MORROWIND THREAD

May Cause Unfortunate Side Effects Edition

Feel free to bitch about the fact OpenMW will be a total train wreck. Speaking of which when is the next release?

Why?

What's wrong with OpenMW? It's still unfinished, but it already runs better than the original engine it the game can be beaten.

Basically the people in charge are your typical modders. In other words have their heads completely up their ass, and refuse to take any criticism. It's very likely the project will just stall, and vanish because of the lack of interest. It does have a lot of promise, but so have many mods that have come before.

Why play shit games, yes.

All that's left is merging the .esps and I'll be done with the modpack boys, though I'm not sure if anyone remembers me since I haven't posted in a long time.

Doubt it, I follow it pretty closely and its only issue is that it isn't developed too slowly. This modpack requires it anyways because of the .omwaddon format and parallax maps.

Gothic fan, or Skyrim?

Noice stuff. It's funny how the modded water effects in morrowind look better than the vanilla in skyrim.

*it's developed too slowly

was rephrasing it and forgot to change the whole sentence

Before the OSG port the shadows were far better than Shitrim's too, I think reimplementing them is next on Scrawl's to-do list.

Gothic

Looking good, user.

I thought Zini has a strict rule of "no changes from vanilla Morrowind", unless it is a bug, obviously broken behaviour or if making a change would be no more work than a faithful implementation (the alchemy interface is one such case). Has anything changed about that? What kind of criticism are they unwilling to take?

I don't think you know anything about what you're talking about, I go on the forums a lot and none of the developers have issue with taking criticism. If you want to make a legitimate complaint about them you should complain about how they refuse to pull the fork with Lua which would make the whole Morrowind community immediately switch over because TESScript is a piece of garbage. They won't pull it because they want to sandbox it so people don't install mods that contain viruses, and they refuse to sandbox it until after 1.0

Why would anyone do this? It couldn't possibly be for any kind of identity theft because of the very small community, are they really that afraid of sabotage?

More related to the expansion to the fanfic MMO than TES3, but I admit that I like that Clockwork City turned out to be physically accessible only by shrinking. Explains some of the inconsistencies of its true location since it would theoretically be mobile. Also, the new fabricant tech by Sotha Sil is exactly what a lot of the Dwemer modders figured it would be.

The only mod I really want is one that makes the AI not so shit. It really kills my vibe when an enemy gets stuck on geometry or something.

Well the player gets stuck on geometry all the time to.

Get a load of this gay cocksucker.

Does anyone here know of a good alchemy mod for morrowind? I seem to recall one would allow you to make potions from a single ingredient.

Keeping focused on one goal before chasing others is a good thing. That said, isn't the whole point of Lua to be this minimal language that's boxed in so that it is safe by default? Vid related

How about that it's better than Zenimax Media Inc.'s engine as it is?

Fucking neato, user.

Care to go in detail? I.e what mods do that and how.

why ?

I did a complete & total uninstall, then reinstall, then put together a decent pack of mods & everything was going great. A few days ago I restarted my PC and it seems to have completely fucked my Morrowind installation for no reason I can see. Many old save files (which I had deleted) reappeared, and my "Data Files" manager screen is showing old, deleted mods from the previous installation which aren't even in the folder. Of course my new saves wouldn't load, so there was about 20 hours down the tubes. Weirdest thing I've ever seen.

Thats my biggest irritation with computers

No mods do it properly which is why I made my own:

>Massively increased fatigue stamina consumption and regen, spells now also consume stamina and your magic/weapon skills reduce the cost. One of the artifacts (Fargoth's ring, actually) removes most RNG from combat (+10000 attack, -10000 luck) so the people who really want that can do so without breaking the game.
The best part is if you didn't like any part of what I wrote above or any of the individual mods the whole thing is completely modular.

Excellent. Keep it up, I remember you from a while a go.

Also, Telvanni is best house.

To each their own user, but most of those are some seriously whack changes from a sensible standpoint.

That's not balance, that's annoyance.

