misery in general. Now likely could this be? After the disaster that was called Other M, would Nintendo actually control and keep a tight eye on Prime 4? I hope not. Lore being sliced and diced again, horrible combat again, linear as fuck, Other M save stations, everything. I could post the screencaps from the user who wrote an amazing summary of everything wrong with that game.

THINGS THAT HAPPEN BUT SHOULDN'T
> memes

Also do you have the entry of the Space Pirate Morph Ball experiment?

THIS IS THE MOST PAINFUL, TRUTHFUL, SIMPLEST MOST CONDESCED ANSWER TO EVER EXIST. THIS IS THE PROBLEM.

Living in hipster central in texas does things to you user.

Also, what the fuck is happening in the Metroid Prime 4 thread?

Ah, allright, I kinda get it.

I guess the only sane people are in the gif. Haha. That's what was going on in my mind when I saw MP4.

Why didn't nintendo just hire the AM2R devs and sell the game officially? It wouldn't be the first time a smart company did this.

Sega did that.

Their egos.

less potential profits other game companies can make if they sit on the IP

At least it's gonna be on 3DS, then I can pirate the shit out of it.

The same thing that happened to the Ubisoft E3 threads. Massive shilling and shitposting. The difference is, it's far easier to derail a Metroid thread without dipping into the Holla Forums & Holla Forums playbook.

You can swap Nintendo for any gaming or media ( like Yahoo, for example) company but the point stands.
Everything started tumbling hard at a point.

Oh boy you're in for some disappointment user

soooo

when do you think we'll get a switch emulator?

NEVER MWAHAHAHAHAHA
Probably like a year and a half.

I have another game you'd really like

CFW is gonna be first, plus it'll be more comfy just to buy a secondhand Switch and pirate that way.

I am guessing one year from now. And not by work of emulator devs, but some retard inside of Nintendo who accidentally leaks crucial information.

settle down, they had a tech demo of zelda at wiiu announcement too remember? this wasnt even that, just a title

I am very happy that Metroid fans will get their fill but… It's just yet another remake. Nintendo has been selling remakes for the past two decades, for God's sake. Zelda is apparently a legit expansion pack, which is actually good, but I still wouldn't buy that goddamn console just for three games.

What if the space pirate's evil pan is to make a dyson tube.

A functional/playable one? 5+ years from now. Can't piggyback off of pre-existing emulation knowledge because of the different PC architecture like we could for Wii and to an extent Wii U, though joycons should be pretty easy to figure out considering they're pretty much Wii remotes, and you can just connect them to your PC via bluetooth.

Is that new music or old?

its a pretty great port too

Lets not get irrational here it was Konami that killed castlevania.

It was a good strategy move to not reveal the new developer yet, otherwise I think people would be a lot less excited.

Really? That's really cool.

it's the title screen music from prime 1.

I bet the pirates are behind this…

I was gonna respond with "Nintendo now likes every sequel to be very different from the previous incarnation" but it wouldn't be true. Zero Mission wasn't that different from Fusion, nor Galaxy 1 was that different from G2 (and the whole Prime Trilogy is pretty consistent).

Nintendo knows their Intelectual Properties are more expensive than their consoles IPs so we just have to admit it makes sense for them to protect them with "OC don't steal". We obviously would benefit if it wasn't like that, that's why everyone else wants Nintendo to bankrupt (unlikely considering how much the Switch, I can only imagine how it will sell in Christmas) because they want their IP in their consoles/PCs.

I honestly wonder if they'd did it if they still were selling consoles.

Lords of Shadows 1 is a masterpiece, memekid.

What are the odds of the games not sealling enough and nintendo killing samus forever?

I've still not known how LoS was bad. Can a castlevania fag gimme the skinny?

I…hadn't considered this posibility

Pretty low if the views are anything close to the eventual Sales.

Why don't you check how long did it took to have a decent emulator for past consoles?
For example, Cemu was released 3 years after the WiiU.

I remember the first SNES emulators in the 90's, they were slow as fuck and didn't include all the filters and effects.

Son, it was dead long before that.

everyone and their faggot has a 3ds/2ds. The sheer fact of that will mean even people who wouldn't buy the system for the game might just get the game anyway.

