Phantasy Star Online 2: Hero Edition

Episode 5 set to launch with the new "Hero" class.

Other urls found in this thread:

arks-layer.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Should I be annoyed, or hyped?

Hyped. Also, Luther was my personal favorite villain in the game. The whole medieval theme mixed with Scifi reminds me of the original Phantasy Star games, so I felt pretty nostalgic.

Episode 5: World

Buster Quests are Episode 5’s main quests >This will be PSO2’s first 8 person Multi-party quest.

Hero Class Unlocking

So it's a parallel world where fantasy Trump has already finished the wall and we play mexicans? Also, I hope that "Buster Pile" isn't reskinned AIS because everything else sounds like TD with already spawned walls.

And the Hero class would be difficult to unlock. I have a gut feeling that this may be the final episode before plans for PSO3
Private Servers would be made by then.

i had no idea this game was still going? Can i buy it for the PS4?

Yeah, import it.
I don't know if the PS4 version is supported by English patches like the PC version. So learn Japanese just in case.

Really, nigger? Trump is the first thing to come to mind, and not "castle under siege?"

I actually tried to run it on my PS4, already had a throwaway JP account. Still failed.

If you're starting playing pso2 then yes, otherwise 75 titles on 3 classes isn't hard. It most likely won't be final, graphic update and PS4 version was only a while ago, so it'll probably be around for at least 4 years.

I know a guy who played it from US, so it's possible.

Ofcourse, I don't even know what castle under siege is, sounds like some wc3 map.

i found a torrent to download a english version of it. It's 44 gigs though so its gonna take me 4 hours plus to download it.

Have fun. There's episodes 1-4 though the first three episodes were kind of a pain with the matter board but it had a better story than episode 4. Luther is returning in episode 5 surprisingly and I believe it's probably due to popularity. I mean, Luther is the best villain and has a nice Falz Loser boss theme.

do i need a good controller for this game? I have a wireless generic PS3 controller.

Oh, you're downloading a PC version? Just use Tweaker arks-layer.com/ not sure if it'll have slower download but at least you won't have a huge filecheck after. You don't need a controller but you can use one if you enjoy it, I prefer KB+M though.

thats exactly where i got the download from! and yeah its the PC version. And 3 hours is pretty fast considering the file size, so i think I'm good. Hopefully i can get this controller to work. Although i may try the key board.

Got to admit I'm liking how this sounds.

Have fun with the really flexible character creation.
You can make them as milfy or as loli as you want. Want a thick thighed wide hipped flat chested loli with animal ears? You can make it.
Want to make a guy that looks like Todd Howard? Go ahead.

oh man! Now i am excited for this! I want a hot MILF with big hips and tits with elf ears! No no wait i want a strong burly guys type! No that's too generic! A sexy loli! No no no too perverted!

Damnit now i can't decide!

Fug. Almost forgot one of the coolest things about hero.

You get three character slots for free, and Sega hands out passes that let you remake your character fairly often as login bonuses. Go nuts with the best damn character creator on the market.

Sorry my friend but i cannot join you on this crusade. I am too busy fucking hot elf MILF pussy!

so SEGA can create one of the greatest character creator systems of all time, but the one for Sonic Forces is shitty OC donut steal tier. Why does SEGA want to make me happy and disappoint me at the same time?

Because there are different dev teams working on both games.
I'm fine with fucking elves as long as they get enslaved or killed afterwards.

So did they ever open up the game to filthy Westerners?

They don't block non-japanese IPs, if that's what you're asking.

This thread reads depressing to me. Everything I don't want is made reality. Wow guys a new class, wow right, and lvl 75 caps still.
People actually play this for the mission quests and story, lol. This should have been called PSU2, this game is an abomination to PSO's spirit. Does anyone remember true episodic content from 15 years ago? And someone is talking about pso3, gag. I am ashamed that pso1 has the same name as pso2.

I'm surprised fans aren't trying to do an HD remake of PSO1. I mean, we got the Ultima Server, but still.

I'll enslave her right after she stops enslaving my dick.

Rupika is cute.

elves are for loving and breeding user!

HD what? The game runs in 1080 resolution, widescreen fov, and we have HD gui for Ultima server. The game is as bright as it will ever shine, forever in the museum of private server to be analyzed and observed, and played with the rare nostalgic fan who wishes to return. No "HD remake" meme/fad, the game doesn't need it.

Technically they aren't elves. They're a modified variation of humans.

Modified to be cock sleeves?

Well, they're modified for photon sensitivity.

Oooh! It now makes sense! This is why kyasts have human body option and this is why female kyasts looks more humanoid! Though this leaves the question of what were the kyasts that they had to be converted due to "excessive photon power"…

You mean this wall?