How can you think this is a good thing? The entire point of equipment progression is that you get better stuff as you play. Making Daedric unequipable, unrepairable, and constantly damaging you upon using is just gonna mean no one will use it. What's supposed to balance out Daedric's power is its rarity, not some arbitrary detriments that make no sense.

Well I should clarify, it can be removed but each piece weighs 500 but also feathers by 500 while equipped so you're not supposed to constantly equip and unequip it to get around the health drain
What's wrong with this?
The dagger isn't for normal builds, you shouldn't have it with you while playing the game normally.
Well now it isn't useless for them.
It regenerates extremely quickly now, above 40 endurance you don't have to rest while walking around.

It's better because it has absurd enchantment/armor values, I wanted to make it give the feel of making a pact with the daedra which would mean you become very powerful in the short term but it fucks you over in the long term.

The point of these items with big benefits and drawbacks is that they're an optional way to play the game completely differently for those that want it. If you want to play the game without them you can just use normal types like steel or bonemold. The only reason to use one armor over the other in vanilla is because it has bigger numbers and that's boring because it means all builds will converge on the same three sets of armor no matter what.

Oh that's awesome. Looking forward to it.
You including Tamriel rebuilt or nah?

No but it's strongly recommended and all of my gameplay changes include TR items (and eventually the other PT provinces). The one kind of mod I don't want to have in it are gigantic mods that are actively maintained which would be all of the PT projects like TR and whenever Londonrook gets around to releasing it, Project Outlander.

The only reason it isn't an explicit requirement is because I decided to make it modular.

And thus only total retards are going to use it. What kind of sense does it make that armor, which is supposed to prevent you from losing health, causes you to lose health? You're just throwing huge benefits and detriments onto things, assuming they just balance each other out, without actually thinking about the design of it. Part of Morrowind's appeal is that there's flexibility in how you play your character, yet you seem to be trying to make builds strictly defined things that you need to plan out in advance like its some retarded Diablo clone.

What did they think it would be?

Cool.

That's why all this shit is optional, these changes aren't for everyone, they're for me and anyone who has the same strange taste in games as me. I mostly play cuhrayzee action games, roguelikes, and anything that's fun to speedrun so my changes are all made to make that kind of playstyle more interesting. I'm just going out of my way to make all of them not only optional in terms of being able to disable the mods but also because you don't have to use the items it adds. Also the installation steps warn the user about these changes and how to easily turn them off.

To you, that doesn't appeal to me at all and it's perfectly okay that we like the game for different reasons, that's what mods are for.

Morrowind's gameplay is garbage and the only reason the game is fun is because of the exploration, quests, world, and the times when the gameplay breaks so hard it becomes fun (see: the jump spell). Vanilla combat cannot be made to be fun because you can quickly get to the point where you are immortal. Vanilla builds can't be fun because they mostly converge on just a couple items. I just enjoy breaking it more for the sake of variety.

>>>/tes/

You made it sound like your modpack was supposed to be Morrowind but better, so I'm sorry for the confusion. Still, I'd hardly call those gameplay changes "mild". Your description here makes it sound like your intention was simply to tweak the game, not completely change up things.

I consider them mild because the weird shit is in the form of optional artifacts, the only major change to core gameplay is fatigue stamina being used quickly and regenerating quickly. All of the gameplay changes are modular too so if you don't like the stamina but like the others you can just enable them instead, same with the items which seem to be way more controversial than I had assumed.

Part of the reason of why my item balance is so extreme is that I 100% hate games like Diablo where items are nothing more than being for making your numbers bigger so you can kill bigger dudes to get more items to get bigger numbers. I've always wanted to play an RPG with this kind of item balance and Morrowind does have it but only partially or through exploiting the alchemy system.

The major fun in Morrowind is exploring around and finding those "optional" artifacts, though. And that doesn't change the fact that you made the best, rarest, most valuable armor in the game so bad that nothing except a gimmick build is going to use it.

The health degen is nothing compared to effectively no enchanting limit (I beefed up the soul values of the Tribunal too). The real downside of it is if you plan to play for a really long time it'll eventually break so you can't be ultra powerful forever.

