In your honest opinion, which is better?

GTA 4 or GTA 5?

Say what you will about the franchise and how shit you think it is, but which of the two is less shit?

GTA:SA with MMGE 3 and the latest version of Madleg's bullet physics.

So uh…anyone got any opinions?

We just had this thread this morning, fuck off.

I wasn't here this morning. Calm down, son.

GTA IV is the best GTA game. Lots of shooting, lots of driving, optional side content, no bullshit.

ROMAN LET'S GO BOWLING FOR THE 7TH FUCKING TIME TODAY!

Gaemaplay's better in 5, content's better in 4. They're both shit, as far as the franchise goes.

Probably 5. I really hated the car handling in 4. Plus I still like to load up 5 in first person every now and then.

Forget this shit thread. Here's a livestream of puppies.

I played cops and crooks 1 for all for probably 1000 hours in gta4

Then let me sum it up for you:

GTA IV was largely agreed to have the better story, while V was largely agreed to have the better gameplay overall. Then the thread devolved into story vs. gameplay while a couple of autists were arguing about GTA IV's driving vs. GTA V's driving. Add in a few posts about IV's awful gunplay and V's watering down of the Euphoria physics before it turned into jewposting about GTA Online.

There, saved you three hours worth of condensation in a thread without the tired memes. Enjoy your dead thread.

if you actually get down to brass tacks neither are very good games at all but i think i would end up saying 4 is better because 5 took everything 4 did right and removed it instead of improving upon it

Very nice, thanks for showing me this.

You can ignore him though, you dumbass faggot.

Eat shit.

vid didnt embed

Everything after san andreas is a re tread.

I want fun, not realism.

Are you implying controlling tailspins and body rolls isn't fun? There's a lot of decision making in every corner of the streets.

Best singleplayer: GTA V

Best multiplayer: GTA IV

I guess not for me.

I'm a big fan of Driver You Are The Wheelman and Mafia 1, if you don't like those games either then maybe GTA4 really is not for you.

What the fuck are you on?

4 has better story, driving, physics, and gunplay.

If you aren't a child you will remember how GTA4 was loathed for having a story that was too serious and shitty, and also lacking many of the fun things from san andreas. 5 has better gameplay, missions, driving physics, while 4 has better online and mods. Both are good games though

I preferred GTA V's world and story. I felt like GTA IV took itself too seriously, but was a more impressive game on a technical level, especially for its time; ultimately, I felt like I had more fun with GTA V, and that's what's most important for me when I play a game.

Cuckenstein was never good

Delusional "muh master race" faggots are the only ones that think that.

I started playing GTA IV with EFLC so at the beginning I didn't have the bad experience with somehow unpolished original IV gameplay and could even tolerate the original one at that point, because of the captivating story. Not the meme value of SA but still very good games in their own ways.

Compared to IV / EFLC, V was so boring and dumbed down to appeal everyone and very shitty physics-wise, it was the first GTA game I couldn't make myself finish.

Those are some nice double dubs, but you posted in the wrong thread, friend.

Those modern lighting effects and high resolution textures never really feel right with all the low-poly terrain seeping through.

Fuck your false dichotomy. GTA3 is still the most fun.

GTA 4 is better. GTA 5's gunplay total shit and missions are way too linear and restricted. It's like they decided to take the worst things about GTA 4 (TBoGT mission rank system, long ass driving sequences just to have a dialog between characters, chase sequences where you never catch on, since it completely scripted and so on) while completely dodging everything good about GTA 4 and for that matter every other GTA game. They maybe improved customization options with clothes and car mods, but games world completely devoid of any interactivity compering not just to GTA 4, but also to GTA SA as well. GTA V being as a return to roots of a series after GTA IV is a complete bullshit sentiment.

Try GTA 2. Best mission structure and kickass cyberpunk setting.

4 is easily the best GTA. The problem was the city, NY fucking sucks.

GTAIV at least didn't had a literal cuckold as playable character.

Is it really being a cuck if he's banging hookers behind his wife's back? Wouldn't that just be a perfectly normal, everyday cheating relationship?

San Andreas.

Ya'l niggers be havin' a shit taste.
character design is more important than "m-muh ebin side-content", fuck playing a nigger or "waah i'm so emo it hurts" slav

Only that he isnt banging anyone unles the player does, meanwhile his wife bring her boyfriends to his house and then the cuck goes running to get her back when she is done with the new boyfriend

Yeah, playing the mute from 3 with a new shirt and poorly emulating a character from a 80s movie is clearly better

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet. GTA IV has a lot of TECHNOLOGY! moments, that somehow disappeared when GTA V was being made.

