Game developers actually think you're retards

They actually think you're cattle that can be milked for cash.
Its really pathetic that gamers are not spreading the word about these types of practices.

Read these GDC presentation slides.
slideshare.net/emily_greer/gdc-online-2012-annotated

TLDR they try to milk you for all you're worth.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-08-13-what-european-developers-need-to-know-about-american-online-gamers
kuscholarworks.ku.edu/bitstream/handle/1808/4126/umi-ku-2515_1.pdf
steamcommunity.com/id/Mark447
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, that’s why I haven’t bought a game in years.

Farm animals milking farm animals.

no need to make the same thread twice user

Who is the artist on that picture?
It looks like a Jojo

Isn't that the case for every product ever?

user are you implying it costs resources to make things? That would be irrational.

That's what I'm saying, this is nothing new.
However I don't agree with your retarded idea of justifying corporations like that. It's true you have to turn in a profit but you don't necessarily need to treat your customers like retards.

You're preaching to the choir mate. You're not saying stuff that we don't already know about.

Look at you pulling a whole conversation we didn't have out of your ass. The vast majority of the people who respond to this thread will just say "pirate lol", as you should.

Sorry, I though you were saying treating your customers like retards is obviously the way to go because it costs resources to make things.

Act like cattle.
Get treated like cattle.
Normals don't think twice nor do they linger on these kinds of things, so using abusive revenue generating tactics is perfectly okay.

also
Oil and Gasoline are a pretty good example of the disconnect between reality and academia. Academia will tell you everything is fine. Reality will tell you that Oil Pirates are ransoming the crews of oil freighters because they're not going to get that much for the oil – but when everything is fine ,they'll just kill the crew because the oil is worth far more than their lives.

Well they're right no? I honestly don't have much respect for this community.

Some Russian royalty saint, I guess.

We are not the clientele they are targeting.
Their target clientele is normalfags who will buy the latest call of duty / FIFA title every year and buy into AAA marketing hype.

St. Olga, firebug waifu

Sounds more like a psychopath seeking revenge than loyalty

It checks out sir.

It was a Doggy Dog world back then. There was no room for weakness.

You must have me confused for a normalfag. It's a common mistake around here since there seems to be a 50/50 split here now a days.

Hey TODDORK! I pirated ALL of your games. It FEELS AMAZING not to PAY a DAMN CENT!

maybe you are a retard

And the game-developers is slaves to their distributors and jewish owners.

Atleast i can choose not to buy their games, they are bound to answer to their jewish overlords.

no

Serves them right, nepotism doesn't come without it's flaws.

Thats every company you dumbass

World isn't all sunshine and rainbows, even today. Ever hear of deterrence theory? I got nukes, fuck with me and I'm turning your shit into a radioactive wasteland. Or in Olga's case, fuck with my husbando and I'll burn your cities to the ground. Like it or not, it works.

One day normalfags are going to end.

It's just a list of obvious observations about the F2P P2W gaming industry, and they were always cancer.

Gee I wonder (((who))) could be behind this.

Damn, what's a better alternative for good browser games?

EVERY COMPANY DOES THIS YOU IDIOT

a r m o r g a m e s ?

Those slides made me furious though.

lets be honest
companies exist to make profit

Yeah, but we all hoped there could be a market for devs who actually want to make fun games. As it is, CDPR is the only one I know of.

To be fair, this is aimed at mobile

I'm actually curious if making good games in order to generate a growing/loyal fan base AND having a bunch of cosmetic micro-transactions to generate profit be better in the medium/long run than to churn out hot garbage and re-heating as leftovers every year like AAA studios have been doing for the past 8-9 years.

Nobody cares about the medium/long term. The shareholders demand large profit margins now, if you don't give it to them they'll vote you out and put in someone who will, and as soon as the margins start inevitably flagging they'll dump your whole company in favor of a younger one with some life still left in it.

And that, ladies and gentlement, is why the stock market is a jewish trap.
1) Buy stock only if it pays dividends, quarterly.
1a) This will let you pull out if you see a negative trend.
2) Never go public with your company. You might not get big fast but it's yours.

Honestly once the boomers die off I'm wondering if enough millenials/z's will be disinterested in the stock market enough to make it go anemic. At that point it would only be the (((suit's))) big bucks propping up that scheme.

Which confuses me because for as long as I can remember, every single video game company that went public or let itself get bought out by big publishers got royally screwed over after a few years. I guess I'm still firmly rooted in the camp of having a secure position at a company that feels like a second home instead of job hopping every 2-3 years like younger people are doing nowadays.

