Post Casual Filters

No Dark Souls shit here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zmyDrJJaLoo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyone who uses a screen filter, is a casual.
Same with CRT users

Dont you have better bait?

But that's what I was implying…

I thought casual filters were for main game things only? Anyway, first level of pic related

Any Ys game

But that's what I was implying…

Why can't more games have something like this?

Just post bosses you think are hard

user you are retarded

Yeah, I think I might be

Would they make more money from the vast hordes of normalfags if they did that more often? Probably not, which is exactly why it won't be in more games.

Boss fight was both hard to win and hard to look at.

Nigger a casual filter is something that can't be avoided when playing through a game

I should have named the thread "Hardest bosses in vidya", but I wanted to make a little joke and ended up changing the meaning completely.

my bad

It's ok user, have a true casual filter

The real challenge is fighting with the controls being reversed from the SNES game

No it's just fine :)

Doesn't ninja gaiden black offer easy mode at the cost of wearing a sissy pink armband? I remember seeing the option after a certain amount of deaths. I also remember getting an achievement in NG2 after dying like 100 times, or something like that.

Actual casual filters are stuff like the plane scene in Bayonetta, the noob bridge in metroid.

what's the filter in the plane scene? i've beaten that game a gorillion times and don't remember any parts being particularly crushing except for certain aspects of infinite climax

I am 90% certain that the mode you're talking about was part of the sigma re-release and not black

People get caught on the part with the torture attack win condition.

huh i don't remember, was it a challenge room?

This isn't as hard if you know that Mary rubberbands if you go past her so it's easier to just stay right next to her right until the end.

No it's right at the very beginning when you are on the plane that's flying through the city and crashes into the building.

Hard mode changed my life

Well 10% was all you needed to be wrong

Ninja dog mode is what it was called it gave you that arm band and unlimited Talismans of rebirth so it was impossible to lose.

oh you mean the timer sequence, doi. i was thinking about the level on a plane

Also probably shouldn't count, added in a rerelease. Vanilla SMT3 was panned in Japan btw.

Is this that one retarded boss that spams lasers that just hang in the air?

This counts ?

Holy shit just beat it already you fucking autist, every fucking time SSU is brought up you just have to sperg about something as meaningless as a control swap on a fucking kirby game.

LOL
it's funny because the game itself is a casual filter

No this is the asshole who knocks your moves out of your menu and throws you around like a hankie.

I wanna cum inside that

i do have a save from before the aqueducts but at BR40 whereas i did a ton of quests in part 2 and at BR55 now

It's like I'm really on 4chan!

only x2

just look at all those heads as well
one of them is bound to want to give you a blowjob

Fuuuuuuuck, don't do this to me user. Now I want to make it my wife. is this thing a boss or a portal?

Then get out, nobody is stopping you. I don't see how this is like halfchan at all. People here are more cynical, unless that's the issue and you want people to use emojis again like the very first year of halfchan.

any and all mmo fights

Think of all the different ways each head would get you off

You can climb on it, as one sucks your dick and switches it between three heads, one sucks the shaft, another the tip, another the base, while another is eating your ass out deep, pushing the tongue against your prostate, and yet another is sucking on your balls while YET ANOTHER is licking your chest. Oh my god I'm gonna cum just thinking about it.

Spider lair wasn't difficult, just annoying.

Stop it, I already fapped earlier by that i mean we need a writefag on this stat

GO TEAM ANT!

The fuck is a Hankie?

A miniature Hank Hill.

Hankerchief.

Do you mean A Handkerchief?

that's a "hanklet"

I only play games for mature gamers such as myself.

I certainly don't play kiddie shit made for fujoshis and fags

It was a rerelease sure, but it was the only version released outside of Japan. Also citation needed on that low review shit, Wikipedia says otherwise

Have another reply.

I also want to fuck mickey and goofy

Just escalating levels of filtration till the very end.

Anything in a game that makes casuals stop playing.

the rest of the damn game is easier than that fucking driving test

The infamous Disney levels.
They purposely made stuff like that and Lion King's monkey stage and Pinocchio's roller coaster stage to have better chances of you buying a game after renting it and failing to complete it.

The irony being that such bullshittery often cost them a sale instead.

Get out with this meme shit.

