Shoes Wednesday

Since Waifu Threads are allowed, I will from now on be making a weekly thread about shoes in video games.
It's video games related after all, so it's totally fine.

I can`t fap to a shoe, downvoted

I remember always wanting a pair of soap shoes but couldn't find them at all. Cool concept and sadly they've never been seen in the series again.

Agreed, this thread should be about feet in video games instead.

Fine by me.

Do you think Tails feet get sweaty when he wears someone else's shoes just wondering haha

is this the undertale general?

I wanna suck his toes and I'm cumming deep inside his boyfuck pussycavern

make one yourself then

this thread is for shoes

Checkity checked

The digits have spoken
Shame about but oh well

Shoes can be more than just shoes.
Are devs getting more lazy and uncreative?

What action games have different shoe options?
Bonus points if the shoes give you different bonuses.
DMD mode: changing shoes gives you new moves/changes your moveset

Your loss, man.

Not quite the same, but changing the guns on your shoes in Bayonetta can change your moveset.

Custom Robo games generally let you change your robot's legs, including the feet.

Many games let you change shoes that increase your stats or grant you passive abilites like "fire resistance"

Why not.

where are those from?

a e s t h e t h i c c

Do ARPGs like Torchlight 2 count?

Platformers would be better with platform heels.

EDF's wing diver. You hardly see them ingame due to how the camera works, I had to play with the angles a bit.

did edf have any custimization options or could you only pick characters and their weapons?

I'd wear Bayonetta's shoes. I'm a guy by the way.

Only the colors of your armor. EDF 5 is gonna have skins though.

I would too, who the fuck doesn't want guns on their feet?

That's so fucking autistic, it's kind of sad. Here, have some boots instead.

This thread has been better than the waifu threas ever are.

Be it as is, I actually am interested in discussing shoes in video games.
They're usually brushed off as mere stat increasing accessories.
Why not give them actual use for more than one stage?

i dont care

btw are we being raided?

bayonetta has iceskate shoes that not only are weapons, but allow her to walk on fire.

t. butthurt waifufag

I'd rather talk about VIDEO GAMES if I'm honest.

exactly, I almost forgot
I think I got them last when I played it, didn't quite find all the pieces of the LP

make a thread

Has it ever struck anyone before, just what kind of fucking shoes is Mario wearing? What the hell do they look like when the overalls aren't covering their tops? Are they round ended clogs? This bothers the hell out of me.

I'm pretty sure they end where the overall cover them

Why the fuck would samus wear high heels inside her space suit?
I mean that can't possibly be comfortable

It's just old man shoes, very common in italy

I've always disliked the Power Sneakers in Sonic games, usually they just run out before doing something important or make some platforming segments impossible.

Gotta look stylish in space, user.

Would you consider them a lazily implemented power up?
Or do they serve their purpose well in all levels they appear in?

Also, could leg enhancement be considered "shoes"? Because that means that E.Y.E. and deus ex have shoes that change gameplay.

They always made me go too fast and I end up killing myself with them.

Kind of, in 2D games I've always expected them to help me get out of segments where it's difficult to build the necessary speed to continue, like a loop or a very high wall you run up, but it's never happened that way. It's usually just the "win more/go faster" power up rather than something helpful, in all Sonic games they appear in.

If I ever get a hand in developing air/jet skates I will make sure some are modeled after those.

I'd say yes if either the foor or the whole leg including the foor it exchanged, like in LBX for example

What kind of gameplay changing effects do they provide in E.Y.E.?

*foot, not foor, jesus

She isn't supposed to and the original design explicitly said no high heels while in Zero Suit. This is nuSamus cancer

I can't believe I forgot about the mantreads and gunboats in TF2.

You go FAST and jump higher, among a few other things.

What are some good running shoes that won't break the bank? I fell off the wagon and gained a bit of weight back, so I'm looking to fix that soon.

I figured as much. Is there any that provide additional features? Maybe in battle?
I'd love to see a game with boots like in Jet Set Radio but used for fighting ala bayonetta.

you're better off asking >>>/fit/ for real shoes
I usually buy the most durable ones I can find so I don't have to spend money every couple months for new ones.

if you're a true man you run with garbage backs with cardboard soles around your feet

Well the mantreads and gunboats can be used in battle. The mantreads make it so landing on an enemy deals 3x the falling damage you would have taken to them, and the gunboats reduce rocket jumping damage. It would be cool if there were shoes that could enable or buff a kick like in DMoMM.

What are those highheels even doing there. They don't fit with the design at all. And they haven't been in any metroid game I'm aware of. What the fuck is their point? If it was like
at least it would have design consistency.

They were made just for Sm4sh so they could include Zero Suit Samus.
I don't think they added the normal heels before knowing they'd put her in smash.
Probably just shit designers at work with too little direction from the game director.

Studios are getting lazier and lazier when it comes to good and coherent design. Hence why I'd like to talk boots. If a team even bothers giving something like boots a proper use and design, the game usually benefits from that and becomes somewhat more memorable in that regard.