SEGA please come back and save us from this suffering

SEGA please come back and save us from this suffering

Other urls found in this thread:

pso2.cirnopedia.org/class_6.php
twitter.com/SEGAForever
archive.is/dqu5C
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sega's got a lot of good stuff rolling out in August, so don't sweat.

Sega won without having a conference. That's how bad E3 was.

Sonic OC creator won't save Sega

Devolver's was ok, even if it was a joke.

WHERE ARE MY PC PORTS SEGA!?

NO VIDYA FOR YOU WAITO PIGGU GAIJIN FAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEGA ONLY FOR NIHONJIN!!!!!!11111111111111

WAITO PIGGU GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't Sega started by two kikes from Hawaii?

Devolver's was ok because' it was a parody of the joke that is E3. That's the only thing that was tolerable about the whole shitshow. I'm still pissed there was no bomb threat during either EA or kikerosoft's conferences..

Yeah, but the Japanese completely bought it out and took it over in the late 70's.

Im pissed because of no DMC5 or DD2. What the fuck has kamiya been doing this entire time?

Never mind me, just playing the best game of the year 2012~2017

Episode 5 looks promising. And the new class isn't unlocked from the get-go, so it ain't a casual giveaway.

Sega was in the Pre-Pre-Show AKA the meme stream.

How far we've fallen.

And they beat the conferences. That's how bad E3 was. Sega might as well have a conference.

Considering how terrible ep4 looked and how awesome it turned out I can't help but hype for ep5.

im just worried that the new class will cause all other playstyles to be abandoned.
with the class requirements being that you virtually have to cap at least 3 other classes to even unlock it the class must be OP. It also doesn't let you select a subclass.
If everyone is to become a hero in the endgame then I hope they make other hero variants that use the other weapon types. RIP everything outside of Swords, TMG, and Talis

Spoiler: SEGA would be just as shit today as anyone else.

ASSHOLES AND GECKOS

Just do 1,000 more Bayonettas.

Kamiya's taking time off for his mental health's sake after Scalebound was cancelled. Don't know if Itsuno is really working on a DMC5 or DD2/Deep Down.

That fucking blew my mind. It started off so slow and shitty, and then it suddenly kicked into overdrive with every whiny, annoying character manning the fuck up and marching to war. I'm definitely going to give Sega the benefit of the doubt on World of Luthercraft, and I'm really hyped to try hero since sword and talis are two of my favorite weapons.

Just before the Scream of Mortality update hit, everyone said nobody would ever play hunter, force, or ranger again. Same with Episode 2 and 3. Once the novelty of the new classes wore off, the vast majority of people went back to their old mains. PSO2 has been doing damn well with class balance ever since Episode 3, so I think we can trust Sega not to make hero as bad as Episode 2 braver and gunner.

the problem is the new class takes a huge amount of effort to unlock so it would have to overshadow everything else to be worth unlocking. this is very different from past class releases.

Just give me a Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown PC port and I'll be happy. Please Sega, that's all you have to do.

also the same thing happened in PSU
after the master classes released no one would use the forte classes or the hybrid classes anymore except for acrotecher because it was a good buffer

You must be pretty new to the game. Three classes to 75 is nothing in PSO2, especially considering the EXP tickets that Sega hands out like candy. I was able to take summoner from 1 to 70 in minutes after Episode 4 went live because of them.

episode 5 is gonna be hype

Nope, the state of the industry today is a direct result of Sony and Microshit winning. If Nintendo and Sega had stayed as the main rivalry things would be different around here.

basically what said

75 is only 1/3 of the way to cap the cubes at 75 are slightly more exp than 1-75 and then 76-80 are again slightly more exp than the cubes so you really only need to get 3 classes 1/3 of the way to cap, and considering that BR can be a sub for HU and either HU or BR can be a sub for TE it's really no big deal, I could probably unlock hero in a couple of days on a fresh account

I haven't been playing much lately because I'm kind of bored with the content and also some friends sucked me into black desert but I need to get on and do xie's COs I want those LAs ;w;

Chances are they will remove 75 level requirement for Hero after a year or two, since originally Fighter, Gunner and Techer were supposedly "expert" classes.

I don't remember Sega ever referring to fighter, gunner, and techer as advanced or expert classes. Hell, I don't even remember the Japanese players referring to them as expert or advanced. In fact, the hero reveal thing throws up a huge set of text that says "the first advanced class." Pic related. I agree that it's just a matter of time before they drop the requirements, though.

they were considered advanced classes when they launched you had to level hunter (for FI) ranger (for GU) or force (for TE) to level 30 to complete a client order for your "advanced class license" see here since cirnopedia hasn't been updated in 3 years: pso2.cirnopedia.org/class_6.php

Tea Patty called techer an advanced class in cut scene, so there's that.

fighter gunner and techer only had a client order that appeared at around level 20 that unlocked them. they were basically the reward for completing the tutorial.

this started as a general sega thread and turned into a pso2 episode 5 thread kek

Nowhere in the Japanese text of that order's name does it say anything about advanced class. I got on the game to see if the order's flavor text said it, but the orders were removed from the game even for people who had already done them. Even the Japanese wiki deleted the entries for them, which is strange because the Japanese like to keep that kind of older data around.

