WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED

Now i understand why Square Enix shut down production of their plans for a 'share universe' of cross media Deus Ex projects. like holy shit did i just miss Holla Forums being pissed about this or did the 'mechanical apartheid' bunkum just put all of us off trying it?

This is actually worse than Invisible War. They did it. They made a new worse deus ex.

I doubt too many people played it because of the whole aug lives matter bullshit. I was gonna pirate it but it was taking forever to download so I stopped. It has mixed reviews on steam too, all of the negative ones complaint about mechanical issues and a bug that destroys save files half way through the game.

Judging from them shoehorning in their politics I bet a lot of the dev team between mankind and revolution changed. These people generally dont tend to create a nice work enviroment

dude its shit on every level. EVERY widow of text has grade 3 level spelling mistakes. Its worse than Mass Effect 3 in every regard.

They desperately wanted to talk about politics that they fucked up the game.
Also they replaced Malik with 2 niggers.

Dont forget the dlc that you can only use once

Shit I was really hoping to at least get a few hours of enjoyment out of it but that sounds pretty awful. I guess I'll go pirate dishonored 2 instead.

They wrote themselves into a corner anyway since the only way for Deus Ex 1 to work was having the canon ending of HR being the one you blow up the ocean base with yourself and everyone else still inside.
Also OP, you saw the preorder stuff bullshit?

That was the only reason I didnt pirate it, let alone buy it.

Every single fucking time, I guess they should be reminded that suicide is also against Muslim beliefs, yet suicide bombers not only exist but are also far more widespread in Islam than among beliefs that DON'T consider suicide immoral.

At least Malik was confirmed to have survived.

I find hilarious I honestly can't tell if the mouth-breathing cuck pozbag that wrote this is intentionally pretending taqiyya isn't a thing, or just didn't know about it because leftists are really fucking stupid cunts that don't read a thing outside their (((allowed))) propaganda pieces.
How were the sales anyways?

How did anyone even like Human Revolution?
That gameplay was enough to turn me off.

I mean it wasn't amazing, but what was so bad about it?

Bad apparently. The microtransactions at launch didn't help. Square Enix shelved the Deus Ex IP indefinitely but then we shouldn't forget that these gooks never acknowledge their failures (FFXIII) and instead prefer to blame their western studios.

They did backpedal with that DLC shit they wanted to pull though

tried it, but after finding that the "open world" consisted of a few streets per city, all designed to lead to quest specific target, the horrible dialogue, etc, i dropped it.

anyone ready for Deus ex: pachinko edition?

Wow are you retarded. You probably should go to a hospital.

I don't know how anyone can stand it past the hour mark.
The combat seemed like nothing more than generic tps cover shooter. Adam moved slowly, had no movement abilities other than the worst sprint I've seen and weapons were nothing special.
Stealth is the same basic binary trash that I've seen in every other action game, with the added shit sandwich of having takedowns be limited AND takedowns being in their own pocket cutscene dimension where nothing and no one can hurt or interrupt your sick moves.
And finally it has the same shit writing as the nu shadowrun where every choice has to be divisive even if it's completely fucking illogical.

You jest but I don't think japs give a remote fuck about deus ex so at least it's safe from that.

I didn't have most of those problems. I thought MD was OK but it was so hamfisted it was dumb, not to mention augmentation segregation and prejudice is stupid. Its more like gun control but whatever. The game clearly being rushed out of the door shows too as the ending comes from nowhere and was likely in the plans for DLC.

So you're saying it's just generic?

Yes. I don't know how to explain it but it also felt suffocating to play.

I thought that major characters' faces were incredible (especially Golem city guy and cyborg technician in Prague). But random pedestrians and cops in the hub were from 2002 - awful models and texturing.

Also that out of nowhere buddy chick's face was so polygonal that i was guessing if it was supposed to be like this since she's a cyborg and all.

Deus Ex cucks are a self-help group for desperate normalfags to pretend they're sophisticated gamers.

It was made famous by top 10s and amerifats droning about western gaming, even though most of its ideas are stolen from animu.

cool story bro

there is a fuckton of 'buy the dlc for this section we cut from the main game' stuff on the main menu along with a pvp shooter arena thign with microtransactions.
i took of my nightmare goggles, but it still looks the same.

worst part?