I remember everyone at school knew the cheat for this game, so the bullshit level's weren't too much of a problem since I remember skipping them, but I did manage to actually beat this game legit eventually.

This whole game.

That part with the yellow platforms that went back and forth fucked me up more than the blocks, honestly.

I actually have multiple friends who simply quit when they couldn't beat REX multiple times, which is amusing since everyone knows how to beat Psycho Mantis now.

Also holy fuck the boost guardian is an absolute bitch.
On low% hard runs it can actually insta-kill you with one of it's attacks.

OP you're a goddamned idiot with your titling.

Hardest boss I've fought in an RPG brawler that comes to mind is the Operator from the W2, the bonus boss of the game.

Prove me wrong.

The remake doesn't count because Yorick holds your hand the entire time.

Yeah i wanted a pic of that but i didnt look very hard

I know people who took legit months trying the one involving a bunch of skyline on the test course.
I did it the bitch way

Is it good?

But I can't.

DD had a dickload of difficulty spikes, mostly due to it's shit balance
Though it only rarely feels blatantly unfair, a little grit will get you through most of the game and it feels damn good

That frost aura was such bullshit

Don't even get me started. No matter what class I pick, I always have a hard time with that big ass bug. using that speed boost with the assassin does nothing because of the frost. He can 1-shot your summons as a necromancer or druid. Pure Might ain't shit when you don't have good def.

I had a harder time with the heli boss fight. I was playing without the minimap though.

As hilarious as seeing noobs meleeing the lightning elites

Although not insanely hard, its funny how the hardest boss in the game is actually the first one.

Someone has already said it probably but turning back time to the beginning of the boss fight just before you kill him is bullshit.

I hate myself because I became so conditioned by new games that let you destroy everything, I couldn't believe I couldn't pass through the bandits or the dragon. Autistically overpowered myself until I fucked them up before moving on

Some Doom wads are pretty tough.

what? which bandits do you mean and which dragon? unless its plot important you are never stopped by enemies in this game you can just run past them.

You are like a child, watch this.

What's with those fucking hippo tails? They feel so counter intuitive when swinging on them. It might be an emulation issue but I doubt that. Swinging to the right as far as I can and then jumping while holding right usually sends Simba to the left, sometimes to the right, sometimes he just jumps short. Incredibly frustrating.

EU4 is a casual containment game, not filter.
Something like HoI3's OOB or Vicky 2's production/trade menus are casual filters - not extremely complicated systems but casuals give up the second they get confused with all the information.

that's exactly when I dropped the game

should've posted the part where you first meet a group of floating octopi and they're massive health sponges

Roguelikes? Yes if they're done right. Most are difficult because they don't give the player enough ways to solve a given situation, or pull cheap insta-kill shit on the player.

The whole game on hard mode really, since everything gets more aggressive.

Oh is this the thread where we act like reddit and say we're better than those filthy casuls and boast about how spending more hours playing games than them makes us better than them?

I assume he means the one in front of the shadow fort who can and will fuck you shit up at lower levels.

The bandits on the hill to reach the Witch's Forest and the Firedrake near the lake.
I know i could run but the fact i had to do it in such a long fucking time in a game was mildly baffling.I was also on hard on the first run because it's what i usually do in every game.In retrospective, an error considering the amount of gold dropped by simply goblins in the long run

Actually hold a former world record on at least one speedrun, cunt, and made guides for several games.
You going to act like you're above proving your ability to talk mechanics?

They tell you in codec to use first person/stereo to "find" the heli but the sound design just isn't great.
If you have it set to mono they actively tell you you're kinda' fucked.

I had no problem finding it, i had trouble avoid the missiles.

I hadn't thought about that, that would be a serious fucking issue with that camera and no radar.

there are two trails in and he is only one one, o you might not even see him
also he is incredibly easy to sneak around or run past, his only non-melee attack is fire breath which is slow and telegraphed and he dosnt move very fast, you might lose some retarded pawns that try to fight him but eh.

these might actually fuck you up, they might be some of the first enemies you fight, they have archers, and there is no particular reason to expect them to hit so hard

It's a great game. It's one of the best JRPGs in ages, and the art and cartography aesthetic is fucking amazing.

One of the original NES filters was Death Mountain on Zelda 2. In a game that's hard as balls having a fucking maze filled with instant-death traps is gonna filter out some babies.

