Bad guy in red and blue is a mob boss that does what he does because it makes him money

Did they change the writers at some point after gold and silver? Why does the game feel so shonen/anime-ish starting with Ruby and Sapphire?

Newest game was a bitch to play but it changes it somewhat.

Also.
UNF

hmm didn't they make PETA the criminals at one point?

I couldn't get that far into it because I found myself really annoyed
What's team skull's thing?

They aren't the bad guys is their thing.

But they're gangsters

They just like to fuck with people, not even kidding, that's it.

Yeah, but the son wanted to ressurect a legendary from a ball.
Black/White gave me the best feeling. The music, the style and the story really gave me an excellent impression, shame a lot of the mons are sinnoh tier.

Being wiggers

It was a show to make everyone give them their pokemon so they could then rule the world.

No, they're "gangstas" they're wannabees who all found themselves with no place to go. They're also a red herring for Aether who are the real bad guys except not a red herring because the game tells you right when you start who the bad guys are

They are thugs that likes to mess with people and steal Pokemon's but they fail every time they are actually fun when they are doing their own things the game likes to make them as the game evil team but they are not at all.

It does?

Lillie escaping from Aether Paradise at the start of the game didn't tip you off?

I'm a little salty because I expected it to be like ruby and sapphire. Where each team corresponds to each game.
I thought Aether foundation would be the bad guys in Sun, and team Skull would be the bad guys in moon. I loved how Skull wasn't trying to really be bad, but if it went my way, I'd like them to accidentally stumble onto lunaala, unlike other teams purposely looking for it.

Nope
Then again when 90% of the dialogue is annoying filler it's hard to pay attention

It wasn't even dialogue, user. It was one of the opening cutscenes.

(Checked)
It is, I would like to suggest new names
Pokemon "A Button" and Pokemon "B Button".

Because Gen 1 is the best and every single pokemon game after is a rehash. It's an absolute shit franchise and I keep trying to get back into it every 5 years.

Only people under ~26 like anything after gen1. It's a game franchise that survives on nostalgia. Every game is the same shit. I put my 100 hours into the first one when I was 9 years old and that was enough. Even when I was fucking 13 I didn't have the energy to actually finish another pokemon game. (le gold and silver where amazing meme) No they where just more of the same with some woohoo shit pokemon added. I've tried to play Y 5 times and never get more than like 30 pokemon and 2 badges.

I love pokemon, but I'm not retarded to take it seriously as a GAME FRANCHISE. They are absolute shit in the creativity department.

Gen II was good.

GS was a huge improvement though

Lots of bugfixes, color, 100 new pokemon, new area with a trip back to old areas, new types, day/night cycle and different pokemon at different times. Massively innovative compared to the first

Later games are just graphical improvements and QOL features

It was already shonen/anime-ish from the get-go. Giovanni just happens to be down-to-Earth and realistic with what he wants.

The only problem with GS is the pacing really.

Examples?

I always thought it was kind of slow, until you get to the legendaries, then it kind of blasts off into fuckedous territory.

So I have to wait until halfway through the game before it becomes worth my time or what?

You have to be at least 35 years old at this point to appreciate that. I was a fucking kid and bug fixes in an already slow jrpg game where hardly noticeable, if I even knew about that back then.
You are delusional, or still 12, or 35 years old to think you cared about that shit back when GS was released.
I was 10 when pokemon Red/Blue came out and I had fun playing it.
G/S was just more of the same and I got bored and would rather play any of the other 100 good games coming out on Dreamcast/PS2/PC/etc. at the time.

Adding more pokemon to the game does nothing for me because I don't want any of the stupid pokemon they added.

nigga what

I fucking loved revisiting the Kanto locations. My little 10-year-old brain was blown when they did that and let you collect SIXTEEN badges! That was the coolest shit ever.

Examples of what? Giovanni being more down to Earth? He just wants money and power like any normal mob boss would. Guy just tries to run a business.

Or are you asking how it's shonen/anime-ish from the get-go? Gee, a young boy sets out on a journey to capture powerful monsters that could destroy cities by using a high-tech capsule that looks like gachapon capsules and make them fight other monsters in a over glorified Japanese Bug Monster Fighting competition to be the very best. Sounds like a standard shonen.

This must have made you moist, then.

Pokemon Go was trash that crashed and didn't even work. Unironically unplayable.

If anything the game sounds like an old anime, but it's still very far from the standard Shonen trash that it is now.

I mean of course the game is based off anime shit, that's the whole aesthetic, what I'm saying is that the story doesn't feel like low quality anime in R/B and G/S.

I instinctively distrust any "pure" goodie two-shoes who wear and paint everything white. People who do that shit are always just trying to slap a veneer of goodness onto a rotten core. The rank and file of Aether might have had good intentions, but it was pretty apparent that there something off about the organisation as a whole.

Proper colour, a whole new region plus being able to revisit the previous region, the radio feature is all stuff that can be appreciated by anyone. Bug fixes are minor compared to the rest of the additions to GS.

It's with era. Yeah, it sounds like an old 90s anime and Pokemon came out at the time when that was the standard for shonen. The artstyle updated from the old anime aesthetic to the newer one.

I miss this

So did a version 1.0 of Pokemon Prism every get released? I knew some people were continuing to work on it after it got "leaked", but I stopped following it.