THIS HAS A 83% ON METACRITIC BECAUSE CUCKS LIKE IGN GAVE IT A 9.5/10

THEY THOUGHT THIS LEVEL OF QA FAILURE WAS CLOSE TO PERFECTION.

I mean the fact all the preorder DLC can be used only once, like if you redeem the weapons and money in one playthrough you can never redeem them in other ones ever again.

Don't forget the "every goy must buy dlc for everyone else to get it, so tell your friends to shell out too!"

I don't think it was ever meant to be open world, as one of the lead devs always said he wanted to have a more detailed "city block" equivalent as opposed to a big empty open world peppered with random filler. I think it was successful in that regard. Smaller, but more focused scope.

Yeah, some of them had a certain art style, but this (pic) was just awful. We could've had a high-poly Malik but no… she was way too cute for this game.

Japs don't give a shit about Deus Ex. Also I think that the pachinko meme is done, didn't they ban gambling in Japan?

Here I go.

Nah, quite the opposite they just legalized it. Pachinko dominated because it technically wasn't gambling, so it was the only thing to get a pass.

You mean unban?

Pachinko doesn't qualify as gambling though. You play to win prizes, not money. Many pachinko parlors have a pawnshop nearby where you can seel the prizes for dosh. Yep, just like in Yakuza.

I didn't run into any of these glitches when I played it. Does your rig contain unusual hardware?
Also, it's literally just Human Revolution 2 with better level design.

shit yes you're right. Pachinko was a way to bypass the system and now it's useless.

I think he was playing console. I don't think they had a boxed PC release.

did you forget to use the picture of the gay mercenary man and his husbando that you find when you break into his apartment?

MD is the first game in the deus ex series that I literally forgot about because it was so bland and boring. I got through half of it and just fucking dropped it because something remotely more interesting showed up. The biggest thing is the story is shit. I tolerated the augs lives matter crap in HR but they tripled down on it in MD and it sounds even stupider than before. The first game was chock full of world-building and overarching conspiracies and events. HR and MD just threw some random half-baked shit into the world and hoped for the best.

Prague has some nice architecture though.

Damn.

Jesus those kids are gonna grow up completely fucked.

Nah, those are screenshots I took myself, I actually completely missed the homos. The gameplay apart from the hacking minigame and its associated xp bonuses was fine, but the entire world was like walking through sandpaper, a million little "fuck you, white males". This from a game that used to include the Northwest Secessionist front.

I actually forgot to take screenshots of the bit where a lady asks you to smuggle illegal augs and she gives you a "I'm sorry you feel that way" if you refuse. I would have shot her but I was doing non-lethal. Oh and iirc, she had that half shaved head too.

And then the cycle repeats

I had a sudden OC attack.

Not really.

Bare in mind that HR takes place so far back in terms of the continuity that any ending could have really taken place. The endings themselves were also extremely vague. Like

"let the world know about the truth about augmentations" or "hide the truth about augmentations"

There wasn't anything like "ban all augmentations" or something like that. It's completely vague.

Not to mention by the time DX1 takes place you don't really see a lot of people with mechanical augmentations. The only people you tend to see them on are military or ex military. It can easily be interpreted either way that mechanical augmentations became more limited to military applications, or they were just phased out due to the economic downfall and the eventual rise of nanotechnology. Augmentations being everywhere was a retcon DX HR had because they wanted to push their human augmentation message really hard when it was only a secondary theme in DX1.

Talking about politics has always been a thing in Deus Ex however a big problem with DX Mankind Divided is they tried to talk more about current day politics and not about politics of the future. Like there's a reason why DX1 didn't talk about shit like the Gulf war or Columbine because it wasn't relevant. They preferred to speculate on the future. DX HR sort of did that with it's theme of human augmentations but Mankind divided attempted to be more topical and tried to make a Black Lives Matter analogy which doesn't work since augmentations aren't something you're born with.

I'm not too fond of gays, but who cares? This isn't propagandized and Miller is (IIRC) the only gay character in the game and he doesn't even have a dialogue line that mentions it.

From what I've seen of the gameplay, Jensen is the only decent looking model. He actually looks like how he did in the original trailers.

