What mic do you have?

What mic do you have?

Other urls found in this thread:

picosong.com/7bpD/
vocaroo.com/i/s1E8iPkIKH3U
picosong.com/7xa4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This one.

i use my iphone and my body is ready for doing so with my Nintendo Switch as well

I bought it because I like the color scheme

What a strange facial structure you must have, to be able to see the color scheme of your headset when it's on your fucking head.

I just use my webcam. Works perfectly fine, as I don't really like headsets.

I forgot that I'm not supposed take them from my head ever.

Deal with it.

Just a basic headset, but I have been toying with the idea of making sort of documentary videos. What would be a good starting mic for having acceptable recording quality ?

How much time do you spend admiring the aesthetic of your headset vs wearing it, would you guess

This man has deprived himself of quality to such an extent that he sincerely believes you can't have all three. What a rube.

Thomann Rode NT1-A

All the time I'm not using them and listening through the 4.1

Found this speedlink microphone. Super cheap. Less than 20 euro, I think it was 12.5 euro to be exact but it could vary now.
It works great. Not for streamwhoring but for talking with mates. Only problem is you gotta keep it close.
Decently heavy and stable stand. On/off button. Decent look, almost like a professional microphone even if it isn't.
I'm super happy with it. I don't have to deal with those garbage cheap ones that always have issues, and I don't have to pay crazy 40 euro + for semi-professional ones.

lol

That mic but I broke it off the stand, and turned the stand into a pop filter

Where's the .1? I don't see a speaker hanging down from the middle of the band. That's what the .1 is for, the single subwoofer in the middle. Can you hear an imaginary speaker? Maybe you're only hearing 4.0. Maybe you're not even hearing that because the shitty little drivers they have to use to cram two in each ear perform worse in every way than a single large driver in each and you got gouged for bad gimmick gamer dogshit because you liked the ten cent ricer injection molding trim they used.

I assume you are talking to someone else, because if I had to use a microphone not attached to my head while gaming ever again I might just kill myself.

The 4.1 isn't in the headset you iliterate retard

Headsets are fucking disgusting.

more like anti pop your asshole because that's a fucking meme
do you put your dick on the fucking table?

I stole mine from my school like 10 years ago. I carved a stand for it and it has served me ever since.

You haven't recorded shit and it shows

You are the reason school computers are always in terrible shape.

do you acutally buy a mic with a fucking filter in a package? what the fuck is this stupid shit, you buy a mic for the mic, you don't buy it for the extra gay shit, you could've have just said "frequency response" and that's it, but you're one of thsoe stupid fucks that buy an apple but suddenly needs afucking knife and fork with it, you stupid retard

I'm the reason schools replace their school computers m8. I have a school computer also from 10 years ago in my closet but I never found an use for it other than yanking the fan out of the heatsink.

It' cheaper when it comes in a package, and it's not like you're stuck buying filters from thomann, you clearly have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
The filter helps improve the quality of the recordings, specially with sensitive microphones like that one.

MXL USB.008, same 32mm diaphram they use on their $900+ mics but no filtering circuitry etc so you have to do virtually everything in post

no it doesn't.
it is only used if you spit water like a fucking fountain.
If I have never recorded I would buy a stupid mic with fitlers and extra hot garbage.
If I have recorded I would have stupid fucking filters and extra hot garbage already, where the fuck am i going to store all this garbage? in your face because I am sick of your stupid bullshit.

Well, I expected that sort of price range. Anything closer to a hundred means shit quality I take it ?

I have the worst mic. Is an Audio interface the only way to get rid of that resilient static, or is it just my terrible mic?

You have no damn idea about voice recording, and it shows every time you post.
Go to bed kid.

That's a good quality microphone, you can get decent recordings with cheaper mics, I just named one from the top of my head.

Spend more than $40 on your mic and you won't have that issue.

satan doesn't do recordings that's a fact, so you fucking lose you retard.

Example picosong.com/7bpD/

Shut up, child, adults are talking.

sit down and be humbled kids.
I have a AT2035 xlr mic using z low pass xlr cables going to a behringer 2600 compressor pro that goes xlr to a alesis multimix usb fx. to my pc. I mainly use this rig for videos and streaming.
no i just waited.
the at2035 is superior for deep voices and it was on sale for 40. the behringer was sold to me by a crack addict off ebay for 40 and the alesis was also sold to me by another crack head on ebay for about 60.

Link your content.

I wish I had that behringer on my amateur studio

it's functional.

no, mark will ban my ass cuz he fucking hates me for trolling him

lastly if you are going to follow my path, be sure you use ferrite magnets around your cords. kills the electromagnetic fields and removes low hums on the audio and turn off phantom power on your alesis and get a seperate power supply made specifically for the at2035. its in the manual the one to buy.

They work well enough.

You fucking faggot. People like you deserve to be shot.