Sure there will be some good goys who will buy the "special edition" but let's be real here, a large portion of people with a 3ds, if not the majority, have CFW installed

You are right about the IP though, that is probably most important to them.

hello reddit

Uh, no. Probably a huge amount of third-worlders and South Americans but the vast majority of people who own 3DS systems do not have CFW. The system being unprofitable as a whole would probably drop support so fast our heads would spin.

Has this ever happened?

Chibi Robo is the first thing that comes to mind since the devs themselves said the last game was the series last chance

its only 2D this time though, M:om would have factually been a better game if they didnt try to force the FPS shit.

just as bad as buzzfeed, why are you even linking to this site? use allthetropes.orain.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FranchiseKiller/VideoGames
They mention Chibi Robo :(
Sega looks like it has the more entries (see ). I'm not saying the games were bad, I'm saying that there's a reason why companies like Origin & Westwood & Maxis go down yet Electronic Arts persists.

The FPS sections for pixel-hunting and firing missiles is by far not the worst part of that game, no. If they had been removed, it still would have been a bad game.

What did you do, user?

While you anons are focused: best config to play the prime trilogy with KB+M on dolphin?

don't blow your load over prime 4 just yet, all we saw was a splash screen and some of you motherfuckers are acting like the series is saved. how quickly everyone forgets the over ambitious BOTW and how nintendo might harvest from that into metroid

Why the fuck are you freaking about about this shit. Are you retarded?

Oh god what the fuck.
Trying again:
tv
tropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FranchiseKiller/VideoGames

Trilogy's controls really, really don't translate to KB+M that well. It's not going to be like playing with mouselook, just play the GC versions of the first two.

I know someone on Holla Forums gave me a configuration years ago, I'll see if I still have it saved.

he linked to tvtropes, a sjw hive.

What about 3? Is it best to just dig out a Wii mote and play it that way?

Well with 3 you're stuck with the new control scheme so you might as well. I know a lot of people prefer Trilogy's control scheme so maybe I'm in the minority, but I think it's a huge step back from the earlier ones. Basically it works the same way, except instead of using the analog stick to rotate your FOV you move the Wiimote reticule to the side of the screen. It's not a 1:1 movement thing, it just feels imprecise.

More power to you anyway, give it a shot. This is what I have saved.

The pixel hunting was the fucking worst. It might have been a mediocre game to rent without it but the FPS sections like that made it irredeemable, grinding everything to a hault as you have to spend 20 mins waving the fucking wiimote around. the 2d sections werent that bad, but still too easy with autoaim.

So am I going to get a good new Zero Suit Samus to fap to or not?

Yeah I'd say so. Especially if you're going to play trilogy you might as well play them all with a wiimote. The controls handle farely well.

Looks like low-budget, outsourced shit.

Kinda like 2014's Strider.

I guess we should have been more specific.
What's Retro Studios doing right now, anyway? Another Donkey Kong?

It was funny reading their Prison School page, they had to remove a lot of the positive remarks to avoid blatant hypocrisy.

I'm pretty sure Prime 3 is identical in the Trilogy. Except obviously for the lack of main menu and the internal achievements/unlocks.

Not if we're lucky.

Not sure, but apparently that's gonna be toted tomorrow.

You fuckers deserve your shit hardware and mobile trash games.

Delete this

Metroid Prime 4 is going to be fucking sweet… I hope.

Metroid Samus Returns looks… good? I don't really care for the Other M aesthetic and mechanics borrowed from it but I guess we'll see what happens. It will be the true test to see if Nintendo knows better than the fans or not they don't when comparing it to AM2R.

Lords of Shadow 1 was pretty good. Nothing spectacular, but enjoyable.

Mirror of Fate & 2 were shit in every regard.

Hope that helps.

this board has gone off the deep end

I doubt that Samus Returns will be nearly as bad as Other M, but I bet it will still suck compared to AM2R. There is no reason to play SR when AM2R exists. A few years earlier and people would have been all over SR, but this looks like Nintendo phoned it in at the last moment when they saw how excited people got over AM2R.