I just need something to play since Sun & Moon turned out to be shit and the next games look like they aren't gonna fix anything again,

I was hoping they'd be the BW2 of this generation, but I remember we're in a post X/Y generation as well.

I'll only give them a chance if there is another Pokemon World Tournament or Battle Frontier returns. The main game is gonna be shit again without any doubt, I need a reason to actually force myself through it and post game battle facilities are the only way since they forgot how to make post game content

The old style looked unique. The humans in Pokemon look almost generic now. Almost because the style is still distinguishable.

You're making me sad. You know, I wouldn't mind if the new style was mixed with the old one, make people look diverse in terms of art and proportion you know? Then when you start the game, you can pick your stylize your character and his measurements to look and BE like the original from red/blue.
Also different types of pikachu, I LOVE small chubby hamster pikachu.

To those defending Pokemon post-1998, I raise to you a question:

Did you grow up with gen 1 or not? Because if so, you'd know for a fact that anything afterwards is complete and utter shit.

Actually you start seeing legendaries like, I guess 3/16th of the way through the game, and then it speeds up.

I'd argue that Gen 2 was at the peak, fixing the problems with one and giving the player a great post-game along with new features that seemed amazing for a gameboy game at the time. After Gen 2 would be Emerald version with the added Battle Frontier and such. The rest is trash.

The gameplay has gotten really stale and they continue by adding gimmicky mechanics that would be irrelevant by next gen. The new shit they try to add to the stale turn-based game makes it a cluster fuck. The series needs a gameplay overhaul first and foremost before they could try thinking of adding any new Pokemon.

This.

Which is why I argued that Gen 2 was better along with Gen 3's Emerald. Gen 4 is probably the best though, especially with the Johto remakes that fixed the problems of Gen 2. The rest is trash and Gen 1 is beta test tier.

Because you have nostalgiagoggles and you don't see how shonen and anime the entire series has always been.

This is a false statement, especially when Sugimori was just copying Toriyama. Sugimori was his best at the beginning of Gen 3 where he still did non-digital illustrations and before he changed how he drew humans.
This is a true statement: Ohmori is cancer.

Gen 1 sits at the bottom of the pokemon tier list with gen 6 and 7. It's a broken mess that every game since improved upon.
Crystal was the best game in terms of overall design and is pokemone in the truest form. But Emerald, Platinum, HG/SS and B2/W2 are the best games in terms of content and gameplay improvements.

What Pokemon would you have as a significant other in a meaningful, mutual relationship?

I have nostalgia goggles for a game that came out in 2001 but not for one that came out in 2003?

Yes

Oh holy SHIT, I just remembered the artwork for the GBA games! I can't see to find much though

I've played every generation of Pokemon: they're all good, quit being a massive faggot

I mean you're just really really wrong

And you're OP, a faggot.

touché

At this point you can say "You played one, you already played them all."

Your opinion here is actually invalid because you played them all. That means you have confirmation bias towards enjoying them

Literally only Cyrus and Lysandre are like that but Lysandre didn't resurrect either just harness their energy for a doomsday machine Team Aqua/Magma thought their plans would help the world but underestimated the legendary's powers, and Ghetsis used N in the hopes that making people free their pokemon would de-weaponize the world and let him take over.
Also Team Skull was just patsies for the Aether Foundation so they aren't the real evil team.

The games are good therefore I enjoy them. It's not that hard to understand.

I started with gen 1, and if you did you'd know it's easily the most fucking flawed set of games in the series, even giving it some slack for it's age.

Lysandre actually had the best motivations of any of the evil team leaders. He legimately had a noble goal, just with fucked up levels of cost to accomplish it, and he had a good reason for him to think that the costs might be worth it.

Flare itself was shit but lysandre was a good character.

Why do people shit on Pokemon sequels for being samey when each time they're set in a new location, have new monsters, new characters, new moves, new gimmick features and improvements to the core mechanics?

What do you want out of a sequel? If you want compltely different mechanics then why not play one of the spinoffs or just go with a different franchise completely? Why does no other game get criticized like this?

This is a meme thread where epic memers post their meme phrases.

To fit in

More stuff and new ideas. Gold/silver had those. You had 16 badges, two areas to explore, the day/night cycles, and a bunch of fixes to the core gameplay.

Gen 3 had… better graphics, more pokemon? It was the same game but they swapped out the names and gym trainer types.

Let me use an analogy you'll understand

Actually the fucked up thing is people like OP criticize the games for not being the same as the first in the series. They only ever like the first game that's why going back to kanto is the only part of gen 2 that's praised despite how butchered it is by comparison.

I still think gen 6 is the most flawed since it had 5 gens of progress behind it and it decided to go 2 steps forward the 12 steps back.
Gen 1 at least had the excuse of being the first game and some of it's flaws ended up leading to great things like all the sequence breaking because of simple glitches/exploits.

Oh wait it had sprinting. Sprinting was a good feature. That should have been in G/S.

Pokemon is video games though, not a ponzi scheme.

I'm 28 and I like Gen 2 more.
I played a bit of Gen 3, but I need to go back and finish it. That's where I stopped.
Enjoy your (You), I guess.

it's pokemon you autistic shit head

I admit, I love the comfy Geosenge Town music.

