RIP Greenlight

Does this mark a return to the days before Steam was full of shovelware?

No, quite the contrary.

Nope

I don't entire recall but the new service isn't 100% human curated.

Also I like the shovelware, some experimentation is happening and not all of it is bad.

This just means they opened the floodgates and anything will be added as long as they pay up, this is the opposite of good.

GIMME THE GREENLIGHT
CAUSE I'M READY TO GO OH OH OH

The issue was devs not finishing their games. This doesn't fix that.

It just gets worse from here on, expect to see a lot of political pandering games that would otherwise get shunned by the community, both Holla Forums and SJW pandering games.

Bots aren't a community

Hey, that guy that made that protest page for Hatred about killing all kids sure got his moneys worth out of it.

Not unless Early Access gets BTFO too

Why can't people just upload that shit on Gamejolt or Itch.io?

Valve can't be bothered approving games anymore I guess

FUCK OFF I JUST GOT THAT SONG OUT OF MY HEAD AFTER WM 33

Yeah, It's not like normal people don't want political extremism shoved on their escapism or anything.

when was this ever the case?

Steam Greenlight was 90% bots and fake accounts you retard.

Underage please go

Because you just HAAAAVE to see my political pandering

ONE DAY I CHOKE ON GABE'S DIcK AND SAID TO ME HL3 AND SO DO I AND I HAD TO BRUTALLY SWALLOW IT ALL UP, AND THEN I ASKED: GABE CAN I OWN GAMES NOW, AND HE SAID OF COURSE NOT AND KEEP DEFENDING ME ONLINE YOU STUPID GOY

OH BOY EVEN MORE SHITTY UNFINISHED RUSSIAN GAMES

Half-Life 3 is happening.
2017 is the year of Half-Life. Mark my words.

I want summer to end

But shitty unfinished Slav games are Holla Forums favourite.

We already had too much cancer to deal with before summer, nerd.

You are trying too hard to fit in.

no u

That's why we lost the cold war.

No. Nothing will change until they actually hire a few people to test the quality of the games they are approving

says the guy uncritically buying into the summer meme
what's next? you gonna complain about reddit and template threads?

Benoit was framed

It's like immigration. There's no going back after the fact.

I don't get whats wrong with greenlight - just make it so only certain accounts can vote for things

Wow so hard

Fuck off, Valve.

100$ isn't too much. This won't stop shitty indie game spam, but might remove the absolute garbage ones.

So this is the exact same shit but there's no filtering whatsoever? You had to pay 99 bucks to get your game on Greenlight, had to get it voted up by bots or real people, talked with Valve briefly and then got it on Steam, now you pay 100 bucks and get it on Steam near instantly? 1,000$ is not hard at all to earn on Steam either, if I sold a game for 5 bucks, I only need to sell 200 copies (not sure if Steam sale tax counts).

I used to believe that too, until sites like Bundlestars , Groupies and Indiegala showed up on the scene.
They brought us the 30 games for $1 bundle, complete with shit you'd never buy normally. Or my personal favorites, the 6 dollar build a bundle that has one or two good games or games you might have wanted a long time ago , like skullgirls or viceral clean-up.

For a reasonable investment, say 10~20 dollars per fake account, for 100$ you can make several fake accounts (10 or 5) , completely filled with games and look completely legit.
Then use those accounts to vote on Greenlight or give your game positive reviews. That last part worked until fairly recently – but since developers can add any% off coupons to their games it only slowed down the dumb ones who don't know how to do that yet.

Then another problem with only "Special accounts" being able to vote for games, when the Brony/SJW/insert name of group here gets the large majority of control. They'll be able to push their favorite shit through while hindering anything that might displease them.

We can all thank TB and Sterling for it.

yup those are biggest trend changers on gaming scene

But user, /agdg/ is just a few autists from around the world. I'm sure russians have tons of splintered /agdg/ groups, just like the rest of the world does.

Even if you don't like them, there are tons of non-russian indie games. Use your head.

The shovelware that is ALREADY ON STEAM won't go away so does it really matter?

why the fuck is it always the glasses

context please.
i dont see anything wrong in saying
aside from the fact that he was dragging, waiting for what that girl's opinions before saying it out loud

answer the question.

No, not at all. Shit garbage still gets released everyday for paying the steamjew.

The shovelware will keep pouring in, but now legitimate games doesn't need to be quarantined on Greenlight for months. My store page on steam is already looking better with some decent recommendations I would've missed otherwise. Knowing valve, however, it will take years before the system is good enough for everyone.

The thing I don't understand is the faggots that want a heavily curated Steam. Do you wish for a heavily curated Spotify? Netflix? Amazon? More options is never the problem. The problem is shitty discoverability with a storefront full of filth you aren't interested. In my case a lot of the filth in the storefront are actually AAA/normalfag trash I don't give a shit and heavy curation wouldn't protect me against anyway.

I am a bit foggy but I believe one of the first things on steam that was not a Valve product was Ragdoll Kung Fu. Not necessarily horrible in its own right but poisoned the well and welcomed in future slovenly indieshit.

Or did you mean about the botting? Because that's all too apparent, especially if you've followed any bundle sites aside from heebiebundle and their grasping for upboats on their shitty pacman clone.

Perhaps I don't want any of those (((services)) to begin with. Imagine that, faggot.

I love how cucks think they have razor sharp wits while being so downright humorless and uncreative.

Nigga, there are people right now who are using their "games" on Steam to pander to achievements whores by putting literally thousands of free achievements in forgotten shit games to boost their sales, and Steam doesn't give a fuck about it.

Don't you understand how leftists operate? They want to be controlled, told what to do.

Heres how their memes work

some sub commented on that because usually they spend hour of their 2 hour podcast on praising liberal things.