Because it's shit? The original version of it offered no meaningful distinction between characters, the IZJS version still leaves you with no long-term choice in developing characters. It's the antitheses of what an RPG should be.

>Hey, let's make a boss who's aware that he's outrageously overpowered and will rez your party members JUST TO KILL THEM AGAIN FOR FUNSIES.
FUCK YOU.

Whoever invented rubberbanding like that should be shot.

It's bullshit though.
Even after you make an account, it still only lets you log in 1 time out of 20. And then STILL it's just an e-hentai clone, with absolutely nothing new, other than a dark skin.

Is that Mod Mat K

nice meme

But real talk, its the fucker who spams Ice Spells at you whilst your stats get constantly drained during Desert Treasure

That's not the pretzel motion.

damn, I was about to say.
Geese for life.

The casuals don't ever get to the pretzel motion though, at that point they're already filtered out by dp or fireball motions.

Fuck Kadonashi, I got stuck on that level for days

anyone here played Tohou games? Looks pretty hard

youtu.be/zmyDrJJaLoo

More like heterosexual, not-furry man filter

i had no problems with duriel as a barbarian
as a summon necromancer, i THINK i had problems, but on nightmare and after i had no problems with duriel

you shouldnt be a summon druid anyway because they suck

remember that part where you fight 10000 nagas, or was it naga queens?
maybe casuals wouldn't even get past the mission to kill the crystal dragon though

The whole Dragon Slayer campaign was basically "restart until you get Berserk in your town in the first scenario"

I dunno, it's kinda cathartic watching dumbasses get obliterated in monster hunter.

I seldom open that window

I started playing 3U a couple of days ago, it's my first Monster Hunter, any tips? Using Long Sword btw

I remember when SF2 first first came out and people thought that pulling off consecutive dragon punches was a master level skill.
Personally I find telling people to do a "Z" motion works better because they will otherwise oversteer and follow through to an hadouken.

I had to bully a faggot here a few months ago for getting lost in a level with three rooms and color-coded passageways.

Ah, you were drawn to the glory of it. Can't blame you.

However, a better weapon to get you into the nature of Monster Hunter is the Greatsword. The reason is, due to it's long telegraphing strikes and slow movement speed while drawn, it FORCES you to look for the opening of your opposing monster and strike only when you know you can draw your weapon, hit, then put it away and roll away. It also has the benefit of blocking when drawn just in case.

But f you INSIST on using the longsword, then you need to know this.

>green

The problem lies more in the faggots who could be posting the links from e-hentai because 90% of the time it's not part of the exclusive stuff, but have to post their exhentai version because seasoned internet veteran amirite :^)

But he's the fucking final boss, the true casual filter would be Howl.
Also contributing

I personally didn't find the game that hard until I got to Christopher.

Verified.

Never could beat this and never bought it after the rental. That level was fucking stupid. Still is. I bet there isn't another "puzzle level" after that, either.

Hammer master race. Many men think we are just about hitting things. But we are also about the when and the where of hitting things

How can greatswording (in MODERN MH these days in particular) be a casual filter?

The only problem is that you're not guaranteed a 100% stagger and/or kill when you land a level 3 on it. If you were, there'd be no filter. Faggots coming from 4U using the charge blade because it was a free ride, now THAT is the casual filter.

I log in every time just fine. Are you using the plugin?

MH XX thankfully doesn't have a casual filter, because the game is bad

MHX and MHXX lacked so much content, and were so easy

It's not what you find hard, it's what people of low skill levels find hard, and it has to be something much before the final boss. In my case, I didn't find any of the hunting missions particularly troubling save for cheap camera deaths, but I know of people who curse this game because they couldn't get past Security Hall because of the time limit and the fact they can't bother to learn the general layout of the level.

That much I know. I kinda' gave up on Generations being fun after 300 hours or so. I tried to get worth, but I just find myself yearning to go back to 4U and Dual Blades/HBG things some more.

Fuck, if the taint from MHX/XX are left over come MH5, I might have to drop the franchise, and I LOVE Monster Hunter. Fuck me.

What you didn't enjoy the game being a horrible mishmash of half baked ideas? wow talk about just a typical entitled gamer, I bet you hate wymyn

Worked better for MGSV than Monster Hunter.

Because MGS5 was at least designed around those half baked ideas. MHX/XX they were just thrown on top and not really integrated at all, or just an annoying change to already established systems.

