Sports Games Thread

Talk about sports games, old and new, and ask if certain sports games are any good. Are any of the NFL Blitz games on N64 worth playing?

Being a Kangaroo myself I loved these games, every one since the first xbox/ps2 games have been trash though which is a shame.

I just want a good baseball game for the fucking PC. MLB The Show is great but fuck consoles and fuck sports games monopolies.

GET ANGRY REN

This is what happens when a single company has the sole production rights of a genre of games. Real damn shame.

I thought Megaman Soccer was a pretty fun game.

I just want to play UFC Undisputed 3 on PC

I thought the UFC games looked dumb until I actually saw a demo running on kiosk. Those hits looked real enough it actually made me slightly uncomfortable how real everything moved and reacted to hits. Is that the huge appeal of those games?

NBA 2k15's soundtrack is fucking insane.

Shame that another soundtrack of this caliber is very rare in a sports game.

Yup.

Mario Strikers Charged > That other one for the gamecube

Do we have to have this discussion in each sportsball thread? It's not that KonEAmi have exclusive rights to the concept of sportsball or Tiger Wood's soul, it's just that, back in the good ol' days before 9/11, sportsball were VIDEOGAMES first and simulations later. Then, by sheer luck, these two companies found out that normalfags don't really care about fun as much as having all the right names in the teams and having dick contests between each other to see which one will be the one who Would Be Suffering Humiliation When The Sports Team From Their Friend's (favorite) Area Defeats The Sports Team From Their Own (favorite) Area.
Nowadays, the biggest titles are pretty much Fantasy Football with very little changes between each iteration (apart from bugs that make no sense in being there outside of the companies purposefully leaving them in to patch at a later date, given the engines and all are pretty much the same), but fun and enjoyable sportsball titles still exist and are published regularly. The problem is that they all want to be the new version of KonEAmi minus the names, so they don't have that 90's vibe of simple yet colorful fun we used to have.

I should def make a chart with sportsball titles. In the mean time, remember that Mods should forever be free because no way in hell we'd be able to get this shit playing in today's horrid license-ridden world.

That slightly irritated me for some reason. That and that song is a secret guilty pleasure of mine.

I don't know if you can add custom anthems to the game but it's definitely doable.

I'm sure you can, my statement was mostly about the video.

Bothersome

I'm not a big fan of sports or sports games (I do like playing them on occasion), but I envy sports fans because their hobby is seemingly untouched by sjws and journalists.

From what I understand, the leagues do that job for them. I think that the NFL now does limits on celebrations for some reason. Thankfully, the NHL is pretty based when it comes to fighting. They have a "it is not allowed, but, ya know…" attitude towards it. I guess that is why even enhancements towards fighting is allowed in the NHL games, like using the Fight Night engine for I think 06 to adding whole entire teams fighting in a line.

Nah, SJW bullshit has been hitting sports pretty hard. ESPN has been pushing it a fair amount. And there was the whole Kaepernick thing that happened last season.

The celebration penalty rules were actually loosened this offseason due to popular demand. At this point, celebrations that delay the game, ones offensive in nature, or ones portraying "air weapons" are banned. Stuff like using the ball as a prop, group celebrations, and snow angels were un-banned.

Also any here play NBA Playgrounds? I heard it had a rough launch but it's been slowly improve with each patch

Is it as good as NBA Street?

I only played UFC 2009, a friend at time used to call it "Bushido Blade with fists" because you could do a one hit knock out by striking the temple.

You said it, brother

Get a load of this guy
Sports is the most poz'd entertainment in the biz. Niggers, spics/latinos and asians as far as the naked eye can see. Even said African or Asian countries grab some spics/latinos since that's literally all they're good at outside of stealing and playing KoF. No matter the sport or the nation, you're wont to see teams composed of anything but people from every place on Earth, which would be great if it wasn't for all the anti-racism and bullshit concepts thrown around by the leagues for their sponsors. It gets so bad that in one particular soccer match, some patches of a field kind of looked like someone purposefully made a swastika-like symbol, and the home team got penalized for not having noticed that.
Sportsball fans are also embodying the duality of man: they'll drop on their knees and suck nigger cock (or arabian, korean, CHINESE) if it meant making their team stronger, and will call foreigners their own just because they're being paid to play as the mercenaries that they are, yet at the same time they have complete disdain for any other country or city or town or city block that opposes them, except for the few historic alliances between supporters.

Sportsball is cucked, mate. We need to usher a new era, reminding ourselves of the times when the Ol' Boys were of our own cities or armies instead of a bunch of groids who can run real fast for a couple of hours.

It's very case by case stuff though. I remember supporters chanting racist slurs and getting penalized, but throwing balloon bananas at African players was fair play apparently.

Bumperino