Online multiplayer a shit

Why are recent online multiplayer games so bad?
How did we go from Quake/Counter strike/Halo 2 to this? or was it always like this and im just blinded by nostalgia

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/yxwOo#selection-4059.0-4107.64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fix't

Multiplayer has always been shit, regardless of game or online/offline.

t. underage

Stop playing shit games you ninny. I can't vouch for racing, but there are plenty of shooters that are good and you can always play a strategy game, RTS, or fightan game.

You're not looking hard enough.

They're not bad, they're just far below the standard you grew up with.

This hurts me to say these modern games aren't for people pushing 30+.

Moon Gravity, Rust, Shotguns and Sentry Guns only, still good for a mindless laugh.

Every promising shooter in the last couple of years either has a shit –whiny base, shit developers or is just shit in general.
I heard there was another Quake but I've been too busy to look into it.

You know all those shitty people who you grew up around who never played video games and pretty much thought they were a joke? Yeah, they are the ones that are playing video games now enmass and the industry fucking loves them.

This so fucking much. It feels like I'm playing Burnout.

Lol, unless its some PC simulator with an autistic comunity they always turn into people just ramming each other and using every dirty trick to win

fuck off

Old games had great maps that were fun to play for the thousandth time, likely werent rushed out sequels, had loads of content on the disk and didnt try to milk you for shekels in any form, and above all else had fast matchmaking. Matchmaking in games now is so horribly slow, its like they forgot you actually want to play the game instead of watching a spinny icon saying how much time had passed.

Name me some active MP games without cash shops?

while all the kiddies that thought they'd use you as a turning cushion go flying into the wall, and damaging their vehicle beyond racing in the first 20 seconds, you take off and show them real racing. It's great.

They've always been shit. There's just regenerating health, microtransactions, paid boosts, and everything being made for consoles with inferior/simplified control mechanics.
wew

I don't play online games anymore. When I was a kid I could spend all my free time playing it and do well. Now I suck though and don't have the time to improve so I can compete with these kids. This is probably your problem too OP. You just suck now and it's not fun to lose. Single player games are the way to go.

it's because game developers have figured out that the players are the game. you make a multiplayer-centered game and you don't need any fucking content because normalfags are totally content to just run circles around your tiny maps and shoot each other, so you can ignore the usual hurdles of writing a story that isn't retarded, hiring voice actors who don't suck and making levels that have flow and direction

It has champions and skills like Overwatch.

Not required for consoles….especially for fps.

For fucks sake, how many of you fuckers are pushing 40?

And it only took them 20 years

Do tell when you're ready to play and discuss AFPS.
archive.fo/yxwOo#selection-4059.0-4107.64

It's pretty fun tbh.

Turning 33 in a few weeks, user. I share this pain.

I grew up with HL:OpFor DM, Tribes, TFC, EverQuest, Science and Industry.. and so many.

These days, it's all about e-sports faggotry, 360noscopes set to dubstep, and all of the recent muh diversity bullshit.

I no longer have a single, clear identifiable emotion except apathy and disgust.

Normalfags, casuals, everyone's parents and retarded cousins took an interest in gaming around the mid 00s, forever tainting the playerbase. It became mainstream instead of staying with a slight social stigmata. Everything that caters to the masses and gets its interest is forever tainted by trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator (which usually means either the Jew in marketing/accounting or someone suffering from down syndrome)

Should try Insurgency/Day of Infamy, barely better than half life graphics but good gameplay and satisfying guns. DoI has good immersive maps like D-Day, Bastogne, etc. They're twitchy but that's shooters and at least they have realistic recoil and maps that make sniping situational. I like Killing Floor too though so maybe we have different taste.

Should try Insurgency/Day of Infamy, barely better than half life graphics but good gameplay and satisfying guns. Very in the vein of Day of Defeat/original CoD/MoH/RO. DoI has good immersive maps like D-Day, Bastogne, etc. They're twitchy but that's shooters and at least they have realistic recoil and maps that make sniping situational. I like Killing Floor too though so maybe we have different taste.

Woops sorry shit was fucky

are you basing anything youre saying on experience or are you just repeating things you heard because youre upset about video games in general?