Are there any games or franchises that you are glad are dead so they won't be ruined by the current year and the...

Are there any games or franchises that you are glad are dead so they won't be ruined by the current year and the normalfag masses?

CC2 is currently making the FFVII remake, they're gonna take the money they make from that and work on a new Little Tail Bronx game because it's a pet project series of theirs.

Just like that last project of theirs that is forever stuck in development hell?

Might be wrong, but didn't Square kick them off of FFVII development a few weeks or so back?

Are you so dense that you actually believe Little Tail Bronx will ever be consumed by normalfag masses? They have "furry" stigma all over them, it will never go away.

OP didn't post any game called like that

That's the effective name of the series Solatorobo is part of (alongside its PS1 predecessor Tail Concerto; think maybe there's some Japan only mobile game to).

It's not

It wasn't THAT bad. It was good beat'em up game. Minus furfaggotry.
On topic:
Shadowhearts
Telefang
Megaman :^)

Shame they'll never be able to do the wacky WW2 game they clearly want to make.

Indeed.
Did Aruze was closed or just changed into holyshit studio? I ask, because I forgot.
That reminds me Shadowhearts 3 was released in 2007.

Advance Wars. Just imagine what IS would turn it into nowadays.

solatorobo was surprisingly good

how's opoona?

Graffiti Kingdom and Urban Reign, although I could see Graffiti Kingdom being trudged up for a mobile game just based on it's aesthetic.

fortunately it can't be touched. If anything Sega's been remarkably respectful towards it, and it's nice to see a franchise with no bad games which remarkably was directed by a complete newcomer to both genres the series approached.

The inclusion in sonic all stars was very tasteful too.

I see that Forever Kingdom is a prequel. Is it necessary to play Evergrace first?

Opoona is awesome and long as fuck, filled with tons of content.

Evergrace is pretty archaic in comparison so don't bother unless you want to see how much things improved.

Actually, according an interview a while back, the next game they were hoping to do would have been a prequel starring Jinpachiro Hyuga and Kiheita Inugami.

Aruze was NOT the developer. They are merely the publisher, rights holder, and a pachislot loving company that I honestly am not sure of why they were even interested in publishing a niche JRPG series. The dissolved Nautilus (formerly Sacnoth) after FtNW, likely due to low return on money spent to fund the series (and perhaps Nautilus biting the hand that fed them; despite being forced to tone down the darker elements in the later entries, they made the games weirder to keep them niche, and "The Dark Tower" weapon in Covenant, a model of Aruze's building, is described as being "filled with tiny, angry people"). Aruze continues to sit on the rights to the series, and the only thing they've done with it since then has been whoring characters out to IF for a crossover game (Chaos Wars).

Incidentally, in addition to some of the former team having gone on to work on Lost Odyssey with Mistwalker, apparently some of the guys are working on another game of their own they can't reveal details on yet. They've set (in the same interview mentioned above) that they hope to see it come west as well since Nautilus has an existing customerbase here; the interview uses the term "western adaptation" rather than "translation" which worries me a bit (Shadow Hearts being a series I can't see coming overseas intact if it were released in [CURRENT YEAR]), but I'm hoping it's just the interview translator's choice of words (it having been Japanese -> Italian -> English).

From the New World is not, and was not meant to be, Shadow Hearts III. From the New World was a confirmed side-game; even in Japan it's still known under the same title as it is here in the west, as opposed to how Shadow Hearts II got rebranded as "Shadow Hearts: Covenant" here.

heh yeah I'm glad advance wars is dead…

Sorry for multiple mistakes.
Nice to know that Nautilus devs survived studio dissolve. I wish them well in making games.

They wanna do everything inhouse now which is stupid since I don't think there's really any talent left in that husk.

Someone hasn't seen that new cartoon yet.

I'd need to double check what company name they're operating under now, and I'm not sure if the entire team (at least on the gameplay/art end; I know some of their music staff has been freelance) is still there. Wikipedia claims that a number of them went to feelplus (a branch of AQ Interactive), which has since merged in Marvelous AQL.

I've heard that some of the team (albeit no longer under the Nautilus logo) developed a PSP RPG called Arms Heart some years back, but it was apparently poorly regarded in Japan, never came west, and has no demand for fan-translation. Since then I don't think they've released any new games, but as mentioned before they do have something in the works, but can't speak on it just yet. Either it's not close to being done, or for all I know they may not even have a publisher willing to take them in after repeatedly angering Aruze. I will say though that, when asked about the potential for crowdfunding via Kikestarter in the interview, they said that while the respected what could be done with it, they didn't think their existing customerbase would want them going that route.

No it wasn't. I don't even think you can call it a beat em up. I don't know why it's so loved by this site, probably because the furries lapped it up, and we all know what their taste is like but the gameplay is absolutely mediocre. Even when they tried to mix it up with the racing or shoot em up sections, it still fell flat.
And don't start about the writing or "the lore". It was a run of the mill jrpg story.

Aged SEGA franchises. We'll never see another Ristar or Vectorman and that's great.

It's for the best. Or at least, that's what I tell myself anyways.

Is this game even popular with furries?

