Sony Exec Says Nobody Wants to Play Old Games

>Sony Europe chief Jim Ryan: “When we've dabbled with backwards compatibility, I can say it is one of those features that is much requested, but not actually used much. That, and I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PSone, PS2, PS3, and PS4 games, and the PSone and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?”

archive.fo/Wmmd9
pushsquare.com/news/2017/06/sonys_jim_ryan_just_said_a_stupid_thing_about_backwards_compatibility

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RommjUIzEAQ?t=5m49s
1d4chan.org/wiki//tg/_gets_shit_done
archive.fo/EdOkA
venturebeat.com/2016/01/26/why-japan-no-longer-matters-to-playstation-as-sony-heads-west/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want to grab his stupid little face and press it as hard as possible with my fingers until his fat eyes pop out.

I didn't post that picture wtf

i suddenly got remained of that guy who said his console should be "always online" and "no offline mode"
fucker doesnt know shit ad just smiles like a drugged high on his own farts

What he meant was "we want people to pay for old games they already own".

Ryan doesn't know anything about video games, he's a textbook example of an out-of-touch exec.

He's right, at least with regard to backward compatibility. It's much more expensive to implement than the value it provides to the customer. No one cares about it outside of the first year when a new console doesn't have shit for a library of its own. Everyone who actually wants to play old games would prefer to emulate them with enhanced resolution, or they're purists who own the original hardware.

He's not wrong. Normalfags don't play old games.

No wonder Sony's so bloody retarded, with people like this running them

It's probably true though. Normalfags just keep buying new

Normalfags play Candy Crush saga.

That I can understand, this is the part that angers me:
But, then again, this is Sony. They probably want us to watch nuGhostbusters as well instead of watching the original two.

Old games don't have enough cinematic storytelling! What kind of loser plays games without modern graphics? Isn't modern gaming so much better than those lame older games? Older games are for children anyways, video games are moving toward becoming a mature artform for mature adults. You only think you want to play older games, you don't really want to. The industry is changing, storytelling and diversity is the future. You're just a toxic, angry, white, basement-dwelling loser so who cares what you think?

t. Neogaf and like-minded industry cancer

Xbone's highly praised backwards compatibility is never fucking used, people bitch about it for a while and then move on.
No one cares about last generation games a few months down the line outside of a small, shrinking niche. And out of those a number just decide to emulate again.

Faggots once again prove they know nothing about vidya.

Shame too, because they keep adding backwards compatibility, which is great. If I were in the market for a current gen console, the Xbone is the only one I'd consider, purely for the backwards compatibility.

He's not entirely wrong. People do play older games with emulators or original hardware. They just don't want to re-purchase a digital copy on a newer locked-down system.

Still shows that they don't give a fuck about their PS1/PS2 era games and that they should not be approved because of their past games.

That's what happens when a videogame company is in fact a videogame division of a non-gaming company.

CURRENT YEAR.

Well, whatever. I only buy consoles when they are old, used and cheap.

Backwards compatibility would make me consider buying a newer console, but now I don't even have to consider giving them money. Thanks, Sony. Now I don't even have to choose. I will buy used shit forever.

I would maybe already own a PS4 for the 6 or 7 PS4 games that interest me if it had backwards compatibility, but since it doesn't, I bought a cheap PS3 instead.

Used PS4s are still expensive as hell, for some reason, so fuck that. I can get one in 2020.

The Xbox One doesn't have games. I can't even think of one exclusive. The 360 has… probably something, I assume. But it's not like they are trying to appeal to people that actually like video games. Really, they appeal to casuals, posers and niggers.

Regardless, Microsoft is complete shit. Everything is shit nowadays, PC gaming, Sony and Nintendo are all complete shit, but Microsoft goes beyond even that by simply having nothing to offer.

The original Xbox is okay. Not many games, but it's the most respectable console that they ever made. The 360 I assume is at least alright, though most of the console exclusives that I played on PS3 aren't on 360.

I can't even LOL at this

not really since I can't just slap in a 360 game and have it work. And as far as I have kept up with they have only ported AAA shit games only normalfags cared about for a month and dropped. If they actually did OG xbox emulation then a handful of more people would have wanted it; But they would never put in that much effor to get a group besides the dudebro audience.

And phantom dust doesn't count since they fucked that and put in a fucking microtransaction shop.

t. sony

This is partly why the community died.

what a dumbass
one of the best things about the PS3 was its backwards compatability

and littlebigplanet

Depends on a country. In russia and japan people MOSTLY play classic games they remember buying when they were children. Modern games are always second thing. In russia and japan amount of retrofags is fucking huge.
Maybe not in america or europe, i don't know.

Fixed, but Ryan's quote will probably be buried under the rug when Sony says "sorry" and keeps releasing more fucking remasters.

This is largely because Sony Hardware…works. It keeps functioning. So many people have the old consoles.

Other than that, I wonder how many PSOne games could fit on a modern BluRay/HDDVD?

Meh. If I relied upon a hard copy for Kotor, I would want to replace it by now.

Thats because the late era Xbox 360s were pretty good, and will last for even longer if you take care of them.

Didn't Sony brag about the PS4 downloading games that it thinks that you wanted to buy in advance?

What the fuck?