How the fuck something you don't even fight during normal gameplay is even considered "filter"? What does it filter out, if player already pretty much beat the game?
This so fucking stupid op, try sucking less cocks next time.

read

Frankly, nothing scares casuals/normalfags away like something innovative and interesting that they haven't seen a thousand times over.

Well faggot should have deleted his thread and remake it properly.
That being said I would still post Cerberus.
That fucking dog IS the hardest boss in the entire game, even after you get all your shit and upgrades together.

What? Even on Dante Must Die he's not that bad, provided you're using Trickster and Agni & Rudra. Vergil's third round is the hardest boss in the game.

I mean Cerberus may be a casual filter but the fight shouldn't last more than 30 seconds if you know what you're doing.

God those shits gave me cancer.

This is true, getting out of one's comfort zone is exceeding difficult with each passing year. Especially since most of experimental games end up being legitimate shit.
But it also results in a large amount of good ones left to obscurity, their ideas never evolving into something great.
How many people do you think dismissed Ghost Trick simply because it's a "puzzle game"?

I actively avoided using trickster after realising how broken it is. I also usually had to retry once or none on Vergil3 since his telegraphs are pretty obvious, when they exist.
But to this day I can't fucking figure movest of Cerberus and how to properly react on everything.

Through the 90's and leading up to 2003 or so, the big developers would make it a point to add some small innovation to each new release in a series. Now it's all about shaving away and streamlining.

That's not Axl.

He's the last person you face in nearly every character's story mode and forces you to learn at least a few combos with the character you're playing as if you want to get to the true ending. that's if you don't get bored of the story

I believe he means the bandits beyond the rolling rock near the first town, early in the game they are a motherfucker so you might as well just go at night

Greatsword makes the game too easy. Shit dies fast with it.
The only problem you might have with a GS is with that giant super dragon.

The real casual filter there is DANCE WATER, DANCE! and he's only there to force you into an aoe build for the upcoming thousand heartless battle.

Took me 3 fucking months to beat this guy when I was 12

HEALTH POOL BIG
WHY SO BIG
SO MANY HEALTH FUCK

Ayy, I just started MH4U a few days ago with Hammer. Pounding skulls is great.

which gayme

Not so bright savior of power and wizardry

Mysterious Figure is harder than any boss in any Dark Souls.

maybe i'm just lucky but even when i started getting into fighting games i could do the DP naturally, and that's not trying to brag or anything i'm just pretty-okay at even my best fighter i just find it odd how many people get hung up on the idea of the DP

cerberus and murai are still the most accurate "casual filters" in this thread because they will actually filter out casuals who don't wanna learn to play the game right

I don't get it.

Still remember recommending this to a friend and learning that said friend had already tried it FFT and rage quit on that one level.

Still, I'm surprised no one mentioned Dwarf Fortress yet. The entire game is a huge casual filter: from graphics and controls all the way down to accidentally flooding your fort because you tried to create a well for your dehydrated dwarves.

Pic related. Battle Network 3 had the most complex bosses in the series. Each of these could seriously fuck you if your folder wasn't built specifically to counter their cheap antics. This guy was the worst, because the chips that you have available to counter him at that part of the game are shit, unless you're a cheapass who spams Flashman.

Seymour Flux is a casual filter. The guardian thing after it is hard too because you assume that, like most other bosses, it would be immune to status.

Ants are a casual filter, but air elementals are just pure bullshit. They're why I always wish for half physical damage on neutral and chaotic characters above literally anything else.

Try clearing your cookies, hothead

top yuy

And dont forget that the first style change you get before fighting him is fire element.

don't play Gen/XX it gets hilariously bloated.

That's not guaranteed (the element chosen for all style changes is totally random) but it does suck if it happens. If it's your first time playing the game then you'll probably get fucked over by the guts style anyway.

If you're going to be a faggot, could you at least be less of a faggot and post lingering will instead?

Actually I did, I listed it as one of the two weapons to use when starting to get used to how the game wants you to play.

GS is the easiest weapon to use and if you can't win hunts regularly with it, you need to fucking give up the hunt and go home

Sometimes I have to because the AI wont buy a particular resource that I really need when building a bunch of a particular thing. This usually happens when playing an uncivilized nation and trying to build a transportation fleet, I have to manually buy the clippers more often than not.

