Holla Forums (unplanned) Gamenight June 9th - June 10th: Battlegrounds 2

Starts Friday 2PM EDT/7PM GMT

BATTLEGROUNDS 2
Battlegrounds 2 is a free sourcemod that takes place during the American Revolutionary War. The game has multiple classes for the Americans and the British as well as various uniforms and blackpowder weaponry to choose from.

WHAT DO I NEED?
You'll need Source SDK Base 2007 installed on your computer as well as the mod, 2.4 is the current version.
>Direct ZIP: mega.nz/#!WUcGgIDJ!nfqsWQ25GB9uTT9kRtVYTBTaPErguGgHGmMVP_A0keI (Place in your Steam\steamapps\sourcemods folder)
>Installer: mega.nz/#!CBkBCQYa!J1jrdzF2k3QacEcopzSadfxualDtVzko938DORgYymI

GAMEMODES AVAILABLE

SERVER INFO
Name: Club Benguin
No pass but if needed, it will be infv for reference.

Bumping just as a sidenote: You don't need both of the mega links in the OP, only one or the other. The installer is almost the same size as the .7z but is easier to use if you don't know where to install it.

I'll show up for a game fag.

Playing source mods is summer? That's a pretty strange view user.

There's just some guy going through every thread calling everything summer and people won't stop getting upset about it.

Ah, well I fell for that one.
Ever noticed how the most faggot-tier of posters never type properly? No capital letters or full stops, my suspicion is they're mostly underage.

Will there be lots of trees in this game?

Muh nigger.

Depends on the map but considering it's in America it ranges from some trees to a lot of trees. Unless your enemy is standing still you probably won't get hit even when standing in the open due to the nature of smoothbore muskets. You'll still have to worry about the flintlock rifle classes like the Jaegers or the Frontiersmen since they can hit fairly accurately at range but there are only a couple per team, they suck hard in melee and the rifling makes it harder/longer to reload meaning they're screwed if you can poke them with your bayonet.

Nonetheless will be interesting to see the tactics used during the weekend.

The actual fuck? That's not the webm I uploaded!

That's the point though. The tactic has been running with a machinegun at the enemy to kill them. I figure that it will go from that into a massive bayonet charge come the weekend.

Good times

There were roleplayers in Battlegrounds?

As long as i will be able to kill fatistanians im in

Yes you can. Here is your classes available for Great Britain.

Here is the classes available for the Americans.

Both sides are somewhat similar except the Brits having Native Americans to fight with them.

Also, I forgot to mention in OP: C is battle cry, allowing you to scream ==FOR KING AND COUNTRY== or ==GIVE US LIBERTY OR GIVE US DEATH== depending on your team.

It's like you don't want to bankrupt your country and spark a revolution?

I already miss the bolt action shootan from RO

Well I think there's a game on Friday for Mare Nostrum but that's by the Polish community.
Funny you should mention that, all the DH talk during RO event made me think of Resistance and Liberation which is a Half-Life 2 Mod. Basically plays like a far less clunky RO but downside no vehicles

Don't forget cause hundreds of thousands of deaths and an ineffective invasion of Russia.

For King and Country is clearly the superior choice.

As that other user says slavs play every weekend. I don't think this gamenight is the same as the anons who did RO though, didn't they say they were skipping this week and doing Warband next?

Correct. /radcorp/ hosted RO last week and next week Warband which leaves nothing for this week. Might as well still have a gamenight even if no other anons are organizing anything.

Ah, got it.

How do you run this? There is no executable.

Once it's installed restart Steam, it should show up in the game library.

Place in steam sourcemods folder, then restart steam.

WHERE IS THE FUCKING SERVER I DONT SEE IT

shit doesnt work lads

Did you use the direct .zip? I used the installer.

I think we're starting tomorrow or Friday user, OP will know.

(Heil'd)
Cool

Either run the installer and install it to the directory it points at (Steam/steamapps/sourcemods) or extract the zip with the bg2 folder in the same directory as the installer. Restart Steam, check if Battlegrounds 2 2.4 is listed as a game, and if it is then you've installed it. The final step is installing Source 2007 Multiplayer base if you haven't had it installed already, which can be done automatically by booting the game up without it.

Server will start around Friday afternoon in burgerland. It's ~43 hours from now which gives anons plenty of time to download, install and sort out technical issues.

Should be Source 2007 actually. You can find it in the tools section of Steam as an alternative download method.

It's Battlegrounds 2.2.4, not 2.4. They never got to that stage before stopping iirc

It's Battlegrounds 2, version 2.4. They're still working on it despite the dead community.

Double checked this, last update was this March. Seems like they're trying to port the game over to Source 2013 and give it a graphics boost.

Im ready

>this was the UK not even 60 years ago

Installed it from moddb and I have SDK base 2007, just how do I launch this game?

Sounds good, haven't played in years. Hope everyone won't be too busy shitposting E3.

