Flight sticks

Real talk Holla Forums I'm interested in buying a flight stick

however one thing that really puts me off is how massive modern flight sticks are

Are there any no fuss flight sticks that just have a simple grip, trigger and base? Back in the 90s you could find small joysticks everywhere but now it has to be Xbox Duke sized with like two dozen buttons.

The company who made the joystick on the right still makes sticks and still has a great reputation, so if you're posting that as an example of what you like you should probably start with their products.

This is the one I ot except the buttons are labled with real people markings instead of consolepleb ones.

It was like 40 bux and the only problems I have with it is that the X games that matter do not support the 5th axis, and that it starts creaking like a motherfucker after a month.

What you would want a "simple flightstick" for is beyond me tbh fam.

I owned this one, it broke in a year, do not recommend.

probably calls for a diy kind of method.

Well its a 40 dollar product in a nieche where the good products start around 120 dollars.
It is suboptimally put together tho so I cant see mine lasting very long without maintenance.

I remember this one back in the day, it was really great for Combat Flight Simulator and Silent Thunder II. One of the few dust collectors in my home that I still regret getting rid of to this day.

Ha, you just hit me with a shot of nostalgia there. I had that exact stick way back when. Remember playing some F-16 game with it, was a lot of fun. I have no idea if it's still in my parents' house somewhere or if they got rid of it.

i bought one of these a few years ago for DCS, it worked okay, but it was overpriced.

The MFD thing on the throttle your never going to use. Changing colors on buttons is a nice gimick, i don't if the "Pro" thing is worth it though.

As far as build quality I went through 3 of these (took 2 back within days, said fuck it with the 3rd), the slider on the throttle jitters. There's apparently nothing that can be done about it. It makes it unusable as an axis and only works as an on/off function.

I use a logitech extreme 3d pro. I guess it's ok? Never used another flight stick so I can't compare it but it's served me alright with the occasional arma or sim session. On a related note however, does any one know of any good throttles? I was considering the thrustmaster twcs.

Reminder that Saitek was literally Mad Catz for years. Logitech bought them last year.

I would really think about it before you go dump $200 on a joystick. Do you really need full HOTAS and 30 buttons sliders and all this shit? The only thing I can think of where it's useful is DCS, maybe X-Plane.

Check the sim forums for whatever sim your into, there's threads there.

Sim people get hard core into it, there's people who drop $10k into building their own virtual cockpits.

Yeah that's what is holding me back from getting that a10 replica HOTAS that thrustmaster sell. The amount of sim related games I play doesn't really justify dropping $500+ on a full on HOTAS, Although maybe I would play more with some decent gear. I just don't want to get some cheap junk.

Because I don't have a lot of space on my desk. Plus I'd rather just have something I can always use one handed rather than something that is designed to be held with two hands

Are the older types better to use with mame or do the newer ones work ok with it?

the better question is could you get what's in that pic to work with DCS or X-plane, that's some nostalgia right there

You can redirect the outputs to an arduino or an mjoy board i suppose

I wanna get a flight stick that I can use for emulating most of the Ace Combat games and for 7 when it comes out. What is a good and cheap flight stick?

Huh, I've got one with the exact same base as pic 2 but a different stick. The Logitech Attack 3 I found at the local Goodwill is pretty nice for $3. The stick is a little thin though which makes my hand cramp fast if I hold it too tight.

Pro tip: don't buy anything cheaper than $300, unless it's Defender Cobra rev. 1 or rev. 2 - those are cheap but quality is on par with $300 units. Revision 3 and past that are made when chinks took over design department, and are typical cheap ass dogshit.

Cheap sticks feel like absolute crap. You can't half-decently aim with those. Imagine using worn out to shit analog stick and multiply this times ten, and on top of that add having to move your whole arm and not just thumb. You're better off not buying any stick than buying a cheap one.

Is the T16000m FCS any good?

PS2 Flightstick 2 made for Ace Combat 5/0

Some Nip made an obscenely good driver for it, allowing you to rebind practically everything on it.

Seems to develop a strange sticky film on the surface, but some elbow grease, rubbing alcohol and a lint-free later it'll be right as rain again.

I could have sworn that was an Saitek X45.

Hori probably acquired them.

It's the best budget HOTAS

Got this behemoth almost a year ago, takes a while to get binds set up, but I use it in games from FSX, to elite dangerous and ARMA.

Is it force sensing or not?