Yeah so far this game is a fucking pain I have to try to fucking level up my team just to beat that first water temple boss, I visit another area right after I beat that boss and some fucking mega dog comes out of nowhere and whoops my ass. What the fuck? Imo the game can needs some work, but it is a good game. My problem is the lack of gear change and stuff. At times the game feels empty.

These fuckers.

Anytime there is more than one, it is harder than any boss and can kill you in just a few short seconds. Fuck these fucking things.

I always play on Serious and these fuckers are forever the bane of my existence.

Matador is designed to fuck you if you don't realize the buffing and debuffing is key. Max speed so you can't touch him as he wrecks you, stealing your turn presses as his first move before you can even get a chance to counter him.

Fucking kill me

And the worst part about making a niche folder just for one boss is that since your chips are moved to the folder instead of copied, you have to cannibalize your main folder to construct a new one, meaning you need to write down all the shit you have so you don't forget, and that's just a pain in the ass

I quit playing the game before the endgame solely because I didn't want to fight that nigger again

I remember my first Deviljho. All four of us in one room helped each other get to hr31 and we fought a Qurupeco. Jho shows up and we decide to fight it and THREE OF US DIED IN ONE DRAGON BREATH failing the quest. Many laughs were had, good times.

I thought it was hard because i kept doing 6236 instead of 623, once i figured that out, i never missed since.

Did you quote the wrong post?

I think he means the bandits near some castle ruins outside the tunnel from the first town, they fucked my shit when i got there the first time

I just didn't like the HP bloat. I was fine with everything but Hyper HP bloat. Nothing in the entire franchise has made me feel less like hunting than seeing the Hyper icon on a quest. It's Bethesda-tier difficulty, just bloat the shit out of the monster HP and call it a day.

I'd rather hunt Lagiacrus in the Flooded Forest.

Yup, there's so fucking many of them and they hit really fucking hard at the start. They'll fuck your shit up real hard.

Somehow, the tutorial.

I didn't think it was much harder than revengeance, and seems like a lot more people thought that was fine. Different crowd?

I had trouble on the hardest difficulty on the tutorial for about 3 hours before i swapped to controller and started getting to the final boss without dying after few more tries.
after I finished the tutorial thou I haven't picked the game back up yet i'll come back to it sooner or later when all the dlc comes in one big pack

UT99 campaing on hardest dificulty

Far Cry 1(PC,not that trash 360 version) on hardest dificulty

Crysis on Delta without using the cloak

Severance Blade of darkness without using the lock on

Gothic 1 and 2

Hotline Miami 2, although its easy, but casuals were butthurt because they couldnt cheese the game with doors and enemies could see their dumb asses through windows

I assume you already played the whole game on a lower difficulty? I know some people that will waste a dozen hours and never finish a game just to avoid swallowing their pride.

I don't think you understand what this thread is about.

what no go hardest or nothing thou I do stop playing the game I come back to them and finish up in a sitting or so when I get in the mood.

The lava level was infinitely worse, honestly.

OT:
I co-oped this game with my brother, and Jesus Christ did this boss piss him off, getting stunlocked and dying repeatedly.

The lost world is best JP movie

I remember that price of me completing this level for a girl was touching her boobs.

Oh come on. You didn't like the wind changing direction on you?

well, did you complete it?

Yes. And I am pretty sure I helped with some other games aswell. Cant recall which games it were. But I do remember that it was a nice pair.

1kat
silk only

This entire game.

That tiger is the hardest part of the game, the only reason being you don't have access to magic yet.

The boss himself isn't that hard, but the tiny area and the AI being unable to stay out of harm's way is really harsh. Not only are your dumb pawns useless, but it's super hard to charge your attacks, too. The recolored tiger that shows up near the end of the game is a complete pushover by comparison.

Made me think of this

That chest is actually really hard to see in the PSP version. However, it's in a fucking giant "there is obviously a chest here" nook.

Overreacting much? RPGs are not just whant you think they should be you autistic fuck.

For what purpose? I've been using sadpanda for about 7 years, and it's as simple as clearing cookies on sadpanda, logging in on e-hentai and going back to sadpanda. That's it, you're good to go until the next time you wipe cookies in your browser.

It's not that simple anymore, sometimes you have to wait a week or two for some reason and some people even had to play that shit game to get by the sad panda.