Yes it is, im glad you understand it too. :)

GTA IV's story was much better put together than V's, but the gameplay of IV was shit, the world of IV was boring, boxy, and grey, and IV has nothing on the griefer's paradise that is GTA Online.

SA and Vice City are still the best overall GTAs, though.

Finished GTA IV and I have to say its a massive waste of time. The only good part of the entire package was Ballad of Gay Tony. The base game has awful missions, multiple characters whose defining trait is "asshole" and guts so much content from GTA SA that its fucking nuts. Different areas of the city have different filters applied to them instead of actual art direction making the game look very dull. Not to mention the built in input lag/unresponsive controls, a story and characters that lead nowhere, textures blurrier than fucking oblivion, constant pop ins on even top of the line hardware, the shitty PC optimizations and forcing you to install their third party shitware on top of GFWL/Steam and whatever else I missed.
It was an overhyped and overrated piece of trash that was only popular because of how heavily it was marketed and not on its actual values.

IV had almost everything better, except weapon variety and car customization

4 had awful gunplay? it was better than any previous gta, i thought. 5 must have it pretty good then.
i really should get around to playing it at some point.

You can't even crouch in 5.

GTA IV was a richer more entertaining world on a physical level where V had a better story.

You could tool around for literal months in IV and play nothing else and be absorbed, the radio was better too.

1. gta3 series
2. gtaiv
2. gta2

9. gta5
the Housers are losing their edge.

technically, no question V was much improved, but also suffered from shitness CrowbCat is a legend for that video and the gameplay was just less fun:
>no police bad-guy shoot-out missions maah cushite! ditto
>no taxi missions iv had too few, while iii had best
V went for "cinematic realism", R* apparently not recognising that they were making a game instead of a movie.

NO!
It was bloody dull

But, get used to more V lameness with less single-player and more multi-player because T2 made half a billion dollars from microtransactions and have a hard-on for making even more

People actually bought those stupid point cards they keep shilling?

And they keep buying them. GTA is dead and Reddit killed it.

Not only that, it's driven mainly by circumstance and coincidence. If the tennis coach didn't go to Madrazo's house or if there was no utility truck parked nearby or if Michael snapped a bit earlier or a bit later none of the game's plot would've happened.

GTA 4 is objectively the best game in the franchise.

This but unironically

I liked the first person mode in grand theft auto 5. For a game thats kinda become a lot about immersion in a fake real life and simulation rather than the original drive and and kill things gameplay, it just seems like first person serves it a lot better.

Finally someone with great taste. It's also the best third person shooter game ever made. Shooting random people in the hospital and exploding the cops that try to come in felt really authentic.

Yeah, FPS mode in GTA V was a massive improvement, and there are more ways of spending money in that game. But the rest of the game was utterly disappointing. Worse driving mechanics than even SA, unbelievable.

If you just want to fuck about in the open world probably V, otherwise any other GTA game is a better choice so IV wins. Also the best IV-era game is TLaD or Chinatown Wars if you'll accept that.

Ain't that something

I think Johnny Klebitz is a compelling character because he actually has plans more involved than 'I'm going to shoot everyone that's a problem and steal anything I want since I'm the invincible protagonist'. I mean the story does boil down to shooting the people that cause him problems but he actively tries to use every other solution first. He is also actually aware of the fact that violence begets violence and just results in his friends slowly dying off.

OP sucks dick

That song spells that, now that's a manly way of racing instead of supercars and pink SMG's
Klebitz had layers in it, the man had 3 to 4 phases in 20 missions, the reluctant worker-minion, the rebellious worker who had enough and wanted other ways, the fresh leader out to control his men and the complete psycho butcher, and then in the end he reverted back to reluctant minion for a couple of seconds
The man is a John Marston in biker form, or the other way as it seems JK was first

And taking into account Rockstar made the campaign as a tribute to some of the oldest fan groups (the bikers dudes from MTA and SAO), the faith of the gang really comes out as extremely degrading

Lost, but not forgotten

It always tickled me to see the constant contention over which game has better "gunplay" when from a practical standpoint they're functionally identical for PC gamers who can just snap headshot every enemy with the mouse, completely trivializing any combat encounter.