Apparently they went the Invisible War route and said 'fug id all de endings are canon :DDD'

I'm pretty sure 2 gay parents is better than a single mother. And considering single mothers increase the chances of the child eventually ending up in prison very dramatically that's saying something

Literally.

The numbers in this are optimistic but gays do molest more

Yes and the writers seem to have chosen to ignore what happened in HR or at least described another version of the HR event.
Augs are dangerous, not the people themselves of course but the fact that they have mechanical parts that - if hacked - could take control over their bodies. The authorities did nothing wrong, they forced the augs to remain in a certain part of the city for their safety too.
I hated that the dialogue system was shitty. Adam had always one answer: "Augs dindu nuffin".

Discriminating against them for a one in a million chance of being hacked for even living is pretty wrong if you ask me, segregating so you aren't allowed to walk on the same train as others and many being deported to a huge Kowloon City style slum is pretty wrong.

Unrealistic. It broke my immersion.

forgot pic

The chances of a child getting molested and all other sorts of sick shit is much higher with faggo parents

They're both equally shit for different reasons. The end product is always the same fucked up child that grows into a fucked up leftist.

But it did happen dude
It already occurred

MD is better than HR

Multiple years ago, once, because of a shitty (((philanthropist))).

I mean it's clearly not unreasonable given how easy he did it and how destructive its effects were. Bit more of a chance than one in a million buddy

If augmented people existed in real society I'd want them to be "discriminated" against and treated like the threats they are. Augfags chose that life, they chose to become walking weapons, there is a consequence to that choice.

Yeah and I bet you were nowhere near augs the day they were hacked.

lel

…but it happened. They got hacked in HR. Would you really take the risk of having these death machines walking close to you, knowing that at any moment they could lose the control of their implants and kill you?
There's nothing wrong with keeping them in a protected environment while the authorities find a way to secure their cybernetic bodyparts.

To be fair if augs existed in real life they wouldn't be Jensen tier with knives in their arms and grenade launchers in their nipples. And current prosthetics are nowhere near the capability of giving more strength than a flesh limb, so I don't know how reasonable it is to think they could rip your spine out with one cyber arm.

It wasn't even a hack, it was him having a backdoor into every aug.

If by "any time" you mean being bugged because of a shitty evil man with a backdoor who was against augs that he decided to prove they are bad… by making them murder because of him and him alone.

How is beating the shit out of an aug because he sees himself as a person and walked into a metro protecting them and securing their cybernetic bodyparts?

I was, of course, talking about if augmentations reached Human Revolution levels. Modern day augmented humans are nothing more than cripples with cybernetic replacements and no advantages or danger.

Aug Lives Matter please.

He couldn't unless a shitty anti-aug person decided to backdoor him and force him to kill, which was the reason for the Aug Incident in the first place.

I doubt people would be as quick to amputate their limbs for shiny replacements that require a drug to keep going. Maybe the neural ones, but that would just make you go crazy, you'd still be as fit or unfit as you were before.

What makes you so sure? You trust too much. Give a man a cyberarm, he'll use it in anger one day to kill someone, this is just how humans work.

I never said anything about the guy actively choosing to lose his limbs, just talking about him abusing them after. And it's still a choice because he didn't have to take the over-powered cyber-limb.

it's not about protecting them, it's protecting the general population from them. you seem to forget in deus ex, augmented people are basically weaponized human beings. you don't think some guy with a machine gun as a prosthetic should be monitored? now imagine that with thousands of people.

There are plenty of shitty men and the fact that he was against augs is irrellivent for someone who is pro aug (or neither, really) could do the same thing for different reasons.
Billions of people on this rock and anyone could be working on a way to redo what Darrow did. People like Bob Page could do it again. It could happen at any time.

You can beat someone to death with a stick, metal and plastic will do nicely. What would happen to civilization if it happened all at once? Mankind divided is outrageously optimistic. Lets not forget that augs are just going to be used by the (((elite))) to make them physically, as well as monetarily superior.

Which is what will happen, if it can be hacked, it will be hacked. Your argument is starting to smack of "not true communism" naivety.