What do you mean? That is still the method I use, and it never ever fails.

Any NES game.

Never worked for me. No fucking clue why. I painstakingly followed the instructions to the letter multiple times and even tried the plugin but it never worked. Then I downloaded Chrome and tried it on that piece of shit and it worked flawlessly and on the first try.

I've used chrome for a while now, maybe that's why it works.

That legitimately pissed me off. I was playing the PC release, and the HUD is turned off by default. I died several times with no instruction or even hint as to why I was dying. I just assumed I wasn't killing things fast enough. Eventually I figured out what was wrong.

t. Someone who can't get past the panda.

The game is incredibly unbalanced for the jump between normal and hard. I only died once during the tutorial though.

Not anymore. There's a Fire Fox add on that automatically gets past the sad panda for you now.

That plugin straight up didn't work for me.
The one on Chrome worked though

Isn't that just a waste of the money/effort you spent on it?

I mean, isn't the point of selectable difficult so you are always challenged but never bored? You experienced 1% of the game, while someone else who was more realistic about their capabilities enjoyed the whole thing.

Probably the worst aspect of Revengeance is the tutorial tho. VR space with long exposition and intro and end animations that take forever to get through.
Also, the grunt you are supposed to parry can just be cut down, meaning you don't necessarily know how to parry after the tutorial.
Revengance is a fantastic game that reviewed poorly because it's tutorial is utter shit, the only thing it does well is being skipable.

I would have beaten this first try if it weren't for the AI companion attacking with the wrong element three times in a row and giving medusa smirk. So I beat her second try…

it ain'tn't that hard unless you just get fucked by rng.

I admit, the game was a lot more fun the second time since it was part 1 of the final boss I realized I could parry something no matter how big it was.

Game isnt that hard even with hardmode(which funnilly enough made it easy with money). You just got to know which vocation to use.

The game is ridiculously easy overall, which is why they released hard mode in the first place
It just has points where the difficulty spikes tremendously
Like I said, it has shit balance

Oh come on, it's not that hard. As soon as the red Daira telegraphs, fucking jump over his axe and smack him.

How the fuck do you even parry in that fucking game tho?

I thought link had some pointy tits for a second

That shit was the easy part. Only got through the Tower of Lahja because of that music, though. Shit's hard and sometimes a bit unfair, but the control is tight and movement is predictable. The only failure is in the player.

I can tell you right now that the game doesn't get any easier. I played through the whole game, and you really have to commit. The best part is the international version was changed to make it easier than the original Japanese. I agree that the game is good, but it's really bare bones. The devs are making another game I hope that it keeps the difficulty and fleshes things out more.

I bet a little bicth like you cant even play those games on normal

I replayed R&C a couple months ago on an emulator and this section still gave me some trouble even knowing full well now that you can just say fuck the slimes and run past/jump over them.

unilluminated savior of influence and arcanes

That part still trips me up to this day, but only because of how easy it is to forget that Sonic can't stand between the two blocks without dying, but can fit when in ball form.

i've beaten every game in this thread; theyre all too easy for the likes of me…

The only one that irritates me was the metal golem in the witchwood, since I'm not an archer my pawns needed to shoot the last one in a tree but they refused, which made me have to jump off the fuckers head repeatedly and smack it with my weapon

Day One of Siren (Forbidden Siren in the UK)

Someone brought it to my attention that this game got a port to the PS4 and looking at the trophies, most people only complete the first mission and then stop playing the game. (First level trophy completion rate is ~75%, Day one missions completed is ~7%)

I like to think most players encounter Officer Ishida (The first enemy) and get fucked because the game gives you just seconds to get to a safe spot, and he's got a flashlight and Gun so if he spots you he will kill you quickly.

definitely
hardest boss in the game.

it's in black

thought this as well.
I'd count it, it was frustrating avoiding get hit enough to get magic power. A good teaching mechanic.

Infinite climax was bullshit and I loved it

I was dissapointed.
I missed out on the ending because I didn't die in the tutorial

I love Siren but it's one of those games that would have been ten times better if the controls were not so clunky and bizarre. That isn't even going into the totally obtuse requirements for actually completing the levels either.

Of course it's possible that you didn't buy Unite Guts immediately, in which case they can be annoying without powered-up morphs.