If you want to complain about shit gunplay in the series, try the disgusting lock-on fuckfest of 3/VC.

GTA4. because video.

GTA IV was superior, V was completely soulless. Quality over quantity.

Animation gives a great deal in making a gunplay feel satisfying.

From what I can gather modern R* turned against TLaD for some reason and declared they'd never do another biker-focussed game. The death scene in V was a way of shitting on their past work as a result of that decision.

4 had charm
5 was soulless

Honestly they shit on everything in V, as many have said before me, the Houser's went full mid-life crisis and started acting bizarre in regards to the plot
The same characters they wrote reflect their problems, a mid-life crisis has-been cuck who wants to return to what made him famous (what they are), a fucking random edgy madman who is "cool" for "cool"'s sake (what they want ro be) and some lame dude who is always being reminded by retarded people why is he leaving his previous ventures (what they were recently)
In the end Michael goes full Trevor and the nigger, Franklin i believe, helps them while having his mouf shut. That is what they wanted as canon

The entire modern R* going retard seems logical, GTA V for 7th gen and even 8th gen too is a half-assed job in terms of technology and consistency (assets anyone can do them with 2 years with Blender and some plans by a master designer). So much even the long-time producer Benzies went nuts against the college freshmen and the Housers, got softly fired and got them sued for not paying his wages and royalties for withstanding PAIN.

If you mean the non-lethal enemy hit responses, I agree, 4 handles that better, but it doesn't change the gunplay as a whole, especially if you're landing headshots and don't even get to see the animations.

Any time you see someone claim X game is "soulless" and post absolutely nothing to substantiate their claims, assume they're redditors/bots.

You have to be 18 to post here.

The only answer is that both are shit, because they both have glaring flaws that ruin them. GTA IV is boring as fuck and the world is dull because of how gray it is, GTA V has a terrible story and went back on a technogical level compareed to GTA IV.

First headshot only disables the enemy from attacking you. You only kill after the second headshot (in the disabled state). There's still animation there. Besides, you can't score headshot all the time.

You have to be 18 to post here.

The physics engine was objectively a hindrance to the gameplay, not an improvement. They were gimmicks that could end up extremely frustrating when they come up during something important.

Also, NYC isn't gray for fucks sake. Yes, gray cinematic trash is boring.

In my experience, a headshot is lethal unless you're using a pistol/smg against armored enemies.
Weapons are hitscan and pinpoint accurate for the first shot. You absolutely can score headshots all the time. I'd put money on me ending each playthrough with a 99%+ accuracy rating when I'm not shooting from a vehicle.

Because you're contributing so much to the thread when both your posts are just complaining about other peoples opinions right?

Regardless its been discussed to death ever since V came out, things happen in that game with no real purpose and most of the memorable moments end up coming from side characters like Lamar. The entire game is nothing but busy work with copy and paste missions, the heists were cool but ended up being over by the time things started getting interesting. It was the biggest game map but little of it was actually interesting or had anything of value sprinkled around. Hell the best way to make money in V is insider trading and playing the stock market which is so incredibly exciting. It was 100+ hours of nothing interesting. its the only GTA game I've had zero interest to go back and replay after getting 100% in every game in the franchise.

People shit on the Niko with the bowling but it was more stimulating then anything V offered.

You could take almost all of what you said and universally apply it to every 3D GTA game. I do appreciate you actually writing something substantial though.
Oh come on. You clearly found it interesting enough to sink 100+ hours into. You wouldn't spend that much time playing something you weren't enjoying on some level. That's not like breezing through some shit-tier game in ~4 hours just hoping it would get better and then it was over before you knew it, that's a lot of time to dedicate to a game.

An improvement for me. Felt so good walking on two feet for real in a video game, and seeing NPC's walking on two feet as well.

If it was an arena FPS than it would be true. But the gameplay was built around it, you could take out enemies in a more careful approach.

In GTA IV, enemies with depleted health are actually just disabled. They're only truly dead when hit by a car or shot for the second time.

It's not hitscan, there's projectile although it's not trajectory.

Just like classic FPS games? But you still don't get 100% accuracy unless using an aimbot.

From a gameplay standpoint, they're never getting back up and are "dead".
Yes, but classic FPS games didn't have cover mechanics + enemies that stand still + lethal headshots, which makes it trivial to just pop them one by one.
It's definitely hitscan. The projectile is visual only.

fuck off with your customer analytics,we all know you will only make normalfag tier horseshit rockstar

IV was a better ciminal simulator in every way. Even those annoying calls are part of the life.