And relegated it to a download-only game while OC Forces gets the AAA premium treatment.

The board owner is an unapologetic Nintendrone. This shouldn't surprise anyone that's been here more than a few weeks.

Fixed. It was an unremarkable GoW clone with a fucktarded ending.

NO GABRIEL YOU ARE THE DRACULA

There are times when I wonder if I am simply becoming too old for video games, but when I look at the games on GOG or try old ROMs I realize that no, I did not change, modern games really have become just shit.

It can't be nostalgia, some of the games I loved are older than me, or at least I would still have been shitting my diapers at that time. Vid related has awful graphics, stiff controls, but the game itself is pure adrenaline and great fun. I played through the first two games will all their expansions and it was glorious, it was like stepping into an alternate universe where games don't suck.

fuck, wrong thread. Sorry.

when i heard mark bought a switch i thought it was fine but then i got banned for mentioning paid online. seriously?

But still strangely appropriate

Source?

Austin is not Hipster central user

It's close but it isn't Marfa

why is yagami light in a castlevania game?

A step in the right direction to try to revive Metroid, but Nintendo's desire to constantly outsource their games is a worrisome practice. Sometimes they strike gold (Retro Studios was a no name outsource that worked) but oftentimes their franchises start getting bogged down when they start the outsourcing.

Retro Studios not being involved I don't mind. After Prime 3, all the creative people behind it left and moved on. Even if Retro was handling it wouldn't be the same people, thus no guarantee of quality.

It was literally just a (1) trying to bait

And here people thought Nimtendo was purposely driving Metroid into the ground with 2 shitty games so they wouldn't have to make any more. Well HA! They were just unimaginably inept. And now they are making 2 Metroid games…
FUCK! AN UNIMAGINABLY INEPT NINTENDO IS MAKING 2 NORE METROID GAMES

Remember kids, meme responsibly.

AM2R BTFO
M
R

B
T
F
O

You should know by now that only the Japanese can do female protagonists

I kind of want to see someone make an image/comic of one of those Space Pirate ships hovering around some earthlike planet, with Ridley and co. inside, hacking into an internet signal and mass pirating all the vidya they can from that planet. And then later complaining about how 95% of the recent games turned out to be a waste of time and storage to have downloaded to begin with.

Golden Sun, maybe? If memory serves, Fire Emblem Awakening was set to be the last release in the franchise if it underperformed. Glory of Heracles also seems to have been given that treatment.
Pretty sure that's back to being dead too.

The trilogy version of the Prime games also lack the individual boot up animations each individual game had prior, as you jump from a game/file select screen right into the game itself.

Because they hired Death Note's mangaka to do redesigns.

No
Zero Suit was a mistake

I don't trust them after this.

>everyone complains about Federation Force & how it's not a Metroid game
>Nintendo caves & makes a Metroid game on 3DS even though 3DS already has FedForce
>everyone complains about Other M & how it's not a Metroid game
>Nintendo caves & makes the next home console Metroid game a Metroid Prime game
I've no doubt people still won't be satisfied. Hell, this might even become full-blown Zelda cycle.

Well people are already saying its shit and Nintendo is doomed because Retro isn't making it.

Blame battered person syndrome.

Prime 4 not being made by retro isn't that much of a concern. A large portion of the staff has left since Prime 3.

This part of the trailer; however, is a massive red flag. It just screams Other M cinematic garbage. Not to mention 2.5D games on a the 3DS' 2008 cell phone resolution screen look like complete and total ass.

That heavily depends on what dev team they hire to develop Prime 4. That being said, part of the appeal of having Retro develop Metroid Prime is to see what technical fuckery they can pull off with the hardware like they did with the original Prime games and their DKC games, but if they can find someone who knows how to program worth a shit, and can also make a good Prime game on top of that, it may still have potential.

you know I really liked prime hunters and that one wasn't made by retro either, the only problem with that game's single player was lack of boss variety and a few areas are just arena maps stitched together but that's fine considering the game wasn't even supposed to have a campaign at all.
if that team is making it I'm confident the game will play great.
as said though I hope the game has some thought put into it's engine and optimization.

wake me up inside.jpg

Also: a 2D and 3D mainline metroid game were in development long before Fed Force was shown. This isn't a reaction backlash.
Now fuck off with your false equivalences.

