So what would make a game a real 'PC' game? As opposed to a console game?

So what would make a game a real 'PC' game? As opposed to a console game?

I ask because it feels like most PC games these days are just console games with graphics sliders. All that really comes to mind is Europa Universalis.

Requiring more than four buttons and an eight-direction movement, for a start.

Any game that takes proper advantage of mouse input and makes allowances for the wide variety of hardware.

The game comes with a SDK or editor.

Could they throw Total War on a console?

It would, I assume, be ruined by it

>+1000 max multiplayer slots Though a PS3 game once reached 256 slots
At least two of these, but i think i might be missing some.

So any FPS and self-respecting RPG.

Reminder that there are people playing FPS on PC with controllers.

Ask WorthaBuy.

These are just some basic ones these fuckers dont get right anymore

Can't be.

There are always people playing something wrong.
For example out of stubborness and a broken controller I had played Dark Souls to completion with a M&KB on my first playthrough of it.

Thanks for reminding me
Fucking hell, I know gamepads on PC have been streamlined thanks to Plug and Play, bjt goddamn, why would you gimp yourself like that?
Theres plenty of other games/genres on the platform where a controller is objectively better, why fucking play a shooter with it?

Those have nothing to do with being PC. I

I beat Cuck Souls with WASD and numpad. Felt better than controller, except when it comes to archery. Tedious game btw.

pc is made for spreadsheets, not games.

It been fixed with a mod recently now that you mention it.
The sequels actually play very well with M+KB, combat feels great with it, main problem are the leaps of fait and bottomless pits that are avoided better with an analog input.

Consoles are made for Netflix/Bluray, not games.

thats true. videogames suck.

No, just consoles

Yeah, sure, back in the fucking 70's, you wrinkled old fart.

A game that takes advantage of the fact that the keyboard has a fuckton of keys. No need for any next/previous buttons, no radial menus, just hotkey the fuck out of everything.

Yes they do

A "real" PC game is either:

1. A first person shooter with an inventory system, that is the ultimate event horizon of all gaming history according to pc gamers;

2. A subpar port of a 10 year console game, that absolutely demonstrates that consoles have no exclusives and pc gamers are master race;

This is what the mustard race actually believes.

Look at the original Deus Ex, I guess.

You're such a brainfucked child. Too much electric jew.

This is a horrible post. There are console games that do what you describe and there are PC games which don't do what you describe.

Your comment isn't at all about what's different between PC and console games, it's just blathering about things that you want in an FPS.

that's it