You mean a CAST? I only have a passing familiarity with the Phantasy Star universe but I've never heard of a kyast.

user, you know people aren't taking it seriously anyway.

There is just this one autist who can't help but to much words and cry about every new balance adjustment everywhere on the internet.

CAST is キャスト in untranslated version, キャ kya ス su ト to, but really it['s better to call robogirls kyasts because kyaaa~ So I'm not wrong.

Casts in PSO2 continuity are cyborgs while the ones in PSO1 and PSU are pure androids.

Females are technically called "Caseals".

Okay, so…basically, the CASTs I knew from the first PSO are no more. Or, at least, they're a separated category from the ones in PSO2. Nowadays they're just organics who decided to go full Deus Ex. Got it.

But fucking why.

Because Phantasy Star is like Final Fantasy - it's all unrelated.

Because they catered to the money making milking anime tiddy fanbase, rather than the fanbase that liked pso1. Capitalism Ho, ruin my series will ya.

Only in the original Phantasy Star Online. Universe and PSO2 just say female cast.

Weren't they caseals in PSO1 and キャスト in PSO2?

To appeal to wider audience ofcourse! Also they are full-body cyborgs like Motoko, the only exception is Sierra, she's an android. Meanwhile, while limited, you can get PSO1 caseal body and head from badge shop, there's also a Lamia face which removes meatbag parts from face, I wish there were more.

Thats a RAcaseal head, the HUcaseal too is a robot in pso1, but really looks like a cute woman in a ninja suit.

The differences.

It's kinda ironic - PSO1 casts are robots, but looks like humans in spandex, while PSO2 one are cyborgs but look like full on gundams.
Though with that Ep4 navigator you can't even be sure which it is in PSO2. I think only Lisa was confirmed to be human at some point before being robotized.

Legias and Maria talk about it, too. I just don't remember when. They made it clear that all casts were meatbags at some point, too.

There're also Regius and Maria, pretty sure Regius had to be converted due to damage sustained during some battle or smth, probably same with Maria, she sounds like she was around for a long long time. Also I think there was something about casts working in administration due to their calculation ability or smth, don't remember though.

Gene has such great character design to her, too bad she has retard face model in game.

The worst part is that they're changing her clothes again to a sweater that covers up her tits.

So is this game worth playing? As a guy who liked the dark sci-fi feel of the OG phantasy star how does this one compare?

Xiera is a fully manufactured robot, she says she's two years old and she talks to other Xieras (all of them administrate ships). Cyborg CASTs are normal Arks who either took too much damage to stay fleshy or had weak bodies to begin with. Lisa is the latter.

for the love of christ
why?

They did it a while ago, it's not so bad since you can still use her original slut clothes.

Which one of them was dark again? I think the only full on serious PS game was PS3 all way back on genesis.

Xiera's not a cast, though. She's a high cast, and high casts are indeed completely artificial.

Probably should have mention OG Phantasy Star online with the whole missing colony and Dark Falz stuff. The game had this tone that I just really liked.

It still had plenty of whacky self aware japanese humour though, but because of technology it was mostly in text. But if you fear that PSO2 is PSU levels of retarded, it's not. It's like WOTS3, right somewhere in between WOTS1 and 4.

the best part about all this fanart is that none of it is really even an exaggeration of what you can actually do in the game pic3 has one piece of modded content and pic4 is pso2 ep4 sluts in honey select

Custom Maid 3D2 works well to imitate PSO2's art style, too.

Give players the freedom and they will ruin everything.

wow! that's amazing, much better than the honey select works

NICE

SOON

"Castle under siege" isn't a title of anything. It's how warfare worked in that era. Ballistas and Catapults to break the walls. Siege Towers and Ladders to get up the walls. It was all about castle walls.

on the one hand I am really looking forward to hero class but on the other hand I feel like it might end up being really binary i.e. if it's underpowered nobody plays it and if it's overpowered everyone does

we already have too many class diversity problems as it is …(esp with SEA players joining… they are all fucking bravers…)

The first few weeks, everyone will be heroes. After that, people will settle back in to their old favorites. This happens every time a new class comes out.

god, i hate those item boards.

There are always people who only play classes they find fun regardless of muh balance.
So however powerful or weak it might be people will play it if it's fun.

That's true if the class isn't so horrifically unbalanced that other classes just leave it in the dust. There's a reason so few people played force from halfway through Episode 1 until Episode 3.

Why do people not understand the importance of color when it comes to art? They have a great base concept but it's ruined by COLOR of all things. All the work has gone to waste on a throwaway 4/10 drawing that must have taken hours. Now look at this picture, at least 7/10, improved VASTLY just by adding saturation and a subtle glow effect.

