Shoes in vidya

Remaking the shoe thread. Post shoes that are cool or have a function in the game, like bayonetta's guns or cyberlegs.

Ha stinky ha feet haha

Wew, I counldn't take the absence of this thread
Would you call snake's shoes boots?
what are they?

Dude I wanna fuck snake

Really?
He's not that hot

you're a hero, user

Is there any game that has shoes like JSR but used for fighting?

The boots from Zelda.
I do like how the Iron Boots got more use since the Wind Waker. I wish more Zelda games did that, take an old item and add more functionality to it. Twilight Princess had a lot of problems, but expanding on the iron boots and adding a second hookshot were really good additions.
Shame that sort of thing wasn't in Breath of the Wild.

Really? You'd think that would be an important part, seeing as you dress up link all the time.

Reposting wing diver's shoes because the thread was genuinely okay and I had to actually play video games to get that angle.

I prefer Sonic's Shoes from Adventure to his modern design. His Unleashed design is just bad, and is too western.

pure genius

Don't start user, I legitimately wanna have this thread. I'll admit the other thread was deleted for good reason.

I think we might have to wait until the next zelda to get the staples of all the different items come back into this new zelda formula.

If they had tried to cram everything into BOTW and tried to also make it open world it would've ended up as a bloated unfocused mess.

This is the power of an assmad autistic child.

are you a little retarded, user?
a thread about shoes in games can be deleted for that reason?

The items in Zelda are made for puzzle solving in and out of dungeons, and Breath of the Wild has some very poor dungeons. They replaced items with runes, and you get all of them after the first 2 hours.
I like how some of them are used, and it was nice to just take pictures of nice things with the camera, but there was a pretty hollow feeling just seeing that there was no other abilities.

I don't think this Zelda formula can even accommodate these items. Not unless Nintenny is okay with retards getting assmad that they don't have the correct item to complete a dungeon and need to travel the entire map to get one.

Honestly I'm loving the salt he's gathering.

It really is hypocrisy that people can support the fap-bank waifu thread because "muh tangential relation to vidya," but get their panties in a bunch when some idiot wants to talk about video game shoes.

I swear to god user, just fuck off.

I could see it working with a more choice based progression.
As in, the way to complete something without the item is either harder or longer.

Or they could just go back to the renting thing.

Stop shaking in your boots you faggot.
This thread has every right to be here.

this tbh and the fact of the matter that the mods want to ban ritsu from 4am threads so instead they just went after avatarfags in general with "rule 8", just fucking perma his ass and be done with it

They look a bit like one model of spetnaz boots, look at russian surplus sites.

the matter isn't that simple anymore
they're willfully ignoring 4am now
not to mention that Smokes gets a complete free pass, despite avatarfagging
a simple ban on sight with the known avatarfags would do the trick, but that's work

That'd be really hard to make outside of fights.
I can't think of a way to make a puzzle harder without a piece of the puzzle, because the puzzle will be impossible to complete without the missing piece.
If they were to pull it off, I would like to see it in action though.

I just finished BotW about an hour ago too. I don't think I'm going to go back and replay it anytime soon, whereas I was always excited to wait a while before going back to replay any other Zelda just after playing.

no it doesn't, ritus just tripfags using generic /a/ reaction imagines

I like it when plate armor boots clatter as you run/walk, there was also a spacemen server that had the secruity forces jackboots make pretty heavy thumps compared to your average shoe as they ran, the clattering is the only thing bethesda did right in the new trash.

At least I see the waifufags discussing video games past the first dozen posts. The "muh tangential relation to vidya" loses its touch if the thread is a poor veil for a meta thread.

I am aware.
And there is a handful of other avatarfags around him who should leave with him back to wherever the fuck they came from.

Well hey, at least nintendo has something to think about when designing the next one rather than just copying the formula and doing it again.

Also not wanting to replay it is understandable, it's not really your standard zelda.

Gee, I wonder whose fault that is user?

Shoes so good, you don't even need legs to wear em

What games even do this?
i know MGSV does it for the big anti explosion armor

nice try ritsu, but you will get the rope too

The avatarfags'

nah they're not replying to every little thing inorder to keep the thread bumped and pretending to be friends with people inorder to manipulate people into buying him things

What's even funnier is that they have their own unlisted irc that's an extension of the circlejerk, and they refuse to use the board because 'someone that isn't neck deep in the circlejerk used to post there'.

Dark Souls does it, though I don't remember if it's just the leg wear that affects it or your entire outfit. If you're wearing not much your character is practically silent but if you've got plate on you can hear it clink about.

because they want to be here, just like waifu fags

you've never seen spider or homoko then
except they wanted to fuck you in the ass

that's proof right there you don't know what you're talking about

A boss in Seven Samurai 20XX uses sharp skates to kick you while going fast, he is weak though.