The health degen is more of a formality, with one constant effect restore health from Vivec/Almalexia/Sotha Sil/Dagoth Ur's soul you could neutralize it even in full Daedric.

I'm thinking of changing it to be even more extreme though, it would put a permanent curse on the player when you pick it up that degens your health but it regens by the same amount when equipped so you'll be fine until it breaks.

I was never excited when I found daedric armor in Morrowind because it was always "well I already have ebony so I guess I get a couple more armor points." It was never a big deal, but if I find a weird niche item that could potentially be used for something crazy that's a lot more exciting even if that crazy situation rarely occurs.

What the fuck man, that shit was rare as fuck and it looked awesome. Finding daedric armor was one of the best things you could stumble upon

I'm not excited by things that are rare and look cool, at least not by much. I want them to have some notable impact on gameplay.

If I was excited by that shit I'd be one of those dota 2 crack addicts that spends hundreds of dollars on shitty rare cosmetics.

Now this is stealth

They should have coded potion making better.
Aside from the obvious exploit, which imo is what makes the game fun after a gorillion hours, the game had problems when they added expansion ingredients.
In the base game they made sure only two ingredients had certain effects (which unfortunately let to requiring diamonds for mana restore, making destruction a shit skill) because of the function they used to make potions.
The algorithm scans the ingredients and for each couple of effects, makes an effect in the potion, so this broke greatly when they added speed+ ingredients in bloodmoon and tribunal, since the game would find 1-2 1-3 and 2-3 making effectively three effects of fortify speed on the same potion.
If you added another ingredient, depending on the order you put your ingredients in, you would either get 5 fortify speed (instead of 6) or the game would simply crash.

are you sure you're not thinking of skywind? I've been following the openmw stuff and they're pretty cool dudes.

lol
pretty fast and loose rule then
the water shaders have nothing to do with vanilla
the distant land everybody wanks themselves to death over has absolutely fucking nothing to do with recreating vanilla
bugs/exploits/glitches get "fixed" for arbitrary bullshit reasons, because obviously bethesda didn't intend it to work that way!
and these fuckers on the team are stubborn as fuck
forum is a ghosttown
I have no idea what they're thinking

they can't follow their own rules and they're too stubborn to play the PR game
fuck 'em

You cant be a spy if everyone knows what factions you belong to

wait, who are you?
you seem to be doing god's work

if they would want to recreate vanilla they would recreate the bugs/exploits/glitches, and not arbitrarily decide on an individual basis whether something gets fixed or not

an autiste with too much time on his hands

can appreciate that
you're not Knots though, are you?

Who is that?

Knots the Inane
a pretty based namefag from the cuckchan days who would always post in morrowind threads
seemed quite knowledgeable when it came to morrowind
I think he made some pretty good collections of mods as well, though those are probably a bit outdated now

Nobody cares, you autist.

Yeah, they should keep it that unarmored doesn't work if you aren't wearing any armor. They should keep it that ground textures create visible seams in certain situations.

Who the fuck cares about PR? Are you that fucker who encouraged them to lie about the state of the engine to invigorate interest?

The only person I know from old Morrowind threads is Trainwiz.

The problem is still that you seem to have randomly added bad stuff to Daedric armour without considering the implications. Wouldn't it be better to let Daedric armour drain the players health to repair itself? This implies that the armour is living and considers itself more important than you and makes you vulnerable to damage armour attacks.
Or how about occasional "demonic possesion" debuffs where you can suddenly get stuck by debuffs which last until you complete some sort of task like killing something or causing havok of some kind and generally obey the will of a demonic entity. You could make the player vulnerable to holy places when they wear the daedric equipment. Or an idea from Fallout 3 where there was a power armour which would deliberately alert enemies to your position so it could force you into combat.
The big problem is still this: You're trying to make players lose health for wearing armour which is supposed to stop exactly that or for having the armour in their inventory, you may be going a little overboard.

lie?
a version number is always arbitrary you fucking numpty

what's with all the retards in this thread not getting how OpenMW was supposed to be a literal recreation of vanilla, bugs and all?
fixing a drain Int bug and adding distant lands has nothing to do with recreating vanilla

I don't care about PR
I care about OpenMW fucking getting somewhere
I care about more people caring to do fucking work on it
right now nobody cares, or is aware, and those that do care and are aware get cockblocked by the OMW team

That would mean spending time to code in mistakes.
You're retarded.

