Emulation Thread - Nintendo! Camelot! Edition

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Anyone have a PCSX2 memory card file with a 100% clear of Digital Devil Saga 1? Finished it on console but never got around to the second game.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/batteryshark/CHDSSF
redump.org/discs/quicksearch/nights-into-dreams/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What are you Anons playing on PCSX ?
Got a bunch of games but not the drive to finish them.
Fucking kill yourself.

Trying to 100% Ape Escape 3. I added a few percent points, but fuck it's not worth it. At least 25% of the completion percentage is buying all the objects from the shop.

Gamefaqs probably does, use mymc to convert and insert the save into a memory card and you should be good.

Actually i did that once and its more complex than that, i actually had to pretty much unpack , edit, and repack a save from all of its various elements, then use the special paste feature of ULauncheElf to paste the file to the memory card

I don't know what the fuck you did but you certainly don't need to do that to put a save on a PCSX2 memcard.

the save wasn't available in a ready to paste format that is all i remember

Not really an emulator question, but what's a good starting point for beat 'em ups?

MAME with a complete set and browse the Beat'emUp category
SoRR

My nig.
This isn't a 2006 forum, cunt.

Anyone here familiar with genesis plus gx? In the options, there is a setting called dac_bits, with the description "enables YM2612 DAC quantization", and starts off disabled by default. Can someone explain what this actually does? I haven't been able to find more details on it aside from that short line from the manual.

Judging from the name alone and some limited knowledge about the console I'd say it would affect games that use that function of the YM2612 chip to alter the way they sound.
Most likely just enable or disable it and listen to any change in the audio, but it could also be something that isn't actually working at all or properly.

Heh.

Is there a good Dreamcast emulator? Want to play some Shenmue.

Should I try another emulator lads?

Playing Nights with Sega Saturn emulator SSF, and I have a problem where I play one level and when I get to the end where I'm getting scored, I'm stuck on a loop with Nights in an animation within the black background.

Demul. It can be stuttery sometimes, but it's the better than NullDC.

What are your SSF settings?

Thanks.

Well there's your problem. First
Get the fucking bios files to ensure most fucking compatibility

You can find bios for America, Europe, and Japan on emuparadise. Why do people always fucking forget to download these.

Second, try HIGHEST EZ setting instead. In my experience, FULL seems to break more games than it fixes.

when is a proper ps3 emulator ever coming out

When I said no bios, I meant I already downloaded the bios but I checked the "No Bios" part. Do I need a specific Bios?

Back at my PC now
Usually yes, typically a Japanese 1.0 or 1.01 bios works best. The American and European bios can work as well, but those are the ones that when you boot up a Saturn they have that piercing shriek if you boot to the menu.

>inb4 hotpockets delet this shitpost>>12737197

>>>/cuckchan/ is this way.

when will you learn to not reply

Not in the right format. Gamefaqs only has a normal clear data and a PS3 file (for the PSN store release)

Can anything handle F-Zero Climax without frameskips?

Tip top jej

Hey, I remember this image. I used it to call your dumbass out. Reported.

5 seconds in google

I'll take the b8
Have fun with fiddling with those region locked games outside of the gameboy, faggot.
I can't hear you over the money I'm not giving to modders who jew people out for fucking HDMI mods
Oh, so you can disable the reverberating sound in PS1 games on the fly then? Or is that another "mod" someone is charging for? Also, how's that pristine sound coming from your model 2 Genesis? Better save up for that Mega Amp.
Is that supposed to imply you're actually using FILTERS in your systems? Shit nigger most of us emucucks quit using that shit besides faux scanlines
So does that scaler software just work out of the box then? Also how goes constantly switching out inputs to hook up your system
Sad, you're already bullshitting. I guess I should check back on how much I spent on buying those emulators that the authors themselves offer for free for the last 15 years.

Was there such a big delay on when to press inputs in Parappa the Rappa on actual hardware or is that just an emulation thing? That shit's ridiculous.

So?

Mgba standalone or retroarch version, vba-m or next, and gpsp. Make sure your device is at least from 2006.

It"s like that on actual hardware and on the psp version.

HAHA i told you it wasn't that simple

Yeah gotta admit I never had to deal with that retarded format before but the ulaunchelf bit is still needlessly complicated when you can just turn it into a simple format and import like usual.