Restart Steam and it should launch like any other Steam game.

Doesn't E3 start on Monday? I thought we were playing this today and/or Friday.

oh, it's because I changed the installation directory

UK less than 30 years ago.

This will be Friday and Saturday, E3's presentations don't start until the 13th.

Any other Britfags seen Sharpe back when it was pretty much eternally on daytime tv?

Amerifat here.

I love Sharpe. Still airs frequently on a few of our channels.

Opinion on Hornblower?

Good to hear user. I suspect episodes are too long for the younger smartphone addicted generation though.

Loved the books, never looked into the rest of the media but I hear it's good too.

Never watched or read it. Is it worth checking out?

It usually shows on the channels that ADDers call "boring" but I tune in when I can. They really are fantastic episodes or minimovies or whatever they're officially called.

Yeah, main character is a Gary Stu, however all the other characters are great.

Yes, best description is probably Sharpe but the Royal Navy (at least for the books).
I've always gone with episodes but maybe tv-movies is more accurate.

Yes now lads.

That's a lot of Sharpe user.

It'll never be enough.

I certainly wish you gentlemen cease this tomfoolery.

What did the BLOODEH BASTAHD mean by this?

This is now a sharpe thread.

What really needs a series is Master and Commander. The first part of Post Captain literally takes the piss out of Pride and Prejudice

For you.

Frankly I'd settle for another film but apparently it was idiotically expensive to make (partly because they used an actual boat for most of it).

Holla Forums is Holla Forums
Holla Forums is /television/

I am okay with this. Napoleonic Wars night when?

Expensive but good. Sad it was cucked out of the Oscars cause of "Lels of the Ring"

Pretty sure the planned gamenight next week is Warband, though I don't think it's Napoleonic Wars.
Speaking of LotR I don't think Master and Commander even got an equivalent extended edition with all the cut scenes worked back in.

Since we're on the subject and all might as well post this.

Are we going to all play vidya relating to each kino film?

Holla Forums was a mistake

nobody will ever agree on a list completely, but that's one hell of a list

No idea, I'm not OP and I don't think he does the normal gamenights. I'll tell you that Silent Hunter 3 with GWX mod is pretty much Das Boot: The Vidya though.
Also if we're talking about good films you fags should all check out Postal, possibly the best vidya move ever made not that that's a huge achievement.

That it is. Personally I'd add things like 13 Assassins to it but it's already pretty great.

why did you just post a blank image user

go back to your foggy little islandfag

What are you, a fucking Belgian?

Supposed to be plain Warband. There are several mods adding the glory of British colonialism to it though.

Time to remove papist.

HOORAY FOR OLD NOSEY

Just be glad it isn't 18th century naval combat. It'd be full of Master and Commander and Hornblower posting

Looks neat, I'll be showing up

There's probably a mod like that, but Battlegrounds 2 is mostly infantry focused. The only thing other than infantry is working cannons depending on the map.

The only rule we should have is Mark can't come.

To be honest we'd all be executing him by firing squad anyway if he showed up

Good thing he can't disguise himself, since he has the curse of attention whore, he has to name himself Mark every time. I will accept him if he stickies this thread, but prepared to get bullied nerdo.

We'll be playing in about 14 hours from now, so this is your last chance to install shit before it starts.

How long will it be going for?

I'll run it until sometime Sunday morning, so it'll be live for about 40 hours straight.

Nice, many thanks.

Only key issue is getting playercounts for those two days straight. E3 starts soon and we aren't stickied which means the gamenight thread will keep falling off the first page.

FPS Multiplayer w/ Holla Forumsbros? Count me the fuck in.

I wouldn't worry too much about E3, it's only EA that's gonna be on tomorrow anyways.

When do we start?

Just under 3 hours from now.

According to in around three or so hours as by my math eleven has already past . Polite sage for checking my sanity.

count me in

STARTS IN AN HOUR LADS

THIRTY MINUTES

MY BODY IS READY

Which class is considered the sniper?

Woops, meant for

IT'S UP!

Frontiersman for Americans, Jaeger for Brits.

Can't see any. IP?

Try refreshing and changing the settings of the server browser until servers show up. If not, the IP to connect to is xperience.ddns.net:27015

use connect 104.228.168.228:27015 in console

GET IN HERE YOU FUCKERS

Did server die? Seriously the lag is unreal

Trying to make a couple of fixes to the server, should be up now.

Well let us know when server is back up. Lag really is why linebattles were a thing in the 18th century.

I'll be in in 5 minutes.

DO YOU LIKE SCALPING YANKS?

DO YOU LIKE KICKING REDCOAT ASS?

DO YOU WANNA DIE IN A LINE IN SOME SHITTY SKIRMISH?

=THEN GET THE FUCK IN HERE==

As soon as the server gets fixed

Have the elders foreseen it?

