Tfw the 3DS is officially over the hill to devs

Tfw the 3DS is officially over the hill to devs

Are devs ashamed the 3ds has fallen behind smartphones in 3d graphics and they are trying to hide it so the general consumer buys a game based on box art or anime cutscenes or something instead?

It feels strange since i dont remember this happening with the GBA or DSLite. Shit even Vita games show lots of gameplay in trailers and some are almost eroge visual novel tier.

Why is making a 3DS game in 2017 so shameful to a developer?

It could be because Nintendo has a new handheld out?

I have a feeling you started this thread just to shitpost because I doubt anyone could be this retarded

So old hardware looking old would somehow dissuade the consumer from buying flashier looking games on newer hardware? so they hide gameplay because seeing old looking games would lose a sale on new hardware?

I think you have an error in your process user.

Same shit happened with the Wii towards the end. Graphics are a great marketing tool but Nintendo doesn't give a fuck so devs have to make do with the hardware because to Nintendo gimmicks are a better marketing tool than graphics and that R&D money HAS to go somewhere and they're not wrong

God of War 2 and FFXII already looked old back in 2007 yet they sold like hotcakes.

I have a 3DS but not a Switch. I cannot wait for the 3DS to be obsolete. I hate the fucking thing. The hardware is archaic and I don't play it on the go so the mobility means nothing to me.

Are you implying that the Switch doesn't hace archaic hardware? lol

In all fairness the Switch is probably Nintendos most appropriately priced hardware. You're really not going to do much better than 200 bucks for a tablet with a Tegra X series Soc. To put into perspective the WiiU was literally 3 Gamecube cores on one die (not even hyperbole, they were literally 3 750CLs, the WiiU was a 32-bit machine) that Nintendo tried selling for 300 fucking bucks

The Switch is the only piece of hardware from Nintendo that was not completely outdated upon release. I'm impressed even with how little time I spent with a friend's Switch. I've got a PC with a 1070, all I expect from a console is that it's snappy, not processing even the most basic commands for minutes like the Wii U and the 3DS.

Why would you want your own console to be obsolete? Just because you don't like the hardware? I have no idea why anyone would think this. Are you a legit cuck?

Yeah but you're getting another pokemon game. Switch won't have a normal pokemon game until 3 more years if ever.

Because I know the alternative will be better? I can sell this shit off and never have to suffer using it again.

But why throw away your 3DS? At least keep it and hack it for your favorite 3DS games. I don't understand this milennial mentality of selling/throwing old game systems away for the newest hit thing. Because if you don't like the new thing you can always go back to your older games on the last system.

I remember being 16 too bruh

the switch is already outdated is basically running a older gen Tegra card, coupled with a bloated fuck OS and using shitty mini card for storage.

the tiny piece of shit could of easily been bigger thicker and support a bigger battery bigger card slot and everything else.

It's because the average person is terrible with finances and self-control, and they don't want to bother improving either of those aspects (Even though it's very simple to solve).

Nigger its as barebones as it gets

Did they announce EOV/EOU3/EMD2/PQ2 in english yet?

Oh shit they actually fucking did announce EOV

By "bloated fuck OS," are you referring to the barren yet snappy one the Switch has? And would you rather use a regular SD card that's the same as microSD except being four times bigger, or perhaps a hard drive? Remember that this is supposed to be a handheld, user. I remember some retard here arguing that the 3DS and Vita should've used USB sticks; hopefully that wasn't you.

What reason does he have to laugh?

How fucking old are you?

I would never advocate this for any other console. But I fucking hate handhelds. Anyone who completely abandons the previous console for the hottest new one will always regret it because it's a stupid thing to do.
But I bought a 3DS then a New 3DS for Monster Hunter, played each one on it to death, and I never want to touch the thing again. The fact Monster Hunter left console and went handheld has made me loathe the damn thing. I want Monster Hunter to return to console in any way possible. I legitimately want handhelds to stop existing and become universally obsolete. It's illogical, sure. But I really hate the entire idea of "gaming on the go". I can't think of anywhere outside of my house I'd touch the thing except for on a plane. The only reason I'd rather be being Monster Hunter on the Switch is because I can play it docked and with better performance than on a 3DS.

I was wrong to say it like that. The 3DS, the Wii, the Wii U, and the N64 were lacking in performance compared to alternatives at each of their releases.

Are you fucking retarded?

The only reason I'd rather have Monster Hunter on the Switch*

I can't play Goldeneye or Mario Kart splitscreen without the fucking thing shitting itself. The PS1 had games that looked and played better.

Just because you can hold something in your hands doesn't make it a handheld.

Wow, you showed me, user.

The GUI is barebones, but the OS is tied to all apps running like xbone, to support hittime the homebutton to return. That and im sure the netcode puts a lot of stress on the nic when its connected to wifi.

because the 3ds is fucking garbage. All the 'good' games on it are niche nintendo bullshit meant for children and weeb timesinks . There isn't an original game for that system that merits anyone wasting time or money on it. Hell, its predecessor had more original titles than the 3ds

N64
At least, Mischief Makers made it stateside.

