Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap

How's Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap?

I dig the way it looks and the potential sexual innuendos from the title make me chuckle. But does it play well?

Nigger just pirate the damn game.

And heres my REAL treasure~

'Dragon's Trap' was the title of the game well before that term was invented on the internet so it's not intended to be a sexual innuendo.

As for the game, it plays exactly like the master system version which is pretty much the best game of the console. It's an exploration game and you get different forms to proceed, etc. It's worth it. I'd suggest you try the other Wonderboy games though, Wonderboy in Monster World and Monster World IV on the genesis are stellar games.

It's sad that we need remakes/revivals to make people interested in a series. I wonder how many great dead video game franchises could be alive today if people had more interest in going back to older consoles to play games they could have missed.

It's pretty good. All the Wonder Boy games are.
Wonder Boy in Monster World>Monster World IV>Dragon's Trap>Monster Land>Everything else.

All dragons are technically traps since you don't know what's under their slit.

Oh shit when did this release?
I'm thinking of replaying the entire series since I barely remember the games. Should I?

I prefer the original which is also free.

Reminder that Wonder Boy in Monster World had you playing an Ocarina well before Zelda did it.

People on Holla Forums pretending they always had interest piss me off when I've never seen threads about said games beforehand. It bothered me when Falcom got popular when it got releases from Xseed since they bothered to market their games when there were already fan translations by retarded autists.

There are or used to be threads about older games, faggots simply don't care and they get slid off the catalog real quick. Last time I made a thread for Vectorman I only got 3 replies.

lookie lookie

lookie lookie

Fucking CODENIGGER FIX YOUR SITE REEEEEE

I want a dragon to trap me

I'm about to make a thread for smaller/obscure games, feel free to join

lol futa degeneracy at its finest

females are the GAYEST shit

Post link, faggot.

YOU ARE A MAN OF TRUE TASTES.

What a waste.

By the trailer I can say that it looks pretty good/fun, and I don't know about the previous titles.

I really don't give a fuck if they ever remake MW:IV, since the original game still play fantastically. I just wish they'd team up with WayForward to make a Shantae/Asha crossover where you can swap out characters on the fly to solve puzzles with either Shantae's transformations or Asha's Pepe.

The amount of cute butt wiggling would be off the charts.

MY NIGGAS

It's trash, wait for Monster Boy in Cursed Kingdom instead.

Best Wonder Boy

Muh nigger. I play through it at least once a year.

Not a fan of the artstyle but they certainly put a lot of effort into making the animations

Why should I play this over the original?

it's a great version of a great game. tg16 port is the best tho.

It looks better?

Add Popful Mail and I'm sold.

I just want shantae to fuck off

I have never even bothered to play the original games on Genesis & Master System. This is basically just a re-skin of them. I would play them before playing Wonder Boy. Although the art is nice and the Old school game play looks interesting.

So? Does it add anything that the original doesn't have, other than a strong and independent female protagonist who don't need no Wonder Man?

Not really, I prefer the pixel art of the original over this tweening bullshit. Also the original has FM Synth music support which just sounds godly.

play the tg16 versions and genesis versions. SMS doesn't run at 60fps.

You asked is there a reason to play this over the old one. Yes, it looks shitload better than the old one. Is there a reason to play the old one over this besides being a hipster or a poor moralfag?

Retard.

Don't be gay.

I can get the original cheaper, and I wouldn't be giving any money to encourage hipster developers who haven't made an original game in their career.

I honestly never played much of any of them until today. I thought Dragons Trap was a new game, not just a reskin.

It isn't tweening? Well I don't care. Still looks like indieshit.

welcome to true patrician gaming, now you need to get into crt now that you know about NEC

Do 60fps really matter for such an old as fuck game that has like 4 frames of animation for each character

i laughed

60 fps matters a fucking ton regardless of the number of frames of animation, it's about input responsiveness.

Can't 60fps be forced with an emulator anyways?

if you want everything to run at twice the speed, sure? it's the framerate that's low, the game speed is normal.

STEP IT UP 8CAHN

No, it doesn't.

Fucking this. How many games have been made again? I know companies like shekels but come the fuck on.

So wait is it a 1:1 remake of the original game or is there extra content?

Finished it last night, I really enjoyed it. Don't expect much help if you get stuck though, and there are some things that aren't explained at all. Definitely worth a play through. The new art is pure fucking gorgeous, and is even better in motion. Plus you can play as a cute redheaded loli.

There is also a brand new Wonder Boy game coming too.

2/10 got me to post pic related

eh might as well, i don't want to die completely without any regrets

The game is pretty damn short, I kinda hoped they'd add more stuff compared to the original like more stages or difficulties and special game modes.

3-4 hours of game time doesnt seem likes its worth £15.

the music and visuals and gameplay is still good tho.

Was furshit in the original?

Also that's a dumb fucking picture. Boxes are inherently comfy and of course Cat can't read stupid human runes, as master race doesn't even need such primitive communication form.

It's a re-skin. It's identical to the original.

Yes, the scrolling is smooth.

Pretty much.

Gay.

Le fahnny gay Joek xD
So fahhhnnnyyyyy

what did he mean by this

lol fag