Did any dumb fucks buy a Wii U?

I'm posting from mine right now. At least it's easy to pirate for?

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

of you

Yes I did.
How is it again that you get Jap voice/Eng text for Butthole of the Wild?

Recent update added dual audio, months after i stopped playing and forgot about BOTW.

why would you do that

Yes I did. It's right next time. It all it ever did was gather dust.

Most faggonts on cuckchan 2.0 just play shitty nip VN's, assfaggots, overshit, and or some shitty weeb shit playstation game.
Get fucked.

Wee Oo rhymes with weaboo

wait what the fuck I was supposed to post this masterpiece.

benis dird :-DDDD

I did. I just haven't gotten very many games for it yet, and I'm intending on getting all the games I want during this year before they become too hard to find.

Yep. Selecting the option prompted me to download a free 900~ MB voice pack from the eShop, which works even though I didn't buy the game. Hoping Jap Zelda voice is better than Eurotrash English Zelda.
BTW If you enter the browser while in a game you can upload a screenshot of either the Gamepad or the TV screen.

it's on the servers and you can still get it.

this

It's got mores games than the PS4. I should know, I have both.

I bought it around the time MK8 came out. I was originally ignoring it, but games were starting to come out and I thought the console was going to improve. I think that ended up being the only good year for the console. Oh well, I bought it used for $200. At least it can run GC/Wii games and homebrew through native HDMI. If Nintendont will finally add BBA support I'll consider it worth it. I just want to play GC games over LAN with friends. Fuck Devolution's anti-piracy shit. I just want to play games I already own hassle-free.

I'm done with new home consoles at this point. The console I use most now is my Wii for emulating older, better consoles. (If you soft-mod BootMii onto a Wii (not vWii) when installing the HBC, you can launch HBC with a GC controller and never have to use a Wii remote. I haven't had to turn one on in almost 2 years.)

i have neither but this sounds wrong to me. didn't nogames4 actually get some decent exclusives in the last year or so?

was gonna get a refurbished one or something from Nintendo. any FW works for CFW right?
never had my own Nintendo console so wanted 1 for everything.

Nope, didn't need too, CEMU is free

Seriously niggers just emulate it man
Yes there is overdraw in the screenshots, no I will not fix it

Is it tough on the hardware? I barely managed to play windwaker.

Can't imagine something more modern working well without emulator heavily relying on GPU (which is almost never the case).

I bought one. Don't regret it because I enjoy it. Might set it up for piracy at some point to get the games I didn't want to pay money for, for various reasons. Mostly play W101 and Tropical Dong on it nowadays.

If you can't play Wind Wanker with your current hardware then you have no chance of playing WiiU games at steady frames

That said, if you CAN play Wind Waker at 1080p with LLE used whenever possible at full FPS than you have a very good chance of being able to use CEMU. Its not as demanding as you might expect. the lead dev I believe uses a Haswell and a GTX 7 series GPU

My wind wanker gameplay was at steady 30 (don't quite remember the settings) until many hours into the game when the storm started and for whatever reason it started lagging like crazy on me, barely ever reaching 30 again. I suppose I should stay clear on this one then, for the time being.

My issue is CPU generally, as it's somewhat outdated duo-core.

What are your pee see specs, my man?

The emulator only uses one core but it sounds like you might not even be getting that good of single core performance
What are your exact specs?

Yes because Nintendo stopped caring about the Wii U a long time ago. The latest firmware actually works best. Unfortunately, the long load times are a pain and the Wii U has to rely on Wii mode for decent emulators. All the Wii stuff also has to go on an SD card if you're using a HDD for Wii U games.

Really, an old Wii with GameCube controller ports is more convenient for having all the old stuff on one console. Look up ModMii if you even want to mod a Wii or a Wii U's Wii mode.

thats really funny

I just bought a used one to hack, but I need to get the order of hacks straight. I need to purchase a DS game which Haxchii can use before I Loadiine it, right?

Ahah, no

yes, you need to buy a DS game so you can use Haxchi, although you need to have the DS game stored in the Wii U's internal storage, as for whatever reason external hard drives won't work with Haxchi. It's much better if you use WUPInstaller GX for getting games, since you'll have much less issues running whatever game you want.

That’s the extent of my problems, too. I have 8 physical cores and should be able to run this shit flawlessly, but the damn thing won’t go above 20FPS. Fuck the CEMU team.

I still don't understand what Shittendo was thinking with the WiiU.
I know at least four hardcore nintendrones that skipped on WiiU because they thought that it was just an addon for Wii like sega 32, and not a brand new console.
Then you have the fact that it had a two year jumpstart on the competition and exactly zero games in that time.