Gotta love the sprinting

Pokemon Generations was shit

Kanto was completely shit in G/S once the novelty of "Wow! In in the area from the last games! Look at how things are slightly different!!" wore off. There's nothing to do but go through more gyms and fight Red. They had to completely fuck up the level scaling in the entire game just so Kanto wouldn't be too easy.

it's almost like the plots are written for young japanese children or something as opposed to dark gritty plots for western manchildren. Either way, it's a step up from not even having a plot like in gen 1-2.

I just like the idea for an arpg or a real time rpg for Pokemon.

No plot > shit plot. I want all idiot villains and their prattle in later Pokémon games to bugger off and let me become the very best like no one ever was.

Pokemon Generations and Rumble should show you how shit that idea is.

This is the only Pokemon art style I like.

Nigger, are you blind?

*overworld weather
Rain Dance and Sandstorm were introduced in gen 2

Oh and sunny day too

Gen IV added the special/physical split
Gen V had triple/rotation battles, and seasons
B2W2 had difficulty options, and while it was a convoluted process to get them the fact they exist at all is why this game is so much better than the rest, and they really need to bring it back.
Gen Vi and Gen VII tried to copy other jrpgs with mega evos and z-moves.

I get the feeling they're toying with that idea or heading towards it, at least that's why pokken exists.

literally kill yourself.

Rocket was always my favorite because all they really wanted was money and weapons (Pokemon), pretty easy to understand. They're also hilariously inept a lot of the time. The rest are just pointlessly over-the-top to make the games feel more "epic". Not counting the animu in this because it sucks and makes the team out to be ultra-powerful edge-lords when in reality all they had going for them was a lot of money to pay smart people to make shit for them.

Magma/Aqua wanted to dry up the oceans/flood the world with sun and rain respectively, something even a child knows couldn't work. Galactic's boss wanted to be the god of a new world, something even his teammates thought was a bit much. BW was "Gun-Grabbers: Elemental Creatures Edition"; Plasma claimed to be PETA and wanted to keep Pokemon away from people under the leadership of their new king (N, who can understand Pokemon but doesn't get people), who were cruel and kept them from their true potential. It all turned out to be a plot to disarm everyone so the guy actually running the show could rule the region as he would be the only person with Pokemon, with no one able to stand up to him, all under the guise of protecting people/animals. Team Flare is fucking ridiculous and just want to remake the world into their vision of "beauty", which apparently requires genocide by way of creatures that can control life and death. Team Skull's pretty chill.

Plasma's alright. It takes balls to try and get everyone to disarm themselves only to come back later in a flying airship and ice over an entire city.

It's really not hard.

Not really, no. They just took standard shonen tropes and implemented them into their game. Super forms and super attacks, respectively.

tbh this is the kind of thing Pokemon should have evolved to. I mean, just imagine if Zelda didn't budge a fucking inch from Zelda 1. You always had to collect the 8 things from the 8 dungeons, you always got the same sword upgrades based on number of hearts, you always had the exact same dungeon items in the same dungeon themes with the same mechanics every time. Becoming an aRPG? Cool, that's a neat idea. They have the hardware power to support that now.

Yeah, this was a good addition. Arguably overdue. No excuse for it not being given to you immediately, though. That's fucking retarded.
What does this add, really?
see above
"Bike that can go fast" has been in there since gen 1. Using it to reach new areas is a new property of a bike but that's literally no different from an HM or any of several (some scrapped) items to go places that have existed since gen 1.
Yeah, those were ok. They weren't world-shattering, but they're really cool.
This didn't really add anything. It's just gen 2's weather effects, but the battle is started with them active. You can put those into gen 2 with some ASM.
What was wrong with gen 2's? I don't remember having any problems with it.

So you've got
-can move around the overworld faster by holding a button instead of by assigning bike to select and pressing select
and
-passive pokemon abilities

Off the top of my head, I can think of a million and one things that they could have and should have added but didn't, like making HMs not nigh-universally shitty moves so that you give them to your good mons instead of being forced to carry around an HM slave, Ditto TMs that have out-of-battle effects like rock smash.

You could add some real exploration elements to the game, where instead of getting the gym badge to use an HM immediately before needing to use the HM, you might have to explore a bit to find the right path to the right gym. Hell, why even keep the gyms in a forced order? With some scripting you could easily add scaling gym leaders based on number of badges.

Why not implement the idea they had in gen 1, where each individual pokemon has something unique, like some being taller, some having a tuft of hair, stuff like that? They scrapped that idea from 1 because the gameboy couldn't handle that stuff, but nowadays indie devs have to pull stuff like that just to get decent gameplay hours in their game because of how much easier it is to implement.

Fuck's sake, there's so much they could be exploring by tweaking the core elements instead of sitting around with their thumb up their ass.

Do you mean the elements of the game outside of the battle system that gets tweaked every generation?

Makes sense

Except according to you and the fags like you "tweaking the core elements" ALWAYS equals throwing out turn-based battles or something like it.

Literally no one gave a shit about weather in gen 2 though. A feature that was never used might as well have never existed.

Reminder that every game has had a hard mode in the form of changing battle mode to set, and in newer games not using shit like refresh/exp share. BW2 was just more direct about it.

Rocket was at best a roadblock to the plot. At no point did they feel like a threat or even that they were competent. Granted from 3 on the random mooks were just as stupid but they're always following some asshole in a cult like way so they're not exactly supposed to come off as intimidating or dangerous. Even as an idiot kid all team rocket did was make me feel like the entire world was retarded for taking these idiots seriously which took me out of the game.

