Recommendation thread

You know the drill, anons make requests and you'll do your best to help them a game fitting that description.

I'll start:
A game with a great environment

Other urls found in this thread:

thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/02/12/armored-warfare-what-went-wrong/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fallout 4

DKC

What do you mean by great environment? Graphics wise, artstyle wise, what is it user, WHAT!?

I'm going to risk sounding like a faggot, but Bioshock 1/2 both had very good environments. If that's all you care about in a game, go for it; though, you should be prepared for not-so-great gameplay. I enjoyed it when I first played it many years ago.

Valley or Talos Principle

I just want a game that I can play while I listen to some music to ease my mind
Nothing too fancy, but neither something that's just spreadsheets like RS or EVE. It's not required for it to be online either.

It can even be an old arcade game as long as it has fun gameplay

I think The Witness would suit you both's needs.
Beautiful, comfy island filled with fun puzzles.

Jonathan Blow is a faggot though, so be sure to pirate it.

I'm I played it last year
I finished some puzzles but the game is too fucking bright on it's colors and made my head hurt
I appreciate the recommendation though

I want to play a good management/tycoon game. I was in the mood for some Roller Coaster Tycoon, but maybe I can try something new or different.

Hit me, Holla Forums.

Need a rec for an adventure or action game with a surrealist, dream logic feeling and strange, unexplained characters or occurrences. Something that feels like Link's Awakening, Hotline Miami, or a good David Lynch movie. (Fun fact, Link's Awakening was inspired by Twin Peaks)

You need Picross. There's plenty of versions on various consoles you can emulate. If you have a 3ds, there's some good Picross games on there, too.

Try S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Give Thrillville on PS2 i.e. PCSX2, of course a shot. It's so underrated for that genre and it's so good.

You must be new here m8
We got IDs. It's right next to your post No.
Welcome to fullchan.

Then how about the Katamari series?

I don't think my toaster can run PCSX2, but since I never tried I will give it a shot.

A game with pirates, sailing, and swashbuckling.

CPU and GPU?

Oh I forgot about that
I played Katamari Damacy on my PS2 when I was like 15, it was neat, but I was thinking of trying something new

I've heard that that one Assassin Creed with pirates is pretty good for that experience, but I've never really tried it myself
Most of the pirate games are kinda ass

My CPU is acceptable to good (I guess), it's a FX6300, but my video card sucks hell.

Interesting, I never stopped to see it this way.

I have difficult putting this into words, I search for that environment that is so well done that pulls me inside the game's world, immersion maybe? See pics for good examples.

I only didn't play it yet because I'm short on money and I fear for Croteam piracy hijinx

Neat, I'm going to check this one out

Downwell.

I already beat it, and I pirated it.

it's a cliche, but Rimworld.

That CPU SHOULD be enough. AMD CPUs aren't ideal for emulators but at 3.5ghz I think you should be good. Even integrated cards can run emulators, if you have a real piece of shit GPU then worst case you can't upscale the graphics much. Anyway I'd be surprised if you couldn't run Thrillville on that PC.

Base/network expansion and development with upgrades? Something like the Creeper World flash game. Alternatively give me the best tycoon you have.

What's a good game with a decent magic system? I recall one where you used cards to mix and match spell effects (letting you do shit like rain of anvils tornado) but it was pretty shallow after you realized a lot of spells did jack shit other than look neat. So yeah, any games where magic feels worthwhile and powerful. Dragons Dogma feels great but just not enough spells. Dark Messiah ice spell was fantastic, etc. I'm open to ideas.

God, I hope one of you play at least one game I've listed here.

There is a plethora of games that would qualify that broad stroke so I recommend Metro 2033, Tormentum - Dark Sorrow, or Ori and the Blind Forest. Hell, even the new Zelda.

Can't help you, I only do that with Dark Souls and Monster Hunter. But I'd guess any MMO.

Deadly Premoniton, it is Twin Peaks the game and I could not recommend it enough. The game is a technical mess, this adds to the charm, and the combat is awful, this does not add to the charm. If you do play DP, look up how to get the fast travel item and a decent weapon to expedite combat sections.
If not DP, play Glittermitten Grove, do not search anything regarding the game prior to playing it though.

Plenty of great ones where you don't need a great PC: Factorio, Dwarf Fortress, Prison Architect, or Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale.

Literally only Sid Meier's Pirates, AC4, and Monkey Island. There are so few good pirate games. I really wish more pirate and western games were made but they are niche settings I guess.

Dungeon Keeper or Factorio.

Arx Fatalis, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, Magicka, Divinity: Original Sin, or Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.

Give me a game where I can play as a predator. No humaniods either, that shit gets old.

physically grabbing something is one of the little things that really helps with immersion

tell me about games where it feels good throw people

An FPS with no reloading and not Serious Sam

You only play as the predator and you make trophies. It was only for xbox and ps2 though.

This was meant for

Predator: Concrete Jungle. The game is fucking terrible but you play as a Predator with his Predator pals.

Fighting games :^)

Doom WADs

I've got an itch to play a multiplayer tank game. Out of these three, which one is the least shit that could give me the most amounts of fun assuming I'm willing to git gud at it but not to the point of playing it day and night(at most two hours a day): World of Tanks, Armored Warfare, Warthunder? if there's a better alternative that's also multiplayer I'm all for it, as long as it's free because I'm a cheapskate

Ziggurat and Powerslave.
I don't remember if Tower of Guns had reloading or not.

Not really what I was going for, but I'll look into it since I have a PS2. I was shooting for games that let you play as a kind of animal, like Evolve.

If you're willing to play as the prey Rainworld is pretty good, but I can't think for anything where you're playing a predator for the life of me, besides maybe Feeding Frenzy.

