Jade Empire: Special Edition

Why can't I get this shit to run? I can't even open the Configuration menu. Everything's fucked and lagging and there's no audio.

Shitxico =/= Spain

Not your tech support but good luck.

start game, ctrl-alt-del, processes, right click jadeempire.exe, set affinity, uncheck all but core 0. enjoy

It magically started working, and I have no idea why.

Good thread.

Thanks! It was my first one in eight months.

Bioware weren't the best coders back then, but they used to have passion. Now they lost even that.

Neither was/is Obsidian, but that didn't stop them from being good writers with interesting ideas and ways to play.

Not anymore, turns out getting rid of your only writer and having a designer who's main goal is "balance" makes for boring games.

believe it or not, there was once a time where bioware actually made good games

Define "balance". I assume you're referring to Josh Sawyer but I don't know why. I just thought his Fallout: NV hardcore mod was liked.

Let's not pretend he's old enough to remember.

Have fun finishing the game, it has fucking bugs everywhere.

Right now my problem is that combat is way too easy.

Who do you faggots think you are fooling?

The thing that struck me about this game when I played it is that Armin Shimmerman voiced like half he characters.

Don't worry, it'll become really fucking annoying later on.

Part of the reason NWN2 wasn't as fun as NWN1 was thanks to Josh Sawyer balancing the magic system. Then there's pillars of Balance, where there's no "wrong" character. Removing your ability to fail means you lose any joy you could feel from not failing.

nigga, you done went an' wasted those dubs
sage for off-topic

Jumping to their back side constantly has never stopped working for me.

So it's kind of like the blitz ball exploit? Good to know.