Zelda is a lot more mutable in what it can be. You have a few names that remain constant between games and you always have to get the sword to beat ganon or some other evil guy, but other than that it's pretty different every time. To change the genre of pokemon would require a ton of rebalancing for all 80 trillion pokemon around the new mechanics of the game. Gamefreak can't even balance what they have now, so do you really think they could manage something new like this?

Gen 1 and 2 would like a word with you.

Both Gen 1 and 2 had that option, dumbass.

did you mean gender differences? Or possibly even IVs?

Nigga, no.

You were right and I was wrong.
wow rude

You user

prepare to be bullied, nerd

Just because you never used doesn't mean nobody gave a shit. Hell, there was tons of NPCs in the battle tower and in Stadium 2 that used weather moves.

It's pretty simple

R&B was a kids game but it wasn't a big mega blockbuster franchise so they went "whatever" and added some risky elements. Like how Team Rocket clearly physically abuses Pokemon as evidenced by how the basic Team Rocket sprite has a whip.

However after Pokemon became massive in the west there was a focus on trying to make it as milk toast and non controversial as possible. Especially since at the time Pokemon was in the news over being "satanic". It's why they removed gambling from the series and why it feels like every new entry is made more and more for babies.

Back in the day, not everyone was a trainer or had Pokemon. Trainers were catered to but most of the populace were just random civilians with day jobs. So if you have a guy in a business suit vs a giant venomous bat that can suck all your blood out or a rat the size of a cat that can bite through cement, you start to understand how they could bully their way into the situations you encountered in the games. Nowadays, seems like everyone has a Pokemon, even preschoolers. At least, that was my rationale. I kinda liked it since it gave Pokemon a more "in the world" feel as opposed to "Pokemon IS the world".

because anything i came up with as a way to improve the franchise totally had to do with changing the battle system to non-turn-based

you wanna keep fighting ghosts in your head or do you want to interact with the people on this site?

I used that other thing that saved whenever you moved a mon, but totally forgot that you had to save between doing things. Made it slow, not terrible, and that's mostly a hardware limitation.
That's bullshit and you know it. There's no reason you can't implement any of the things I mentioned offhand without having to do anything balance-related. Fuck, you could add the things I mentioned via a god damn romhack.
Hey man, a sandstorm off a metronome saved my ass one time. I didn't even know that move existed until then.

Part of the original gen 1 design idea was that pokemon would be drawn on-the-fly with their appearance recorded as drawing certain mutable features on mutable shapes. Core elements within the code remain of this, doing little but taking up space. Each pokemon would have a handful of pixel differences like longer tails or thinner bodies so that each one both looked unique and had unique stats (IVs). Removing that bullshit is why they could fit 251 pokemon onto a same-size cart in gen 2. But they never actually went back to it.

But they also had nothing to do with core elements.

Yes, I'd like to report a bully, please.

have fun arguing with yourself i guess because i am not responding to semitic semantics shenanigans

This has nothing to do with the west specifically, it was a change in rating standards that occurred between the original and international release of HGSS. If Red was just coming out today there wouldn't be a gambling corner at all.

So Spinda. Also that adds nothing to the game play so what does it matter? There's no reason for it at all anyway.
But I'll give you one better, branching off from regional forms how about 'hybrid' pokemon where breeding a certain pair of pokemon can result in an alternate version of one with a different appearance or type?

Battles are the core element, you retard.

Hey, when you think about it, if you press charges and charges doesn't want to be pressed, aren't you doing the bullying?
Don't bully poor charges.

Replacing all the music with this song wouldn't change the gameplay either, but it sure as fuck would matter.

MAKE IT STOP

I'm going by your example.

You don't get the luxury of holding anybody else to a standard you don't intend to follow yourself.

This sounds like atonal music. Like if Schoenberg had a MIDI program.

lol ok

Secret bases were the only new addition (design wise, not brought on by better hardware like the PC system) that was actually worth it.
And even then it was incredibly limited and they decided to remove it right after because it was too good.

Glad you get it, don't expect any more (you)s from me, you clearly have no intention to be consistent.

tell it to I was just quoting him.
but they didn't remove secret bases right away, they were still in Gen IV just different.

?

The Underground, dumbass

You wanna sell me on secret bases, go right ahead. I remember exactly fuck-all about them, and the only thing I remember about contests is them being pokemon battles with arbitrary and esoteric requirements to get shit you don't really need.

Yeah because that's the redditfied picture with the needless censors.

Yeah but you can't fight people, which makes them completely worthless

I couldn't fight people with Gen 3's secret bases either, faggot
mostly because I lived in the middle of nowhere

While I'd never pass up the opportunity to call genwunners retards, a lot of these issues are because of technical limitations and lack of polish due to pokemon being an unknown nothing game at the time. It was the first attempt at this so odd bugs that rarely come up can be excused.

Yes you could, that was the whole point.
You exchanged data, you'd get people's secret bases, then go in them and fight your friend's actual team but controlled but the game.

I remember this because I met loads of people with the game when I went camping so I had a lot of different secret bases.

I mean I'm not even sure if gen IV's work offline or if you need to be close to the other player to see it.

The game was in development for like 6 years, user.

Oh I misundertood what you wrote, never mind

What.