Fuck, I feel old.

You can make profit while not being a kike forcing degenerate shit into the throats of teenagers, buying up all the good companies and media to kill every single IP and outright eliminate everything that has to do with good videogames, including its userbase.
Profit and being good is not mutually exclusive.

News flash, gamers ARE retarded. Even people here.

They don't think we are
They think stupid normalfags and libtards are

The 2nd picture will fuck up your posture and give you back pains. Seems legit.

haha wow thats so astute of you

And it's your duty as a consumer to get the best possible deal for you. We are long since past the best possible deal. Consumers of vidya are being insulted, exploited, mocked and disgraced routinely.

Requesting that screenshot of the 8/v/ steam group that had loads of people playing FO4.

No user, you HAVE to be a greedy, shortsighted kike with a virulent contempt for the goyim. There's no other way to run a company or sell products.

They aren't wrong.
Nothing was more blatant than saying No Mans Sky would be shit for various reasons only to have people defend it religiously before release, then damage control after release.

Yep, and consumers police consumers here. Don't be entitled user, you should be happy to pay for a game with cut content held as dlc, and fucked by steam.

I wonder why

I'm in the millennial generation but I miss the fact that I probably won't get to experience that; the fact that if times were tough your company would actually help you out instead of kicking your ass to the street to save on payroll, and in return you actually had some loyalty to the company.

It would help if the oldfags would actually quit and stop working so the newfags could move up. If there's no tier 10 space, tier 9 can't move up to tier 10, and likewise down to the bottom row.

Read the comments on all the E3 trailers. All I see is

Sorry to say OP, but people really are idiots who want the most shallow games.

No he wasnt :^) Look again

Seriously though if you want a game to do well do the opposite of what Holla Forums wants.

That's because it's what we are, and we've been getting milked like livestock for centuries now through banking. Unless you're in the top 20k of the world elite, you're livestock getting milked and traded. This includes everything from politicians to developers, and so on.

Don't expect to change it, though you can get milked a bit less if you see what is happening.

This.

In Russia there is no difference.

This was 2014, I actually had pride in this place at the time

You virtue signalling how much of an ebin sekrit klub memelord you are only made things worse by advertising this place and you know that.

I love how South Park includes the canadian dollar in the picture when the dude says fake currency.

Good thing I never did that huh

Actually companies exist to meet people's needs. While they are driven to make money to survive, that is a consequence of our society, not their purpose.

Nigger, you just admitted to being in that group. Your presence there doesn't mean that you only wanted to play games with other Holla Forumsirgins - you could've arranged that on the board itself. You specifically wanted people to see that you browsed this place.

Open a history book. You'd be surprised how many psychopaths there were.

That was literally it you dumb faggot, you couldn't make a thread for games that were on steam at the time because you'd get swamped by those faggots that were responsible for steam friend threads getting shoa'd, and even after the threads were gone if you tried to make one you'd get more faggots that acted like them ironically as well as a host of people who would come in just to post >steam and leave

That's fucking embarrassing. That many proclaimed 8channers actually paid for Fallout 4? Holy fuck you're all retarded.

See Johnny Rico? Do as he does: he's a fucking hero and he's going to live forever.

They're right though, people still pay to play WoW. People still pay money to warframe.
Literally it's near impossible to fail no matter what you do once you get a decent sized audience because whales will never ever quit playing.

LOL!!

Another example from 2012:
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-08-13-what-european-developers-need-to-know-about-american-online-gamers

Some nice quotes:

TLDR: Treat them as 3year olds with adhd.

They've said literally nothing wrong in terms of the reality of the audience they're appealing to, and that's what makes this so disgusting.

have you noticed the leddit-tier normalfags that call themselves (((gamers))) now?
their cod/ubisoft loving/madden/"gtav is the best gta" faggots that dont have any expectations except "the graphics to look better!"

You say "psycopath", I say "loving" waifu.

Yep. I know it's true because sometimes I catch myself unconsciously performing those behaviors, and it's slightly sickening.
The prime example for me is switching the thing I'm doing at the first sign of frustration or boredom. Some of the other behaviors never or not so much, but that one really stuck with me.

It's quite natural. Animals can be observed doing the same shit like chickens who stop midfight and show pecking behaviour - the next behaviour in line just get's executed.

The issue is we have it easier than ever to find substitute tasks and train ourself to flip arround with multitabbing & constant feeds which reinforces that behaviour.

So you make either an conscious effort to reverse or get stuck with it.

right, the gamers that won't ever buy games in droves other than COD, Fifa, or whatever AAA rehash they prefer. These publishers are going to experience lower sales just like comics.