I do want WUPInstaller, but then don't you have to block updates and therefore can't download the DS title? It's a little shitty getting into it this late.

gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

Has a list of steps:

>Install a Backup Launcher

So I'm assuming the WUPInstaller is the Backup Launcher listed here which would let me install the backups as well as DLC/Updates I grabbed from uTikDownloader?

The same dumb fucks are also buying the Switch

Also when it's hacked user. Wii U unhacked is fucking garbage.

Pretty beefy pc man, by the way, do you know if this webm is still relevant? From wiiuusbhelper.com I get some shady updater.exe file as a download

Something about these images looks "Soft", as if you rubbed a thin, subtle coat of vaseline all over the screen. I don't know, even at lossless 1080, they don't look as sharp and crisp as I thought they would. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's the emulator itself and not your specs. Also, I refuse to emulate until you can overclock it to play at 60fps. Then you can get a true PC experience.

It's still early, so getting it to run well is the first priority I suppose.

Last nintendo console I bought was the GameCube, since then I just wait for emulators

what multiplayer games does Holla Forums play?

Call of Duty United Offensive

Yes, because someone stole my Wii (And, I have a large number of games for it).

>Persona 5: Also on PS3
>Yakuza 0: Also on PS3 (Only in Japan, though)
>Titanfall 2: Also on XB1 and PC
>King of Fighters XIV: Coming to PC next week
If those are the ones you're talking about, that is. All of the games that I've had any interest in on the PS4 either have a PS3 and/or Vita version (Of the two, I have the latter system), or are available on PC.

Theres Nioh, thats it and that might get a port.
Gravity Daze 2 is a mediocre tech demo despite what fanfaring waifufags say and The Last Guardian was a massive dissapointment and not even better than Ico.

Dragon Quest Builders, Blubon, Nioh, Yakuza 0 (Japan-only multiplats don't count), Odin Sphere. Persona 5 because I don't have a PS3, Gravity Daze Remastered because fuck owning a Vita. I've only owned one for about six months but I've found it pretty worthwhile so far, but I still use my PC more.

Vanillaware needs to follow through on Kamitani's discussion about creating PC ports of their games so I can finally play Muramasa in HD and never uninstall Odin Sphere.

Aegis Rim had its platforms removed from the Western announcement.
So they'll either make it PS4 exclusive or remove the Vita for a PC port.
Knowing Fatlus it will be the first.

Its probably the games default AA implementation that looks like shit. There is a config file to disable that shit though

The emulator is far more GPU bound than CPU bound though
What's your GPU?

dumbfuck reporting in

at least I played a few good games I guess

also dumbfuck, but i didn't even play my games that much … played like 3 rounds of splatoon, half of bayo, and none of wonderful 101 or whatever its called.

WEW

DO IT.
Please.

GTX 980.

I should mention that the fans don't even spin up while it's playing; my GPU isn't taxed at all.

You need to enable force CEMU.exe to use the Nvidia GPU via the Nvidia control panel

Yeah, make sure it is actually using the 980 and not the Intel internal GPU because that usually happens for some reason

Also LOWER GPU CACHE ACCURACY in CEMU settings because BOTW really doesn't need it and it gives a good 10 FPS boost
And don't forget the GPUFence hack because it just requires editing an .ini file and can also give a good 10 fps boost but be warned because doing this may come at a cost of stability

We can all agree Ninty's last decent system was Gamecube, right Holla Forums?

Thats not the SNES

I did. For Bayo 2 (Wonderful 101, Smash, MK8 and Splatoon help too).

Not getting a switch though. It looks like it's going to be even more barren than this one was, and paid online is a serious turnoff.

The Wii and WiiU were shit. The 3DS is half-shit (only because its main gimmick is useless and nobody ever uses it)

That said, the Switch actually looks like a solid system. I feel like its main gimmick also fills a genuine role unlike the useless motion controls of the Wii and the contrived tablet of the WiiU. You can dick it, make it portable, or just turn it into a plain tablet. That said, I probably wont get one until its hacked. Even then I'm a poorfag so I might also just get it used. I can see why its so successful though and why so many normalfags want one

Fuck I meant dock it not deleting the post because it is a pretty lulzy typo

You've done it now boy

So you can download the patch without having the game?

I bought it and liked it. The library was pretty good and unlike the competition it was nearly all exclusives. Shame it never found mass appeal. It feels like another gamecube but with even less games.

Great Netflix machine though.

I still think the Wii had the best gimmick of all the post-Yamauchi systems. Lots of really cool light gun games came out of it. The library still wasn't that good compared to NES, SNES or Gamecube though.