But then that means most people who are augmented and could kill you had no choice. Also I just realized, why in the ever living fuck are augs connected to some sort of network? I get that the boss lady in HR made the chip cause she was an illuminati, but no one ever realized their augments should be connected in the first place?

Fuck off aug

i thought it was explained as being able to connect to receive updates and such, but i'm not completely sure.

laughingmechanicum.omnissiah

Don't get me wrong, having a cybernetic limb doesn't make you a killer but as long as there's no fix for the exploits, you could be a risk for the population.

TBH the only good thing in MD is that it allows a discussion on a serious topic, that's cool

it's nuts how 17 years later we still haven't come close to making another game that's remotely as large in scope as DX1. I still remember being blown away by the sheer amount of giant locations you visited in the first game and how much shit there was to explore and interact with. You honestly felt like you were going all over the world, meeting new and interesting people, and killing them

What did we get in HR? Detroit, Shanghai, barely Montreal, and Seaworld
MK? Prague, barely Switzerland, barely London?

This is how retarded you are.

No they aren't. Most people with augs got them simply to replace their lost limbs or hands. Machine gun prosthetics are outlawed for the general populace and are only in military and black market.

With a bit of charisma you can start revolution in Africa, South America or the Middle East and kill equal numbers.

Firmware updates are done in hardware in the game, IIRC. The backdoor that made people go mad was a hardware chip by Darrow.

But it wasn't hacked, it was backdoored by an anti-aug troglodyte like you who wanted to prove them as violent killers by making them violent killers.

In basic big business fashion, in order to have an aug, you must have a neural chip in your head that is always on and connected to wifi so that you automatically download all the software updates that the company wants you to have.
You can also update your social media directly by just thinking about it.

I didn't say anything about banning cyberware, I was talking about monitoring and or controlling movement of people with cyberware. Sort of like how people with guns have to be registered and licensed. Learn to read instead of reading into thing moron.

You seem to forget that in HR you could walk into a clinic and have them give you the ability to shoot omnidirectional ball bearings and nobody asked a single question.

Sure, you could. But the difference is that with proper technical expertise, one could sit at home and develop a virus that when uploaded to the neural hub for immidate download will cause augs to kill millions of people all over again. Nobody would know until it was over and the author would only have to leave their house for a tendie run twice a week.

You are a specifically built killing machine augmented with military augmentations. You aren't a normal aug. And Praxis kits were just a gameplay element, they don't have a big role in the story.
How good is Dude Sex Lmao: The Fall? I want to play it and it's on PC now which is great, but the one time I tried the IAP shit sort of killed it for me.

No you can't and you know it, faggot.

How many fucking times do I have to go around to the same shit again? The Aug Incident happened because of a hardware backdoor that communicated with a central botnet (that being Darrow), not because of a hacker.

It's fucking terrible. The story isn't even a full story, it's just like a demo and ends absurdly quick (was supposed to be part of a series that will never be finished). Also the gameplay is ass. It was impressive for a phone game, but that is the whole of it's value. As a Deus Ex game it's a fucking joke.

And apparently anyone else can be too if they walk into a fucking aug clinic and ask
And y'know, the guys who stole the schematics and then put it into their goons too

And we could have prevented it if we killed all augs, checkmate faggot

It's a shit unity game designed for mobile phones

It is a really bad shovelware game they shoved onto PC because it was easy and quick to port.

He did hack them. The technical difference that you are presenting is that instead of going around the pre-existing security of the neural net, this man instead altered the new neural chip to include a backdoor through the security that he could then exploit. Darrow didn't have the expertise to full-frontal assault the network so he did what he could do and included an exploit in the new security system.
He took the path of least resistance possible to him. That's not to say that someone with different connections and different expertise could use a different security exploit without installing a backdoor themselves to achieve the same result.

If you actually paid the fuck attention in the game, you wouldn't look like an ass right now.

And? It still happened and will happen. Stop saging, you look like you're fresh out of tumblr with your "the world would be perfect if everyone thought like me" solipsism.

Praxis kits are a gameplay element, they have little role in the story.

It happened because of a person like you hated augs so much that he decided to make them kill eachother, all was fine and dandy before.
I forgot my sage on for when I posted didn't mean to keep it on.