Gets even worse than that. There's an ability that lets you reveal chunks of undiscovered map, including item locations.

It was made by NST, aka Nintendo's other American dev team. They were also gonna develop Project HAMMER before it got canned because the team and NCL don't like each other, then NST got relegated to doing shitty Mini-Mario games forever.

They ain't exactly clean, either, since they handled the piss-poor port of Mario Maker

HAHAHA SONYGGERS EAT SHIT YOU GOT NOTHING BY MOVIES
I-Its ok when n-nintedo does it.

No Animal Crossing news either. I'm glad about some stuff but I'm disappointed not to hear that they are least working on animal crossing for the switch. Especially since that slap in the face that was amiibo festival.

Find one post in this thread where someone says QTEs are ok.

Hmm, it's almost like they keep doing things worth complaining about.

They showed live gameplay for like a half hour earlier this morning. The game plays fine. Those QTE looking counter things use a new resource, like missiles only theres much less capacity for them. All the new abilities like the scanning etc use this resource. You can't just spam it forever.

I kinda wanna see AC add on more elements, like farming or crafting or relationships. As it is, it's basically a daily quest with a slot machine to see what furniture you can buy

See

Pretty sure he forgot to add flag related.

Actually now I'm 100% sure.

Fine with me if you wanna be jaded forever. I'm just gonna play games that look fun. Do whatever you want.

Kill yourself.

yeah this thread is dun
either post lewd samus or don't post at all
polite sage

If those yellow orbs that drop from enemies are what I think it is and not "blood" then you're always refilling the yellow bar, user. It all screams "casualization" tbh.

inb4 someone says you don't have to use the casual new features

New mechanic != casualization. It depends on how its used. If its used to create new and interesting challenges then its a GOOD thing. It's impossible to know right now, but I'm all for mixing up the gameplay a little bit if it makes bosses more varied.

This shit looks much worse than AM2R so far.

Sounds pretty casual to me.

I don't think it looks as good, but its not like it looks bad. I'd like to have both.

Name one for for each of the things I listed that would add new and interesting challenges in the game.

Super Metroid had the xray scope that revealed hidden areas. What?

Did you see the videos? This is way beyond the xray scope and weapon power ups.

Well first of all, the first one existed in older Metroid games. It can allow you to create secrets in more difficult to access or visually spot areas without creating a "bullshit" factor in the secrets. As for the others
Bosses can have attacks that hit the entire screen or are extremely quick etc. that require you to conserve this resource for those attacks and switch them on to dodge them.
Have enemies that don't take damage normally, and have to be hit in specific times with that power active

I'm not a game designer so I don't know how to come up with the good shit but its honestly no different than using super missiles vs regular missiles: its just another powerup for you to get.

No idea, it's something that never happened.
It's the first major ARM console, it uses a modern nvidia gpu and everything is alien including the OS.

No thanks.

No i didnt. I worked all day and i refuse to give them views

Well now you just hit a button to reveal quite a bit of the map around you as well as power ups and hidden blocks and things that are breakable on your screen. Its pretty bullshit.

Hearing this shit just makes me want to go back and play AM2R again instead. Nintendo probably took it down because they knew they were about to be embarrassed in front of their entire audience.

that was team ninja, this is mercury steam.
if you're talking about Sakamoto's involvement, he was also behind Super Metroid.
His writing that's atrocious but this game seems to have little of that.

Don't forget that in the gameplay demonstration afterwards they also confirmed it's going to have fast-travel.

All of those are shit and the first and last practically invalidate having the powers in the first place. The second is just sounds like unfair bullshit.
Face it. These were put in with the exact purpose of making the game way easier for casuals. Not to mention how stupid it is to have a power that reveals shit in a game thats about finding things.

Even better, it would have been awesome for at least a single company to be hardcore anti poz and purge the fuck out of numale cuckbois and their tumblrwhale whores.

Reported.

With Super Metroid, he didn't have complete control, and had other people of a high enough rank to slap down any stupid ideas he might have tried to get implemented. Same can't be said for Other M.

