Devil May Cry Thread

Should I play the HD collection or emulate it with PCSX2? I have both options available.

Other urls found in this thread:

devilmaycry.org/threads/style-switcher.18474/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Play the HD collection, then. Native hardware is always better.

1-3 on native hardware. 4 on the PC. Forget DmC exists. it's the devil may cry game equivalent of the nu tomb raider to the classic games.

With 3 you'll be fucked in some way if you don't play it on a real PS2, HD being the second most stable choice.
Haven't had an issue with PCSX2 but people complain about input lag.

HD remakes

why play anything on shitty consoles with low framerate, low resolution and no anti-aliasing when you can have a much better experience on PC?

I don't know about this whole video game thing anymore.

Give him God of War

Tbf DMC is kinda brutal. 3 is easier, but 1 takes some gettinfgused to. still a casual though

I don't know, I remember being 13 when that shit came out and not struggling, especially if I chose automatic easy modo like he did. I'm not so much mad, as just disappointed.

Put it this way, he's looking forward to the new god of war where Kratos is an old man.

You know what you need to do

I played DMC on the hd collection like 3 years ago on normal. I never played a dmc game before that so i had trouble getting used to the controls. One complaint i have is that when locked on, when you press forward and jump you jump instead of roll. That fucked me up alot.

You have to take into account though that you have played a lot of games that came out after the first dmc game and a lot of those games have created a standard that a lot of games follow. When dmc1 was released there was no such thing as a standard since most of what they made was uncharted territory in a way. I like the fact that the series stuck to that style so you still jump forward even while locked on in dmc4. Hell, you need to be able to do that if you want to do some sick combos.

HD collection

Play it emulated with the style switch mod.

devilmaycry.org/threads/style-switcher.18474/

I stuck with trickster in 3 just so dodging felt good. I never completely got good at dmc rolling until dmc4 with nero.

People talk really highly about 3 but I believe 4 is the series high point. The gameplay felt real tight and responsive compared to the other games and we get some actual world building and character development from Uncle Dante. adachi Nero wasn't as grating of a character and I liked how he was a lot more mouthy to the villains compared to Dante.

Nero felt like a more angsty young dante. I felt like nero was kinda boring compared to dante. Dante has all these styles and weapons to switch between, but all nero has is the pistol and sword. The frame perfect charge was kinda cool, but he is kinda barebones.

If you have the PS2 version, upload it, because it's been dead and unsupported for a very long time.

That's true, I guess I didn't mind since they made up for it with the devil arm and revving your sword for extra damage in between combos. I'll also give it a pass since you can play as Dante in 4 so that takes care of a lack of styles. I still enjoy picking that game up and playing arena mode for an hour since you can use Virgil in the SE edition. Fuck, I was going to waste my time with a subpar mmo but I might play some 4 now.

I think the point was that they could introduce Nero who plays a bit like Dante and then introduce Dante later, and people won't be overwhelmed with all the shit you get with Dante right off the bat.

DMC5 FOR E3

At least I'm confident they're not going to fuck up harder than DmC Devil May Fuck you

0/10 bait. enjoy your (you)

Just play the HD Collection. The DMC3SE port isn't that bad once you get it working, but it's still imperfect, and beating the game with the Style Switcher mod isn't the same as beating the game in its original state anyway.

After just playing them once apiece I might have agreed, after replaying them many times my opinion of 4 has worsened.

What are your thoughts on Nero?
At first i hated him but after seeing Donte, i felt Nero was more acceptable than Donte

Nero is ok, but i like dante better. Nero is way better than donte though.

you what
I only got into cuhrayzee a couple of years ago

maybe he's too young to understand that beating hard games is where the fun comes from
I used to be that kid who only played stuff on easy

dmc4se is most complex arguably but 3 is just better in all other aspects

he's ok when not all "Kyrie"
miles better than Donte.

you'll get a mobile game

What, character-wise or gameplay-wise? I never personally found him that annoying, even though he doesn't hold a candle to Dante's charisma. As far as gameplay goes I don't really care for him, I've tried getting fancy with MaxACT and shuffle-canceling and all that but I don't find him that fun. If I were to go back and replay DMC4SE I'd either play the whole thing as Vergil or just do the Bloody Palace with Dante.

Well, maybe. 4 has the best camera in the series and has way better enemy variety than 3 does (by including a lot of DMC1 enemy types, anyway). Two of my biggest complaints about 3 addressed, I don't think that should go ignored.