Would certainly explain how a lesser known DS game can manage such high prices on the aftermarket these days. Granted, I don't think it sold too well to begin with (XSEED seems to have had some issues with under-marketing various games, like Solatorobo and Avalon Code), but from what I'm seeing it averages about $100 complete these days, and $50-60 cart only (both honestly being a lot of money compared to most other DS games, even the hard to find ones). Just my thoughts though; heard it said in the past that one doesn't need to be a furfag to enjoy the game, but you'd have to put up with a reasonable portion of the fanbase for it being furfags.

I fucking swear, some years back I saw an interview about Bumpy Trot 2 coming soon, with the devs then claiming "April Fools" (despite it not even being April) after mentioning it, but now I can't even find evidence of the joke having happened to begin with.

The game was supposedly like 70% done but then an earthquake or a tsunami destroyed the studio where they had the files. After the loss they decided it was best to just move on instead of start over.

Yeah, I know that there was originally supposed to be a sequel before the studio cancelled all projects (which I think I've heard was more about being sick of getting told to cancel/delay their natural disaster series every time a quake or tsunami hit). I just recall reading something a few years back them bringing it up as a re-announcement, only to claim it as a joke. Only I can't find proof that it even happened last I looked.

I actually get increasingly surprised every passing day a CY sequel of this isn't out. They could just butcher the mechanics, slap some social justice friendly characters on it, a shit level generator and profit from nostalgia. I guess L5 really, really doesn't want this revived anytime soon.

Hey, you had the same idea I made previously.

Custom Robo, obviously.

Thanks for metioning Solatorobo. I have never heard of this game until i found it in an Holla Forums recommendation thread. Looked it up on amazon and got it for new for $5.

I hope they will never start another story of it. It was like a good book. The story sucked you in and didn't let go until you finished it.
I'm also glad that they finished the story and didn't made it open ended.

Damn, that midgame credit roll where i thought. "That game was fun" but then it continued.

I'm guessing that was quite a few years ago at this point.

Level 5 doesn't own the rights, Sony does. Just like how Sony owns Wild Arms, rather than its developers at Media.Vision. If anything, it's likely been up to Sony if they want to clear more games to be made for any existing franchise they own, regardless of if its developed by a branch of Sony themselves, or a third party.

Part of me kinda hopes that Punch-Out is "properly" dead, due the sole fact that political correctness would probably fuck up the game on a core level.

Almost two years ago. Now it's up to $25 here.

Let's try bumping it and see if the missing five show up.

Well, I'm not sure exactly where you live that that's the average price, unless you're looking at Fucking Gamestop/EB Games' prices, in which case fat chance you'll actually find a copy at one of them at this point. So good on you for getting it when you did.

Polite sage for double posting.

comments for any solatorobo video on youtube are mostly furries

Fucking scalpers.

god damn it I'll never get this game again.

It's really a multigroup problem. Of course there's the scalpers charging ridiculous amounts for a game, but then you have the people with too little patience to wait for cheaper and too much money to drop that justify the prices. And, while I'm not just going to say Solatorobo's entire fanbase are furfags, furfags seem to have obscene amounts of money to drop on shit that satisfies them. So basically the reselling kikes keep trying to push the envelope for how much they get away with asking, while the people paying those prices continue to act as justification for doing so. Best move for expensive games like this is to either pirate and play via emulation/flash cart (or in the case of disc based games, an HDD or burned discs), or if you're the sort that still wants an actual copy, have patience and persistence in searching, because someone, somewhere is going to fuck up eventually. I've been there to benefit before with games I've actually wanted, but had little desire to pay the average price for.

Whilst I did say "fat chance" up above there in regards to Gamestop/EB Games, there's still "A" chance to find the occasional complete DS game there a lot cheaper than normal. It really depends on if there's one around with room for actually stocking cased games; a few out where I live are willing to, but the moment they need more room, into the trash everything but the cartridges go. Last year or so I managed to find Knights in the Nightmare DS for $7 complete at one. Additionally (and this is one of the few things I'm willing to praise Gamestop on), the way their website works, you can actually see if any stores near you have a copy of something, though chances are it'll be cart only, and with Solatorobo being a game that seems to make scalpers happy to find, it wouldn't surprise me if what copies Gamestop gets in tend to get bought and wind up on Amazon on Ebay pretty fast.

emulaaaaate

I'm emulating right now, but it has a weird sound glitch and I would prefer it on the ds for the controls and so the low resolution isn't so glaring. Better than nothing though.

flashcaaaart

I was considering that. Would it work with a 3DS? They are backwards compatible with normal DS games.

yes, or at least it does on my old firmware version 3ds, which is like 4.5 or so

cheap ds from ebaaaaay

also 3ds flashcarts if they sell those now.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's an option for emulating DS games to remove the limitations the DS screen had, and let the actual models show through much better. At least for certain games anyhow.

You'd probably need a specific make. I know back in the old DS days, various makes and versions wouldn't work with newer DS systems, prompting a need to make ones that did. Of course, the DS didn't have to deal with digital firmware updates (or, at least the DS and DS Lite; not entirely sure about the DSi) like I'd wager the 3DS does.

philotes pls go

We'll likely never see this come out of IP hell and that's fine with me. I'm fine with my original CDs.

wut gaem?

In the image? Tales of Innocence DS.