IV has an fps mod and it blows V away in driving. Shooting is a bit off though.

SA and IV have much more interesting characters.

Generic methhead psycho, midlife crisis shitlib and his adopted negro pet is not an interesting cast, although the multiple character switching worked pretty good.

V tried to capitalize on the wackiness of SA, but reeks of tryhard.

The gray, big-city style of IV is a nice aesthetic, and the characters are pretty interesting. I liked how the story developed too.

First and only reminder that nostalgiafagging for IV against V is normalfag tier.

I honestly liked the driving physics of IV and having them in V would probably boost the experience, but it has to be said that V is a pretty well fleshed out game.

V without a doubt, but my perception is more than likely a little skewed since I played IV on 360 and V on PC.

I'd say GTA 4 is better if you include EFLC. 5 and Online has more content than 4 but overall it's watered down (see crowbcat IV vs V video) and casualized to shit.

Everyone in GTA Online has aim assist, AFAIK on console versions. Ragdoll physics are shit. The driving/damage physics were watered down and arcadey to be more casual friendly, even SA has a better balance of realistic and arcade physics. No singleplayer DLC, only online exclusive updates, even shit from online that could easily be implemented in singleplayer like lowriders, races, properties/garages.

Hopefully GTA6 will be an optimized version of 4 gameplay and content wise but i highly doubt it will.

what if they are both really shitty and GTA hasn't been good since vice city?

I think I liked GTA4 more, but GTA5 was the better game overall.

They're both small time. JC2 destroys them.

What if they're all really shitty and there's never been a good GTA?

The online component's update today deleted all my real money in their failed attempt to correct for all the fake money, so fuck them. Anything's better than the housefire that is GTA V, stay away unless you're just playing to cheat.

I think maybe my problem is that I outgrew GTA by the time 5 came out. I tried to replay SA recently, and once I got over the nostalgia factor it was pretty boring. Then later I played LCS for the first time and couldn't get past the start of the second island because everything felt like a chore. Aimlessly stealing cars and running people over just doesn't do it for me anymore, and the missions have always been tedious outside of a few notable exceptions.

I think the only open-world game I still enjoy fucking around in is Red Faction Guerrilla.

GTA IV had charm because niko, luis, and johnny were human, well written, had contrasting personalities and they clash with each other along the story in a subtle but very interesting way, they all want out of the game yes but they have different reasons to do so and pursue different goals. theres the serbian guy who wants revenge but ends up seeking a peacefull life, Luis wants the best for his mother ones his boss Tony, instead of complaining about what he could have done he takes it, as he is sick of being stepped over. Johnny wants to keep his brotherhood together after the many hits it gets during the story.

GTA V is souless because the three protags are just three stereotypes taped together in a very weak story about all of them being fbi's bitch, theres the random psycho guy who is mentally unstable and somehow doesn't die, the other psycho that is a failure of a father because the only thing he wants is to murder and steal stuff less expensive that what he already has, and the other one is just a spineless Carl Johnson. none of them have future goals or ambitions, they are just going with the flow i guess. all of this happening in a seamingly empty city and a barren wildland with some trailers on the edge of the map, since the map is so fucking big the game is less detailed compared to his predecesor, cars somehow drive worse than in IV and the gunplay has zero improvements over IV

Most headshots are lethal, if they survive they are disabled, but most disabled enemies do stand up and walk away

Remove yourself.

Lag compensation in that game was awful.

its 5. 4 was boring and brown and the cars handled like utter shit. SA was even better despite being balls to the wall hard in places.

How come only casuals say this? The driving in 4 at the very least wasn't hotwheels tier like 5.

V on the merit of having a much better map. IV tried to fit every NYC neighborhood into its map where each neighborhood became around 1-2 blocks in size in game. The end result is that the city looks like frankenstein's monster.

60% of it is just empty space, the city is just a boring fusion of 2 grids and countryside has only like 3 roads that lead anywhere which you have to use every single time. IV's map is vastly superior in terms of gamepay.

I didn't mind this to much since if you walked it seemed much larger. And at least the areas were dense and fleshed out. Not just boring desert or long roads full of little to nothing on each side.

sa > 4 > 5

You could say that about most games–
That they're just prototypes for something in the future that will be good, through and through.

