Etrian Odyssey

Recomend me the best 3ds one.

Well you have a choice between IV or playing V in japanese, there aren't any other EO games on the 3ds at the moment.
Oh wait I forgot about the mystery dungeon spin-off, it's just a mystery dungeon game with an EO skin but technically it's still an EO game.

What about the milenium girl ?

Also which one has the best classes, and synergies between them?

1 is ok, 2 is shit and I never played 4

Go with Etrian Odyssey IV or Untold Classic Mode. 2U is filled with Day 1 on-cart DLC.

4 hands down.
Untold is a remake of 1, and as 1 had… wonky everything at best, it's a bit of a mess still. Fun game if you like the series though, and the best way to play 1.
Untold 2 is a remake of what many consider to be the best game, but fucked to hell and back with horrible systems and HP bloat out the ass.

5 is coming out soon in english and is pretty fun, some classes feel pretty useless but overall it's great.

Going with 4 first then
Thanks

Everything after 2 is shit. Untold was a mistake.

V sucks but it got announced for an English release.

Oh, and sorry for doubleposting, but the best Etrian Odyssey game is 7th Dragon, the DS one

Who cares? You wouldn't play an Atlus game in English anyway

7th Dragon is extremely poorly balanced in that it's way too easy 99% of the time, and then the difficulty spikes randomly when you meet an enemy that spams instant death/petrify. It's also incredibly tedious thanks to shit like the dragon bloom, even with the optional fan patch that reduces damage from the bloom and the encounter rate.

ETRIAN ODYSSEY 3

EVERYTHREAD

just revive your party :^)

Why yes I love ebin Tumblr webcomic references too

Are Untold Kiddies really so angry about a Pepe?

I thought Persona 5 has a decent english localisation.

I'm an EO2fag, silly. What Pepe?

Anything looks decent compared to the kind of localizations Persona usually gets. Truth is, there's no such thing as a decent localization.

To be fair, Days of Ruin was less localization and more an honest to god improvement of the original script. Definitely a minority case though, not disagreeing with your overall point.

Yeah, I can't speak on games I've never even heard of, so I shouldn't deal in absolutes. Just, having seen what happens in localizations in both directions, and knowing what I do about the languages in question, I've simply hit the point where I won't play a game in anything but it's original language.

As I said, I agree with you. Still, it wouldn't be fair to erase the very few instances where they actually did it, the absolute madmen.
I'm surprised there are people on Holla Forums who haven't played Advance Wars, though. Grab mGBA and yarhar the GBA ones ASAP.

Right, not trying to be combative.
Isn't Advance Wars the foreign name for Famicom Wars? I played the GBA ones and the DS one, but I've never seen anything that looked like that one.

Oh, whoops. Days of Ruin was a spinoff for the DS. I'll admit it looks like the typical shitty gritty reboot, but it was actually enjoyable despite going from "What's an airport" to, well, that.

Yeah, looking at it on Wiki, it seems like it was a Western exclusive title, so it might not even be a "localization" technically, looks to be something more like FF USA/Mystic Quest

okay what the fuck is this bearenstein bears shit

Play 4, you should finish it on time to play 5 right after, then Untold 1 and 2 classic modes I suppose, I haven't play the Untold games on the DS ones.

IIRC, popular opinion when this was asked before was that the first 3DS game (IV) and the first Untold game on 3DS are good.

I think one of the games is fucking awful (either 5 or Untold 2) but I'm not certain. All I remember is that it's due to a class being very OP that makes the game a cake-walk.

Playing with the map-making mode on is encouraged.
Whether you play the story or make your own characters is encouraged depends on which one you play.

You're thinking of Untold 2. Just leave it alone and play the original, its' a great game.

Fucking no, most of the fun is making your own party that synergises well, and story has no place in EO.