>Skull: literal wiggers and a red herring for Aether

Gen VI added Megas as a way to "buff" weaker pokemon (but the mascots needed them for some reason?). Gen VII's Z Moves were probably just GF experimenting with the idea of super moves to buff Pokemon over giving them new forms and stats (and it takes far less time to make a new Z Move than it does to make a new Mega).

Isn't it also because the Gen 1 games basically ran on spaghetti code so that they could never crash unless you specifically pushed the game to do so?

The point is most or all of these issues has since been fixed by later Gens therefore refuting the point that Gen 1 is the best.

That user is right, you know.

It's very hard to prove me wrong when you're quite literally saying I'm right

You didn't have to be above 8 years old to go from pokemon stadium to pokemon stadium 2 and notice that they changed bullshit like wrap immobilizing whatever it hit for the turn, waking up from sleep taking an entire turn propping up gengar's dream eating, and hyper beam not having to recharge on a kill.

I don't think people like gen 1 because of the battle gameplay so I don't know what you're getting at here with that reddit image

Cyrus is the only one who fits this MO. Everyone else DID have a reason, however flimsy.

Fuck no, they're because the creator of pokemon, who programmed and designed everything in gen 1 by himself (except the music which his wife composed) is a shitty coder. Half of that shit is one-off errors that you shouldn't make past compsci 101 which is why almost all of it was fixed in Gen 2 which ran on the same hardware.

That's not a function of spaghetti code, that's actually really common because sanity checks are expensive to do and you're working with fuck-all hardware. THAT is a technical limitation, not being able to do math properly when 8 or 9 bits are all 1 is just sucking at coding.

I mean ideally that should have been the case, but it really wasn't.

correction

Skull was nothing but a front for Aether.

But that's wrong

This was worse than Lysandre's doctor octopus bullshit.

Whatever, they want to use the legendary for X
Every villain does

How is that a bad thing though? Like if I was in charge of an evil organization in the pokemon world you'd bet your ass I'd make sure my plans involved the big ones that can trigger the apocalypse. That's why non-game material retcon Mewtwo into being Team Rocket's doing or have Giovanni wanting the legendaries for himself.

Only N wants the legendaries, to lead the charge in his hippie crusade and to let the player prove their strength and decide who is right
He's a pussy vegan version of Senator Armstrong

That's not why they had whips.
Those were a holdover from an earlier iteration of the game, where they were thinking of having the trainers fight alongside the monsters, and I guess also have some monster tamer element or something.
Bikers, Tamers, Cooltrainers (now Ace Trainers), and Sabrina had whips too.
Similarly, Red, Blue, and Sabrina all wear a badge, while Red's in-game art more closely resembles his concept art rather than the final design.

Because you're a sociopath.
In reality if you were fucking crazy and wanted to destroy the world you wouldn't even get to command a big organization like most of these people do.

Giovanni makes sense because he's literally just a mob boss.

Yeah, agreed. I hope they expand on that whole area of the story in the deluxe versions of SuMo coming out. Still hoping they come out with a Pokemon Z just to fill out Kalos more. Would be a perfect time to just update everything and have it run on the Gen 7 engine.

Having to save the game every time you switched boxes ring a bell? Shit like not being able to catch Pokemon because the box you were currently set on was full? The ability to move Pokemon between boxes as you please without needing to use your party as a go between (the "Move" state)? Increased number of Pokemon per box (20 to 30)?

user the moment a lizard with an open flame on its' tail popped up realism went right out the window. It's better world building to have the bad guys work alongside the fantastical elements of the universe than to be completely irrelevant to it.

My first game was Yellow but Silver is superior.
Then again I'm 19, I played Yellow when I was six, and I played Silver when I was eight.

My suspension of disbelief can only go so far.
If the main bad guy has no profits for anything he does, cannot pay the giant organization that he's supposed to be in charge of, dresses like a gay cosplayer, acts like a psychopath then it's just not believable.

This is like pete hines saying that he doesn't care about the legitimacy of the story in Fallout because there's ghouls and super mutants.

If a game is badly written it's just badly written.

That does NOT ring a bell, actually.
This was gen 1 only. 2 offered a command to do exactly this.

you are a retard because this happens.

Even Matt Ward has hung shit on them

Gen 2

I will take your word for it and/or any videos of it happening you have on hand because I cannot remember this happening to me ever.
>being unable to remember a detail from a game i haven't played in almost twenty years makes me a retard

You say that as if Red/Blue was written any better, it wasn't, you were just a dumb kid who could barely read at the time.
Outside of the casino there is nothing about Team Rocket that is like the mob/yakuza. Typically there's more then one guy at the top and gross incompetence from the underlings would be punished severely.
On top of that Galactic runs like a cult, not unlike Scientology, as people have pointed out again and again Plasma is PETA, so it's not hard to think how they managed to garner a following with real life counterparts. Lysandre is a scientist and a descendant of a king, and Lusamine had also been just a part of Aether Foundation before taking over and using the group to reach her own means.

Gen 1 was my 1st game, then gen 3 then gen 2 and it followed chronologically after that
Gen 2>Gen 3>Gen 5>Gen 1>Gen 4>Gen 6> Gen 7

Pokemon Origins showed them killing the Marrowak

My first game was Pokemon Yellow

I actually really like Gen 7 unironically. I think the only people who don't are autistic genwunners who can't learn to appreciate the fact they tried changing the forumla a bit and tried giving the characters actual fucking personality

I put it above WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS and only it

If you like getting scratches all over the touch screen.