Give it a try yourself. This secret boss is one of the most mechanically broken pieces of shit I've ever seen in a video game. All the flaws you hear listed about Birth By Sleep's physics and engine come full fucking force in this ridiculous exercise in frustration with no actual strategy for beating it unless you count spamming Thunder Surge and Curaga as actual thinking.

His rematch as a story boss in KH DDD is when he can do that and has actual balance. The original secret boss can randomly do turn back time to instantly reverse damage any time you attack him and any time he doesn't is pure luck.

Who the fuck tested this thing?

The Long Sword seems like such a cool weapon, but I just can't get the hang of its playstyle and I feel so helpless swinging it around.

Any tips for someone who's only got gud with Great Sword and Switch Axe thus far?

Try the entire Zero trilogy. I tried out my roommate's Zero Collection and got my shit kicked in by Aztec faggot Falcon and even just the tutorial and first stage of Zero 2.

grim jesus christ of power and sorcery

Real casual filters coming through.

Back when MMO communities actually mattered before the fall of video games. This place weeded the casual scum from the people who actually wanted to work as a team. This place prevented shitters from entering your Juno parties.

What do you mean by that?

If you have to ask, then you'll never know.

Then I'd better not see more posts like yours vaguely hinting that you've got some problem with MMOs communities.

I'm saying that WoW's auto-party feature was a death blow for the genera where server communities were a thing. Places like that were impossible to solo and before "level syncing" was a thing everyone needed to carry their own weight if they wanted to see past level 20. Do you know what MMOs were like before WoW?

I try to wear what I like the look of the most while keeping in mind not to have a disadvantage. It shamefully often takes me a while to get everything a need for armor, so I mentally register progress in the back of my mind.

Eventually getting to G Rank is going to be awkward to properly adjust to as a teammate. I already hear how some people don't like GS wielders that constantly sheathe and have to chase down a faster monster in between hits, exactly what I do to stay on the action depending on how dangerous it seems at the moment. What? They're actively fucking trying to play the game and pull their weight as a party instead of slowly trudging over ready to block just to stay safe.

Guess I'm just bad.

I did it all once, and I'll never do it again.

Care to compare having played both?

honestly i feel minotaur is harder since at that point not many demons resist phys and there are fewer demons with bufu to recruit besides you can recruit demons that learn zionga at the point that you fight medusa

OK READY GO UP
KAY NOW GO DOWN
KAY NOW EITHER WAY
ALL FIGURED OUT NOW?
KAY HAVE A ? YOU FAGGOT MOTHER FUCKER, EAT SHIT

This fucking game

DANCE WATER DANCE

Oh how I wish that was true.

>time in quest: 6 minutes

Not really. It has some reach, you can combo some regular slashes in the middle of a spirit combo, so on. It's all about the aggro and really, not the best weapon for everything due to how long it has to be drawn and how aggressive you have to be

I AM SO MAD

Is Deviljho the MH equivalent of a shitpost incarnate?

Yep. Had to stop playing hard mode right about here.

I think the controls are fine. RE4 tank controls are alright, and since the game will occasionally switch camera perspectives it works out better this way. The Context menu is a god-send. Combat took a second to get used too because it was hard to gauge how far enemies were when trying to melee them but that fixed itself quickly.

Yeah, this is the elephant in the room. The developers wanted to create an experience where people would have to go to the internet and talk amongst each other to figure things out and it worked for better or worse.

It doesn't help that some of the puzzles that do have hints in the Manual are still so vague that the hints do nothing. I did manage to circumvent the notorious towel puzzle with some quick reflexes but I had to go to gamefaq a few times to figure out some objectives because the game gives you no clues.

I hope you got really, really good at dodgine

I really like fighting groups of those. My friends and I have taken to calling it the Kleer dance when you're taking them one at a time with the coach gun, dodging them with slight movements and a lot of luck

Or do like EA does with their sports-games. Take away features from the old games, and then re-introduce them as new stuff 5-7 years later.

Fuck, NHL 99 had Hot Streaks, Cold Streaks and Goalie Fatigue in Season-mode. But NHL 17 doesn't even remotly have anything that resembles dynamic skill-changes on the players depending on how they perform.

Boy, I sure love stalemates.

your opinion is discarded.

That Deviljho joke is priceless.