What's even better is that if you talk to him, he will say that you shouldn't be seen talking with him because it might blow his cover.

Is there any viable way to make hand to hand stronger? I feel like even with 200 in hand to hand it wont matter compared to a daedra weapon.

is there also a way to make werewolf form stronger? Does havin sharper claws give extra damage?

Can I somehow regenerate mana by harming myself with magic and using spell absorption?

Oh, is that why most vanilla bugs are in OMW by design now, but a precious few got "fixed" for whatever reason?
Do you even know what you're talking about?

Like which ones, faggot?

The armor makes you take less damage from attacks, which it does. It also allows you to enchant it and become super powerful. I don't see what's wrong with this because what you're trading here is a constant loss of health in exchange for taking much less damage when you actually get hit, so the armor would be used to become near immortal to everything except time.

I think I'll go with the curse option though since it would be a lot more immediately tempting and bad in the long run which is what daedric power is all about.

Bipedal robots with Dwemer-style faces. Most of the mods came about with cobbled together vanilla assets.

Except it never was. By that definition, it should also run with the same framerate because that's how vanilla behaves. OpenMW was always meant to be an engine that recreated Morrowind, but fixed erroneous behavior and made it take advantage of modern hardware. 1.0 was always going to be all vanilla features and all vanilla bugs fixed, with further versions being extra features such as distant land and shader support. Naming it version 1.0 implies it's complete, which is the exact reason you want them to do it, because you know that implication would draw in people. It's intentional dishonesty. You're just an arrogant retard who doesn't understand what the project is about, lacks moral values, and thinks he knows best about a project he hasn't even contributed to.

You're part of the open morrowind people aren't you?

By making the curse a constant loss of health, you guarantee that a player will put constant health gain on their enchant list, wasn't unlimited enchanting part of the appeal of daedric? What you've done is shoehorn one of your players "unlimited enchantments" into health regen for the sake of balance which makes the game less interesting. With my ideas, at least the player will have to come up with bette solutions than "Golden saint soul to constant health" and have the best items in the game instantly. You say that you want players to reconsider using Daedric but in the next sentence say that the epic curse can actually be completely negated in a completely uninteresting way.

Read what I wrote again, the Daedric armor heals you when its equipped so the player won't need to worry about the health degen until it breaks or they take it off.

Why the fuck do we have these water shaders and distant land when the project has quite a ways to go until 1.0?
If the team aren't following their own rules, why would it be "immoral" to suggest they just call an upcoming version "1.0" arbitrarily? They're obviously okay with breaking their own rules whenever they feel like it.

If its broken then why does the emchantment harm you

Because someone wanted to work on them. This is an open source project, if you want to implement post-1.0 features you are free to do so as long as they don't conflict with Zini's post 1.0 dehardcoding plan.

It's not an enchantment, it's a curse that gets added to the player and never removed.

If I was, I wouldn't be heavily criticizing a modder like you. I've just been following it for a good long while.

Because someone found the time to do it? OpenMW development isn't done by a set team. Anyone with the skill can contribute what they want to it, because it's open source and development is open to the community.

Whoops, got IDs mixed up. My point still stands, though.

More like triggered beyond belief.

Fucking Scrawl himself worked on them instead of working on whatever else he could have worked on for upcoming releases

You also have to remember, this engine isn't intended for just Morrowind. It's being made as an engine anyone can use to make their own games. It would be foolish to leave in engine bugs.

You've still given players a way to negate something that should have more of an effect. The dagger that spawns Daedra was more interesting, why not something similar but with Nine Divine Templars who hunt down heretics or an inability to ever use altars again or anything holy related. Just something more clever than a health degen.