If you actually read the logs about how many times the typhoon schematics were fucking stolen you wouldn't look like cockheads right now

I'm sorry lad but your false equivilency doesn't hold up (and you still look silly)

you keep forgetting that you are not an average joe in the game world. clinics won't sell typhoon tech to people without clearance, and they sure as hell wouldn't allow you to make upgrades to it. and seeing that augmentation isn't just a simple fucking procedure, not every asshole with a vendetta can get one. in the black market, maybe, not the fucking clinics themselves.
that would be like apple store allowing a hacking software from the NSA to be put for sale.

From the Deus Ex wiki
These military grade Typhoon and machine gun augments aren't for civilians and civilians don't have them, these were meant for an ex-cop pet project of experimental augs and all other sorts of secretive (most likely government) shit by Sarif.
I just used this metaphor before.

And the metaphor was retarded before when you used it as well.

But both of those things occurred.
Also you seem skip over the fact that LIMB, which is supposedly a medical clinic, not only has the proper parts ready on hand to upgrade a military grade weapon that only Adam Jensen supposedly has, but also stocks fucking ammo for it as well.

I'm sure if I can slip some cash the docs way I'll get whatever i damn well please
Except for the part where some really shady faggots and some really poor faggots seem to have a whole bunch of augs they couldn't have feasibly paid for.

Except for the civilians who do have them because they just went to Rusty Pete's street clinic where he doesn't follow the regulations and gives you the augs that are so ubiquitous everyone seems to have the capacity to build and upgrade them

Get the fuck out faggot.

I'm glad you've accepted what would happen. Welcome to reality.

Except for the mass inequality enabled by augs, the whole thrust of human revolution.

Vs

I'm convinced we're arguing with a 15yo girl.

They certainly have the politics of one.

Buddy you can say "it's because he has super special clearance" but that still doesn't explain why a medical clinic stocks ammunition for a lethal weapon and parts to upgrade it, even moreso that it's just a prototype.

Another thing MD fucked up, with the whole "We hate augs because they look different, nano-augmentations are fine because they blend in we don't mind those ones!". How retarded the writing was

The market was making augs cheaper and more available for everyone at a rapid pace, it was most often used to replace lost limbs, and everyone will never be equal, that's a cold, hard fact of life.

On the argument pyramid, you stand on the lower portion.

I haven't seen anything game breakingly bad as far as graphics or anything so Works on my Machine™, but the world is kinda lame.

Is Prague just that shitty?

Go suck molyneux's dick, cuck.

Wew

no, you don't understand, clinics literally don't have typhoon tech. why the fuck would they, when only very select people are allowed to have them?

seriously, most of the poor fags who have augments explicitly state they had to have a loan, or got them through insurance via their company.
as for the shady fags, i already said that the black market would do this possibly, but they sure as hell wouldn't be able to afford that when they are piss poor, mate. even if the entire black market got their hands on the schematics, they had precisely the exact type or machinery needed to produce it and had a surgeon who would inplant it correctly, so it wouldn't fucking blow your arm off, it would still cost more than it theoretically would cost if it were publically available.
seeing as people can't even afford an arm without debt or insurance, you are willfully ignorant on how many people would be able to get their hands on this tech.

but that's not even important. you yourself said shit about it being able to be completely available to the public in clinics, which is just ridiculous. stop moving the goal just because you didn't think this through.

I don't even watch ancap meme man, guy's a total loser (TWO FUCKING DOLLARS), I just think the meme is funny.

Yes, steel ball bearings.
Ya know, that and spheres loaded with shaped liquid crystal elastomer filled with pentaerythritol tetranitrate microcharges

But they do. They have both the tech and the ammo for it
Because it is

Packed with high explosives or knockout gas.

Praxis kits UNLOCK THE TECH INSIDE OF YOU, when you use a Praxis, you simply gain access to the technology you already had inside of you. Think of it as DLC for your augments.

Or alternatively, the thing you just made up isn't the case, and the clinic does the thing they say they do instead of your headcanon

no it isn't.

It's a troll, look how quick they went from a denying reality utopian, to cold hard facts of life pessimist.

Vid related is the only part worth a damn in the game because they don't shoehorn politics into it and it reminds me of Tay.ai

Oh and this part.