Rom hacks and fan-games are thing. If you don't know.

No. There is 0.94? something version though.
In place where no one here wants to go. It's developed on reddit.

And failed at doing that. Hau running around like an autist and giving you shit because hes nice would work better if the entire region didnt also do that. Lillie was the only one with a proper arc. You know what game had characters with personality? Gen 5. You just like 7 because you want to be a contrarian despite being told all of the problems it has.

half of these literally are not problems and I couldb buy them being intentional
I dont see the problem with these

team bad guys afterwards take advantage of the setting. its a waste to just have a generic mob boss isnt it?

I want nothing more than another Genius Sonority developed pokemon game. Even more than that though, I'd love it if Gamefreak hired them to code the main series games on handhelds because GF can't code for shit in 3d.

Giovanni is a bitch anyway. What kind of mob boss gets stopped by a 10 year old?

This looks like there's an alternative version.

a mob boss whos bad at pokemon

The best way to describe Pokemon is that it's the same wall with a new coat of paint.

Why are people who actually live in the pokemon world so terrible at fighting with pokemon?
This is why the games are inferior.

Because most adults don't play with Pokemon, I hope.

You must mean nobody ever leaves town, lest they be mauled by vicious birds and wild monsters on the road.

No, I mean the vast majority of adults aren't autistic.

He is the last gym leader tho.

It's definitely better than the stuff that came after it, lemme tell you that.
Then in G/S it actually gets proper writing and Giovanni and Team Rocket even gets a fucking character arc.

The fuck do you want more?

ez

But what else would there be???

What do you think?

WPWYF?

Team Skull were a good red herring but the real evil team were still just trying to bring big powerful pokemon through hell portals to fuck everything up for very little reason.

I'd let Gengar fuck my brains out

youre the main character, of course youre a cut above the rest. you plow through people who have a perfect understanding of pokemon.

why not? theyre a part of every day life. thats like choosing to avoid electricity. you could do it, it would just be strange and inconvenient.

never a wrong answer

Nigga I started with Red and Yellow and you know damn well that Gen 1 was half together with duct tape

Fuckin' diamonds.

shit tier answer tbh

hes also using toxic if youre into that

What the fuck is the context for this?

Remember to buy Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon this November goyim! :^)

My first was Red,
My favorite is Black and White.

Red/Blue aged as well as a dead horse but that aside, even now you can tell a lot of fucking terrible choices was made in Gen 1 that was fixed in later generations.

Black and White is my favorite for the following reasons

1) The story was the closest thing to being decent. Sure it has the usual pokemon shit of "You being a legendary trainer etc etc."

2) I like the characters of Cheren, Bianca and N, each one bounces off of each other quite well and had their own arcs and grew, and had that growth continue into B2/W2. The Gym leaders actually had a role other than just being Gym Leaders with the exception of Iris

3) The new pokemon were pretty decent. Gen 5 didn't have any useless pokemon that was completely outranked by an existing pokemon. each one had it's own role and could be slotted into a team. Gen 1 you had cases like Dewgong which was completely outclassed by Lapras and then by Starmie.

4) I set everybody back to point 0, where everybody had to go out and find pokemon that they liked. They couldn't rely on bros to carry themselves through the game. If you wanted to know if a pokemon was good or not, you had to use it

5) Hidden abilities (albeit scarce) made some of the older pokemon more relevant and gave them unique roles similarly to Gen 5 Although not /every/ pokemon got a decent ability, but shit like Venusaur became top tier very quickly due to Chlorophyll

6) Team Plasma was actually a decent team, sure they were evil but most of them wasn't cartoonishly evil like Team Rocket.

7) Whimsicott

Yeah they did though but Pokemon Battle Trozei was only just Trozei and Pokemon Shuffle is Trozei filled with microtransactions

Elder God Tier;
Crystal
HGSS Golden Edition
Blaze Black 2/Volt White 2

God Tier;
Black 2/White 2
HeartGold/SoulSilver
Emerald
Pokemon Prism

Great Tier;
Platinum
Black/White
Pokemon Brown

Good Tier;
FireRed/LeafGreen
Gold/Silver

Okay Tier:
Pokemon Showdown
Ruby/Sapphire
Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
Yellow

Bad Tier;
Red/Blue/Green
Diamond/Pearl

Shit Tier;
X/Y
Sun/Moon

It's kinda cute how you think there is a "Gen 7 engine".

Can I put Pokemon Reborn under both Elder God tier and shit tier for gameplay and everything-that-isn't-gameplay, respectively?

Pokemon Adventures: Red deserves to be under Great tier at the very least.

You can put whatever you like under your own tier list. I've never played Pokemon Reborn or Pokemon Adventures: Red

I've said this many times before but RBYGSC pretty much exist in their own domain, besides being more grounded in reality:

1) Technical limitations were instrumental to shaping the tone. Out of the subtle uncertainty of the 8-bit world, the impression is changed significantly.
2) Pokemon was originally supposed to end with GSC.
3) The change of plans also meant reinvention with the understanding that they are in for the long haul, and not just for game mechanics, or literally severing connection between Gen 2 and 3. Intent changes the end result.
4) The creator of the franchise was no longer the director thereafter.
5) And the writer literally did change, at least for the anime. The first three movies and a bunch of episodes were written by Takeshi Shudo, who really wanted to make Pokemon something darker than it ended up being. He left before the Johto arc finished.