I think they made it slightly easier to unlock those classes at some point in Episode 2, but he's right that it required level 30 and then two different orders back when they first launched.

was pso challenge mode the first souls like game?

yah fair enough its semantic argument mostly the point is they weren't just basic classes and did require some investment to unlock I also heard people call them advance or expert classes a lot (also "prestige") so I think the point is fair tbh mostly I suspect the hype around "pso2 first advance class!!" is mostly just that, hypemaking

inb4 we wuz & sperging

what else does sega even have these days besides phantasy star I guess the sonic racing games are kind of fun the last sonic game I played was unleashed which I kind of liked aside from the fact that the combat segments played at like 10 fps or less I keep hearing sonic games are good now so maybe I should try one

and what else, I guess bayonetta and vanquish are good although those aren't "sega games", I would like to see a proper reboot/remake of streets of rage in the modern 2010s retro-futuristic vaporwave style, the modern take on late-80s/early-90s cyberpunk futurism

actually what I would love the most is a classic shadowrun game that plays like pso2 but that's sort of neither here nor there

did anyone else think lucky of lucky's tale looks exactly fucking like tails at first I mean on a closer look he doesn't and really there's only so many ways you can draw a cartoon fox but honestly

they should make a soulslike phantasy star game.
old pso had that kind of atmosphere to it.
that feel was lost with pso2.

Skies of Arcadia PC, do it you pussies.

If they could work 4-player co-op into it, they could make a hell of a good Phantasy Star III spin-off/sidestory.

How about those new Sonics ey. I sure love nostalgiabait.

it's weird I grew up playing the classic sonic games and yah they were cool I guess when I was little but going back and re-playing them now they feel so shit and it's not just the age of the games either because lots of old games from that period still feel good (streets of rage, thunder force, battletech, etc) but it's like back then we only enjoyed sonic because we were told to or some shit idk. kids are stupid

anyway as a result any nostalgia I may have had for sonic has completely been eroded by both the experience of playing the games as an adult and also all the shitty sonic games that have come out

Atmosphere in PSO1 was just as wacky weird japanese humour mixed with grim dark space fantasy as in PSO2 up until ep4, take off your nostalgia goggles already.

Sonic 1 and 2 are still great games, but everything after that was kinda broken feeling. and the 3D games are fucked because none of the characters ever shut the hell up. (the mario games work because they use voice sparingly)

Back in my day we called them rip offs

to be fair I don't like mario either

thinking about how my spoiler'd game idea from the other post will never be made has me pic related

are just not really into 2d platformers?

no you called them Doom clones, Metroidvanias and GTA clones.

Never

I like them when there is stuff going on, the relatively recent indie games 20XX and Vagante are among my all-time favorites

I like 2D games in general because I can play them with my preferred input device which is picrelated

I just find mario and sonic both to have way too little going on, the only real skill to the games is memorizing the level layouts particularly in sonic and that's just not something interesting to me, I prefer games that make me react and make choices on the fly rather than rote memorization

this post is a clusterfuck, implying it's BAD TO stand**

and I didn't meant to spoiler

pic is my best run yet in 20xx

I have a feeling that the level 1 hero class will be equivalent to a 75/75 class and a level 30 hero will equal a 90/90 class but they might not raise the cap to 90 so a hero would eventually surpass the other classes.
It would be interesting if they would add skills to the hero tree that would expand the Heroes weapon selection down branching paths.
a ranged hero would expand into rifle and launcher abilities, a tech hero would expand into rods and wands, etc.
every weapon type would get the evolved hero ability treatment.

Those buttons don't look right to me. What parts are in your stick, user?

twitter.com/SEGAForever

They're about to make a Phantasy Star and Comix Zone announcement, probably mobile ports.

They should make actual Phantasy Star games instead of the MMo lites they've been doing for so long.

When is VF6 going to get announced?

I hate it.

Reminder that when they were main rivals, Nintendo was forced to ape up their games leading to a variety of game genres ranging from lighthearted to RPGs that pushed the graphical limitations of the SNES, while going hand to hand with the then experimental Sega (especially during the Saturn years where they were one of the folks that pushed the limits of sprite games).

I miss that.

Holy shit, did I miss something? Sony shitting was always around but who opened the floodgates?

seimitsu buttons and stick

archive.is/dqu5C

Sony deserves to be shit on the hardest, what have they contributed to gaming? Absolutely nothing.

So are they gonna announce another port this month or what?

Shenmue HD collection.

but when tho

If Nintendo never indirectly created the PlayStation and if we were stuck with SEGA and Nintendo, then the industry would be immensely different now. Whether if that could have been for better or worse, I cannot say.

So what's the deal with Sega announcing PC ports and having them release in a week or two afterwards? There always seems like so little fanfare

With what? Sonic?

What has Sega done to earn this cult worship the last 10 years anyway.

Still angry your mom didn't buy you a PS2 for Christmas?

No, diablo was the first souls like game.

There was a lot of internal conflict between East and Western branches of the company at the time.

are they seriously putting the sega ages phantasy star remakes on mobile?!

Vanquish on pc.

No, because she bought me the superior Dreamcast instead. :^)

Gee, that's a good question…

Sadly, it would've probably been much worse, with Nintendo grabbing a monopoly on the market, since SEGA's death had very little to do with Playstation, and a heck of a lot to do with rushed console releases and massive internal tension between it's branches.

Win-win scenario. Sega just usurps Nintendo's monopoly instead of Sony, and rightfully so, since Sega is an actual games company, unlike Sony.