People shouldn't be afraid to add color. That's why people seek out pic related instead of pic related #2

Last second bump!
Tomorrow will be the new SG scratch, guess the thread will be ded after that.

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but here we are.

needs moar color

Meanwhile, is it possible to get Gene model? Not sure if can/want to learn how to convert MMD to CM3D2 models.

Which ship you guys all on?

7-11 team is on 2 as most others probably. I think there was someone on non-2nd ship, probably 4th.

Unfortunately, the model is nowhere to be found. The closest I've gotten is a youtube video where the uploader explained that the model is all but gone from the internet because the guy who made the MMD model flipped a shit when he found out someone had converted it to CM3D2.

Is anyone else crashing when trying to feed their Mag?
It's been doing it for weeks now. I select "Feed Mag" and the game shits itself and crashes to desktop. Happens whether or not I use the Tweaker or any proxies.

Well I literally just started and finished making my character, but I guess now it's maintenance time or something? All of the ships seem to be down.

Yep. It's maintenance time. It's planned to go until 3 a.m. central time, but it usually ends anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes early.

Force has always been really strong though as long as it was geared properly. Techer on the other hand has always been weak and the least played class for that very reason. With the upcoming nerfs to zanverse its gonna get even weaker very soon.

If that were true, Episode 3 wouldn't have had to buff almost every tech to high hell.

dont kid yourself. Some techs are ass but the class has always been strong. Fire has been top tier. Il barta has been strong to the point they had to sup up the ice resistance of EQ bosses just so forces would not curb stomp them as badly mid ep3. Dark techs had their time in the sun with ep2 era il megid and na megid. Lightning is pretty shit compared to other options but even it had its time in the sun when gizonde raped things in ep1.Light has ragrants which has been great dps since tech crafting came out. Compound techs can with the right gear be spammed every 30 seconds or so and do massive damage which is why they are getting nerfed to a flat two min cooldown. Force has always offered unrivaled AOE and range while maintaining a high degree of damage and safety. The only downside is its boring as fuck.

Why people are playing anything other than SU then?

You might have some sort of color blindness dude, that looks horrific.

Someone has to be the zanverse slave

Don't kid myself, my ass. In the livestreams before Episode 3, the devs admitted they were trying too hard to keep force weak because of its range, which was against the concept they had for the class (translation: hunters cried, techs died, but then Sega grew a set and said to hunters "No, other classes get to do damage, too"). If force was in such a good position during Episode 2, the devs wouldn't have been saying otherwise, and bringing up compound techs in a discussion of the state of forces during Episode 2 when compound techs didn't exist until half a year into Episode 3 just makes no sense.

Hunters? Strong? In ep2 the only thing they had going for them was their skill tree. Their weapons were complete ass until ep3 and some buffs. In ep2 the hunter meta was to grab an all class katana(bio katana, susanoo etc) and shunka things to death. Ep2 is also when forces were at peak OPness with unerfed ilmegid and ilbarta spam. Force has always been the dev's favorite class and has always gotten the most toys as a result.

I was kind of hoping for something like a Bard or a ranged/Tech hybrid or something. This being an advance class might be an admittance that there's nothing else to be released afterwards in terms of new classes.
Maybe they'll just make new weapons for classes after this?

Rather than mash of everything it's the gimmick that allows use of multiple types of weapons and switch those on the move, will see if it'll actually go as planned and won't yet be another "stick to one attack type" class. New weapons won't change the core of the class, playstyle, yes, but not the core.
And any tech hybrid would suck anyway due to the nature of techs lolspamragrants2winlol, just look at Bo, shittiest class ever, no one even bothers with offensive techs.

pls respond

Nope not crashing

Working like it's supposed to then?

Yep, my mag is maxed tho but I don't think it matters. Tried doing filecheck?

Yup. No change.
Did a reinstall for good measure. Should be finished in an hour.

That cunning plan by Sega to stop people from camping blocks, let's just crash pso2 during concert!~

Filtered

Su isn't even a class if you're wondering, it's a fucking mistake like the whole ep4 story.

I ended up crashing twice. Guess I'll just wait until I can get on my PS4 to watch the concert next time.

Why in the fuck are SG scratches so fucking retarded? untradable, 80SG per scratch and filled with useless shit. I want that オークヘアー but it has a 1.5% drop chance, What do I do if I can't get it until December?

You wait for it to show up in the exchange shop and trade 40 other SG scratch items/SG badges for it. This SG scratch is ass though, nothing but shitty ep4 shit.

It's cosmetics, don't complain.

Kohri's bdsm suit is top tier tho.