Please don't talk about this here, this isn't a meta thread

I used to post in the threads fairly regularly. Literally the only reasons they refuse to use the board is because 'it's dead' and 'that one faggot posted there and because Ritsu refuses to go there, we refuse to go there'
Clearly you never participated in the threads because Homoko was a bottom, and Spider is just a massive faggot that wanted to fuck kids.

Why would you want to talk about shoes?

alright

yeah, sorry about that

Shoes are a central part of video games
Making a run sound good is essential in making the character feel right to control

shoes in video games, user
Why would you want to talk about guns in video games?
Why would you want to talk about physics in video games?
Come on, now.

The footstep sound is probably the only thing in FO4 I can point to and say was a net improvement, only because the sounds of power armour in 3 and New Vegas were fucking nothing. Probably shared footstep sound with other the other armour.

yeah you're pretty much a retard, are you aware not only homoko doesn't post anymore but spider doesn't avatarfag?

this is what you get for only using the discord you know

Sound design for movement isn't nearly as important as responsiveness and fluidity in the animations. It's helpful to have it sound nice, but if the character movement is horrifically shit, good footstep sounds wont fix it.

Character design can only help so much.

Character controls are composed by a variety of different things. I'm not gonna say that sound is the most important thing of course, but it's up there, possibly after animation fluidity.

I am aware that homoko is gone. I was talking about the faggotry of the threads as they were back then.
And spider is still pseudo avatarfagging now and then ever since mods tore him a new asshole.

I'd rather off myself before stepping foot into there.

To at least contribute to the thread again, how influential can shoes be in let's say action games?
There's always stuff like the "walk on lava" stuff, which is mainly for progression and technically adds nothing to the gameplay.
What are some shoe gimmicks done right?

Banjo Kazooie had some neat shoe power ups. Walking through swamps and up walls and shit.

you're holding onto how they were instead of looking at how they are now, which is why I called you a retard because that's a retarded thing to do but regardless you should off your self anyways

Oh I am sorry, I'll make sure to put on a nice persona ala DMX, or smokes, or Yoza user, or the dino crisis christcuck, or Plank, or feels user. I could go on here, but I hope to god you get the idea how dumb you sound right now thinking they have changed in any regard other than most actual anons were driven out.

this thread reeks of foot fetishautism

Shoes in vidya are
I would say that shoes are a more interesting topic for discussion than armors, and nobody shitted on armor threads.

this post reeks of "I didn't read the thread"

Character design can make and break the game, just as the design and usability of equipment.

wew you're literally that retarded oh but wait, you're only naming some go ahead and try again to get them all this time, I'm sure some of them will be relevant and allow you to keep your point

All I know is that if a character feels like shit to control I can't really enjoy the game. Competent sound design adds to muh immersion and makes the game better, but I'd be willing to give up things most wouldn't without it being pointed out for the underlying game keep me interested. Which is my major problem with Dark Souls 2, even if the sound design for the game seems to be alright.

It's because shoes are a specific part of the character design and having it be 'armor' means you can have more discussion which goes into more directions, as branching off of shoes requires you to go up a level before going down a level.

I just put more value in how the game handles over how the game looks.

That's already a hand full, but let's dismiss them because it would break your delusion.
So which one of them are you? Judging from how you type you just might be Yui. And here I thought he killed himself because Ritsu wouldn't recognise him.

Aren't shoes just a subset of outfits though?

It still helps.
The medium's called "video games", you can't just entirely ignore the "video" part and expect unqualified success.

there's a 4am discord now?

Someone is ruining the good name of Dino Crisis?

As already mentioned ITT they can also be a subset of, let's say a weapon.
They can be a gimmick for story progression.
There's plenty more to them than meets the eye.

Not vidya shoes but I need them.

It's about time for another gay bar 2A false flag.

Nigga, he's the epitome of hotness.

Arguably, responsiveness is the closest to 'video' while everything else is just additions that make the 'game' good or bad.

There's 2 that I know of (I think one is dead though), a cytube, the irc, and the board (which is dead). What's even funnier is that the discord is an extension of the irc and the cytube has no overlap with the irc because one autist in the irc sperged out and convinced everyone in the irc to not go to the cytube.

Why? You gonna cosplay notimportant?

Listen I can understand finding Kurt Russel hot, but Snake doesn't have a hot face

He would avatarfag as the female protag, and then he'd try to weasel around it by posting just dinos instead.