Works perfectly, thanks. I had missed the set framerate option on mGBA.

I've been trying to use SSF but on all the games I've tried I have sound, just no music. I've tried all sorts of settings in the emulator and nothing worked. I did look it up though and supposedly I need to mount the .cue file instead of the .bin but I can't do that with VCD. Everything else seems kind of sketchy so what's an alternative to VCD? or is the issue something else?

Nigger, have you never heard of an automatic switcher?

You have two alternative, turn your .bin/.cue into .CHD and apply the .CHD mod on SSF effectivelly making it so you don't have to use 3rd party software just to run games.

Or you can pirate A120% / DTpro and use that instead (don't go for the free versions they're filled with very hard to avoid adware)

LOL just burn your money, too

Still nothing. Also to note, it doesn't play the intro movie and there's no music in the start menu, but everything else works well besides what I mentioned already.

Go on, I may need to do this instead.

github.com/batteryshark/CHDSSF
I make no guarantee, this usd to require you to manually edit the SSF executable with an hex editor at some point but it was probably changed to a soft patcher to avoid issues on version change.

Then it's possible you have a bad rip. Re-download from another source. Here are my settings.

NIGHTS user's iso not being read isn't the problem.

Definitely a VCD problem. And never mount .bin files, always .cue. Like one user said, pirate Alcohol 120 or try that chd mod.

Meant to reply to

Before downloading things randomly try seeing if your dump is indeed borked
redump.org/discs/quicksearch/nights-into-dreams/

Keeping going hardware cuck

Hard to hear about it over that money I don't waste.

I know mine is fine according to CDmage, but Nights user should definitely check.

???
Was your pc free?
Emucucks at their finest folks

Meant to say systems
No, and neither were your softmod tools
Hardware cucks at their finest.

Accuracy doesn't work the same way when talking about flashcart.
The main thing that is emulated is the I/O between the cart and the console which especially on older console can cause huge issues.with even slight errors
Then there's the case of all carts that actually had additional function performed on the cart (mappers, special chips, AP chips, SRAM and SRAM as scratchpad RAM etc) and those you have to emulate.
So basically flascart allow you to avoid any and all issues coming from emulating the console hardware but you're still left to deal with the issues coming from the emulation of the cart hardware which can range from nearly nothing (GBA) to various very complex chips (SNES SA1 and Super FX being the two culprit her since one has literally half the thing done on it undocumented and the other require a pricey FPGA to handle fullspeed).
Compatibility issues with flashcart more often come from completely unimplemented features rather than bad emulation (see missing mappers and special chips) since any decently competent dev with good docs shouldn't have much issues reproducing accurate cart behavior when using an FPGA like most flascart.
Also one of the reason why ODEs are a pain in hte ass to develop, since none of the chips that deal with disc data transfer are properly reversed on most CD console and some console like the PS1 had game rely on absurdly obscure behaviors to work properly (see Monkey Hero or Nighmare Creature you know it's bad when even the mednafen dev isn't sure of how the game even manage to work at all on the actual hardware

Softmod are even worse since they rarely ever respect the original transfer rate and timing of the original hardware using the actual legit game and while it's not an issue on most modern game that simply don't rely on precise timings and transfer rate for data access it does mean that the last few consoles where this really mattered (aka the 6th gen) will forever have a handful of problem games or inherent issues when softmodding (FMV stutter, crashes, degraded performance, reliance on patched games or very specific loader for specific games etc)

What's a good converter for bin/cue to chd?

One of the CHDMAN version that has a gui or just CHDMAN if you're not afraid of CLI.

Question, did anyone else use Mednafen Saturn from Retroarch? Because I had to use Darkwater roms, otherwise it just says "Uncorrect data at sector zero".

Your .cue might have been incorrect then (absolute path and retarded shit like that)

So could Mednafen Saturn only read Darkwater roms? Because other Saturn emulators were able to read normal bin/cue files just fine.

Nah it reads any proper .bin/.cue dump, I run it with redump and have not encountered issues with those same with darkwater, only time I ever get issues is when some .cue is borked.

Interesting info, thanks user.

Does it the Bios have to do with whether or not the emulator can read certain bin/cue?

Shouldn't, but BIOSes are name and case sensitive in mednafen so it's easy to fuck up, just copy paste the name from the docs and use the provided hashes to make sure everything is right.