Damn, i've never heard of this but downloading and joining. Is 104.228.168.228:27015 still the server you are on?

pic related

host is trying to unfuck his internet

THE ELDERS HAVE FORSEEN THE SERVER BACK UP

I ended up flipping a few switches and rewiring part of the network in the process.

This will become a meme me thinks.

ALREADY AT 6/32, COME PLAY

10/32

11/32

Can't hit shit with this lag.

you can't hit shit without lag

18 century games sucks

uninstalled, thanks for wasting my time and bandwidth, op

But you can't for shit with melee either.

Just like the good old days after 9/11

I'll be re-joining later on, maybe we'll even get some line fights this weekend.

I will play some more later tonight if the server is still active.

Come and See is bullshit postwar Soviet propaganda

DOWNLOADIN NOW

10 fags in right now.

THE ELDERS HAVE FORSEEN VICTORY

10/32

CTF JUST STARTED, GET IN HERE!

fuck i'll try that shit, played it few years ago

Am I retarted because nothing is showing up for the server list

It's definetly there.

I downloaded the sdk base 2007, fuck man, I wanna play this shit

Did you restart Steam?

Just do ''connect xperience.ddns.net:27015" in console.

Reminds me of Runescape.

Where did everyone go?

To make some tea

fucking brits

The server doesn't appear

Open up console and type "connect 104.228.168.228:27015"

Server is broke.

SKIP MAP NIGGA

HOSTFAG FIX THE GAME

Is it working?

Fixed gamemode, this gamemode has limited respawns which is why nobody was spawning.

I must be a literal retard, there isn`t an executable for the game anywhere, I re-installed several times, checked multiple folders, fiddled with the SDK program and nothing

Open it with steam, if it isn't showing up then close and open it again.

You start it using steam user.

yep I found it

Back to 10 fags by the way.
Fucking Daddy Pig fucking everything up.

11/32

JOIN UP

WE'RE STILL AT 11/32, COME JOIN

I'll be joining when my download is done

How am I supposed to join? It's not on my server list

Open up console and type "connect 104.228.168.228:27015"

Failed after 4 retries

Worked. Must've typed it wrong the first time

I had fun. I'd play it again if there was another gamenight for it.

Well night was fun lads, but holy fuck hit registration really does kill this mod so hard.

That it does.

I think OP said he was doing tomorrow though I don't know if there's enough meat to the game for that.

Broke my mouse in an fit of autistic rage this week. Now it only registers 1/3 left clicks. This game is pretty much all I'll be able to play.

We'll be doing tomorrow, unfortunately E3 is affecting our playercounts this week.

Get in here queers

Server gone?

Since we've hit rock bottom on the server, I will give the server a break for the night. If the thread's still active tomorrow afternoon during E3, I'll continue part 2 of the server then.

FUCK 2 gamenights I'm missing. How is it? You fags having fun? I'm not even gonna be able to play tomorrow.

THE ELDERS HAVE FORESEEN VICTORY THIS DAY

Were you the user that missed RO:OST for a wedding?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No, but rip. I don't even remember what I did last weekend but I would have much rather played RO. I have a vid or 2 saved, just need to convert it to webm or .mp4.

rip user*

Ah, unlucky anyway user. Even though this gamenight wasn't one of the normal ones (it's an off-weekend one) I saw a lot of the same anons ingame. It's nice to recognise names and all.

It's great, I like to change my name every now and then but I should pick one that sticks. Tell jrgl thanks for hosting if it's him.

Just remember, Adolf Hitler is always the same guy

t. defiantly not Adolf Hitler attentionwhopring

Jrgl wasn't hosting normally he doesn't either, he's just the one ingame taking map requests. Hostfag (I also am not hostfag) is ITT though.

But is Adolf Hitler also Der Fuhrer? If not what happens when the two meet?

I'm Dio the host, Jrgl is one of the main guys from /radcorp/ who shows up to help out hosts. Credit to him for being eyes and ears in the server for the hosters on both planned and unplanned gamenights.

Just remember, get fukt, mein fuhrer

DELET THIS

Didn't you host gaylo a while back?

Yep, did Gaylo Online. Also did Dystopia and Battlefield 2142 more recently.

That explains that then. Shame Battlegrounds was a bit quiet but I had a good bit of fun tonight.

Legitimately good idea.

Body double mein neger

The best thing to come from this gamenight is the Elders.

How was the match yesterday?
Is it worth it to download it and play with Holla Forums?

Basically a bunch of faggots running around aimlessly playing a game with worse hitboxes and netcode than a Ubisoft Multiplayer Title.
So a typical Holla Forums match.

It's like Napoleonic Wars in first person only. Fun for a bit. It's pretty light to download. Listen to the elders and try it tonight.

THE ELDERS HAVE FORESEEN PART TWO
Come back in an hour and a half, we'll continue then.

WE'RE BACK UP

Is anyone coming in? Seems kinda empty for now.

don't tell me you faggots actually watch E3