Vidya OST/Music

Vidya Music thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_olRp55Zs0I
youtu.be/iDWMTuK7ENo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

One day I will make a game and I will include this.

Complex orchestrated soundtracks are the worst types of soundtracks because they are too busy to imitate or hum/whistle/sing along with.

Take the chest opening sound from the Zelda games. Nintendo certainly has tried tacking on some decent string build up, but at the end of the day its the bit at the end that has endured the most.

there are hundreds of simple tunes in botw that stick with you and are memorable, I just posted the orchestra pieces because they're themselves beautiful.

Here's one of the most simple but catchy songs in the game

Anyway you can have extremely memorable complex orchestra pieces in vidya you can hum/whistle/sing, take the battle themes from Bravely Default for instance

What's important about a track is if it sets the right mood and is enjoyable to listen to, not how easy it is for you to make mouth noises that approximate how they sound.

that would be kinda amazing.

Did they really need seperate tracks for every Divine Beast chase?

This sounds like it's chopped together from mutliple tracks.

yeah I got a bad version says they cut it from lots of trailers from a while back or something

C o m f y

The problem with BOTW music wasn't that it sucked, just that it was scarce.

Oh jesus user, moar?

Sorry user, I got no more bird tiddies

This good enough?

get out nigger.

Get you asses ready

Der Juden

I felt that Lufia II's soundtrack is timeless.

Best song coming through

Shatters ost is good shit. Smaller title, but the soundtrack is top notch material.

Why have I not noticed this before?

My favorite dungeon delving theme.

This shit was the hypest when first entering the Hyrule Castle grounds

Always dug the industrial sounding elements.

You got to learn more about them than any of the other children. You got the full breadth of just how hard the poor giants got FUCKED.

What a rush the boss fights were.

Reported for kike dyke.

Underrated gem I never hear anyone talk about ever.

Hollow Knight is the GOTY this year without a doubt.

GOTY right here
fuck personafags

It's good, and if you're deeply into the theme I would go so far as to say that it's great, but it's not anywhere near GOTY unless 2017 is just a particularly bad year for vidya.

COMFY IS BACK IN TOWN BOYS.

Every single one of these people should be lined up against a wall and get shot in the dick.

I have to post a few of these because i recently fell in love with its soundtrack

Where does the end section of the piece actually play in the game? Love me some erhu.

I wish OP would stop blatantly stop using proxies and one of the actual decent threads ledt on this board to shill his mediocre game.
That would be nice

I don't know why I was posting these one at a time like they were embeds.

there's really nothing else this year besides persona 5

Echoes is a hundred times better than the waifu shit that is awakening and Fates. These three are the best things to come out these year so far. However echoes is just a remake of gaiden. But its a remake done right. good artwork, good OST, good gameplay.

Breath of the Wild has a ton of music. The main problem is that most of it, you only hear once for a short amount of time. Unless you replay the whole game from the start.

FUCK
yeah

How does he do it?

Because DDay

No fire emblem soundtrack has ever really done much for me.

because its shite
undertumblr:earthbound circlejerk did a better job

Do explain.

this piano key mashing, is better than that piano key mashing

BOWT is a mediocre game with a vocal community of brand loyal autists who try to make it more relevant than it actually is.

why do terrible games have good music

Nintendo in a nutshell.

Because game development is a team effort and is a mix of many culture activities.

Pretty sure this is the only enjoyable swamp level in any game.

Last phase of the final boss I think.

How does it feel to always be wrong?

Get out.

I don't know, I haven't bought a Nintendo product since the DSi

Supreme taste

m'nyuggah

Comfy shit my man

No platform they've released since has been nearly as bad as the dsi. You've just been avoiding fun things to spite your own idiot purchase from 12 years ago.

I love how the Scientist NPCs actually express amazement at how many Grunts you kill considering the firefight is actually pretty challeging and is probably the only acknowledgment you get for all the insane feats you accomplish.

Nah, everything after 6th Gen doesn't exist to me.

I'm glad Black Mesa had great music. I was worried it'd be shit because Kelly Bailey wasn't the composer.
I think Valve has some of the most underrated soundtracks in gaming. I'm surprised that, for as famous as their games are, no one ever praises the music. All anyone ever talks about when it comes to the soundtrack are the credits themes of the Portal series, and I guess the TF2 soundtrack.

A classic.

Holy shit… do you hear the Ballad of the Wind Fish callback? That's fucking cool. I mean, I don't know why you'd put it in THAT song, but fuck I love Link's Awakening, so whatever.

Black Mesa is less industrial, but still very good the soundtrack is like a mix between Half Life and 2

I thought the Black Mesa soundtrack was kinda mediocre. It has those moments where it's just generic emotional piano without much personality. Good game, though.

Xen, never ever

Nigger I'll hit you

To be fair, they did put lyrics to some of them

I personally think that Half-Life franchise's OST didn't become consistently good until with the episodes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guess I'll just post these individually.

Wish there were a full OST vid on YT.

Uprising had a pretty great soundtrack all around, but this particular tune stuck out to me the most for some reason.

Does this remind anyone of a certain Falcom track? I think i've heard it before in an Ys game, but I can't lay my finger on which one it was.

Here's your attention, faggot. Happy?

No, not yet.

Fucking JRPG garbage, nothing unique about this at all.
Okay, now I'm happy.

rude

Patrician taste

I purchased that soundtrack.

Make way faggots ,best song coming thru

Would anyone happen to have a rip of pic related? Can't find it anywhere on them internets.

Good luck with that, it was a pain in the ass trying to get the Nookie version of Slots Terroreast much less that.

I love how Kings Field pays tribute to old school dungeon crawlers downright to its music.
I really need to play these games

Anyone know where I can download Breath of the Wild's soundtrack?

I don't mind it that much personally but the original mix is still better

RIDE THE TRAIN
repeat infinity times

I can't believe I only played SS2 for my first time just a year ago. Everything about this game blew me away and the atmosphere was top notch

Underappreciated OST coming through!

You still have more runs with different builds to play user.
Go do them right now
Hacking/Research/Melee is always the best though

uhh anyone? Please? I've tried looking.

Y-you too

Metroidvania has had some solid releases in the past few years.

How the fuck do they pull this off? It's so good!

youtu.be/_olRp55Zs0I
youtu.be/iDWMTuK7ENo

Fuck me, sorry for the broken links

They work fine dude, no worries.

I think the main theme and End Credits of Black Mesa actually make the game feel way more oppressive and hopeless than the original Half-Life ever felt. The somewhat grittier atmosphere also helps it.

In original Half-Life you very quickly became a badass who wouldn't stop at anything to get out but in Black Mesa it feels like you're stuck in a horrific facility with no way out (at least until the surface levels). That is one of the things Black Mesa actually got right and improved from Half-Life in my opinion.

Everytime