Are you retarded?

Why are you defending this retarded-ass team?

So? He worked on them because he wanted to, it's not like getting it to 1.0 as fast as possible is his job, he does it for free.

That's a pretty good idea too, I'll see about not being able to use holy things but I definitely want some kind of very notable long term penalty that is tied to the daedra rather than templars since the daedra are the ones who fuck you over in the end. Let me know if you think of anything like that.

Why are you so autistic?

They've already decided to have original-like shader in, but they haven't implemented it yet.

Gothic blows it the fuck out in the gameplay department, and honestly, so does skyrim.

Morrowind's gameplay is radioactive-waste tier but even it isn't as bad as Shitrim in terms of gameplay.

They are "extra features". The claim was "someone found the time to do it". It wasn't just "someone". It was Scrawl. Where would he find the time to do that stuff? That implies he worked on it outside of working on other things, yet distant lands is the only thing he came up with after his leave of absence. Team are breaking their own rules. At least just be honest about it.

If you want to put in the effort, here's a few curse ideas.
Daedric Helm: Occasionally curses you to see all creatures as monsters, curse can also flip and let you see all creatures as friendly npcs. Curse lifts itself at random times making you unable to tell difference between the three states.
Alternatively, just make it spawn illusionary bad guys, the point is to fuck with the players perception. Have random explosions go off that don't do anything, that sort of shit.
Daedric weapon: Weapon does amazing damage until it needs a recharge, it recharges by your pc killing someone with full reputation towards the pc with the gimped weapon.
Or make it a bloodlust curse that automatically taunts anyone you talk to, which means the more you talk to any npc, the higher the chance that they randomly start fighting you.
The theme here is that each Daedric equip makes you act more demonic in some way. More paranoid, more violent, more deceitful.

Did you like Saya no Uta user?

I don't pay attention to weebshit.

Dont throw around terms you dont understand, faggot

The first one is cool as shit but impossible to do without dehardcoded scripting, second one would be neat for a bit but would soon get predictable.
Figuring out target info of someone you kill requires a MWSE function, neat idea though.

Morrowind scripting is unfortunately pretty awful, there aren't a lot of interesting things you can do until post 1.0 dehardcoding and Lua sandboxing.

I was thinking of making some other artifacts modify your faction relations like how the Boots of the Crusader in Oblivion make animals not hostile to you, I could do the opposite with Daedric, not sure which I should make hostile though.

It has Japanese words, therefore it's for weebs.

The illusions shouldn't be constant, just enough to screw with the player. Like once an hour.
It would make an illusionary cliffracer sounds while in the open. It would make an illusionary guard appear mid crime or while sneaking in general. You want the illusions to be the sort of things that scare players normally.
As for which faction to make hostile? Most of them, sort of like Vampires. That's the sort of balance I was aiming for.

Morrowind kills Skyrim in visual design variety, soundscape, quest design, lore and all, but the gameplay is worse than Skyrim top to bottom, especially once you add mods to the mix. The stealth in skyrim is competent, the ranged combat is decent, the spells (modded) are great and feel great, and the melee combat is serviceable.

You make skyrim sound like its not a borin piece of shit with how slow the gameplay is, how. To say morrowind has the worst gameplay when you can run fast as fuck, jump over mountains and being a walkin explosion while also capable of actually summoning an army of skeletons makes me wonder what kinda morrowind you actually played. I understand some aspects of morrowind bein awful with combat, but Skyrim is a joke in terms of nearly everything for what it was, even for the year it was made in. The combat was slow, the magic spells were simple and boring and lacked creative fun, same goes for enchanting. If anything with how you kill shit in skyrim with melee, its still the same exacty fuckin gameplay as morrowind but you don't miss.

This is coming from someone that just got into morrowind 2 weeks ago.

