Changing GoW to be a generic souls clone

How has souls become the new COD?

fine by me.

Shame, I always felt that GoW should have become more like Bayo/DmC.

Where the fuck did you see anything "Souls-like" in that?

Seriously, now you're just throwing around buzzwords with no real clue as to what they mean.

I know you are casual and probably haven't played either of the 3 games mentioned but

You mean Last of Us clone, which is basically everything nowadays. Fuck this gay earth.

What's the difference between God of War and Devil May Cry?
Aren't they both fast hack n slash games with combos that let you buy/pick up several different weapons?

You say that , but they're more likely to be in vain of Dark Souls II than Dark Souls.

if you were to map out the movement and attack options DMC would look like a flowchart while GoW would look like a Venn diagram.

Not sure the Venn diagram is the best analogy but I get the idea.

People made jokes about GoW moving to Norse gods.

DmC/Bayo is also more reliant on animation cancels to make combos fluid. So there's a skill curve allowing experienced players to juggle enemies with flashy weapon swaps. GoW, by contrast, is just your basic hack and slash.

Notice how they dropped the 4 from the title. It's a complete reboot now.

They should have just made a new IP

The camera looks more like RE4 with it being locked to behind the character's back and to the right.

But how would they guarantee sales if they didn't use an old name?

Honestly the Camera is so close this is clearly going to be a shit game. There is no way you can see enemies to the left or right.

Combat's going to be slower, they'll probably make it so enemies buffer before they get too close to you like in RE4 and have sound cues that indicate they're behind you. So, RE4 with melee.

They needed to do something though. The GoW formula was pretty worn out by the end of 3

God of War is more about making the character feel skilled without requiring any actual skill or strategy, DMC/Bayo is a more traditional game and action game that doesn't entirely require the player to have skill but pressures them into building skill, it does this by having lots of options for combat and a strong balance/interplay of intricate mechanics like dodge cancel, and the combo meter, if you want to see this look at Saur's videos on the subject. Bayo/DMC also does this really neat thing where the characters are always very cocky and talk a lot of shit that plays out well both ways, the player can be that person and back that up by being both stylish in the gameplay and the cut scenes, or the player can suck ass and it becomes strangely comical when the character talks it up big but spends a lot of time being smacked around but ultimately coming through thanks to the way the game handles difficulty. Personally I prefer W101, it has both a high skill ceiling but a low skill floor, any player can be absolutely shit and win that game, because whenever you get a game over you resurrect exactly where you died with all your progress, but mastering it is still as delicious as previous games.

Sony was mostly AAA shit, every one of those games is the same shit nowadays, taking from uncharted, assasins creed or TLoU, with some "new innovative system" (something ripped from one of those 3 games), also the uncharted womyn are as ugly as they get

Also some VR stuff nobody wanted.

Has OP become any less gay ?

Devil May Cry pressures you into getting good, whereas God of War lets you mash light attack to cut everything around you into wet chunks. It was simple, but it really did capture Kratos as a character: a pissed off warrior who kills gods out of necessity, but mostly revenge.

*Changing GoW to a generic Last of Us clone
Fixed. It obviously is just a cut-scene movie game with combat in between. How you could think it becomes a souls game is beyond me.

It's not souls you retard it's generic sony moviegame

More like last of us clone

the thing i noticed the most about the new gow is the really stiff and chunky animations. it had no flow to it, something that god of war was known for back when it wasn't shit.

Play GOW on the hardest difficulty. You will be doing more than just mashing buttons to progress through the game.

It's so bad now that a game without a stamina bar is considered 'soulslike'.

God of War doesn't have the combat verticality that DMC and later Platinum games have. Sure you can juggle a bit but it's not on the same level.

Just end this fucking series already. Too many fucking sequels and the story already reached a decent conclusion so why fucking continue it if they''re just gonna turn it into a copy of a pre-existing game series? Fuck all.

They did end the series. This is a reboot.

Just by watching the latest trailer this is as far from Dark Souls as it gets.

Fun fact: Sony cancelled a new IP from Santa Monica for this.
It still pisses me off because it was supposed to be a sci fi game set in space (it was created by a writer who used to work on Battlestar Galactica).

I wish.
This shit will be more like last of us, where Kratos has to take car eof his wifes son.

lol

only retards think this, and this is shitty bait.

remember when everyone hated follower ai in the past
another grumpy dad simulator
no thx

Great thread OP

I actually thought that from all the other games in E3, this looked decent. Though, of course, MH:W seems the best.