The absolute cheapest one I could possibly find, and it sounds the part too.

rumor has it you can cover the mic with sponge and it improves the sounds quality, but i'm too lazy to actually try it out.

Actually, now that I think about it, I have an old guitar hero microphone lying around, I could probably get a cheapo stand from like dx or whatever and hook it up, and it would undoubtedly sound better than what I have right now.

anyone using this kind of microphone? maybe even specifically a guitar hero one? what's your opinion on it?

pic related, it's what I have.

That just helps for "p"s and "t"s and breathing depending on the distance from your mouth. It's called a pop filter.

The one in OP's picture.

I bought that headset for $30 a few years ago. Worst headset i've ever owned.

Have you seen the average faggot that plays games? I would rather stick to single player games than deal with those mouth breathers.

You don't have to worry about feedback if you have no friends.

I don't have one.

Or you can be perfect like me and never need any feedback.

TOP TIER
Text to Speech
Pre-recorded messages
MIDDLE TIER
Text chat
SHIT TIER
Microphones

normalfags get out

Why would I intentionally bug my own house?

reality was a mistake and I wish to not be apart of it.

I wouldn't mind doing voiceovers following careful scripting though.

Been using the AT2020.

vocaroo.com/i/s1E8iPkIKH3U

Vocaroo adds some nasty compression garbage, but anyway. I don't have a stand or a wind guard, because I only record voice and sounds on occasion, since I stopped playing games online a long while back.

Shure SM58 makes for quality affordable mics, it's better using an audio interface than straight USB mics. Also pop filter and AKG headphones do nice too.

fuck my phone.

It's a cardioid mic, and it's sitting ~4 feet from the speakers, facing away from the speakers and into my face. There is no feedback or background noise.

First pic is the headphones I got, comfy as fuck and sound great.
Second is my microphone, brother-in-law got them for me a while ago and only use it for the mic.

I don't have a mic because i'm mute

Sorry to hear that, user. At least you're able to communicate.

from birth or because of a terrible accident?

He might not be mute because of a terrible accident, but he's a terrible accident anyway.

No, someone pressed the mute button on his remote, then lost it, and universal remotes aren't fully compatible, leaving him to roam the wastes as a literal silent protagonist.

Some random ass mic a stalker bought for my bitch when she said she couldn't talk to him over skype. Dude even paid for her phone plan.

None. I only play single player games. Inline multiplayer is for dudebros and esports faggots.

If you can't play multiplayer games while having fun and not losing every match without a mic then you and your team are noobs

This picture is a little old but I'm using a sex1 mic now with the same setup

Used to have one of these but found its low frequency response was too poor.
Might seem like an odd complaint but my voice is exceedingly deep.

Really pleased to see the amount of anons here with proper voice recording setups.

Samson Meteor Mic

both

Oh shit, user knows too much

I gave mine to somebody else, but I recall having to get really close to it in order to be heard.

this shit was a huge waste of money. May as well have gotten a lavalier mic for a fraction of the cost

also wtf is wrong with you plebs who don't like headsets? Does something about superior audio quality trigger you?

Same here, user.

I like the concept of a headset but I hate almost every headset.

I fucking hate not having anything to say in 95% of conversions though.

I've gone full Sennheiserfag with an e835 mic and HD558 headphones.
I also have a $1000+ Neumann mic that I keep mainly for sentimental reasons from back when I had a decent studio and hope for my future. I hook it up sometimes for multiplayer just because it catches people off guard.

Some genius shit

This.

I use a $20 walmart mic that I put a foam tip onto from another headset
it works and sounds decent

So basically you're just making shit up and have nothing to prove for it. Got it.

A mic that came with the Windows 95 that my father bought in the 90s

Still works but to be honest I`ve never bothered checking the sound quality, all I know is that people hear me

None, no way in hell would I trust the audio to not get recorded in the background, even when supposed to be muted, and leaked through one of the NSA backdoors.

I dont have one

got a pair of turtlebeach px11 ages ago for a tenner and theyve served me fine ever since. not the best not the worst

Shivam is that you?

Me too, man. Although I use monitor headphones.

picosong.com/7xa4/

Another example after not talking all day long, but people keep recommending I think the AT2035 which has a .8 inch capsule, the MXL USB.008 has a 1.25 inch capsule, again it's the same capsule they use in their top end $900+ mics just with all the circuitry removed and replaced with a USB interface meaning you have to do all audio cleanup in post

My friend showed me this the other day

Blue Yeti with a decently cheap set of headphones

Samson G-Track it's probably overkill but people have also said it sounds ridiculously good and it's purposefully limited cone for picking up sounds and great adjustment make it work even in noisier environments.

I paid full price for hyper x garbage like a year or two ago. Going to replace them asap with openback/desktop-mic setup. Not that I have anyone to talk to anyways

this is just fine, although headphone cable is too thin so I just wrap that around the mic's holder.