Oh it's definitely boring, but that more comes down to the shit-tier world and quest design. It doesn't matter how polished your combat is if the rest of your game is trash. I agree that you can break Morrowind in far more fun and exciting ways that Skyrim, but that's really all the fun there is to have in the gameplay department.
Sheeeit, you missed the awful fuckfest that was the OG Xbox version. As your save file grew, your load times increased, and you would very quickly reach 5+ minute load times and it was also one of the only Xbox games that routinely crashed.

I still dumped hundreds of hours into it though

I agree about Skyrim's stealth but the magic is boring as shit. Where's my fortify attribute spells? Where's my jump spell? Where's levitation? The only thing Skyrim magic got right was the audiovisuals and to some extent necromancy.

Do let me know which mod fixes this magic and melee combat though, I intend to give the game another shot whenever the special edition gets SKSESE

When it comes to skyrim, I cant find myself being able to kite and run around freely without it feeling awkward and stupid, not to mention its best to just spam power attacks when dual wielding, so no point kiting with melee. Also everything is just slow, I can't enjoy it.

With morrowind you got daggers that can attack so incredibly fast, or enchantment spells that just shoot so damn fast you can make a fireball machinegun. You got spears that acutally help you kite and keep your distance while you run away and jump around quickly.

Being able to bunny hop and run around left and right just to hit stun and keep my distance to avoid dying instantly in some of the expansion areas was one of the best things, especially against a group of werewolves where I had to actually jump backwards incredibly fast whilst pokin and kiting everything and hoping to fuck I can paralyze em.

I just dont see how skyrim can be better in anyway shape or form compared to morrowind other than being visually pleasing, which is barely pleasing without mods.

Grab Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim, Wintermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim and Ordinator Perks (all made by the same guy and synergize extremely well together). That was the most fun and powerful feeling magic experience I've had since playing a min-maxed 10-200 Sorcerer in Dragon's Dogma.

I've only given it two playthroughs (one stealth, one magic) so I can't tell you what mods make melee combat more exciting, but the above are great for stealth as well.

I totally get where you're coming from. All of that variety means you can dump countless playthroughs in Morrowind and have each one feel different, while you've got three tops for Skyrim, and in my opinion the world just isn't interesting enough to come back more than 2-3 times. I'm just a sucker for highly polished combat, and since ~60% of the gameplay is combat, I still have to give Skyrim the nod for overall better gameplay, variety be damned.

You are a typical mod, you think your cool ideas on balance will make them game better but actually your just fagging shit up.

Well I enjoy my changes so far and that's all that matters, I'm not making this mod for you. If you don't like that component of it then don't use it, not everyone has the same taste and that's totally fine.

How would you change alchemy to make it more balanced?

Items turn into components with effects instead. Being able to refine bread and cheese into an infinite stamina potion is silly. You still get the same result but with an intermediate step

Obviously you need to tweak numbers still, and avoid infinitely scaling potions.

Making poisons would be nice, like Oblivion did.

Maybe some kind of craftable bomb from powders that gives you a spammable arc thrown projectile

It's simple: make the alchemy screen not pause the game. You can still exploit intelligence fortifying but it won't completely break the game.

However this requires OpenMW to be dehardcoded and I don't think I want to nerf alchemy in any other way (like removing fortify intelligence). Its a fun bug it just needs to not be so absurdly overpowered and easy to do that you should do it on every character.

I did lower the gold value of custom potions somewhat though because even without exploiting intelligence they're worth too much.

Now THIS is autism.

And to clarify the reasoning here, if the window doesn't pause the game then your fortify intelligence buffs will wear off over time so the speed at which you can make potions determines how powerful you can make them through fortify intelligence.

Well that doesn't matter since you can always get the ingredients you need from restocking vendors, the difference is negligible at best.

It isn't negligible, the maximum intelligence you can have (and therefore the maximum potion magnitude) is based on how quickly you can make the potions. If you could make them infinitely quickly then it'd be the same as vanilla but a human being would reach a limit of how many fortify intelligence effects they can have at once.

Can we bitch about Skywind now?

We can always bitch about Skywind but it's widely hated here anyways, have you discovered a new reason to shit on that dumpster fire?