Imagine a shitpost that succeeds in baiting and derailing the entire thread until it's bumplocked without ever returning to the original topic. Devoljho in Tri has more HP than Alatreon, the end game online only elder dragon. He hits as hard, if not much harder, than him. Normal monster fights have an advantage when the monster is tired as the monster is normally slow and easily avoided. Deviljho isn't as when he gets hungry, he drools. When he drools, ANY bite attack inflicts a crippling Def down debuff, and he gets pin happy. And he gets hungry super easy. It's common for hunters to NEVER see a "calm" jho during a fight because he will often slingshot between being hungry and enraged.

Speaking of enraged; that's when he grows, glows red, and then starts shooting fuck you dragon breath which rapes the shit out of anyone without good dragon resistances, which basically didn't exist in Tri vanilla so you were most likely gonna die. It's also totally possible to be enraged AND hungry at the same time and it's fun as fuck when he decides to pin you during said hungry rage.

However, in some hunts, he's helpful as he'll sometimes target the OTHER MONSTER as his source of food, and he's notoriously ended quests he's intruded on due to the sheer damage output he gives.

You gotta admit though, the rain made and background music made it comfy as fuck.

You press dodge at the right time. For strikes it is more lenient and for grapples you need to time it properly. Dodging takes SPA from the enemy and gives some to you, which is used to do moves that can't be dodged but that are telegraphed by making the player glow like when they dodge. So in other words, it is rock-paper-scissors. Strikes can be easily dodged by just spamming the button but for grapples you can end up missing the window of opportunity if you simply spam. For SPA moves you either get out of the way or do a SPA move at the same time for invuln frames. Once you figure out how to dodge properly, the game becomes easy, but since most players simply spam dodge, they get fucked by bosses like Kadonashi and Golem. Fuck Shinkai though, the damage from him wielding a sword is nowhere near justified.

Monsoon in Metal Gear Rising is probably the most recent blatant example to the point that lp'ers accurately called out that DSP would fucking hate him, since a skilled player can easily beat him and, at worst, sees him as a tax of emp grenades but anyone who hasn't figured out parry is gonna' hate the entire fucking affair since they somehow got halfway in laming it out.
The tutorial should force you to parry, but doesn't, and Bladewolf should force you to learn to parry, but doesn't, so you end up with people who hit Monsoon on lower difficulties and shit their pants.

Sundowner was meant to force casuals into figuring out how to accurately blademode but I know several people that just flanked his ass and suffered for it on the Armstrong debris later.

MGR was fun for me just because I got to see a bunch of casuals wake up to how shit they are for the first time in goddamned years.

Anything multiplayer is a casual filter

If his whip grab wasn't broken being unblockable, fast and with perfect tracking, he'd be a million times easier. Final Mix had to nerf it by adding an entirely new skill to counter it.

That means No Heart is the real casual filter, but only the PSP version. The 2.8 version is nerfed as fuck.

multiplayer is as casual as it gets

AHAHAHAHA

You forgot pics related

mario kart online is actually fucking impossible

Why do you think I posted it?

I'm not sure now
I posted mine because they're easy, I supposed you were doing the same?

[spoiler]I posted mine because the games are a major amount of RNG>actual skill, so they end up rewarding casuals more than skillful players.
The same as you but less obvious/severe.[/spoiler]

How do you forget how to spoiler in the span of 3 minutes

On a shit laptop at the moment, thing eats inputs.

Do you even know what a casual filter is?

Minotaur was way harder.

The casual filter is actually the rest of the game because most people got through liberty island, battery park and then stopped somewhere around the NSA catacombs/power station.

Somehow pic related is a casual filter for me, cannot get through this shit while having fun and doing what I want because if I don't rush through countries the demon army completely fucking shreks me.

Hard games are plebeian tier, originated in arcades, and later consoles. Real gaming is about immersion, exploration and upredicatability.

Real games are about progressive storytelling and pushing feminism forward in the toxic white cis male gaming culture.

This, but unironically.

I am 100% certain there will be a mission in new Wolfenstein where you blow up a notDrumpf's wall.

Screencap this post.

I'll one up you

What game?

War of the Lions, I think.
It's really poorly balanced and requires a lot of balancing to progress.

It's okay.

So, Final Fantasy Tactics?

Did ya'll even go through FFT?

Like, think about what you both just said and why it was wrong.