New Kingdom hearts III trailer.

Getting Roxas back, uh? Please, let Xion get back as well

Other urls found in this thread:

u.nya.is/ajqqcm.mp4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You thought FF15 was too close to vaporware? Just you wait, lad

Cool, wake me up when it's on PC.

I should've fucking guessed.

I've tried to play KH for ages but it's really really bad, why is it so liked?

So when do we get Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar and Gravity Falls?

How can you even feel hype for a game when you know it won't drop for another 3-5 years? It's not even something really "new" either, it looks exactly like a sequel to KH2.

Definitely an acquired taste thing. The gameplay/combat is pretty fun (especially in the 2nd game) but if you can't get passed the absurd Disney x Final Fantasy crossover shit, with a ridiculously tryhard 2deep5u plot to boot, you're not going to like it. Adults who enjoy kingdom hearts are quite literally manchildren, I should know since I am one.

I don't even mind the crossover stuff, but the game just feels bad to control.
Half of the time the enemy you have to hit is floating above you, which means that you have to constantly jump to get to him. And for some reason this was still done even though the jumping feels really floaty and bad.

Then you have Donald and Goofy which are supposed to be your support characters but have some of the most simplistic AI I have ever seen which makes them largely worthless in any situation.

The gameplay is just really really meh, and despite me being completely on board with the idea, even though FFxDisney is very very gay, it just feels like a chore to get through.

To be fair it does seem like this stuff was mostly fixed in KH3, but still.

The KH story is such a convoluted poorly written mess that isn't even funny.

When is Utada coming back for the next opening theme?

The OG kingdom hearts is relatively awkward gameplay wise although it does get better after you get more combat and movement abilities high jump especially makes dealing with aerial enemies a lot easier.

Still I managed to have enoigh fun with it and it even has shit like parries which are enjoyable to pull off against the endgame bosses. This is all coming from a guy who just finished the first game on the PS4

Why is Chain of Memories combat system so enjoyable?

Anybody have the remove darkness pasta?

Here's the video
u.nya.is/ajqqcm.mp4
All I can take from this is Maleficent plans to conquer Mecca for some reason

I'm going to save my waifu

That music sounds familiar. Where's it from?

I'll be pissed if they try to clean up the plot and try to make it less convoluted and confusing.

Orchestral version of vid related, probably played either played at the concert before the trailer was shown or it's in KH3
Probably both

I heard it in the background a lot elsewhere, but never cared enough to find out where it's from. So is the OST for 2.8 officially out? Hell, did the Dream Drop Distance Music get orchestrated like the other games did?

What is it 2006?

Doesn't look like there's going to be one, since most of the songs are remixes of other songs except for the final boss theme (The 3-4 levels use a remixes of Night of Dark Dream and Night Of Tragedy, Aqua boss uses a remix of Aqua's theme etc.)

As for reorchestrating the music for 3d, having played through most of it I don't believe it does, although the music sounds much better/cleaner/simpler
That's probably because 3ds speakers are terrible though

I think something's wrong with me

It's in the same vein of being excited thinking how disappointing something will be.

Notice how it's not longer in 60 fps.

My dick is longer in 60 fps.

Ha ha.
Fuck squeenix.

does anyone actually know the kingdom hearts story?

i tried to read synopsis but even that is impossible

Basically dude travels around parallel worlds and unfuck things.
Occasionally he gets a split personality manifesting into separate character because magic, who then merges back in granting him more power but disappearing as a person.
It's not that difficult really, it's just presented in convoluted manner.

I can't get into chain of memories. It just pisses me off. I don't know if I just don't understand it or what but I always run out of cards. I can't bother myself to keep going after two or three worlds

See

Just a reminder that 'she' is just an apparition of an incomplete Sora. Your trap husbando is never coming back.

fuck, man

I know. It's that fucking convoluted.
It's actually worth a watch though. I thought it was quite entertaining and you can watch it in multiple sessions.

WHEN IS THE RESIDENT EVIL STORY TIME YOU BASTARD

Better than constant framerate drops? I guess? I mean in an action game where it can require some really serious timing frame rate drops can really ruin it for you so I guess they felt it would be easier to just do 30fps?

