Mid-ranged PC build ?

For years I've been meaning to build a computer for games, and now I finally intend on doing one soon. Been a console cuck forever, dabbled in playing tf2 years ago a bit on my old 10 year old inspiron desktop. Now I pretty much only use the same shitty desktop to play tf2 at min settings and older rpg's like kotor.
I can probably spend up to $800, maybe $1000 but that is pushing it. Preferably would spend less than $800 including OS though.
I've not really paid attention to the industry for about 4 years, can't say I am too impressed with the new games that have come out. Newest single player game I would be interested in playing is probably Witcher 3, multiplayer wise probably Rising storm 2, maybe try overwatch. Besides that I would mainly play older games up to late 90's I suppose.
Probably will be just playing on my old 1080p tv within 6 ish feet in a chair, don't really find sitting at a desk comfortable, probably will buy a monitor but not a huge priority, maybe dual monitor set up eventually.
I don't really see myself playing the latest stuff on super super ultra mega settings while streaming at 4k, as long as it looks fairly good at 1080p and is 60fps or more I would be satisfied. Don't really care about looks either, I don't need parts that light up in neon lights.
With my type of usage, would it be advised to spend $800-$1000 on a computer if I am not super concerned about 4k and what have you? Any suggestions on what type of specs I should look for?
If this isn't the place for this type of question, then forgive me since I am not sure who else better to ask.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/PCMasterRace/wiki/builds
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Costed me $800 CAD and most of the parts weren't even on sale.

I can personally guarantee this gets 60fps in Dark Souls 3 at max setting and with the FOV increased to 93.
Can't imagine you'll need more than that.

Also, you'd be better off asking >>>Holla Forums733050

You could do like I did, get a job where you're expected to do some of the work on your home computer and pass a mid to high end gaming PC off as a work related expense after around half a year. To be honest I was lucky that people there were lenient. It also helped that it was a small place where most didn't know shit about computer parts and managed to get way better than what they usually pay for theirs since I built it by myself and installed my own work related software (most of which are open source freeware) instead of buying some overpriced garbage then asking a tech to configure it and buy a license for shit like Office and Photoshop

The G4560 specifically is pretty damn good for most low-mid PCs, and it's like 80USD, don't know much about that model he posted.

The OS is free

Just download a clean .iso of windows 7 ultimate, and then use daz loader. There's no difference.

*Download and install, of course

I seriously don't know where to find a clean .iso of Windows 7, and how to download it safely.

reddit.com/r/PCMasterRace/wiki/builds
If you can look past your prejudices, the plebians sometimes have useful information.

>Hotlinking plebbit

This is the DigitalRiver mirror that I used for my refurbished laptop. These are all clean Windows 7 .isos. If you are in the States and Canada, then you'll most likely want this one: en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332.iso

mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/

Before you update Windows 7, make sure you block out update KB971033. It will fuck up Windows Loader even legit copies of Windows. Update Windows then use this to remove all Windows 7 telemetry/spying. It's for Win 7, 8.1, and 10.

github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying/releases

Sounds risky and I'm not familiar with VPN usage.
Also why ultimate edition? Isn't it a bloated version full of Microsoft shit you don't want or need?

doesn't really matter, it's windows, it was already bloated.

that is not midrange and i5 is midrange, the Pentium G is good for scrapyard builds, have fun with your bottlenecks and low IPCs, poorfags

it says 3.7ghz on the tin can, should be good enough :^)

Is the GTX 750 still midrange? I've got one each for PCI passthrough and I've been fairly content.

Just get an alienware bro

have fun with your viruses dude

DWS fucked up my installation and had to reinstall everything, just do it manually

The pentium g is an i3 under disguise lmao what are you high about? Still i would consider a ryzen 1400 tho