Last game I bought is mgs3. I'm mostly playing STO and may just get a Nintendo system since it's turning into a shitfest.

*MGSV. Goddammit fuxin phone

Yeah, and now they don't have to provide quality content because you faggots have no standards.

People are dumb.

The world that is in this current state, is proof enough.

It's dog-eat-dog, dumbass.

/thread

That's because most people actually -are- retarded, user. Sage as this probably was already said before, didn't read all.

They're not half wrong since people do buy, and they make mountains of profit milking them.

I'm short on cash, OP. I can feel the temptation of milking normalfags of their money.

people like you who correct others are just a diamond dozen

Bruni Nikolai Alexandrovich.

The girl is St Olga.

Underrated post.

Haha look at all those stupid faggots. The Boston salt party from 2015 says, fuck you Bethesdrones. Enjoy your pay too download mods. Fucked in the asssssss.

Dubs checked

Dubs tell a different story user. "It was a Doggy Dog world back then".

Come on man. Look at that user named Todd Howard.
He's obviously being ironic because of the Todd Howard meme.
He's playing the game ironically.
He paid for it ironically.

men can't be milked idiot

Do you actually want to go there?

This sounds dirty.

The funniest is that being so bloodthirsty has earned her the place against saints. Even the Code of Hammurabi was more lenient.

*among

You don't know what a psychopath is.

Oh yes they can.

Yup. It's allowed people to figure out how to let me pirate games from nintendo's own servers.

Milk my DICK

That's most people living in "civilized" cities.

or not, seeing as her husband was dead and all

I get the feeling that they don't understand that people are attracted to quality, not microtransactions.

They try to catagorize each potential profit game by genre and find that it's variable and "unpredictable", they rely on reports and appearance to determine quality (quality in their eyes is how much money you spend on making it look like Final Fantasy 13 or some shit)

and the rest is buzzwords.

I've gone through a few marketing classes, and I understand most of these terms they're throwing out, but they're constantly using them in the wrong context and their graphs have no basis because they don't define most of their shit or criteria for stuff like quality.

They gloss over it because they're trying to be seen as smart so they can get hired as consultants, when they clearly have no clue on what sells.

Actually their target clinetele isn't even normalfags, but dudes with addiction problems.

The plain fact is that even normalfags don't fall for the phone game micro-transaction shit, in fact if they do do it it's usually once or twice and it's still rare at that.

What they really aim for are gamblers. Like out on the street because of too much pachinko gamblers. That and out of country rich idiots. That's literally the only reason that they're still doing it.

I'd kill people if they harmed my family. And generally, if the "people" involved were kings and bureaucrats, had I the power i'd, bury them and everyone who enabled them to do 18 feet under myself.

t. game publishers

That was the most fun I've had in years
good times

Dunno about retarded, but Bethesda finally revealed their true levels of faggotry.

Tell me, user. I played MGS1 for my first time in my life. I kept ignoring it, and I just realized what I was missing. I was planning on buying a PS3 slim and buy the Legacy Collection, but in July there will be the Metal Gear 30th Anniversary and it is said that Konami has a "big surprise" for it. Should I just go through with the PS3 purchase or just wait for the Anniversary with the hopes that the collection gets ported to next-gen consoles?

Varies from company to company
Yet most of the companies work baiting their target audiences

Its bad but as long as it works for them thry wont stop

You seem to be confused. Game developers don't think about "us" at all. We stopped being the target audience in 2007 and have just been along for the ride to hell ever since.

I have little hope for ports, but I'd still wait.
Personally, I got a PS3 for the collection and Demon's Souls.

Don't make me call the RWSS you nigger.

If the executable was renamed, it would've said "in non-Steam game".

there is so much you are doing wrong

This is how capitalism works. It's a fantastic thing. These slides are irrelevant, and in fact not necessarily even, because they are just catering to what people want. These slides are actually descriptions of high moneymakers, and how to cater to them.

There's nothing wrong here.

What's the problem here exactly

This wouldn't have happened if capitalism was means and not ends.
Amassing wealth is worthless when you have nothing to do with it besides keeping score or some other form of hedonism.

This is just poorly applied economics 101. It's just shoehorning supply & demand curve and demand elasticity to microtransactions.

I think this wouldn't happen if the government didn't create artificial scarcity on ideas by enforcing IP. We can't have real fair competition when the government steps in like this.

I am really curious as to what you think "real fair competition" would look like without IP laws.