What now? Do I need to play it all over again? Again?

babby's first gta. yeah i hear ya

For pure fun factor jc2 IS very gta3, there we are agreed

wouldn't it be platinumy if we learned the reason the housers evicted benzies was because he lead V's story development into shitsville

GTA:SA had the best Knight Rider mod (those SPM anims in embed related holy shit), better MP mods (fuck SAMP though) and much more to do than IV.

Go fuck yourself if you say GTA IV or V has better mods, better Multiplayer or that FiveReborn is any good.

Also

GTA:Online's netcode is even worse, I can't imagine how many times my Stratum or Ingot was hit by some faggot in their T20 just because lag.

Oh, and the AI is pozzed. They are (((deliberately))) accelerating if you speed past them on a intersection, ie the one near Alta St.

He already addressed you, calm your tits.

GTA IV has superior tech, physics, AI, story, multiplayer, and structure.

That said, GTA V isn't that bad and arguably has a better setting, gameplay variety, and humor.

Best GTA's are Vice City and San Andreas by far.

Best GTA clones are Saints Row 2 and Just Cause 2.

Taking cover and crouching are both viable options, enemy AI is dynamic and will take cover, change tactics, and retreat as needed. Cops are called by pedestrians or witness the crime directly and will attempt to arrest the player or otherwise deal with them non-lethally before escalating to trying to kill the player. Melee weapons and fists all have unique movesets, enemies can be stunned with blows to the head or stabs.
Weapons are abundant and fully-customizable, however crouching is not possible and player can only take cover behind certain obstacles. Enemy AI is static, random pedestrians including and not limited to gang members as well as normal people will attack the player unprovoked simply for staying still in the area. Cops are called by pedestrians as well as FUCKING ANIMALS and will witness crimes and engage the player even in the wilderness and other secluded areas, they will immediately shoot at the player and attempt to kill them even at the lowest wanted level. Melee weapons including fists are all static one-hit kills with no specific movesets.

More realistic if a bit floaty handling. Cars will take damage and damage the environment dynamically, high-speed crashes can result in getting launched out the windshield for some humorous shenanigans. Helicopters, boats, motorcycles, forklifts, and military LAV's in one of the expansions are available to commandeer.
Tighter but less-realistic handling. Cars are fully-customizable, however their damage model isn't especially prominent and they do not damage the environment. High speed crashes can also sometimes result in getting launched out of windshield but will immediately kill the player in most cases. Much more variety in vehicles though including most aircraft like helicopters, jets, planes, and blimps, as well as tanks, LAV's, golf carts, ATV's, motorcycles, bicycles, and boats among others.

Highly dynamic, will react to the player and environment in many ways, limbs can be damaged, NPC's can be revived by paramedics if hurt or arrested by police if committing a crime.
Static and questionable, only interacts with the player by being dicks and engaging in combat with the player whether they're provoked or not. Will often be killed in combat without any potential of non-lethal attacks, can't be revived by paramedics and cops will kill NPC's committing crimes instead of arresting them.

Full city is available for all players in the server to interact with. Highly-customizable game modes and almost fully-supports mods.
City is available for all players in the server to interact with. Game modes are mostly-customizable and custom maps can also be created, characters are also more customizable. However the devs have taken an antagonistic stance towards mods due to the multiplayer having a more-controlled, MMO-like structure with in-game currency, updates and events, and most-dubious: microtransactions.

If I had to choose gameplay wise, it would be gta 4. The online was way funner for me. Cops didn't fucking kill you in less then 5 seconds, when have a shootout with them. One of the activities me and my friends enjoyed, was freeplay. We basically would start agitating the cops at the airport, to get a 4 star wanted level. We then make are way all across the map on foot only, picking up weapons as we made are long sprint across streets, & alleyways to reach our destination. Which was the top corner of the map, thee industrial zone with the prison. All the while trying not to die not even once. It was sort of survival with a occasionally stop have a shootout then start sprinting again, not stopping in one area for too long to keep momentum. It was really fun way better then gta 5 shit multiplayer, physics also made it for a more enjoyable experience.

I remember having friends

Never modded after gta3
Once r* started penalising you for making a mistake with mods (becuz muh DRM) I stopped. I think this is one of the reasons the gta3 series were so good – you could mod the shit out of them

Sounds like a shi7tonne of fun, actually, m8.

Yep. I too game alone

That's a theme from Big O Right?

