C-Stick

How important is it?
I want some cheap handheld fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/
3ds.guide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All 3DS games are free so get whichever is easiest to hack.

You mean the second circle-pad used on the Nu3DS?

Not that important, its only utilized for a small variety of games. You should get the New3DS just for the better hardware though.

Don't forget to hack it, use the guide at 3ds.guide/ to learn how. I don't think the latest firmware is completely hacked yet so try to go for version 11.3
After hacking 11.3 you can then safely update to 11.4 if you wish

You think it's worth it to wait a month and get the 2DS XL? Wonder when that will be ready for piracy.

the latest firmware can be hacked but only if you have another guy with a 3ds hacked.

Full system exploits are available for 11.4 but they're not public and most likely will not be made public until 11.5 is out or Nintendo officially drops 3DS support altogether. This way homebrew devs can stockpile exploits without Nintendo patching every single one. If you buy a 3DS brand new it will most likely come with the latest firmware.

This is also an option

There's also that second circle pad addon that only works with the original 3DS.

For an entirely different set of games the new 3ds's second pad, I believe.

Buy a PSP instead.

I'd wait for the New 2DS so you get everything a New 3DS has for half the price.

Pretty vital if you're intending to play Monster Hunter.

Using it just makes you wish it was a real analog stick.

Not really, I made it to G-rank just fine on a 2DS.

I have an xl without it the game isnt hard without a c stick.

Buying a brand new 3DS won't get you the latest firmware until some 6 months after said firmware was released.

The second pad is supported by very few games

I think the one game that is better with it is Kid Icarus.
Really not worth it

explain

Smash supports it rather loosely as a C-stick, what're you on about?

3ds.guide/

Not for me.
The second analog was completely useless, I dunno if the second analog for the 3DS actually works though

It's really nice for MonHan, but it's by no means necessary.
Look at it from the other angle - on the PSP the only effective way to play MonHan was The Claw. You can get used to god damn anything.

the new 3ds*

Might be it that it's N3DS only, probably it detects whether it's running in extended RAM mode on an O3DS and enables accordingly.

Nice, thanks user.

Since we're talking about handheld consoles anyway. Does someone wanna tell me how the vita stacks up against the new 3ds?

More powerful, less games. Unless you're a raging weeaboo then they're about the same

The first run Vitas with the OLED screens are the most gorgeously vibrant screens I've ever seen, from brilliant and vibrant colors to black levels that are actually black. Fucking beautiful screens. I don't know what later-run non-OLED screens look like on the Vita, but I've heard mixed things.

The games situation is really, really thin. Unless you're into weebshit to a pretty spectacular degree, you'll find a handful of games to play at most.

So if I'm not a weeb go 3ds?

Pretty much.

Thanks user,

Does anyone have a pic of Holla Forumss recommended 3ds games? I don't wanna make a new thread if I can help it.

You guys think I'm safe with the firmware if I order a mario kart 7 bundle 2ds?

This one's probably out of date. It says Fire Emblem If/Fates is good, but it isn't. 7th Dragon 3 is good, though. I liked it a lot.

Ignore that one, turns out I have one that's a little more up to date. Still over a year old though.

3.60 ones can run PSP ISOs.

Better res than the 3DS, and IPS, whereas with 3DS it's a lucky dip of IPS or TN.

Pretty much. 3DS library is far better overall.

Isn't this the latest?
Or is there any other updated one?

I have no idea. I just happened to have old ones in my infograph folder. I'm too poor to regularly buy games and too lazy to set up for piracy anyway. Maybe when I get a replacement 3DS I'll set my current one up for it.

What is wrong with me and what should I play next? Also eo5 is finally coming out so someone should probably add it to the recommendations

Got a smartphone or tablet? Load it up with emulators and buy one of those bluetooth gamepads. There ya go, portable vidya machine for as little as $20.

Play all the SMT games for SNES/DS/3DS.

Yes. There are probably no 3DS's with 11.4 in stores already.

You are a bad person.

i usually just grab my wiener

This or an OG/Lite DS with a $6 flash cart.

You should stop worrying about the C-stick and start worrying about how the console you want has no games.
t. o3ds owner

I'd want a big buff lizard boyfriend like that one but I'd want him to be a nice boy who doesn't get into fights

soul hackers and the ds remakes are fine

Buy Vita, 3DS is shit.

Vita is out of production in the west so you can't even find them in stores anymore.

The PSP and the vita don't have the usual sonygger following so without games the vita died.

The Vita died because the memory cards cost up to a hundred bucks and die after 2 years.

Nevermind that with the Nintendo-made emulators on the 3DS for NES/SNES/Game Gear/Game Boy/Game Boy Advance, there are literally thousands of games, and hundreds of absolute top-tier titles available for the *DS, all completely for free.

You can't even find Vitas anymore you fucking retard. And even if you found one, you won't find one of the proprietary memory cards that cost a fortune before they were rare.

Why do the 3DS games look like they were made for little kids?

Think really hard about it, user.

Yeah but arent we adults here and not kids?

We are all little girls here, user

or a bunch of pedophiles

We should have an orgy.

Oh stop it, you x333

Yes but never mind that Vita lets you run RetroArch for the same thing, and Adrenaline for PSP/PS1. Admittedly not DS games though that's about the only reason I use my 3DS these days.

You don't look very hard then. I bought a new one off Amazon. Canadian because they don't have them in Australia but still.

cool

If only

You rang?