I've been hearing a lot of shit about Skywind. I remember looking at it years ago and it had a ton of potential and was pretty hype for it. What the fuck happened that caused it to become such a shitshow? Was it even ever finished?

If you want to play broken as fuck vanilla then play broken as fuck vanilla.

It was never going to work
"Let's port maps designed for exploration with magic powers into a game where you can't fly or jump."
Can't see any way that can fail.

The skyrim modding community.

It was doomed from the start, everyone working on it is an artist and they all refuse to optimize their shit so in all the demos they've shown they made interior cells that look like exterior cells to "build hype for the project"

They're doing full voice acting which is both going to be impossible to finish and shit (based on what they've shown so far). There's no minimum level of quality they need from voice actors because they're so desperate to get it all done.

And lastly the Skyrim engine doesn't support some crucial things from Morrowind like spellmaking, attributes, levitation, mark/recall, etc.

When and where are you releasing said modpack, user?

Probably within a week
I'll do a v0 on here, the MMC discord, and openmw forums, and after testing I'll release v1 on the nexus and link to it here as well.

Oh and the v0/v1 won't be that complete, I'm omitting quest and house mods for the first version and most texture replacers until someone comes along and makes textures that aren't shit so never

So, what's up with Tamriel Rebuilt? It's been what, 6 months since the last update?

hey faggots i need to know what mods are essential so i can play this and finally see what the fuss is about

Except Skyrim is using the same shitty engine as Morrowind.

It's using a modified version with more and less features, less being the ones I listed and more being stuff like physics.

Morrowind runs like ass but has good gameplay mechanics. Skyrim runs well but has awful gameplay mechanics. Bethesda always fucks up in some regard.

Solstheim rumor fix and delayed dark brotherhood attack. Rumor fix fixes the problem the expansion introduced where if you asked for rumors NPCs always start talking about the quest to the new expansion instead of one of the many other quest starting rumors. Delayed dark brotherhood fixes another thing one of the expansions added which is a hostile NPC appearing next to you when you try to rest, this NPC could be pretty hard to kill for first timers and they drop loot that is worth way too much money.

What makes you think that?

Checked!

It scratches my autism when it comes to min maxing or abusing different systems for my benefit. Skyrim is just extremely limited in that.

Didn't it just update with new stuff for cyrodiil, and skyrim, or are you referring to mainland morrowind?

"Better than Skyrim" != good

shit is better than radioactive waste but it still isn't good

I'm referring to the mainland, I'm waiting for Mournhold since forever. Also I think the Cyrodiil team is separated from the main one.

I did a little preliminary stuff out of boredom for them years ago for the Skyblivion project. Taking a stroll through the Skywind forums while I was there made me drop and run ASAP as soon as my work was done.

It's feature creep out the ass over there. Everyone was an ideas guy, even those who were doing the heavy lifting of creating new models and textures. They just kept piling work upon work onto themselves even though they were a small team. If someone left, they'd just go "eh… just give it to the next guy to come along so he can finish it." 90% registered on the project site are probably onlookers who were led over there by the usual mod commentator e-celebs like Gopher. Any modder who could carry the team was better off working on their own shit so they've steered clear.

Anyone remember Luftahraan? A huge city mod for Skyrim that was being hyped up for years with live development Twitch sessions and everything only to have it suddenly collapse after one of the lead devs got tired and left after realizing he wasted about 4 years on something he expected would be done in less than 2? Skyrim brought a lot of the wrong crowd to the modding scene whose egos would be propped up by Reddit, YouTube, and the like as the mods stagnated behind the scenes because of poor management. I wouldn't be surprised if the same were to suddenly happen to Skywind. "Who could've seen it coming?" people would say. The signs are already there.

If TES6 gets announced before Skywind is released, which is starting to look more and more likely, then I expect a lot of the modders to abandon ship leaving only a skeleton crew to work on it. Something like that happened to Morroblivion if I remember right when Skyrim was released.

I laugh whenever a major video is released showcasing some nice losing models that causes the hype to explode only for it to go away several months of no release in sight.