Gamecube.

Nintendo DS

Nintendo 3DS

Wii.
Cool story , my aunt bought a wii for the previous mentioned reason. She stopped using it and when she was moving out of her apartment, she gave it to me, along with her Wiifit board and zumba equipment.

Wii U

Nintendo Switch.

what is with all these nintendo shill threads today?

Are you retarded?

You telling me your faggot-ass is too scrawny to hold a gamecube?

I remember usb user. That was the most fucking retarded discussion ever. Micro sd cards are maybe a tiny bit more expensive but generate so much less heat and take up so much less space. I dont even know how he got the idea to have usb storage.

A fuking leech like you has no right or place calling anybody scrawny. At this point you are allowed to apologize and nothing more to me. so take notice now, so much as look at me in a matter that displeases me and I will string your fuking ass up and take my time with your piece of shiit ass. Not a threat, a promise.

I know that feel too well.

Wow… Sounds like you never played a Gameboy or a Lynx. I agree that Monster Hunter needs to come back to consols. However there are some games that don't work playing all at once in a consol sitting. You know "five minute fun". Though nowdays those games have moved to phones.

Alright. To each their own. Here is your (You).

The N64 had better textures and generally more graphical capability than the PS1, but the sound quality suffered due to space limitations. I have never heard that the gamecube was stronger than the xbox and it sounds like bullshit. Not one of my multiplats look better on gamecube than they do on xbox.

And here's your (you) for not having the balls to defend what you like.

Neogaf bait.

But that's wrong you fucking retard.
The Switch sold 2.74 million unit within 2 months, while the Wii U sold 3.06 million in 12.
The Wii U's sales also occurred mostly during initial release and Christmas, while the Switch has been selling more steadily, and if the trend continues, will sell a shit ton at Christmas when there's more games on it like Mario and Sanic.

The Switch has a lot of problems with it, but outright lying will just make retards ignore the other points.

Also, the 3DS didn't rely on the DS library, as the DS library wasn't in print, especially through the last 4 years, in which the 3DS sold more units that the first 2 years of release. It relied on Pokemon, MonHun, Zelda and Mario to sell, which worked, seeing as it was the most sold console of the 8th generation.

Ouch, I just cut myself on that edge.
Go back to reddit, where hurt feelings and apologies are allowed.

It was carried by the endless slew of third parties and 9 Pokemon games.
Most of the games didn't even use the touchscreen, they were just GBA games with a status screen to look at.

nig it was carried on brain games and new super mario bros. the biggest shit nintendo has ever shat.
Oh great, another gimmick left by the wayside. Way to go nintendo.

So you tell me that it's carried by it's touchscreen, then instantly agree with me that they didn't use the touchscreen that much, and still warp that around to mean "Fuck Nintendo".
You're an idiot, user. Kill yourself immediately.

You said that it only sold well due to Mario and Brain games, and while Mario was the top seller at 30mil, there were only 5 games out of 140 selling over 1 million units that were Brain games or similar. So, ignoring Mario and educational games, there's still 134 games that sold over a million copies.

Now, next time you argue something, be sure to actually prove it and not just rely on your feelings and what you perceive to be correct.

There's some shit going on Holla Forums right now. It's like a Civil War going on Holla Forums. And there is two sides, oldfags and newfags, and newfags have go to go. Anytime oldfags want to have a good time ignorant ass newfags fucking it up. Can't do shit! Can't do SHIT, without some ignorant ass fucking it up! Can't do nothing! Can't make some original content thread open more than 100 posts. Grand opening…grand closing. Can't see cool posts on the front page… WHY? Because newfags are talking about E3 and Consoles!

Well first of all the gimmick was two screens you idiot and people bought it for the gimmick like the wii regardless of how games actually used it.
Also
good quarter of those sales are probably just people buying a replacement

Yes, fuck Nintendo for making a console that sold well, and had games on it that people bought.
The DS was a perfectly good console with a huge library of games to play. You're providing no evidence of what you're peddling beyond anecdotes and what you perceive to be correct.
The only thing you've mentioned that's correct is that the DS lite had a shitty hinge, though you could of just sent that to Nintendo in the mail for a free fix, including postage, so that removes your idea of replacement consoles.

Stop smoking whatever your smoking, learn to speak the English language properly and just report faggots shitting up threads.

Thats not what I said. I was just telling that other fag that the DS was not an example of nintendo doing something "right". There was plenty wrong with it and the games it had.
Again not to say its a bad console so you don't get triggered but it was far from perfect.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

This happened like 4 years before 3DS was released

I love a lot of the 3DS games but I hate the 3DS blurry 3D screen and potato hardware with all my soul, DSi/GBA have the hardware of a brick and somehow games don't look blurry/shitty at all

That's horse shit.

