Tfw Ever Oasis looks great but you know its going to be DOA at launch

Tfw Ever Oasis looks great but you know its going to be DOA at launch

I've learnt time and time again that the mainstream majority cannot deal with fantasy that isn't western. If its chinese/generic oriental themed you get the 'i'm not racist, but-' crowd talking about how games have no place being anything but "skyrim style worlds" which is bad enough and then you have the far rarer Arabian Nights style that a few games like Fable 3 tried and were met with total outrage and butthurt over.

Maybe its because growing up in the 1990's meant you got cool shit like Aladdin and pre pozzed D&D but i have no problem with an arabian themed rpg, god knows elements of certain final fantasy and secrets of mana games had it in them. And now we have some of the secrets of mana and final fantasy teams making an action rpg townbuilder on 3ds and while it looks great and probably is going to be a solid 7/10 game i have a certain expectation the "muh sandniggers" mainstream reaction means its going to be a bomb.

What do you expect?

I expect yet another case of distinguished developer from 20 years ago makes a thoroughly mediocre game. However, I am ready to be pleasantly surprised.
I'm not concerned so much with the setting, so much as the game just being bland.

It is going to be DOA at launch because no one knows this game actually exists. I have not seen any mention since it got announced and any discussion for it is non-existent.

don't care even slightly

We live in an age where you dont go 'oh hey whats this, lets pick it up and try it' where game store shelves are a gamble in a sea of unkown ips.

Now it all rides on an existing name or a developer whos payed a screamer streamer meme queen to tell their targets to 'get hype' about a release. The days of picking up a blind new ip are gone for most.

It's a classic mistake of making a great new IP for a dead console. If this launched on Switch as a new IP it would be fucking stellar, but since it's a new IP on a dying system it will be ignored and forgotten. Which is a fucking shame because it looks great, chibi/moe shit aside.

I suspect that I will pirate it, play it for an hour and never think of it again.

It looks stupid and it's on a Nintendo Handheld so I expect bad things. I don't fucking care in the slightest because as said chibi is for kids.

More like the 3DS isn't strong enough to make any other art style look good.

Should have released it on PC. I couldn't care less.

why would you want to play games on a non-portable console

b/c Quentin told you to?

I was at gamestop recently for reasons of just browsing, saw this game and looked closer at it. The game looks fun, I'm going to try it at least. It deserves that much

Who cares if other people are playing it? If it's good, play it, if not, don't. Simple as that.

metroid hunters and crimson shroud were passable

The treehouse localized it so I'm not even gonna bother

Why would you ever play one of those in the first place? Even if you accidentally bought an NA or EU 3DS, you can CFW around regions.

Fuck I love that game. Crimson Shroud uses wobbling figurines and has no complex animations of any kind, Granted, it works great and the models are well done but you can see how limited it is. It really needs a follow up, it's a fucking travesty that some of Sakimoto's best work is relatively unknown because the game is so niche.

You sound like an immigrant, going on about racism as if it's something everyone thinks about constantly. What will kill this game is Nintendo's lack of marketing. No one will even notice when it releases, they'll just send it out to die so they can focus on more pokeymans and mayreeos.

Not all of us know japanese cunt

Being a Guild fan sucked.

The sooner you get to fixing that, the better off you'll be.

They alienated PC players by making Fable 2 a console exclusive. I mean, if I play 1 and 3, I'll be missing a huge chunk of the plot, so why bother?

Get out

No
It is on a handheld.
It is an original IP.
Any other design aspect is overshadowed by those two points.

I learned about it when researching the group that did the HD remakes of LoZ:OoT and MM for 3DS.
It looks like a videogame to me.
To me it looks ''fun'.
I will enjoy it.
I expect no sequel.
EA has two games that look fun to me:
Fe and Sea of Solitude.
Neither were mentioned yesterday as far as I know.
I don't think they are going to come out.

Ever Oasis looks like Zelda because basic puzzles for 5 year olds crossed with Kingdom Hearts right down to the sound effects and gauges to the slow down flare thing that happens when you beat a boss.
I think that is just fine because to me while I believe BotW is a 10/10, technically Nintendo still hasn't made a Zelda since Skyward and Nomura sure as fuck isn't finishing Kingdom Hearts 3 any time soon.

I expect it to fall into moderate obscurity like Musashi Samurai Legend.

That if anything makes it possible for it to be big.

Is memehouse locizing it?

It's too cutesy for me.

It pretty much exists. Yeah, leftists do cry wolf, but a lot of folks don't like non-white or settings.

Well there's quite a few things on that cover I'd fuck, so yeah I'd check it out.

So fucking what? If you want less white people, stop speaking white languages or moving to white countries or trying to participate in white economic systems.

Seiken Densetsu collection sold well in Japan, and this is a sort of continuation of the series by the series creator, also it just plain looks fucking great and looks like a good evolution of the core SD gameplay.

I'm buying a copy and I hope it does well, it looks like something genuinely good from the gameplay I've seen.

My point wasn't so much that chibi is for kids, so much as chibi rpgs are the only thing the 3ds does anymore. It's overdone.

I'm seriously going to buy it just for that sweet female lizard ass.

Well, that's all the convincing I need.

Are you me?

Called the track you linked before I clicked it. Good choice. Allow me to post another.

I'm buying it, but I don't expect it to do well. At best, it will be a sleeper hit without any real sequel, like Fantasy Life was - highly loved by its core crowd but not selling enough to justify a continuation.

Man, I almost never see Crimson Shroud mentioned here. It's too bad we'll never get more.

I didn't like that so much. It just felt very shallow, there wan't a lot of depth to the different professions and most of them were pretty similar. All the crafting ones used the same minigame for example, and the combat class missions are all just "go kill 10 wolves".

Imagine how good a sequel that varied them up more would be.

Instant dealbreaker.

Just play it in Japanese

Why do you suggest learning japaneese as if it's so easy

While not easy, it's far from impossible, and it's a pretty fundamental skill for video games.

Where do you suggest learning it then? I'm not exactly sure where I'd go to do that

I started in school myself, but you could try the learning threads that are a regular fixture on Holla Forums:

Thank you

My pleasure, user. Good luck!

By school do you mean school or college? Are there high schools that do moon lessons?

High school, continued in college, so yeah, there are high schools that do them. I think my middle school offered them too.

My high school did.

Wow, I never knew that.
wew

Top kek, bongistan never ceases to amaze although i've never heard of public high schools offering moon as a foreign language option either. My HS in NY only offered French, Italian, Spanish and Latin as language choices, though the year I graduated I remember the school sending every student a ballot to vote on whether there was enough interest in Chinese (standard Mandarin i think) being added.

I hope for their sake they said "no"

are you high? do you even remember crouching tiger hidden dragon? or naruto, or dragon ball, or a billion other damn animes that are popular in the west?

I don't know what to expect since I've never heard of the game before this thread.
Tell me more, faggot.

Yeah…

What does that matter? If it looks good to you, play it. Unless it's a game that depends on multiplayer, who cares if other people are playing it?

Because if it bombs, it'll never see a successor, spiritual or otherwise.

Case in point:

But Dragon Ball is Journey to the West

He means darkies. Shit about asians usually does alright.

oh shit I actually forgot that game existed, I think it looks good but I have fuck all money and im going to be playing stormblood by that time anyway. Still though im gonna get that game as fast as I can assuming I remember to get it.
I haven't been playing a lot on my 3ds in general though but thats mostly because I go out even less than I used to.

they alienated everyone by making fable 2 complete dogshit.

Okay