It definitely is.

As for gaming friends I got only one left. We all deserted each other for real life bullshit, & mostly for different taste in games.

Yes, the intro specifically one if memory serves me right. Shame that it is dead.

I need to re watch it. I don't even really remember whats happening in that anime, except a city of amnesia with giant robots. Which I think is a good thing. I wish I could forget certain video games and animu to re experience them.

Neither of them. GTA is stale as fuck now. It's gotten to the point where the cynical, sardonic social criticism of America has become the same writers mutually masturbating each other, belaboring the same points ad nauseum.

What GTA needs is to evolve. There's so much more they can do than LOLmerica shit. If I want that, I can listen to a Carlin routine for free on YouTube.

the writing sure was shit.

There's so much more they can do with the series. GTA returns to London? GTA meets LA Noire? GTA where you play as a cop a la Sleeping Dogs with the ability to arrest/frame people like in True Crime NYC?

Sure, the gameplay by and large is still the same, and that's fine. Who doesn't want to run around causing havoc? But the problem's that the narratives are so grating to the nerves that it's a chore to even do that anymore.

Case in point: Jimmy de Santa.

And there's something else that they could do. You likely won't see giant robots duking it out, but a noirish world like Paradigm City could very well be a good fit for GTA.

That's not how physics works.

GTA 5. I just fucking hate Niko. I don't even like GTA 5's main characters but even they're better than Niko"Even though I have thousands of dollars in my pocket and progressed 70% of the game already I'm still going to beg for money and jobs" Bellic

>[Eyes opened to the possibility of a cool story]

I think he was referring to the original TLaD ending and then what happened to the characters left from TLaD in GTA:V.

Now that Take Two is DMCAing mods, both are shit

GTA V by a significant margin. GTA IV is the "I sniff my own farts and am a hipster over games that make a billion dollars" favourite.

At least it has working mirrors.

Found the retard

I still prefer that 1 flaw over the dozens the characters in the new game have tbh.

Nice video. This makes me want to play GTA IV

Yep, it's Holla Forums alright.

Also, kill yourself.

>implying there aren't sufficient quantities of 13yo so hardcore gamers like yourself who have no idea how good gta was in the past because babby's-own-gta is the first they've played

I was about to embed one of the numerous comparisons showing ways that GTA V is technically & mechanically inferior to GTA IV but people already posted some.

God fucking damn, dude I created this thread for shits and giggles 5 days ago and people are still posting in it.

Makes me have a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

shit didn't mean to reply to that other guy

I created a THE BEST thread on /mu/ that lasted for over two years until it was killed when the boards crashed

The what now? Also no one mentioned the switch-a-nigger multiple PC retardation mechanic?

This thread inspired me to pirate and play GTA IV for the first time, since I disliked GTA V.
All I can say is that the story feels a lot more personal than V's, even if it's usually obvious what'll happen next.
I debated for a solid hour on whether to kill Playboy or Dwanye. I killed Playboy.
I had gone on 8 dates will Michelle and we had fucked told stories to each other at least 5 times. She was really cute. I was completely blindsided by her betrayal because I thought she was more of a side-quest thing and I had gotten semi-attached to her. I was actually sad when she had her big reveal.
I prefer the cars in GTA IV for their stickier handling but also because there's large, noticeable differences in speed and turning circle between cars, unlike V.
Cops take a lot more bullets to kill in IV too, as does Niko. Bullet impacts feel solid, like you/they were actually shot instead of just doing a flinch animation like in V. After being brought to low health cop dialogue makes me unironically uncomfortable and regretful. That 'I'm gonna be okay, I'm gonna be okay!' one is the worst. In V cop dialogue is just 'fuck you' '[insert hilarious redneck sterotype]' or some variation on 'I'm going to kill you'. Cops in IV feel human, is what I'm trying to say. I also majorly prefer one character that's fleshed out and given a believable non-comical backstory, even if Niko himself is a shoehorned life-lesson spouting edgy machine sometimes.

if youre primarily playing the campaign and want comfy "ambience" and a lack of depth, but exploration and shit like that are your focus, go with 5.

if you want a replayable game with insane amounts of depth in the AI and you primarily want to drive around and fuck with people and experiment, then 4.