Thanks for proving him right.

Thats every console though.

Even if you watched the video at 1.5x it would've taken you more than 6 minutes. Quality post.

I didn't have to, history has already shown the gamecube had next to jack and shit for games.

I mean the fact that this video lists "Beach Sports" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" doesn't really help its case.

Nigger I bought a Gamecube, I know what I'm talking about. The only good games for the system were by Nintendo and all the rest were shovelware crap.

Do you have brain damage?

this fucking system is 800x240p
It's been behind phones since it released. Vita in comparison makes this thing look like a fucking calculator. It's not even capable of emulating SNES natively. Who the fuck even bought a New 3DS anyway? I have never met someone who did. I remember when this system was considered a flop for the first 6 months and had one game. Nobody bought this system until Nintendo knocked the price down and released Animal Crossing. Before then this system was shit.

This system has some of the worst specs I've ever seen. Vita has 4 times more RAM and 21 times more video RAM, along with nearly 3 times the processing speed despite releasing less than a year apart.

Xbox blew Gamecube to pieces while the PS2 was superior due to disc size and some genius things Sony did inside the system. That's only even talking about the systems and not even the games that came out on the PS2 and Xbox.

If we're purely talking raw horsepower then the Xbox was the most powerful console that gen while the PS2 was by far the weakest. The Gamecube absolutely destroyed the PS2. You can see this fairly clearly if you compare Gamecube first parties to PS2 first parties. Its not even a contest. HOWEVER, Nintendo did majorly fuck up with the Gamecube on disc size, where the PS2 was able to get large open worlds like San Andreas and Dragon Quest VIII. The closest the Gamecube came was Wind Waker (whose world was cleverly used as a loading zone) and Twilight Princess (whose map real isn't that big)

Also sage for doublepost but
The 3DS does actually have a slight advantage over the Vita memory wise. The Vita uses conventional DDR3 while the 3DS uses FCRAM (Fast Cycle RAM). The idea was that you could get away with a smaller-but-faster RAM size because Nintendo probably realized having lower-latency memory was more important than having a large memory bank when considering the cost anyhow

Just came by to bully you.

The right one is from an emulator
The N64 doesn't have that smooth polygons.

I don't think devs making games for the 3DS really care that their games don't look cutting edge.

Good job proving his point, fucktard.

Nintendo was a mistake. They're nothing but trash.

I'll believe it.

Your reasoning is that you don't like the games. How exactly can that be "defended" against?

How many New3DS games exist nowadays? Still only xenoblade?

FFXII looked spectacular for a PS2 game.

And for all of that what you essentially get is a:

Nintendo is now even falling behind the Chinese bootleg iPads running android when it comes to price and performance. The only difference is Nintendo somehow trough marketing still has fanboys.

Runbow Pocket is going to be New N3DS only, apparently.

So there's 2.

the standardised hard- and software of the Switch makes the spec comparison with shitty android tablets a bit pointless

the unity engine can only run on n3ds, so lot of indie ports only run there.

Not enough to warrant buying the system.

Just wait until Android gets a 3DS emulator and makes the Dreamcast emulator even better.
They're so fucked it's not even funny.

PC doesn't even have a 3DS emulator worth a damn on account of the inability to dump bootrom and how mindnumbingly easy it is to both get your hands on a 3DS (or 2DS) and hack it afterwards me matey. That's some years off.

Anyone got that image with the "there's a letter to a Shogun saying that Nintendo is doomed" screencap? I can't find it.

yes but it will happen in the Switch lifetime.

Nevermind, found it. Pic related.

So the 3DS has these until early 2018:

I think 2018 is when they will put all their effort into the Switch.

Developers don't show gameplay because games look like eye cancer on the 3DS.
When Oceanhorn, an iOS game that was released over 4 years ago, still to this day excels graphically against anything the 3DS has offered then attempting to market 3DS gameplay is a recipe for disaster.

I honestly hate my 3DS, I only got it for Rune Factory 4 and that was after being fucked around with the region locking bullshit meaning I had to wait over a year after the US had it. But anything on it looks like cancer, which is even worse when there are several PSP games I would consider that have better graphics than the majority of 3DS games.
I can't wait for it to be trashed and Nintendo to focus on the Switch, it's the only device from them in a long time I've actually liked.

Did 2DS come out uet?

How, How does this correlate?

Look at the date of the post.

It's been out for years.

I know!!! It STILL doesn't make sense.

if you only displayed one texture at a time, maybe. the N64 had an unbelievably small texture buffer, it was developed under the assumption that people would mostly use shaded polygons without textures. that didn't happen so everything looks like it's smeared in vaseline because all textures in a level had to fit in like 4k.

Oh boy.

I just sold my switch today in order to buy power tools and makeup.

It had a decent run, but wasn't near powerful enough to woo anyone, especially not me. Most games, especially Pokemon, was boring as shit.

This only makes sense if you're a buffalo bill wannabe.