What is it that makes these SJW types flock to being game devs? It's actually a real issue, every time a game is shit, you can bet it had fat, blue haired feminists developing it.

They don't dev anything, they're diversity hire.

It's fashionable, it's also a relatively high paying job that you get into largely as a diversity hire and because it's good P/R to say that the game was made by "a diverse group of people"

Actually HR asked a deep philosophical question
Then they didn't go anywhere with it, made augs stupidly overpowered devices that turn you into G*d and had to make the WHAT IF LOOMYNARTY ZOMBIE CHIMPOUT BUTTON?!

Diversity hire and/or they know a friend of a friend who works there (see the female cosplayer who got a job as lead animator on MEA while knowing next to nothing about CG animation).

No, lol it's more of

I think the thing that makes augs and abortions different, is that installing augmentations on yourself isn't a violation of the NAP. Abortion is because you violate the child's NAP.

You monster

That's why the thematic analogy is a failure, and they doubled down on contemporary politics with

FAGGOTS ARE WORST

God, can you blame them?
Little boys are FUCKING HOT!~. Having a persona fucktoy to be your and your husbands property to exchange for cash is a dream come true! 💗

You guys should give this a read
Homosexuals barely work as couples, let alone parents.

I don't know if you're baiting or not, but I want to let you know your post made me genuinely upset. Fuck off and die.

>>>/newsplus/88154
Oops. Fix'd

Leftists care more about shoehorning politics than the game itself. To them, its another propaganda platform

Euuuugh. I was actually going to get around to playing this eventually. Now, I don't think so.

Typical tricks.

I think it's from YuGiOh…

Being in a society that doesn't hold up mudslime law is against islam so I suppose that means all the murderous freeloaders scourging europe aren't muslim either huh?

Hey Holla Forums, imagine that all the issues OP mentioned were never there, would anyone actually play this game when it came out? When Human Revolution came out and was said to be good, I was quite motivated to play it. But when this came out, there was nothing. Besides the preorder shite I didn't hear much else about the other problems since I was not even a bit curious in how the game played or what the story was about.

Am I the only one who felt this way about the game? Is this franchise fatigue I'm experiencing?

It wasn't a terrible game in terms of gameplay but it had performance issues, microtransactions and stupid game design mechanics or obtuse puzzles for the quests. The thing that ultimately pissed me off was how the ending is timed in saving the delegates and on completion, it ends before reaching an actual conclusion. Like it feels like they cut the game in half with it's story.

For the icing on top of this poor sequel, you are subjected to an unskippable credits of pictures of the developers in their stupid European hats. It seems to be the reason the game was mediocre lies at the fault of both the developers and publishers, honestly.

It didn't light the world on fire, true. I think going back to Jensen was the first big mistake even if he was a clone set to do the Illuminati's bidding. Removing Malik, though one shitskin waitfu bait for another doesn't really matter, was another. Then the concept was so on the nose, it became a bit of a joke and laughing stock. Also the pre-order fiasco sealed the deal before the game even launched.

Yeah, everything is forgiven for a jihadist. That's why they all go out drinking and whoring the night before they blow themselves up. Suicide is against the teachings of Islam, but if you happen to kill yourself while fighting holy war, that shit's wiped clean. Jihadists would get augs out the ass before going to war, because literally every bad thing they do is completely forgiven if they die fighting infidels.

Dying for Muhammad is literally the sandnigger version of baptism.

Quality Vidya.

Why is there a cyberpunk girl in my cyberpunk game?

I don't know about you but SJWs have ruined that look for me. So I assume it's there more for the fact that the female blobs that worked on the game look like that than for cyberpunk.

Queen Slug-For-A-Wig.

Sounds like whatever you played it on is garbage

artists can draw good but they cant think good

How the fuck do you enjoy the trash heap that HR was and not this?
I mean shit anything is more competent than Human Revolution

I liked HR. Excepted for the piss filter and the boss fights, it was quite fun sneaking around and hacking shit.

I tried it about two or three months ago and I couldn't make it past the first mission. Good god what a fucking travesty. For reference I finished the original Deus Ex for the first time a few years ago and thought it was pretty good.

DX1 did mention some of the shit that happened then like our good friend Ted

When does this happen?