I can't imagine what the world would be like without IP, but all I know is that it can't exist without government intervention and creates artificial scarcity of an infinite resource (an idea). You could look to GNU and other free software for an example of how someone can make money off an idea without charging per copy.

Oh, that's not true at all. In fact it's not that hard to imagine what the world would look like without IP by looking at piracy. Basically there'd just be a huge private market in DRM to take the place of government enforcement.

Most likely there would also be new "innovations" in packaging IP products with ransomware and things like that. That one Japanese game that decided to shit on pirates would be a good example.

I have to ask, how many people just changed a few games on their list to "Fallout 4" just to troll people?

They think just because a good game sells bad then it's bad to make good games
but they forget to look at sequels and other games by the Company
And Vice versa

Intellectual property is all fucked because now you can throw money and BAM I'M GONNA KEEP EVERY PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE IDEA OF A PRODUCT IN A VALUT, EAT SHIT (^:
Ignoring that the fans are become co-owners of the thing they're fans of. So unlike bethesda shiteaters they actually revolt when author does retarded shit.
kuscholarworks.ku.edu/bitstream/handle/1808/4126/umi-ku-2515_1.pdf

IP laws are fucked, because they should always belong to original creator, cannot be bought, only inherited.
And everyone making product using the IP should pay residuals or some stuff like that, with the Original author giving a legaly binding seal of approval.
For example bethesda still could make fallout games, but Cain, Avellone and the rest would simply not approve of it and take their residuals.

But user that wouldn't allow Jews to make completely passive income on others' decades-old work.

lmao I bet you guys think it's real just because some lawfag wrote it down in a book one time

I wish everything would fall to public domain after 5 years. Most popular entertainment has either made its profit by then or it never will.

Why in gods name a videogame needs 70 year protection is beyond me. But thanks to Jews we can't have nice things. If it wasn't for those evil pirates so much would have already been lost.

For the vast majority of consumers that's absolutely true in all industries

Might as well might my cock, fuck.

wht

Every p2wfag should be rounded up and sent to forced labor camps until they die of exhaustion. This is their fault.

I think this is made up to be honest, I Dodd coward could never think of one person (at Bethesda at least ) who would be so devious. Now you know a game that won't manipulate you?
Try skyrim:no gamer manipulation edition, all the great stuff about skyrim but now manipulation free, no that there was in the first place of course.
I hear that fallout 4 DLCs are manipulation free too and buying the whole game along with them grants you manipulation resistant armor in game.

Everyone :^)

They're not wrong though. I've seen plenty of retards on the web and irl defend this type of shit.

PS1 and PS2 emulators exist and are good

If you're there buddy, good on you. You're a shining light in shit creek.

Aren't these steam groups always full of people who aren't even on Holla Forums?

Mark had an official Holla Forums steam group ran by him until he deleted it, this is his profile.
steamcommunity.com/id/Mark447

A poorly written James Bond story with ass gameplay?

there need to be a cabal, a secret club or what ever you want to call it, with a set of rules that do not alowe to buy any video game, preorder video games or the use of online payment options. Here and there one more rule for a stand against sjw shit and other agenda driven shit. When it is ready it needs to be meme'd as something that is cool, everyone have to be part of it so he is cool.
i will name this new cabal:

Lusus Excubitor
A confrontation between the rulers and the ruled.

Here to burn down what is corrupt and rotten.

The arent wrong

Gamers are braindead retards

To be fair, they're justified for thinking that.

The voting with your wallet principle is only a made up concept of capitalism, not a rule and this concept doesn't have any effect on companies unless it is a very large percentage of people not buying the same thing as before, also people may end up buying it later instead of right away so there about a year of time before a conclusion is made on the total profit of their product.
You are preaching to the choir of these things.
If you really want to make a difference, go on an active PR campaign against those kind of companies, red-pill normalfags about the game, spam their fax machines and waste their ink, send physical letters explaining why you didn't like their newest release without writing "kill yourself you sjw cancer," MAKE THEM SEE THAT THEY DID SOMETHING WRONG AND THAT YOU WILL NOT STAND FOR IT.
This passive-aggressiveness of "just don't buy it goy" pisses me off and gets nothing done, if you want a change you have to FIGHT FOR IT.

Classifying premium items as an inelastic good gave me a chuckle.

This. Commies can GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.

Next thing you're going to tell me is that diamonds are the hardest metal.

I make calculated, reasoned and logical purchases when it comes to vidya. Devs don't think I'm cattle, they think normalfags are cattle, and they're completely right.

thats why i said
and slowly the sheeple will listen to another wolf.

Grrrrrrrrrrr

you really cant