I love it when redditfags expose themselves by saying this.

But user, gen VI and VII have difficulty options, just turn off the exp share!
There are people who believe the game becomes balls to the wall hard if you turn the exp share off

It doesn't become more difficult, just more tedious if you want to actually use more than ~3 pokemon for the duration of the game.

I still can't believe there are people that thought Sun & Moon were hard, you could count the amount of NPCs with a full 6 pokemon team on your hands and the game constantly holds your hand.

You do not fit here.

You are pretty much varying degrees of underleveled playing on Set and using a full party until Gen 5. Scaled EXP should have been a feature from the start, because the older games really suffer from a lack of such implement.

That's exactly what he has though. He calls all of the other regions nostalgia bait, even though they're newer then doubles down when called out due to R/B being the oldest (and worst) ones.

in the end its a video game, and youre supposed to win but feel like something of an underdog.

So why do the pokemon fans past R/S/E tend to be furry and annoying as fuck? I miss when bullies were a common place.

Newer generations are becoming more conservative, bullies are coming back.

the internet is not representative of real life

Not according to the thin skinned leftists.
Have you gotten the bottle cap off yet? :^)

It has cute girls at least

Shut the fuck up. You faggots are nothing but obnoxious.

Absolutely bull-fucking-shit not.

And cute Pokemon cuntboy bfs

pleb

Technology and society really have been at a standstill for the last 15 years.

(you)

Gross.

It's just a shitty meme, lad.

Exactly.

sounds pretty cool honestly, could have the trainer supporting the pokemon in real time while the 2 fight even.

Crystal was pokemon in it's purest sense with a great art direction, the best OST and doesn't go overboard with the mechanics. The one major flaw it has is the level scaling, and that's a problem with 99% of the series.
If I had to choose one game in the series and say this is what Pokemon is; it would be Crystal.
Also I don't see why you're bitching about HGSS and Gen V when I put crystal in the same tier as tier respective romhacks that fix absolutely all the problems the official releases had.

nah man best pokemon spinoff is this right here.

Posting the actual actual best spinoff.

T A B L E T O P

Tabletop games are for retards and faggots

Excuse me?

You heard me, faggot

A lot of degeneracy now-
T= Trap in the effeminate CD sense of the word
FT = Futa (In any sense of a chick with a dick)
Male = M
Female = F
This is strictly related to their basic feral forms, opposed to Anthropomorphism, in which I throw the goddanmed towel in and give myself into into sweet, sweet, pokelust, not limited by anything because sexual dimorphism is a thing this way. I gave up when I noticed how long this was taking, so here's the pokemon I'd fug, and probably you too.

Charmeleon - M
Charizard - M and XY Megas
Pidgeot - F and mega
Arbok - F
Nidoqueen - F-FT-T
Nidoking - M-F-FT-T
Ninetails&Alolan - M-F-FT-T
Arcanine - M-T-FT if we're talking feral here, if anthro, just about everything barring Cuntboy is good.
Machop - M
Machoke - M
Ponyta and Rapidash - M-F-FT-T
Hitmonchan - M-F-FT-T
Tauros - M-F-FT-T
Lapras - F
Ditto - ?
Vapoeron - M-F-T
Jolteon - M-F-T
Dragonair - F
Dragonite - M
Mewtwo - M and megaXY
Bayleef
Meganium
Typholsion
Feraligator
Espeon
Umbreon
Girafarig
Sneasel
Houndour
Houndoom and mega
Raikou
Suicune
Tyranitar and mega
Grovyle
Sceptile and mega
Blaziken and mega
Mightyena
Ralts
Kilia
Gardevoir and mega
Sabeleye and mega
Mawile and mega
Aggron
Medicham and mega
Electrike
Manectric
Roselia
Zangoose
Seviper
Milotic
Absol and mega
Infernape
Luxray
Roserade
Floatzel
Lopunny and mega
Mismagius
Garchomp
Riolu
Lucario and Mega
Weaville
Leafeon
Glaceon
Gallade and Mega
Froslasss
Shaymin(sky)
Serperior
Liepard
Blitzle
Zebstrika
Scolipede
Lilligant
Scrafty
Zoroark
Gothitelle
Deerling
Sawsbuk
Mienfoo
Mienshao
Deino
Zweilous
Hydreigon
Cobalion
Virizion
Zekrom
Kyurem (all forms)
Keldeo (all forms)
Meloetta (all forms)
Braixen
Delphox
Greninja & Ash
Pyroar
Florges
Skiddo
Pangorro
Furfrou
Meowstic M-F
Sylveon
Goodra
Gourgeist (Extra THICC size)
Noivern
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde (10%)
Incineroar
Brionne
Primarina
Oricorio(All)
Rockruff
Lycanroc(both)
Mudsdale
Lurantis
Salandit
Salazzle
Steenee
Tsareena
passimian
Hakamo-o
Kommo-o
Solgaleo

Pokemon don't have genitals, you can't fuck them

Normalfags plz go

>>>/reddit/
You aren't a speshul snowflak. Go there if you want to be one.

Pokemon are not for sexual.

Jesus christ

that's impressive

You mean Jade Cocoon? kek

You really know how to pick your battles!

He probably just went to Bulbapedia and started going down the list.

Only an underaged person would say this.

I just don't have the patience for it anymore.
Trying to play the latest game was getting really irritating for me.
Jesus fuck, can the people just stop talking and let me go catch pokemon already? Holy fuck.

