Shenmue III Delayed

Look like it's been pushed back to the later half of 2018 instead of it's originally announced release later this year. Could mean a lot of things, either production troubles or maybe the game is being expanded beyond initial intentions making it more than they were planning for. Hard to tell if this is good or bad honestly because it did seem like their initial pitch was small in scope, maybe they have expanded it to be closer to the old games? Or, you know, the whole project could be doomed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenmue_III
blog.esuteru.com/archives/20006565.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's just all high grade laugh material.

The sad thing is that people kikestarted it even though Sony paid a ton of money to get the exclusivity.

I figured Holla Forums might enjoy the salt. So far the backers seem to be holding strong, but I bet if someone ruffled their feathers the right way you could get some funny reactions.

Mate, were you even here for the E3 where Sony announced the Shenmue 3 kikestarter ? I guarantee you there is a strong overlap between Holla Forums and the backers.

You're probably not wrong. I'm surprised the thread isn't blowing up with >kickstarter >ever posts.

Top fucking wew.
When will normalfags learn?

fitting

I don't see the problem with this, better to get a delayed but decent title than a bad unfinished one. On that matter, why did SEGA never tried making Shenmue 3 themselves after the japanese success of the RGG/Yakuza series? Japs would have loved it if they had marketed it properly

I'm fine with delays so long as they're using the time to fix/expand the game and not beg for more shekels, lest we get another Sonic 06.

Don't compare that talentless hack with Yu Suzuki.

Or they could just shit it out half-finished, then patch for the next year before getting bored and wandering off like everyone else does.

Oh I'm sure shenmue 3 will be better than nothing :^)

You clearly haven't learned anything over the last several years

fucking 10/10

I forgot that Inajewne said something along those lines

Well they've been working at it, so whenever it's ready I guess,

Where is the druid?

It's still coming out on PC as well.

Because by the time Yakuza was a profitable series, there was shit happening like

A PCuck begging for games in his natural habitat.

Yes it is

Your madhoms don't change the fact that your PS4 lost yet another game, Sonycrony.

Begging? It was always a timed exclusive.

Can I get Yakuza on the PC instead?

Yakuza is just low-brow plebian Shenmue with more repetitive combat and an edgier plot, why would you want the inferior game?

Can I get both then?

Chingchong 3 is gonna be the new Mighty No. 9.

Yakuza is good, buzz off.

No, because Yazuka has no relation to Shenmue or Suzuki. Shenmue 3 is a Kikestarter/YSnet joint with Sony footing the bill for PS4 exclusivity.

Wait, is not confirmed?

Time to cut the funnies, consolecuck
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenmue_III

You should go back to hslfchan no one uses that word you're throwing around here

It is, we just have here a proud diehard consolecuck baiting/being retarded.

fuck off with the console wars

I remember the time when console exclusives were meaningful and multiplat titles were sometimes very different from one another, but people have to let it go at some point.

I think the console fanboys started it.

It's average, and no way better than Shenmue.

It's not a war when refuting autistic screeching and straight bullshit with objective facts. Plus the mods took care of it.

Exactly, if I wanted to incite a war or the like I would begin requesting quotes and crops where console fans were upset that very old games were ported to PC, like Bayonetta.

Oh come on, that's no fun.

or rather, he learned a lot

blog.esuteru.com/archives/20006565.html

Since the campaign launched it's had "Estimated delivery Dec 2017" showing for any backers.

Considering they just started developing the game in December and the fact that games like these generally take a long time to make I'm not surprised

You have to consider several key factors that were important to RGG/Yakuza

Wat's the sauce on dat image if you don't mind my good sir?

They never manage to make a profit with Shenmue. And it's a Japanese thing like what happened with Sakaguchi, they honorably declined to take anymore projects because muh taking responsibility of fuck ups.

Isn't this the game that Sony wouldn't fund so instead they shilled a kickstarter at E3? Man, that was new low.

Don't know the first guy, but the second guy is iori

Kill yourselves

Last I heard Gone Homo didn't have a time limit, investigative work that was needed to progress, and enemies that could kill you. 0/10

By that logic GTA and Monkey Island are walking sims.