Something else is bothering me about the combat. Seeing Sora do all this crazy shit I'm not getting a KH2 or even 1 vibe from this. I'm getting 358/2 days vibe with it's really spazzy attack animations and awful physics making nearly all your moves miss.
Really like that shield weapon though. It's pretty rad.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid because a lot of things I like have either gone to shit really quickly or violently died before their time.

Those two admittedly have simplistic AI still in the first game, but their power comparative to yours until much later levels as well as that they're definitely smarter in all respects (from item management to use of skills to being able to keep up with you) than they are in sequels makes them much more useful in Kingdom Hearts 1. For reference in Kingdom Hearts 1 you can fairly safely give Donald or Goofy some potions and ethers and they'll hang onto them until it'd actually be a good idea to use them; in Kingdom Hearts 2 you'll find yourself immediately confiscating the stash of potions both characters come with because they'll waste them all in two seconds after getting scratched.

No, it's basically having constantly half of the frames dropping.
They needed two generations to bring KH2 to 60 fps, I guess KH3 collection something on PS6 will be the way to play it properly.

The black box they're referring to is likely in the possession of Luxu. Who knows what it contains. Probably something that augments Kingdom Hearts, somehow.

minor kingdom hearts fag here, have beaten most of the games 100%, ask me anything

Why do you like this gay shit?

I think the combat is fun. Especially in some of the spinoffs, like Chain of Memories and 3D. 2 is…gratifying to play at points, and while the reaction command is an issue, it's an overstated one. People treat it like you can just press triangle and win against anything whenever when really, most of the hardest bosses don't have a saving grace like that. I don't think reaction commands are ever coming back, though.

As a kid, I liked Final Fantasy a lot, but now I'm honestly more partial to the humor of the series. It has some pretty funny jokes here and there. The Master of Masters makes me chuckle. It's pretty gay, though. I'm also not interested like I used to be, it's hard to keep blind adoration for a series that hasn't had a main title in like seven years. I got a job and shit now.

Thank you for a sincere answer

Hey no sweat, thanks for not bullying me about my shitty taste.

If I remember correctly, one of their most useful aspects was their free auto-revive. That and the way I remember magic working were two of the better decisions in terms of mechanics with companions.

Hades looks good
Get ready for Frozen___

Also what the fuck is this thing?

I find it funny that even late game they're relevant.
Because of good AI and inherent abilities beyond ones listed. Like donald having a much easier time casting spells than you at a much faster pace unless you cheat and jump cancel spells. Or that Goofy's MP gift is hilariously broken due to always having MP to spare meaning you never really drop below a certain amount as long as he's alive.

I honestly don't understand the nerf to partners. For a series that emphasized working together and friendship. The later games really just made them a burden and then active fodder to use and power up yourself being the only incentive for keeping them alive (and they even nerfed that).

I'm just assuming they wanted stability. And found that trying to reach 60 FPS and KEEP it that way too tedious? I don't really know how japs develop their games. I just know that KH is really, REALLY slow on making 60fps a thing for their games. Perhaps it being a newer game might make it easier to update it to such standards. But I doubt it.

Keyblade Masters can transform their weapons into stuff, even things like vehicles.
It's probably some kind of new power up he can use. As for what it actually IS? Fuck if I know, maybe some kind of gun?

How likely is it that this game gets released on PC/Switch?

Pretty fucking low my man.

Why though?

Also, are those cooldowns or what?

yeah i know about the keyblade morphing and stuff but that buttplug-like thing doesn't look like anything they shown thus far.

Why is Sora so over powered for a little kid that came from an island

The keyblade is one of the most if not the most (if you include the X blade) powerful and versatile weapon in existence. Also sora unknowingly powergaming by splitting up parts of himself and reconnecting them.

Oh neat a texture pack for FFXV.

Sora's Keyblade is waaaaaaay stronger than the χ-blade.

I mean, maybe if it had worked properly, it would have been stronger. But Sora is like three or four people put together at this point, which makes his Keyblade stronger.

if you like kingdom hearts, you're either 12 years old or an autistic manchild

You wish FF15 played anything like KH.

Why are Ansem and Xehanort alive? I thought they both were killed.

They can time travel.

I'm sorry your giga autist fan fic exercise is the same tired shit as another old and busted ip but its shit and you are shit for liking it still.

neither of them are particularly good guys
why are you arguing about which shit is tastier

What the fuck am i reading?