Maybe he wants to wear them to E3 :^)

His name is Notim Portant

Nothin personnel kid

asides from dmx and smokes everyone you mentioned isn't posting, not avatarfaging anymore or left the threads entirely but o.k sure they're relevant if you say so it must be so right because you sure have such a massive update knowledge in how the threads are, you know with how you're still thinking homoko is an issue and all, do go on about this delusion though

I think there's two as well as a irc and a board also afew cytubes, the irc is another ritus hug box though one discord was made by red user and the other is currently owned by shizu

he's a christfag actually trying to purge the homosex in the thread but ya'know he used to avatarfag so he's clearly cancer right like says

oh you are fucking with me, nigger
I have a shit ton of archives to prove you wrong
yoza was all over the thread this week alone

are you really this retarded?
I said homoko used to be an issue and so was belrose and they're gone
Belrose was "report on sight" and rightfully so and that's how it should be now
go fuck yourself

Again, it's "video games", not just "games".
How hard is this to get?
A video game with a neglected visual element, while not as much of a slog to play through as a game with a neglected game element, is not as fun as the same game with a level of visual polish.
Further, caring enough to polish up the visuals generally comes hand-in-hand with caring enough to make a game that's not a chore to play through.

I value mechanical polish over visual polish. Visual polish is important yes, but a game that looks great but feels like ass to play is worse to me than a game that feels great to play but looks like ass.

oh you're that autistic kid from the netherlands, how's saving the site going for you from those people you don't like? just to remind everyone in the thread that doesn't know who you are >>>/cow/234108

Hello Tor, are you still butt buddies with Joey?

user don't you know, the only important things in a game is mechanics
Just like the most important thing in a movie is the camera that's shooting the film!

Here's a question: Is it better to have shoes be in their own armour category, or be included with leg armour?

You fuckers really need to bounce. It's pathetic at this point.

alright then
the tulpa nigger? probably not, he would actually post through tor all the time
are you one of spider's butt buddies then?
it would explain a lot to be honest

I'd prefer more options and more custimization, personally.
Just putting them together with leg armor is kind of wasted potential.

so you are his butt buddy?
are you one of the underage ones he tried to fuck?

tell me about it

did you know that you're a fucking disgrace flint?

I'd love for it to be separate because it allows for more ways to minmax/focus on fashion, but I'd rather have individual legs/individual arms/chest/head.

You seem really upset. Did you get made fun of one to many times by him?

calling me names won't get you anywhere here
you can try and dodge the issue since you got nothing to your talk
I just don't see how you can say the shit you spout and think you're in the right when you still visit the threads apparently

hey I'm not the one who took a shit on a box then laid on it like some kinda animal flint

Oh, do you mean for each limb? Like right leg and left leg?
I think I've only seen Morrowind do that. Then in Oblivion they reduced it to just being gauntlets, chest, helmet, legs and boots. Then in Skyrim they bundled boots into legs. I can't wait to see what they remove from the next game.

Reminds me of the first time I used omegle.
It was some dude making a piss soup inside a trailer house in the middle of a desert.

Speaking of that, why don't more armor systems let you be asymmetrical?

I always love the warp shoes in Grandia 2 because they actually let the character teleport across the battlefield. Even when shoes with much better stats come up, the warp shoes are faster since the character doesn't have to run around the others to reach the enemy.

That's a fun idea.
Those would be fun in an action game where you port around like Nightcrawler or Deadpool.

I imagine that you could teleport enemies somewhere else with a kick, that'd be ballin.

I can understand reducing things down, but it gets to the point where all customization is stripped out of a game that's supposed to have 'endless customization'.

Then you're not trying very hard because many agree gunplay was improved, albeit at the cost of nearly all RPG aspects.

too many modelers and artists design "sets" rather then separate cloths tbh

It was improved from Fallout 3, which isn't saying much.

it seems we didn't really get far
so would you prefer shoes as simple equipment with possible stats increases or would you like them to serve another purpose, like granting you new abilities or moves?

Depends entirely on the game. Messing the two together can lead to pretty bad results.
Like having a lava area where you have to wear certain shoes, but they have a terrible armour rating would just be annoying.
Having boots as an item with special properties and no defense affects works well within Zelda. BotW has some of it with the snow and sand boots, which have a really low armour rating and can't be upgraded, which fucking sucks.

I guess it would depend on the game.
One might count it as artificial difficulty.

So they're just tools in this case. Simple means of progression you will never so much as look at once you're through the area?

Well no, since there is a lot of sand and snow in the game. And they also take up the leg armour slot.

So they're forced on you instead. That's pretty gay if you can't upgrade them.

Now that's bad game design.

Unreal's jump boots are cool.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nobody's posted some of the most important vidya shoes in history yet. They're right up there with Sonic's.

Hate me if you want, but Lucio in Overwatch.

It's like saying cancer is an improvement over AIDS.

What's the least sensible footwear you've seen in vidya?

depends what you mean with sensible

Phantasy Star Online 2

Not ridiculous?

that's tough
I'd say bayonetta's shoes when she has Kilgore equipped

as for just shoes, I'm kind of drawing a blank right now