Natural Selection, Tokyo Jungle, Life of Black Tiger, or Depth.

Armored Warfare without a doubt.

Looks fun, might pick it up
Fucking flash-game tier, damn.
Have it already
I'm getting a PS3 soon, so it's on my to-grab list
Nah, looks like hot ass
Got it, and it's dead in the water.

I know it's pure fucking garbage.
Oh, Carlos.

Any games where I can be a giant monster or mech with satisfying levels of destruction?

steel battalion

Brigador, Slave Zero(kind of), EDF(but it's not the main objective), Giants: Citizen Kabuto

If I may, why Armored Warfare in particular?

this reply meant for

War of the Monsters

half the fun is wrecking the level and a bunch of them have special weapons or events if you break the right stuff

you can completely level a city to it's foundations
it's great

Oh shit was this the game where you got to play as Jet Jaguar?

I wouldn't actually recommend any of those tank games, but AW has the least amount of pay-to-win. AW is in a really bad place right now but it doesn't try to leech as much money from you as the others.
thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/02/12/armored-warfare-what-went-wrong/

So basically what you're telling me is forget about the games entirely, thanks user.

It's unfortunate, I know.

A game, specifically RPG if able, where I can have a grand adventure like in Lord of the Rings.
I just rewatched LotR again

Chronicles of Ys/Ys Books I&II

Eurotruck Sim 2

Arcanum magic has its moments.

you are wise, user. although it's much more benign than SS3, it's still pretty heart-wrenching when it hits the elevator to the final levels doesn't work. no idea if saves can be carried over for when you buy a legit copy

A platformer that has cleavage/fan-service like shantae.

I've a;ready checkout every other wayforward game.

Kurovadis

dont starve gave me an itch that it just can't scratch
wat play

Awesome thanks

Oh, hah, i totally misread that.

maybe you've already played the classics but Simcity 2000, Simcity 3000, theme hospital, cities skylies,

A game for laptop without a graphics card where I can plug in a xbox 360 controller and play off the TV (and the controls arn't shit)?

What game is closest to capturing what it's like to be an ork?

Any dos platformer, almost every indie game.

Try bleed maybe?

Already played Bleed, was hoping for a good suggestion but I guess I'll just look at indie titles. Thanks anyways.

Here are more recommendation…

Limbo
Retrocity rampage
Ballistics
Classic spelunky
gog version of rayman 2
Mutant mudds
Parasite in the City
Geometry Wars
Insanely twisted planet

Oddworld: Abe's Oddyssey and Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus

World of Tanks is full of serious gamebreaking issues (OP artillery that ruins high tier gameplay, premium shells that render same-tier armor obsolete, ridiculous power creep), Armored Warfare is dead in NA, and War Thunder is grindy as FUCK (and that's saying a lot, because World of Tanks is a fucking grind machine). Hate to say it but there are no F2P tank games worth a damn. And even if you opened the doors up to similar content like Mechwarrior, you still don't get anywhere because they suck dick too.

At least War Thunder planes are fun. I'll give them that.

Various Dragon Quests, maybe? I think Final Fantasies also do this.

GTA San Andreas

A game with playable cyborg/robot ninjas that isn't
MGR
Hagane
Ninja Warriors Again

Kys nigger.

DOOD

AM2R, SNES or N64 emulator

Euro truck 2 looks like the perfect game for me. Do I need a good pc to run it though?

Open world, third person, beautiful, comfy

4 gigs of ram and a dual core CPU.

If you don't mind some tedium then Soulbringer.

…kenshi?

also, if not yet released:

Armored Warfare had some good ideas in the beginning but it still ended up a WoT clone, granted with less jewry and at some point they were trying. Those two games are completely different than War Thunder, which is a shit game but you can have fun with it if you don't get obsessed in grinding high tier vehicles, have fun where you at and preferably play it with other people. At least you can switch between tank, anti air and planes

Well shit, I want kinda musou game where you use over-the-top melee action to wipe countless hordes of enemies, but actually having decent combat system and dangerous enemies.
I already played onechanbara and NMH series, is there something else?

Are there any decent tower defense hybrid games, like Orcs must Die? It doesn't have to be a TPS/TD hybrid.
I've played sanctum and it was shit
I recall an user a while back had mentioned a really good looking one but I have completely forgot the name.

A tight platforming experience.

If you can get your hands on it, give the Basra games a try.
Ys isn't really over the top but the combat system is breddy gud and the enemies are dangerous enough. Wait for Lacrimosa or import.

An RPG without quests, or other nonsense. A setting that has things to do that are interesting and not crammed down your throat. Kinda like pic related.

hungry for a dungeon crawler.

All i want is a low-end singleplayer game that doesn't get repetitive quickly.
And maybe JRPGs with original settings and fresh gameplay, the farther from Final Fantasy, the better.

If you don't like dos games, arx fatalis is pretty solid crawler

Actually, it can be mid-end, for a shit GPU but a nice CPU.

Have you played Dustforce?

I've also heard They Bleed Pixels talked up, although I didn't personally care for it.

Games that just have a bizarre feeling to them. In an environment and story sort of way. Games like E.Y.E., Neverhood and Oddworld

Morrowind, it's environment is easily the best thing about it.

Crysis

Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000

Dungeon Siege
Exanima

Bump for this. Come to think of it Nier Automata kinda fits, but I played it as well. 100%ed it even.

I played basara 2 and 3. 2 was a straightforward musou rip off, and 3 while having nice crazy feel to it still didn't have any complexities or dangerous enemies.

Ys is absolutely fucking unrelated tho.

Lichdom: Battle Mage

Fast paced high skill combat

Already know the following;
Dead Cells, Dustforce, Nuclear Throne