Did you like Alan Wake Holla Forums?

Did you like Alan Wake Holla Forums?

How would you rate it from a scale of 1 out of 10?

What did you like about Alan Wake?

What didn't you like about Alan Wake?

Would you like Remedy to make Alan Wake 2?

Dropped it 2 hours in, the gameplay is absolutely atrocious, and no amount of aping David Lynch is going to help that.

It's worse than normal "cinematic" games, it's actively un-fun.

This game worked like shit on my old computer

8/10
i really enjoyed it. the ending got me
"the lake became an ocean" or something like that

Enjoyed it, was pretty much a generic horror title that was relegated into episodic download shit at the Xbox arcade and a bit uninspired with little meme potential than Max Payne, but the music was great.

Not gonna happen, they couldn't even afford to renew the licensing on Alan Wake 1's OST which is why it's been removed from the steam store

Finished it a few times and then decided to get all the cheevos because I liked it so much.
It was just really really fun.

I'd love to see an Alan Wake 2, but the story probably wouldn't work and it'd be kind of shit

American Nightmare was supposed to be Alan Wake 2, but they were ordered to scrap work on that so they can work on the Xbone Quantum Break.

It's pretty good. Cinematics are great, the game is able to have a serious story while still having a lot of fun moments which is something a lot of modern games completely fail to do. Gameplay is okay, probably too simple but I thought it was still satisfying. The sounds the pseudo-zombies made were really and dumb and cringy. It'd be nice to actually see an ending to Alan Wake but there's no big pressure for it to be made if they have something else in mind. Too bad Remedy probably won't get the funding to do anything interesting ever again.

I've got mixed feelings about it, but positives slightly outweigh the negatives.
6 or 7, it's okay, but not good.
The writing, the atmosphere, the visuals, the music. It's got that feeling of a B-movie like original Max Payne, although much more subtle.
Gameplay. It's bad. Not painfully terrible, but I can't say anything good about it.
I'd rather see the story continue in some non-vidya format, maybe a graphic novel or a miniseries.

It might not be the most entertaining game ever made but it is far from being "atrocious" and a lot more entertaining than say Uncharted 2 or Max Payne 3, also the game was aping Stephen King if anything.

a video game based off of a book usually has it's scope limited from the get go which isn't entirely a bad thing assuming the fact that the video game fulfills everything that's important in said book, it's story and it's characters but what's usually missing and lacking in these kinda video games is the gameplay, graphics and sounds. now you may be wondering why I'm talking about video games based off of books when alan wake is not based off of a book, I say this because it is handled as though it is because the concept is inspired by stephen king books which is pretty much is a take it or leave it kinda deal with me but that's besides the point I'm making. an example of taking a concept and making it into a good video game would be jacobs ladder, which was the inspiration of the silent hill games since it doesn't use every aspect of that film and follows it in it's entirety.

make a new ip. make it proper horror(not jump scare shit) finally actually consider more things then just the bloody story like the gameplay which in alan wake wasn't anything interesting nor was it's story for that matter

Asthetically, I'd give it an 8 or a 7.5. Pure gameplay, a 6, maybe a 7. It really needed more variety. Tone was pretty good throughout.

No

3/10

Graphics would be decent if they werent all blury and with one color palete

Gameplay was shit, story was shit

Fuck no, Remedy is dead, Quantum Break was fucking atrocious

tl;dr it's a medicore game at best with decent music.
There's something really stupid about putting a name brand battery in a game where your batteries die every five minutes.

it's either a dev or a marketer gauging interest, with those questions asked how could it be a user just interested in the game? specially considering (1) and done op

Invest in some periods.

The only time I actually felt the game was fun was that short section where you get to drive the car around as the sun is setting down. I think this is what was originally envisioned for the game and might even have been a remnant of the original concept.

The rest is just a shitty TPS with the three same enemies you slog through the whole game while using underpowered and boring weapons.

I don't trust something which bleeds at the end of every month and doesn't die

I was hyped for it to come out, remember it have been written in some magazine that it was going to be like GTA crossed with Twin Peaks and that sounded so fucking good.

Then i pirated it for the Xbox and it was shit. I think i played like 3-4 levels before i stopped, like more well polished combat than Deadly Premonition, but without what made that game great.

Its good, not great.
Worth picking it up if you can get it for under $20.

I got it for free with a graphics card a few years back. I really enjoyed it, but you can tell the game was cut down especially if you saw that one tech demo from around 2005 or so. I did like the whole "Max Payne writer invokes Stephen King" writing, monologues and all. The combat did feel like a poor man's Resident Evil 4 though.

