So wait, did Aperture build the portal gun in the 50s?

So wait, did Aperture build the portal gun in the 50s?

You didn’t need to consult us for that question.

why not

Your mom is gay, as are you.

So fuck both of you

now you're just being rude

Shit retcons, le funny meme ball with BRITISH voie

5 get

Pretty sure that whole section only worked with the portal gun for gameplay reasons. In that period it was all about the gel.

Spicy meme here friendo. Threads on the last page are by nature worthless.

FUCK

user, I haven’t touched another human being in five years. I beg not to wake up every morning. Get the fuck over yourself. You’re weak.

Oh fuck off, you both are whining bitches. You want some friends go get some.

I finished the co-op by playing with myself PC to PS3

Supposedly they had a backpack-mounted prototype of the portal-gun and it worked otherwise-identically, though the various gels were the huge thing in Aperture at the time.

Maybe Holla Forums would be better off for being at a total standstill so that no threads are ever deleted like shitposters seem to want.

Oh im not some loser who has no friends period. Just no friends to play portal 2 with :3

No it was the 40s or some shit
t. never played portal 2

Quality post

I played a cracked copy with a random slav around release, with nothing but the in-game sign language, magical times.

That sounds fun. Reminds me of Journey.

Does anyone even still play journey? Or have I missed the fun boat completely?

I really wish they went more into how successful Aperture Science was in Portal 2. Because its obvious that they didn't start hitting hard times until much later and surely they must've had more than a few contracts in their heyday. But all we hear about throughout the game is the companies failed products. There's no way in fuck Aperture got by all those years just by selling shower curtains. They could've maybe sold whatever was left in the salt mine but they just don't go that much into depth with that to say for absolute certain. And in addition its implied Cave Johnson was a great businessman who just didn't know jack shit about science. He reminds me almost of Thomas J. Wattson of IBM who was skeptical of the impact semiconductors would have on the computing industry but surrounded himself by people who did regardless. Or Donald Trump in a lot of ways

They HAD portals in the 50s, they just didn't have portal guns so to say.

For all the hamfistedness of trying to tie it into Half-Life via establishing Aperture as a rival company to Black Mesa Portal does a nice job of presenting its little world. I mean, hell, I'll see people conflate the lines about lemons from Cave Johnson with "lol memers" but in-universe it's supposed to show Cave is getting fucking insane and he's not making sense anymore.

I never got a chance to play it. I felt like a lot of the enjoyment of it came from discovering what it was as you played it, and that got spoiled for me way back when it was new. I think the multiplayer aspect was supposed to be a surprise.

I will say Cave Johnson was a REALLY well written character. And its weird because you never actually see him in person. You can almost read the entire story of Aperture Science and Cave Johnson on a Wikipedia page in the context of a real company that could've actually existed in the 20th century, minus all the sci-fi shit I mean.

Its kind of a lame game though. Its the definition of interactive movie. I mean FUCK it would've been better off as an actual movie.

the cake is a lie
heh

That happens to everything in Portal. "The cake is a lie" was supposed to be eerie, but people only remember it as lolmemes.

Portal crossed the line from puzzle game to interactive-movie with the addition of an overarching story to it beyond a disparaging AI goading you along through convoluted puzzles. The story that's there is rather good, but still an interactive movie.

I do appreciate the sheer lengths Valve went to to try to keep Portal 1 memes out of the game at the very least. There's all of one cake reference in Portal 2 and it's in reference to Portal's vague promises of cake as a reward.

I'll play with you just kidding you're gay