Outside of The Protomen are there any other bands...

Outside of The Protomen are there any other bands, singers or music based on videogames that are good or are they the only ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3QMKjT6ZoUY
youtube.com/watch?v=43FnCO1DkOU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lol?

My nigger. Best fucking track.

I don't but they do make up a decent chunk of what I listen to.

videogame music has been normalfag shit for at least a decade now

IOSYS, Demetori, etc

Fuck yeah. Top tier taste OP.

I don't get their music, it doesn't sound like videogames and it fails to be 80's music, so what exactly makes this band good?

Do straight-up covers count?
Vomitron is amazing. (No NES for the Wicked/NESsesary Evil)

Eiffel 65 were pretty cool guys for the eurodance genre back in the day.

wwwww

Demetori is pretty good, though it's a shame they've been on the decline for the last 8 years or so.

Does Master Boot count?

Gimme some good 2hu bands then since I have the collection but cant moonrunes

i thought their recent stuff was pretty rad

Shibuyan Records, Alstromeme Records, WAVE, Tamaonsen (魂音泉), Buta-otome (豚乙女) Touhou Jihen (東方事変). Hatsunetsumikoz (発熱巫女〜ず) RD-Sounds/Diao ye Zong, Akatsuki Records, A-One, Halosy, C.H.S, Crest, ZYTOKINE, DDBY, Foxtail-Grass Studio, Digital Wing, EastNewSound, ESQUARIA, FELT, Foreground Eclipse ;_;, Pizuya's Cell

I was just going down the list of shit I've listened to over the long years, filtering out tons of the lesser names and dead ones, but I'm gonna stop there because that list is already fuckhuge. This should give you a pretty wide selection of genres to listen to. I particularly recommend Shibuyan, (older) Alstromeme, RD-Sounds, Halosy, Digital Wings, Zytokine, and Foreground Eclipse.

It must be my personal bias, then. I'm not the hugest fan of their work in general, but I distinctly recall liking some of their older stuff, whereas I don't like the new releases at all.

Video Game Music thread?

ACT 3 WHEN?

Black Cat Lounge.

just go to ocremix and download some cover albums

also Stemage worked on Steven Universe, dunno how that vibes with 'good' in your world but there it is.

STEP OFF AND STRAP IN GAMEBOIZ

Didn't one of their landwhale girlfriends pretty much break them up a while back? I remember the whole situation being pretty lolcow worthy.

Catch that guy and get your bike back

Sue me, faggot.

The generic "epic" feel attracts autists.

I actually kind of like The Megas better than Protomen, they had a rocky start but after Get Equipped they managed to come into their own. Gemineye a best, but the Wily tracks are pretty good too.
For starters they actually finished their fucking albums.

whats is wrong with that? i also listen to music from japanese cartoons

It means you're a faggot.

So do I, don't tell anyone.

Metroid Metal is the only vidya-based music I listen to on my own time.
They haven't released anything since 2014 or performed since 2015 so it's probably a dead project

The Megas are pretty OK, their gimmick is adding lyrics to Mega Man songs. Their MM1 album is great but only did 4 songs. Their MM2 songs are hit and miss, though they remade two to be better, and released acoustic versions which some sound better as acoustic. And their MM3 albums are great overall. They did Castlevania too but only 3 songs.

I'd recommend their Magnet Man, Quick Man, and Top Man songs. And their Wily 1 (MM1), it's great.

According to wikipedia, dragonforce is video-game influenced, which I guess I can kinda see.

Not as good as the OP single. Anison are the shit. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Isnt Power Glove counted in?

Eh, I still prefer the original to the acoustic version and the updated version for that Capcom fan album shit they helped with, this pretty much is their number one song. They're pretty much obligated to play it every time they do a live show apparently.

Compilation fags a shit

You could argue that dungeon synth is an entire genre based on creating 90s fantasy game soundtracks.

It's just so good and I'd be lying if I said I hated the keyboard they added. I can understand preferring the original though. It's overall just such a good song. I wish they would play their Megatainment songs live, What have You Done is just so great. Also I'm Not The Breakman is very strong, I do love that one as well.

Can you post some examples? Is it similar to Dungeon Keeper's OST? I love that atmosphere

Fucking kids, I swear.

My fucking nigger. I'd also add in Snake Man, but maybe that's just me.

Maybe you should try and rate it against other Rock Opera instead of anything it isn't.

This. It's the best rock Opera I can think of.

out of the way plebs, *might not count since its just sega composers playing their own music live but** here's some real good shit

time 2 die

ZUN.

They are not good. You're either delusional or have incredibly shit taste.

youtube.com/watch?v=3QMKjT6ZoUY
youtube.com/watch?v=43FnCO1DkOU

He has his moments. Level 2 has the best songs imo.

I like Keep Quiet bestest. Listening to that shit when i drive makes me feel like im in an 80s movie.

I only have "Best of" albums if they only released singles or have an album full of filler like most non-Jazz artists before the 1960s.

It means you're a pleb.