Yes, Mr. Marketer
The atmosphere that can change from peaceful to tense and feels utterly natural, the story, the semi-unreliable narrator being Alan and his potential insanity making you doubt what's occurring, having to play on the hardest difficulty to get the whole story, the music, the characters having flaws that are realistic and don't make them seem one dimensional, they all had their own things they wanted to do and were interested in achieving regardless of Alan, whereas in most games people are either with you or against you and there's zero sense of grey area, the amount of stuff that was in the world but didn't really matter, like the radio talk show host and the T.V.s having little stories that were by and large irrelevant aside from one singular moment where they became relevant and then turned irrelevant again.
Stuff like that made me feel like the world existed outside of the game and made the scenario of shadow people attacking between those moments of normality feel all the more surreal.
Shitty AI resulting in somewhat subpar combat, the game is never really hard at any point because of this, and it's clear Remedy understood this where in tense moments they attempted to overwhelm you with mass numbers of basic enemies rather than have a number of interesting enemies with different mechanics to fight. Not that there's anything overly wrong with using a mass number of enemies to attempt to overwhelm the player from time to time, it just needed some more variety to break it up.
Sure, as long as they finish the story and tie everything together, I'm not sure I want to see an Alan Wake 3.

It was okay. Not good, but an alright game for $10.

5/10, it would have been higher if it was less of a movie game.

Do you remember standing on a broken field?

SHILL ALERT

I fucking hate that game.

The facial animation hurts to look at, the writing is awful and the gameplay is mediocre. Story sequences feel claustrophobic if you try to explore. Has not aged well.

10/10 atmosphere

8/10 for everything else. The characters are oddly believable as well. The way Alan got mad at his wife during the beginning of the game was really well written.

I guess you could say
he nutted

I don't have a Carlos pic pls don't bully

I really liked it. Reminded me a lot of Resident Evil 4. I played it half a year ago for the first time and it's pretty impressive how well the visuals still hold up. The story was well written too and I liked the characters. Overall I would say a solid 8,5 out of 10.

End yourself you edgy trash.

I'm a couple hours in and I can kind of see why: In addition to various licensed music actually in the game, they licensed an episode ending song for each episode. They didn't just commission cheaper covers, the game features internationally licensed original recordings by huge artists and plays them the whole way through to the end, all for a mere skippable "end of episode" screen. Honestly I can't understand why the fuck they would eagerly jew themselves this hard with what are obviously fucking expensive and ultimately useless music licenses.

No

4/10

It wasn't a buggy mess from what little I remember.

The story.

No, make Max Payne 3

Your new is showing.

I enjoyed it for the most part but can't see myself ever playing it again because the gameplay is extremely repetitive.

I just wish Remedy would make another great third-person shooter like Max Payne 1/2.

I remember getting bored with it at about the actual meat of the gameplay started. Was enjoying the adventure game sort of shit up to that point. Does it follow along with that after a point? Because I just reinstalled it the other day to give it a second chance.

lmao how is posting gore not edgy? It's literally "look how cool I am I post bad pictures". It's like that one child at school that squashes ants and tells everyone about it because he needs attention.

I don't think that's always the intent, the reaction to gore postan is almost always entertaining.

kinda
its a 7.5/10
music, atmosphere, story and level desing
combat and the fucking camara
sure

Definitely a 2/10. I give it a point for interesting premise and nice art direction. But the execution was just horrendous. Pretty much a walking sim for the first two hours. The combat feels awful and the aiming with the flashlight did nothing except piss me off constantly. Remedy is already dead, so I would hope they don't make a sequel.

It's funny because you're new

No, it wasn't.

>>>Holla Forums

The only thing that disgusts me about this post is that you used a Love Live filename for your ebin edgy goreposting.

Pussy still looks intact.

I got about 20 minutes into it before I turned it off and never played it again. The Stephen King quote right off the bat really rubbed me the wrong way and it was only downhill from there. It felt like it was trying really hard to be scary but failing miserably. It's just boring.

Reminder that Remedy, and this specific game, were made by former late 1980s to mid 1990s demoscene stars from the group Future Crew.

Also daily reminder that the distributors are the ones that are afraid of new ideas to the point they kill game development, and development studios. Then sometimes take it a step further by attempting to play the role of necromancer and resurrect what they themselves killed.

You're obviously a M$ or Remedy PR shill, but I'll bite.

Great atmosphere and interesting story.
Felt too linear. Linear isn't bad at all - a guided, story-driven game can be linear and fun, but it felt out of balance.
Zero replay value. Horror games loose their intrigue after you've experienced the story once, so unless they have great mechanics and gameplay, they get thrown aside afterwards. Alan Wake was pretty mediocre-average in terms of gameplay.

6.5/10 worth playing through once if you like horror.

It looked pretty neat back before it got dumbed down for consoles

You're on a computer,nothing stops you from searching it, you fucking retard.