I'm very lenient about voice acting. Having done some work for major mods in the past, getting good voice actors, especially those who do it For Free, is a feat of its own. Granted, there are some amazing actors out there if you can find them, but considering there's little if any money changing hands among development and there are a hefty amount of unique voices needed for the NPCs, the talent pool isn't as big as it for a professional game.

The issue isn't low quality voice acting, it's that they're actually doing it in the first place. Morrowind's dialogue system isn't perfect but it isn't something that can be voice acted. Say what you want about generic responses but it makes the random NPCs a lot more helpful when you have something like a quest that tells you to find someone and you can ask random people where that person/place is, it makes sense.

Yes it's all being made by separate teams who work on different provinces. I heard they were going to redo the stuff they have already made because the stuff already made is not up to their standards. The translation is they have gone batshit insane, and will never ever finish anything else.

That happens so often it's almost a given for any large mod project.

It's more than that user, when you don't have voice acting, and use simple text it can be easily changed. Changing dialogue for voices is extremely laborious.

They should just use a text to speech program and make every NPC sound like moonman

That's true as well, despite some specific issues one of the best Morrowind mods is LGNPC because it goes in and makes the random generic npcs into actual characters.

Don't forget paid mods.

what the literal fuck

Paid mods just showed how bad the community had gotten.

What's wrong with this? It just makes fortify intelligence not a shittier version of fortify magicka. You use fortify intelligence if you want to increase your maximum more but have the capability of refilling the magicka quickly, and you use fortify magicka as temporary magicka.

I think you probably misinterpreted what I said, intelligence still increases your maximum magicka just not your current magicka.

What are you smoking mate?

It's not shittier, it's a lot cheaper to cast now so if you want to use a potion and wait for it to refill your new maximum magicka before casting it is the better option.

I just don't like having useless magic effects.

Fun fact, in OpenMW it used to do that, rendering the actual Fortify Magicka effect worthless because Fortify Int had the same base cost and scales with your multiplier. It was really insane for stacking huge amounts of Int and Willpower onto yourself for casting legendary spells with a simple enchanted Fortify Int item to start the chain, or just doing the Oblivion thing of making infinitely castable spells. But I think they've changed it to the vanilla behaviour of just increasing the maximum, and having the current pool "scale" to the new maximum.

I'm not sure what you are getting out. Fortifying intelligence is more powerful than fortify magicka, because the game reads fortify intelligence differently. Lets say you fortify by 50 intelligence to get 150 magic assuming 100 intelligence, and no birth signs that modify it. The game reads it as 150/150. Fortify magic by 50 points in the same scenario you get 150/100 which means until you use at least 50 magicka you can't restore it. Fortify magicka, health, and fatigue once boosted can't be restored even if the effect is still active.

Unless you're playing with a magicka regen that likely won't matter, being able to restore it after you use it is the only advantage it has over fortify magicka and meanwhile if you fortify int with low magicka it retains the % of how full your magicka is. In 99% of situations its the same but worse so I'm making it a lot worse in all situations but way cheaper.

I don't see what's wrong with the way I changed it, if you don't want it to be different than vanilla then don't use it.

Why not just make fortify magicka read as 100/100 that way it's better to use if you don't want to fortify your intelligence to 18 million.

I don't understand this sentence, try rephrasing it.

Make it so fortifying magicka works like 150/150 instead of 150/100. That would make it for all intents, and purposes comparable to fortify intelligence when magicka reserves are concerned without nerfing fortify intelligence in anyway.

Why would I want that? Then you have a redundant magic effect so it might as well not exist. I'd rather have two distinct magic effects so you have to choose between them rather than just making the same one twice.

It wouldn't be the same because intelligence as an attribute governs skills like alchemy. For example my restore 3k magicka every second is useless unless I use fortify intelligence.

Just procrastinating from installing open morrowind again. Guess my intelligence.

I'd be very grateful with a properly curated modpack to make life easier. Lots of old mods have vanished over the years, not all of them backed up on the morrowind history site, for example.

morrowind is singleplayer everquest