A fairly huge disappointment when I realised I wouldn't be playing as Dante for half of the entire game and an even bigger disappointment when I realised the sword and gun he starts with are the only weapons he is ever going to get.

He was made to be an entry level character for new players and as a new player when DMC4 came out he was great for me.

I heard he was going to have his own styles originally, so lets hope if he's back in a DMC5 that they can make him as complex as Dante or Vergil.

Webm related

If you're gonna do the latter you can just stick with vanilla since Dante hasn't changed besides having a Sparda costume as well as a palette-change based on Donte, Dante actually doesn't look half-bad with it. Vergil plays more akin to Dante than to his DMC3 incarnation than Capcom would like to let on, but for what he's worth it's an interesting middle-ground between his DMC3 incarnation and DmC incarnation's playstyles.

Nero I think could actually be the grounds for a use of DmC's light-mid-heavy Heavenly Sword ripoff playstyle. It'd be interesting to see how to combine that with DMC's own Devil Arms, ie light-gauntlet mid-gauntlet heavy-gauntlet.

it just feels more well rounded, better story, a lot less backtracking, less annoying characters

Vergil is so fun to master.
Just judgement cuts are such a joy to perfect and pull off.
Especially when you can get a good few in a row

Well, thanks for the advice, but I did mean "replay", I've played through 4 quite a few times in the past already.
For that one I couldn't say, since I only played DmC once and I played as Donte.

It's a fine idea on that point but it's a pretty fucking rotten idea to force veteran players to play with him for 60% of the game regardless.

This shit is getting out of hand.

I think Nero's cool enough, but for some reason I can never hate JYB's voice, even though he never changes it up whatsoever.

Vergin was the same as Donte, a weird spread of moves from all of his DMC3 abilities across light-medium-heavy, though where Donte got some of Nero's abilities Vergin just got new moves. Some of the additions to Yamato's moveset in 4SE are from those new moves, as well as the frame-perfect Judgment Cuts and the like if memory serves, and "tagging" enemies with summoned swords to warp to them instead of doing so without a tag.

=It's been 9 fucking years=

If you've got the power to emulate DMC1, that's the way to do it even if PCSX2 is fucking shit. Don't bother with 2 unless you're really fucking curious.
Emulating DMC3SE was the way to go, but the newest versions of the Style Switcher mod actually unfucks the PC port making it the definitve version to play. And yes you can play it with the Style/Weapon switcher disabled if you only want the fixes.

Neither, instead play the PC Port with the style switcher mod

emulate

played all three recently on a weak mechine (laptop) at 3x native res.

but for the love of god use opengl rendering (if you don't the hud dissapears and won't scale correctly)

oh, and use the latest git builds of pcsx2 not the stable 1.4.0 version

(;´Д`)

Grapple and what else?

FAG

Wait, what? There are broken moves in the HD collection?

IIRC the PS2 versions are 60 fps. Clover/ Platinum/ Hideki Kamiya always makes it a point to do so in all of their games.

There is so much wrong with that entire face. Jesus.

It's nice that they finally fixed the HUD in Devil May Cry on PCSX2 but in order to do so, the top 1/8th of the screen renders at native resolution. It really bothers me.

I'm conflicted.
I've always loved 3 and still do, but I've played through 4 for the first time recently - late to the party, I know - and I really fucking adore it. I thought Nero was gonna be another Snake/Raiden situation, but I actually didn't mind his gameplay, and I felt his character was a nice balance between Dante's smug snarkiness and Vergil's edge. Plus, with Nero there to go through the typical main character drama and hardships, it let Dante be fucking hilarious with only a few moments of seriousness there, but for the most part, he was goofy as hell the entire time and I loved it.

I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN FUCKING HANDLE IT

Were so close, so fucking close, There have been rumors all year pointing at DMC5. I feel like I can fucking Taste it, after 9 years of waiting we might finally see Dante again.

BUT IT COULD ALL BE BULLSHIT

The only thing that keeps me going is that Itsuno is working on SOMETHING and I'm like "It has to be DMC5." But what if it isn't.
The wait until Sonys E3 press conference is KILLING ME.

Life is suffering

About liking two similar games in the same series equally? Don't sweat it.

I'm sorry man, I really think Itsuno's talking about DD2.

Well you got as much proof as I do i'm sure

Dragon's Dogma was just released on GOG this month and will release on PS4/Bone in a few months, and they haven't acknowledged DMC's existence in about two years?

Well rumor has it they haven't shown Dante in MvC Infinite because hes going to be show along side DMC5.
I guess we see in two days.