It could easily be countered by a competent director with a coherent vision, but neither of those things are in Sakamoto's wheelhouse.

Could have other amiibo function unlock "bumper stickers" like when other games Wii save data unlocked them in Prime 3.

What is miyamoto even doing these days?

It has potential, at least is trying to look like a Metroid game, it could be worth emulating it.

Mario x Rabbids

but why, the story wrapped up so nicely with 3?

Isn't that being made by ubisoft?

sorry for being that guy, but what is this tube joke? Is there a Pirate log from one of the prime games I haven't read or something?

I'm pretty sure the joke is that the space pirates always make their bases with tubes and stuff thats the perfect size for samus' morph ball. They do this because they just fucking love tubes.

nah, the games just have a lot of fucking tubes and some drawfag had some fun pretending this is because pirates are obsessed with them.

How new are you? Just asking since TUUUUUBES has been a thing for years on imageboards.

Everything Nintendo does has potential. It's how they manage to fuck up said potential that really gets people going.

Looked fine in New Super Mario Bros, for the DS.

Anybody have the one about toxic mutating crystals that kills thousands….delicious candy?

Over here, blind dubs

I've never seen it before this thread.

Sure, but I'm pretty sure they said he was overseeing it. I could be mistaken.

Looked fine for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, too

Thats adorable

That is being evasive. Is this the first time you've cared to enter a Metroid thread, or are you new? Again, tubes has been around for years. Earliest ones of these I've got I saved a solid six years ago, and they're probably even older than that at this point, as far as when they were originally posted goes.

Short version: people are pointing that the level design makes sense for gameplay but not for immersion. Are they supposed to jump from one story to the other? Why are there no stairs? Why are there tubes everywhere?

Yep. I know who that drawfag *is*.

Ralson. On sb and sv. Look up his threads on sv, an early on around 2014/2013? And you will find an art thread of his.

Actually, I'll apologize to you. I thought you were the same guy I replied to earlier. Have another tube.

I can't remember the last time I was in one.
I'm far from new though, so I dunno how I missed it.

So in other words it's basically exactly the same as AM2R's super bomb.

You know power bombs have been a staple of the series for a while, right?

No you idiot. Watch the treehouse video.

I got the webm for it, would just need an edit fag.

you mean like AM2R?

Ah, time to post this

you better not be implying that metroid pinball was bad

I wished they'd give Samus something else to wear besides the zero suit. I would like to think she isn't always in her work suit and has time to relax every once in a while. Like the stuff she did before zero suit was introduced.

I fail to see a downside unless it's usable on an unbeaten game.

I agree it's trash, but people used the Justin Baley for Metroid 1 all the fucking time and no one bitched there.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I don't know what I expected.

but it wasn't a metroid and compared to a metroid it's still shit

After looking a bit more the only thing I'm really not on board with are the QTE attacks, the melee/parry looks alright, there could be an issue with the devs putting an emphasis on enemies that use melee attacks over ranged attacks but I think that the ability to melee parry is useful since I fucking hate when enemies get in your face and the ability to do more than just dodge sounds fun. the fine aim on shooting is good, I thought it would be the same old trash of every other game like it where you get the ability to shoot in any direction all the time which I find cheapens the strategy for a lot of the combat, but you can only aim when you are standing still. I'm not sure about the powers, and I hope there are new power ups, as in completely new powerups, something I thought AM2R really failed on.

I'm going to give it a try.

Hopefully preparing to retire.

He also oversaw Donkey Kong Country, he's not a lead, more about giving advice.

True. She wore a fucking incredible coat in the book.

it exploded when she formed her suit since it achieves a "flesh bond". The zero suit being DNA encoded so as to not leave her naked if she recalls the armor.

I still like miyamoto. He's not on the ball as much as he used to be but I still liked pikmin 3 so I hope he's working on a new one.

Ya know, Samus was flexible as fuck in this coat considering she non-lethally took out about a dozen guards in the middle of broad daylight.

I've never experience as much smug as Alex Jonestein on Trump's election, and I more than likely never will.

I liked Pikmin 3 (the only fucking RTS-ish game on the wiiU, a platform PERFECT for them).

