Fighting for colors

Why doesn't every sprite-based game have a color editor? Or at least, get color scheme unlocks for playing?

I can't choose a favorite

Why do that when niggers will pay for colors. Gotta do the minimum amount of effort with maximum return

I'm surprised that expensive reskins with free color editing isn't the norm.
"Every skin you buy can be recolored any way you want! That's millions of combinations for only $9.99, what a steal!"

Certain color combinations are not allowed

I like number 06.

Why does she have balls?

What game is this, that's actually really well done and I kind of wish more games did this, not even just fighting games.

This is one of the reasons why KOF 98 UM > KOF 98 FE

It's Yuri from the King of Fighters series. Pic related is from the same game.

All of that is in steam version of Kof 13. Just sayan.

So you can charge for them instead

KOF 13 for PC is a great port, indeed, that's why I didn't expect they would do such a cheap job with KOF 98 UM port/update.

I'm not an expert but I also managed to get some good online matches with it despite my ass-backwards geo position so I assume it has at least no shit netcode.
I was so happy with that game.

Final Edition wasn't called Final Edition because it's the definitive version. It was called Final Edition because it was the last time SNK was gonna re-release 98 to arcades and contained the last balance tweaks.
The Steam version was just a quick cash in of for a release that didn't have a home port yet.

That's because 13 was done in-house, same with how 14's port is good because they actually hired a good company to handle the port and oversee the development.

What game specifically? is not KOF13

Well you might as well tell the rest of it now

Street Fighter x Tekken isn't sprite-based, but it's the best example of why allowing custom colors online is a bad idea. Fucking glowing neon everywhere.

That's her but cheeks.

There's a lot of things wrong with Street Fighter x Tekken

Remember that even gems were supposed to be paid DLC at some point.

it exists in disgaea 5 which is pretty cool except that it doesnt change the color of the portraits. so it sets off my autism and i dont do it.

in the last thread like this some user said how he always masturbates to mai, and i told him maybe we should do it together, never got a response or nothing
that's it, i'm not a hot girl, or a trap, just a horny user with a small cock who likes to masturbate with people

The planet could do without people like you.

Hey OP, still around? What KOF is that one? It's not one I have and it's not the newer ones since she's not a moe-blob.

On-disc DLC, too. Someone managed to unlock them before their official release.

That rustles mah austism. Forward+Forward to do Ken's overhead kick~ sounds so bad.
As bad as USA's MM/DD/YYYY date system.

How much did 3S:OE change for colors?!?

why are preset colors allowed?

give me a fucking versatile color slider and shit

You forgot to put Krauser everywhere in the PS2 version while the FE is the most balanced version of '98 even with a few design sacrifices like adding cancels to the game in UM compared to vanilla.
What said but adding that 98UMFE and 2002UM are a literal arcade ports with the PS2 UI and challenges slapped on it. The arcade version was already implemmented in a modified WindowsXP arcade board. The arranged soundtrack for 98UMFE can be modded with an easy explanation on the steamguides. Most of the bugs/glitches were fixed during the closed beta and in the first few weeks and I never had a crash when changing video settings.
Online was supposed to have lobbies but it had the same "exponential lag" whenever a new player enter the lobby bug found when USFIV ditched GFWL in favor for Steamworks and instead of trying to fix it like the company in charge of the USFIV port, CodeMystics simply removed the lobbies to have the simple two player matchmaking and after Soul Calibur V, that's simply unacceptable.
Also, 98UMFE besides being the only way to play the update in the west before the NesicaxLive dump, you can do fun stuff like repeating characters on teams.

As for colors, at least 98UMFE have 8 colors for each character. I wish we could choose more than 4 in 2002UM.

2nd Impact colors are unlockable by just beating arcade mode with said character. On PSN, it's U$2.99 for each of the two packs but the "full" game is on sale every now and then.

New Colors are easy enough to do. Shouldn't have to pay for it

Remember when Zero2 has SF2 Chun Li costume?

You can also use sf2 costumes in alpha 3, I think it's under x-ism.

imo you HAVE to choose X-ism to have her sf2 costume. iirc you can't have her sf2 costume with the other -ism grooves.

Because that would be interesting and innovative and fun