It's a squeenix thread, what do you think?

I just know this is coming out in 2018.

If you played .2 you woulda known.
The three triangles up top represent completed combo strings, one for each, and when you complete 4 you get a super command on triangle
Also what you use in the combo modifies what you get, so in one combo there he used alot of thunder, in the other he used alot of fire
They have a timer and you must use them before it hit's zero, or ya lose the thing

High chance considering its coming to the Xbone.
No chance

I remember joking with my friends back in 2008 that this game wasn't going to come out until 2020.

Looks like they've taken elements from BBS and added it into the battle system.

This really isn't that uncommon. It's just that this shit kept getting delayed.

FUCK

There are drive forms though. They morph the keyblade this time, so the shield is one.

I'm glad we're getting some new stuff on KH III though I've been waning on hope of this game ever coming out and noto becoming a meme.

I know, I was joking

Now

Disney/FF partners always auto-revive after a certain amount of time unless you get 'em up earlier, yeah. They get up on their own but typically it's more economical to get them up yourself since they're back in the fight that much sooner, and in better shape than if they'd gotten up on their own.

I think the games like to mouthbreathe about working together and friendship but from Chain of Memories on they've pretty much been completely solo games. KH2 delegates partners to screen-clearing or boss-fucking Limits, except Donald and Goofy until much later because fuck you, replace Donald with every Disney member because he's even fucking dumber than Goofy and elemental weaknesses for magic count for diddly-shit all in this one unless you're playing Final Mix and you're going against Demyx's rematch,.

Olympus Coliseum, the addicting looking KH2FM/BBS/DDD hybrid gameplay itself and the conclusion of the story is still the only appeal?

That's fine.

xion is a loli

I think Roxas is mentioned because Sora doesn't know Roxas's appearance is based on Ventus.

I want Command Styles, and i want them to be based off of the series original characters AND the FF characters.
Looking back at the old trailers they seem like Limits, but im still concerned with the disney ride shenanigans.
Also, im guessing thats the final UI concept and fuck is it shit.

Autism.

I bet they are trying to pull what happened in KHBBS off again by injecting their heart inside him as soon as he turns to the darkness or goes full retard again.

I hope it happens though
I want sora to be a boss fight
While playing as riku or kairi

That already happened, final boss fight of DDD.

That was Ventus' heart shielding Sora's for the critical moments between being engulfed by darkness and Riku arriving, hence why he uses Ven's styles

So what's the reason for Disney characters?

Everything you just described is why I hate this franchise.

The first one never should have gotten a sequel and stayed a one off novelty game.

See:

By transitive property that is Sora.

I want Kairi to be a playable character. Something tells me that Kairi would have the greatest potential to exceed Aqua in terms of magic.

As for Xion, I'm really hoping that if she is manifested for real then she would be born rather than made. I can see something corney like Kairi taking Xion out of Sora's heart because Yen Sid told her about the birds and the bees (women can carry hearts of children unborn). Then "Noi" is born as Kairi's daughteru.

Is KH3 coming to the pc?

No

It looks so slow and floaty compared to 1 and 2.

Unfortunately, no one can be told what KH is. They have to play it for themselves.

Kingdom Hearts is an experience

Nomura's concentrated autism.

why didn't they just use -Ja like they did in final fantasy 12? god -Za sounds so stupid.

It's translated as -ga in all the other KH games. So that isn't normal, some intern translator probably fucked up badly.

I'll be a touch disappointed, to be honest, Guy.

STOP HOLDING BACK!

You forgot something.

Who?

It is in a way, some things are so strange in the series that a description of it doesn't do it justice.

a clone loli

I'm sure I would remember someone like that m8

Well it was kind of nice while it lasted, thread went to shit

take it easy hes just having a chuckle he totally remembers her

Remove all the final fantasy shit, replace Sora with Mickey, reboot.

I fixed Kingdom Hearts.

No you haven't. You just made a mostly generic Disney game.

So you're saying the story, not the gameplay is the best part of Kingdom Hearts?

No, you ninny, but I would say the autismal silliness cannot be separated from Kingdom Hearts and have the final product remain Kingdom Hearts.

It's finished, retard.

You're too optimistic.

Huh?

Describe said pasta.