Piss

Why did devs love the piss filter so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mdjLBYxAcUI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If a game has a piss, shit or vomit filter, the game is piss, shit or vomit.

Because western devs plagiarize anything shamelessly, like dirty chinks, and their idiotic public surmises it's "a style".

They plagiarized Ico's and MGS4's style, then 10 years later you have amerifat retards complaining that their fucking OWNERS were using it too.

MGS4 is not relevant enough in America for it to be copied by literally every single AAA studio in the late 00's. Fuck off.

Deus Ex HR is justifiable because its a first person game and Adam has yellow tinted glasses

You weren't even a teen when it came out, just fuck off.

Piss filters exist entirely because the ps3 360 generation was one of the first to be able to copy realistic graphics, and since it was copying reality to a certain degree for the first time, people started realizing that most realistic stuff, despite the high polycount and the good textures, just didn't look quite as good as a well thought out aesthetic.
Piss filters are there to not make things clash too much with each other, they're a quick way to make the game feel like it has a whole aesthetic that was out together quickly after realising the game doesn't look that great.

Some games do them okay, some don't.

So what you're saying is that it covers the asses of inexperienced artists who are not yet competent enough to use a wide color palette?

Yes, he made that abundantly clear with

Not quite, it covers for leads who are unable to properly direct a studio of experienced and inexperienced individual artists creating single assets for use on screen beside each other.

The artists are experienced, clearly, because the models do look good on their own and they're mostly very similar to what they would be in reality.
They just account for not thinking how the whole thing would look as a whole and forgetting that most of the real world is pretty fucking ugly.

It's even worse in the movies. They fucking love them over the top filters. I guess that's where they got the idea.

What's fucked about the game though is that the texture themselves have piss, along with a filter on top of that.

There's literally nothing wrong with blue filters.

Are you saying Fury Road looked bad?
Cause in that case you're a fucking retard

no u

Battlefield 3 was shit for a load of reasons but the blue filter is even worse than the gameplay. I just want colors, is that too much to ask?

Its right up there with how some people add lens flares to games. Probably to distract your eyes from specific textures that the devs didn't like or felt clashed.
Lens flares in games seriously piss me off though. They're mistakes on a camera, not realism.

I like blue but too much is too much. I like how blue the first Deus Ex is but the Invisible War is already too blue imo and looks like you're watching the world through a blue lens.

No, I'm saying that it looks like the absolute garbage. The artificial filters and CGI makes it look so fake that it's hard to appreciate the actual practical effects they used. I'm still baffled why people love it so much.

Are you fucking blind

Underage detected.

The whole fucking night scene shot by day with a blue filter on top was the worst thing I've seen in a movie

And yeah, as said earlier the CGI ruined the practical effects

Everything you posted looks great.

It's filtered garbage. Now, I don't mind filters per se but too much is too much. It looks like it's made by a fucking toddler. I used to do that when I was a kid and was playing around with photoshop for the first time. I liked to overuse all those fancy effects and I probably even added extra lens flares to the pictures just because I could. These days I prefer moderation. I prefer my tea with little to no sugar instead of 5 teaspoons like I did as a kid. Same goes with all these filters and fancy effects. When there's too much they just cover the original flavour.

wait lemme fix it to make it in a way where you'd like it
way more visually stunning this way

Because, you know, they didn't shoot it like they did specifically because it looked better than if the scene was in complete darkness

Thanks for the blogpost but that has nothing to do with my point, faggot.

I don't mind you saying that but I just fucking hate those over the top filters.

Yes it has.

Night = total darkness

Yeah no, they could have gotten their lighting together and not used a day for night

It would've never looked as nice as that.
So it doesn't matter now does it.

I really don't know why but I hate anything sweet, including most fruits

fury road was shit.
original was best.

It's far too fucking over saturated like every other of his examples. Like they're lighting for absolute fucking simpletons that can't understand colors behind a motherfucking traffic light. Eat shit you dayglo nigger duplo chewing fuck.

Next you're gonna tell me about feminism

I'm gonna need an explanation on that one

beyond

In Kojimbo's case, I think he thinks it's cinematic, paying homage to old monochrome movies or something.

Dayglo for how just blown the hell out it is, like a shitty wristwatch light.

Fury Road was alright, I'm just not a normalfag with a thirst for epic action movies with explosions and cars flipping. The ending kind of confused me, why would Samoa Joe leave the last bastion of humanity undefended? Why did the guards who praised Joe like a god and thought they'd go to Valhalla in his name not fucking murder the protagonists when they approached them like smooth criminals and fucking dumped the body of Joe in front of them, why did they just give up and let them in?

Fuck you faggots, for thinking a limited pallet is okay. Go watch Micheal Bay films, I think he's more your speed. For blue and orange color schemes can go die in a fire.

games*

The upper-half of that screenshot looks more generic, at the very least. Paradoxically, that location (middle-east) was also picked as a jab against the shooters at the time. There's even a cutscene where a character straight up references war games.

It also depends on the scene and location. The part where you get to Shadow Moses most definitely doesn't have the same filter, and here you have two distinct color palettes: youtube.com/watch?v=mdjLBYxAcUI

I've never seen a piss-colored movie before.

Wanna see your first? *unzips penis*

A heavily clouded day will look like this though. The sun has never made the world look like piss.

It looks better with the filiter as it suits the atmosphere, I believe it was only present during the middle east section anyway.

By your logic Happy Days is still relevant. Where is the edgy reboot where The Fonz is a dealer running shit out of Mr Hooper's diner?

You lucky fuck.
A shitty day in that area will make everything have a piss yellow look to everything. It's the same effect as but instead of cloud coverage it's the sun reflecting off of the dust that's being blown around. If there is that much dirt blowing in the air then it will look like the fucking first chapter of MGS4.

That's orange, not piss

Now you are just being contrarian for the sake of it.

its mature

what would Raiden's piss taste like ha ha

Isn't he just a head and spine now? He probably doesn't need to piss anymore.

Oh yeah 2008-2013 had tons of games with that shit.
-Battlefield
-Cowadoody
-RE5
Tons of games with that, I'm prettu sure it was a publisher decision, this shit is disgusting and always has been and I hope that however startes this trend die a painful slow death.
Fuck filters, I'm not playing Odyssey

That was only used in the Middle East chapter and it makes sense because it makes the place look more like its built on a desert. Like there's sand flying through the air or something.

watch any of the dozens of gulf war movies (do not actually do this)

i thought the piss filter was meant for middle eastern areas, because they're so sandy and shit that you can hardly see.