But I'm gonna still be pissed at what he did to paper mario.

Is it just me or does this Metroid revival feel like a monkeypaw scenario?
Want a new metroid game
Want am2r to finish
Finally adds a melee option
Want a another 3d metroid

Being a Metroid fan is suffering.

take your own advice and take this consolewar shit with you

Is that supposed to be an excuse?

Remember, rule 8 only applies to certain people. :^)

Remember when people complained Metroid was going first person in the first place?
With an unproven new studio?
And Nintendo had to come in and basically stand over their shoulder with a gorilla grip on their neck to get them to finish it and make it decent?
Because I do.

Nip video with Samus returns gameplay if anyone wants it or wants to webm it
I Feel like i'd be immensely happier if i just stopped caring about living

Yes, and if they succeed like Retro did with 1 & 2 I'll be delighted
But after years of disappointment I default to pessimism, especially when the only thing teased was a title.
Remember the last time Nintendo teased something with just a title? We got #FE from that.

You mean like the end of Metroid Fusion 15 years ago?

I guess but consider that he probably had very little to do with colour splash and that still turned out shit. I mean, even with the limitations he may or may not have put on sticker star the game still could have been better that what it was.

i remember there being ice X parasites that would be damaging to samus because she had fused with the metroid

That's an X-parasite, not a real Omega Metroid.

Same reason she couldn't get the ice beam earlier in the game, but she was fused with larval Metroid DNA.

You are acting like idol shit wouldn't be an improvement over the last two games.

no you double nigger, it's an actual metroid. The federation was cloning/breeding them there and the X being able to copy a metroid makes no sense since the metroids were their main predators and samus was only able to survive infection due to an injection of metroid DNA

No its a real one, that why SA-X ignores Samus, attacks it and then willingly bonds with Samus to fight it.

No, it was a real one, the federation was breeding metroids

Is that what I'm remembering? Must have been a while since I played Fusion, I remembered a large X entering the room at the end.

Galactic HQ didn't withhold upgrades. The X infested her ship during the power outage and got ahold of Adam's consciousness, learning all his memories and how to manpulate Samus. There were at least 3 instances of the X fucking with computer data in the game aside from this. It tried to kill Samus at the end, but once the BSX was on course to be destroyed, it calculated that helping Samus kill the Omega and escape on her ship was the best way to survive

Meh.

Metroid was never good, nor will i ever be.

If Samus wasn't a women, few would even remember the game.

The SA-X tries to kill it and gets wrekt, then Samus absorbs it and gets Ice Beam

Yeah god forbid they actually take a creative twist on the canon like that. RIP Dread.

Honestly the federation withholding upgrades to ensure the survival of the SA-X and trying to use it as a weapon fits entirely within their goals and motivations from the rest of the series so that seems like the more simple answer. If they X could interact directly with computer data like that, why would one of them form into a human in order to use the console when they try to destroy the station to kill samus?

Don't be so harsh on yourself, I'm sure Metroid and you will be good someday.

Except i didnt say that mongoloid. I implied im skeptical since that last time we got something lke this they fucked it up massively even thought everything needed to make a good game was handed to them on a silver platter.

Oh ok, my mistake. Sorry.

only to the people mindlessly praising AM2R while shitting on the 3ds game.

Ripped from the metroid 2 manual:

In game, this is portrayed as Ice beam just not fucking working, along with any other beam, with only missile shots to the nucleus actually doing any damage.

The Omega in Fusion is an anomaly due to the accelerated growth on the space station, but it also lacks it's core powers:
The Omega in fusion is generally considered to be an anomaly.

Also ripped from the manual:

So… it's FEASIBLE that the nucleus is supposed to still have something of a weakness to cold in the grand scheme of things as the only direct contradiction is in the gameplay of Metroid 2 on Gameboy. All other games don't have the advanced forms of metroids, although by the time they reach Omega, ice generally is something they don't give two shits about.

Reminder that the ladder climbing and hand-over-hand segments were implemented and never removed from the original concept version of samus where she would gain metroid powers, be even larger than she normally is, and her armcannon was forearm mounted because she's too fucking swole, thus freeing her hands to do hand-over-hand and use ladders.