I ended up making a list of what I'd fuck out of all the fully-evolved Pokemon because most NFEs are just filler.

Nobody should actually look at this and I'm sure 90% of us would fuck the same things anyways.

now in convenient portable form

Sounds cool, why did they dump that? I want to shoot the enemy Pokémon with my AR.

LUBBYCHUDDER LUBBYCHUDDER LUBBYCHUDDER LUBBYCHUDDER LUBBYCHUDDER

I want to hug Hilda.

I forgot the spoiler

There are no female Nidokings, you quadruple nigger.

Gen II
Gen III

Don't know the rest. Since those are the only ones I legitimately wanted to play.

Was it any different in Emerald?

yes, both teams are bad at the same time and when they wake up the legendaries they start fighting so you have to go and get Rayquaza to break them up.

I'm 29
Gen 5 is the best gen, with gen 6 being the worst.

Then what makes Emerald so good to be in the God tier? Seems like the same shit painted different.

Genwunners out of my chan.

Who's excited for Hyper Sun and Hyper Moon?
I'm not.

Funny, in my country it's called Ultra, rather than Hyper.

See!? The names aren't even fucking memorable. Gen 6+ was a mistake.

It's Ultra for all regions.

SHIT

Content. The battle frontier was really good.
The story in every single pokemon game is equally retarded. If you are fucking with his plans why doesn't the team leader crush you with everything he has? Instead you face him at least 3 times during the story and he always uses a shit team you are able to defeat. Nigger, if a kid with a lvl 30 team comes to your turf to fuck your scheme crush him with your level 50 team and make him fuck off, don't fight him with a level 26 shitty team.

Honestly I wouldn't put it there, but Emerald still improved a lot of the things in R/S. It's mostly ranked highly due to the Battle Frontier. Nostalgiafags don't seem to get that those rankings are more about what's in the game as actual features, and that's mostly post-game stuff than anything in the main story.

why do all my threads end like this

I must be the only person that liked the journey of aspect of Pokemon games and don't care about IV/EV shit.

Platinum is still my favorite.

I get it's supposed to be ultra-violet, but they should have cracked down and had one version and called it that or eclipse.

Sun/Moon was so rushed. Hell, the empty plots were clearly supposed to be post-game gyms, but they were n o t h i n g .

Furries like EV/IV shit
People that care about pokemon and good games like the adventure and journey

Fucking casual scum needs to get ==FUCKING SHOT==.

Only furries

One version means less money, you stupid gaijin! How are we supposed to make money when players LIKE YOU have standards!? How DARE you talk about the perfect, moving, definitely complete, in no way rushed STORY of Sun and Moon! This was clearly on purpose and we just made it late, again!
If you question me, you are clearly an entitled salty fanboy!
No, this can't be DLC, ~goy~~…gaijin! Be grateful! It's only 40 bucks again!!

Thanks for the (You) lad. Fucking coward, I bet you won't dare to dox me. Fascist scum.

OP can you be anymore of a faggot?

Shut the fuck up Jimmy, don't make me post your info

DO IT FAGGOT

>GENWUUUUUUN

Oh don't worry, we can fix that.

Seriously Alola can suck a dick.

sage

Sad

Who called the shit taste squad?

So you hate futas then.

If by futas you mean both dick and vagina, pretty much. If it's just a "dickgirl" or wathever a girl with a dick but no vagina is called, no

alola is a treasure

You are a casual

That's a shemale, both futas and shemales are dickgirls; Using taxonomy as a metaphor, dickgirl is the 'genus' and the species is shemale. Dickgirlus shemaleus
Seems a bit arbitrary to hate one and like the other but whatever. I just get pissy if call shemales futas as there's porn plots you can't do with a shemale but works with a futa and vice versa.

lost me there sport, im 27 btw

I could definitely see it taking hundreds of eggs under that very common condition.

You’re shit and you should die.

Fun fact: he was also on a video game cover.

Daily reminder.

Gen IV
>ambiguously shellshocked? sociopath wants to use main legendaries & lake legendaries to reset the universe into one with no emotions or whatever
Gen V
>guy grooms a kid who's probably but may or may not be his son to lead a PETA cult trying to segregate man and 'mon 'cause "muh human's burden"
Gen V-2
Gen VI
>if it were real France he would've been justified
Gen VII
>failed trainers turned street gang led by failed kahuna-hopeful just trying to survive funded under the table by a research group plagued by neurotoxin from not-pokémon from another dimension that may or may not have destroyed the worlds of Gens I-II and Gens III-V, i.e. timelines where mega evolution was never a thing

I just realized gen 5 was in not-america, and its plot could also be taken as a loose metaphor for gun control

As far as I’m concerned, it doesn’t exist. This is the only thing for which I will ever “genwunfag.” This bastardization isn’t MST3K.

You know your careers are washed up when you're being upstaged by 2 robots who are infinitely better at their jobs than you are.

ftfy

You can say that about any game user

Men of culture I see

Well the 10 year old in question is the best Pokemon trainer in the world at the time considering they become the champ

Its fun

Jesus titty-fucking Christ

Just because it has holes does not mean you should stick your dick in it.

Context 4 u.

The guy in question is a super nerd, super serious , no fun allowed guy. The main character of the show is absolutely in love with him but
since she's a fujoshit she can't approach him.

I honestly liked the show,