5 was fun for a playthrough and doing a few extra things. but 4 wins the long game that i'm able to come back to after extended periods of time

GTA IV has probably the most unlikable characters I've ever seen in a game, baring Watchdogs 2

Terrible stereotypes, terrible voice acting, terrible writing for them, none of their reactions to events make sense even if their motivations do to commit them

Worse is you're forced to interact with the fuckers over and over. Don't want to do missions for the retard jock "Bro"? Too bad, you have to do them anyways so the game continues.

Having come from GTA Vice City and GTA 3 I fucking hated it, mechanically and visually the game was great (Other than butter tire vehicles) but everything else made me feel like punching the screen

Because a sports car shouldn't need 5 lanes and a sidewalk to pull a u turn. Every car in 4 handled like an old boat.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

So why in the flying fuck did rockstar decide to make their helicopters auto stabilize? shit is way to arcady for anyone to enjoy! I'm mad as hell

I felt the same until I played V

I liked nobody. None of the side characters, none of the protagonists. Was miserable from start to finish, even though the game was trying so hard to be whacky and shoving "WOAH LOOK HOW MUCH EPIC FUN YOU'RE HAVING WOW" moments in my face constantly.

The only GTA I ever enjoyed was San Andreas, and even that ran out of steam and turned into pure repetitive shit 60% of the way through. Open world games were a mistake.

Maybe you're driving like a fucking at max speed then. I think you just need to git gud at driving. It's miles ahead of V.

Like a fucking spaz*
time for bed.

because they are marketing a game to console plebs

Have you played a GTA game before?

ANSWER C
I don't like either game.

From what I've seen the zombies in the GTA 5 mod have better AI than in 4's zombie mod.

IV's all only charge at you and try to kill you, but in 5 they actually attack other people besides the player character and they aren't always aware of your position.

The question was which was better not your hipster opinion.

I hated that shit HATED IT! When I play a game, I immerse myself in the character, when they make multiple protagonists they force me out of it and remind me i'm playing as them and not that character, if that makes any sense. Every time I played gtaV I was reminded I was just some asshole playing the game instead of the protagonist dealing with a life of crime.

I hear you, user. Vice City for me, though.

GTA V's problem is that the characters were straight trash. It was basically Male PMS the game with how whiny Michael/Trevor were.

And that's even if you could get past how utterly unlikeable Michael's family is, especially that NEET fuck Jimmy.

I can tolerate discussions about lore and mythbuilding in vidya, but seriously… who the actual fuck gives a shit about a video game story? Do you retards watch porn for the plot, also?

If the plot is good, why not? As long as I can skip that shit if I choose I see no problems with it.

Go back to tetris faglord

You truly don't belong here shill.

Plot in a GTA game decides the nature of the main missions
Interesting plot = interesting missions, but not all the time well executed
GTA IV had a mildly complex plot, which was executed with plenty of hitman objectives, ambushes, retrieval missions and some cringe moments. Got repetitive but the tasks changed in nature depending who gave it to you
V had a trash plot, which was executed with inconsequential tasks, downright recycled retrieval missions and bread & butter shoot-outs, having to quench the interest with downright bizarre side-jobs, like the Epsilon quest, which was cool but somewhat wasted potential in some of its jobs

Vice City had memorable jobs because of the plot potential, San Andreas was a retarded rainbow quest for the same reason, same with 3 that had very gritty sequences

Sports car handle well even at high speed. They are literally made for it.
Why is it whenever some retard falsely claims that 4's driving is "realistic" and gets called out the retort is always git gud when it doesn't make sense to begin with.

So you choose to be a cuck?

I want britbongs to leave

Since this thread exist, what are some good GTA SA mods? Specially sex mods.

I don't understand how people don't like the car handling of 4. I thought it was great fun. Every handbrake turn and corner felt like more skill needed to be involved.

GTA IV easily since I can actually enter the fucking Burger Shots and half the buildings. Also, V felt really dull in terms of gameplay and shit you could do.

GTA V with double speed mod and realistic cars is definitely my favorite, but the only thing I do is drive around and look for jumps. I liked the car physics in 4 more but the possibilities in V just trump it straight out, if your intention is solely jumping cars.

What would GTA 5 be like if Rockstar was not a bunch of Jews,and gave people dedicated server hosting software?

Better. Why are you asking questions you already know the answer to?

I think you've answered your own question there m8
Daily reminder, gta5 is babby's first gta

GTA 4 is the only gta with vaguely realistic car handling

that doesnt make it "good" because they put race simulation driving in a game with fucking gridlock NY traffic with no open road in sight