The fast-travel points weren't available until pretty late in AM2R, Treehouse was showing them available after fighting an Alpha Metroid. Even then it's a flimsy excuse since it should be a bad thing in both cases, regardless of whether a fangame did it first or not. Prime 3 had them too and they were bad then as well.

I'm not saying it's a good thing. Metroid has been about working deep and finding shortcuts back to other areas as opposed to "click and go".

The manga is so good.

Could a Justin Bailey Amiibo be possible? Thanks for the entry by the way.

Probably because the console was easier to use in a human form, or just to play mindgames with Samus.

Alright, Metroid Wiki and Metroid Database both mention something of gaining invulnerability to cold as they evolve, and I can remember something like that too. Maybe AM2R has messed around with some memories.

Not entirely, but yes. Fusion states a serum is made with help from a cell culture from a Metroid but she never was injected with DNA directly. Absolutely unimportant but still. Also, now that I see it, Samus is FUCKING FIT man.

You're misremembering. It got its shit wrecked by the Omega, and Samus absorbed it while it was in its weakened state, knowing it was her only opportunity.

Most of those are just excuses to the limitations of what they could do on the hardware, though. Omega Metroids in II float and pass through tiles because designing a fun fight against a large enemy that walks around and bumps into terrain on that tiny gameboy screen would be very difficult and limit the kind of arenas they could be fought in. Honestly, the Theta and Omega fights in II are pretty bad, anyway. Plus, the designs of Theta and Omega Metroids are nonsensical when they can just fly freely. Retconning most of the original Metroid II manual descriptions of Metroid evolution was a good thing. Otherwise we'd have this hulking reptile thing floating around and looking like the stupidest thing ever.

archive.fo/MvGO5
LOL

user.

Our dollar is about 30% weaker. Nintendo games have always been $80 on release for the last 5 years, at least. I saw a game go on sale. It was $70.

Now, there's pending legislation to increase the minimum wage by 50%, up to $14 and then $15, from $9. That's fucking huge. We're going to see $100 to $130 games here.

Gameplay looks decent. Free aim is great and Samus having more animations then her 2D counterpart makes for smooth animations. Concerns:

Remember years ago people were skeptical of unknown studio from Texas making Metroid in first person, while been overseen by Nintendo R&D1 staff.

Now we have a team based in Japan, led by the producer of Prime (Tanabe) and the past development knowledge of 3 Prime console titles (and Hunters), who hopefully have consultation from Retro. Shouldn't they have an easier time making a new Prime?

Is this power optional? Could someone beat the game without using it?

if Abyss Odyssey showed me something is that 2.5D platformers can still look good if you add a ton of detail in the background that goes really far back, it's like the parallax scrolling awe of old but up to eleven, might look even better in the 3DS.
what I'm worried about is if the free aim while standing still will mean there will be more limited shooting options while running.

Out of the whole Paper Mario debacle this might be the excuse that always triggers me the hardest. Paper Mario was the direct sequel/ successor series to Mario RPG on the snes and was always far more of a "straight up RPG", than the Mario&Luigi series where every battle is basically a fucking Mario Party minigame. Those games are alright don't get me wrong , but they are vastly inferior to Legend of the Seven Stars and the first two Paper Mario games. Since I was a kid i've always loved the fusion of classic JRPG with the Mario universe, but it looks like that formula is dead now.

I want to belive yes, but we've seen it multiple times where even great series have gotten fucked despite the "safety net"

never good in the first place
Konami the pachinko machine fucks
spin offs

I STRONGLY say that Metroid 5 should go with what Fusion was going to do and start giving her Metroid type powers.

>energy siphon (does more damage to foe than restores Samus' hp) Bosses are finished via Samus draining them and absorbing their powers

It wouldn't look stupid, honestly. I would rather that walking is an OPTION for them. And I state again, Larva, Alpha, and Gamma metroid have wall collision, Zeta and Omega don't.

Samus has been in dire need of physically delivering the smackdown for YEARS. I think part of the reason they didn't do it was due to the fact that, when they actually realized what she could do, it's put the grabs in God of War to shame.