You guys don't seem to realize, he is talking about normalfags who buy consoles because they are the largest market share, not us. Will they ever go back and play old games? No, they're gonna buy the new no man's sky or CoD. They play a game, then they are done with it forever. So he is right, retards do not care about it.

youtu.be/RommjUIzEAQ?t=5m49s

he thinks its about graphics doesn't he? he thinks games are about looking at pretty graphics.

Cod yes, no mans sky no. Normapfags play it safe for the most part when it comes to thrir entertainment purchases, so names that are easily recognizable sell the best, its why cod, halo, kingdom hearts, mario, zelda, final fantasy, and every other old series and recognizable game does well while niche games remain niche.

People ITT are defending this while this Gen has been on life support with remasters and games that look like they belong on past gen.

I want to play God Hand, I've never played it
this makes me sad

Its dead because they changed it too much.
Not to say the changes are positive aside from the movement options, they are not.

Emulation you dumbass

Figures a non-gaming company like Sony wouldn't know that the '90s was the greatest vidya era of all time.

That motherfucker. The main reasons people bought the PS2 without worry was BECAUSE they could play all of their PSX games on it from day one. Then they fucking REMOVED backwards compatibility from the PS3, as if nobody wanted to play the library while PS3 was crawling out from under the NOGAMES shadow. I mean, fuck, almost a decade ago, I put up a recording of the PlayStation boot screen, and it's got nearly a million fucking views. But no one is interested in old PlayStation games.

Did everyone forgot this? Or everyone miss the part that Sony said they wanted to datamine its player base until it can download games in advance before purchase?

Just get a PS2. It's the most common console ever. Shouldn't be expensive.

Not sure about emulation. It was shit when I tried it 10 years ago (when I bought my previous computer, that I had to replace a few months ago, R.I.P.), but I didn't need it because I already owned the console, so I never tried it again.

My current PC should be able to handle it easily, but at least back then, the emulator was very picky. It should be compatible and work perfectly now, and if it doesn't, the emulator is shit and it doesn't work on anything.

Do they just not even pay attention to what their own workers are doing?

I plan to get a dreamcast. Are there still nee good homebrew games developed for it?

Why is Europe so shit?

Meanwhile remasters of previous gen games get shit out fast.

The PS3 could still play PS1 games even after the PS2 compatibility got removed. In fact, every game system prior to the PS4 has been capable of playing PS1 games, albeit some only digitally (eboots with the PSP and Vita). Meanwhile, the PS4's library of things to play is just PS4 specific games, and whatever PS2 games they opt to give the "HD" treatment to.

Unfortunately a lot of companies seem to be growing inclined to the "no backwards compatibility" thing these days, or at least "no physical compatibility" in cases where they can be bought digitally but not played via official disc. Whether this is more to cut production costs or so people aren't reminded of the libraries of past systems being better than recent ones, I can't say.

They just had a Capcom sale on the PS3's PSN this past weekend with the game at $3 or less. Granted, there's a fair point about not giving Sony or Capcom money, but still. And as said, you can emulate if you have a good enough machine.

PS2 prices range about $40-60 where I am, depending on the model. The issue as far as God Hand goes is that it's been climbing in price. Used to be that you could get it for $15 or so, and now it's about $30 loose, $40+ complete.

Still, buying a fat PS2 and setting it up with an HDD and loaders is another valid option if one doesn't want to deal with game prices or burning discs.

I still find it disgusting that The Last of Us got one of those a little over a year after it originally came out on the PS3.

There's a Contra-style Galaxy Rangers game being developed for it. Also Pier Solar was released on the DC. Border Down is pretty fucking great, and there are emulators for the DC… but for the latter, you're far better off emulating on PC than frying your DC's laser diode by making it seek a billion files on a CDR.

Why not both?

I'm assuming both are indeed the reasons, I was just saying I'm not sure which one has influenced the lack of backwards compatibility more.

Heard decent things about Volgarr the Viking and Gunlord in Dreamcast threads before, but I think both were existing PC games ported for use with the Dreamcast, and I haven't personally played either, so take that with a grain of salt.

And that's why they're rebooting some of their old games for mobile, right?

This, while i don't think the amount of people who want backwards compatibility is that small i can't say i didn't see it coming, Since a good portion of PlayStation and their studios' target audience is NeoGAF, Do i even need to post neofag's opinion on Naughty Dog?

You have no idea how fast i would have picked up a ps4 if it had backwards compatability with all previous playstations.

I have a good idea of the cucks who post there, but post pics anyway just for good measure (And, so that I can lose even more faith in certain places).

Sony does a lot of things that people forget.

How Sony of them

This is what keeps happening, Japs. Just do whatever and don't let them in.

You don't get it, man. It's a completely new game because of the graphics.

Gameplay is irrelevant. People just want to watch video games, right?

Honestly, they only did anything with Crash because it's one of the few PlayStation games that can be used to grab the nostalgiafags by the balls, and they are always closely followed by the posers, so it does make a lot of money, and it doesn't take that much effort. Just make the graphics MODERN. The fact that they are good games is not very relevant. Hell, it's not even like the original Crash games look bad. They look really damn good. Remaking them is just more consumerist crap.

Other than that, Sony only cares about new games, and mostly games that are really just shitty trashy American movies with some shallow gameplay in there, just so that they can call it a game.

There are a few good games on the PS4, but they don't care very much about those, and whenever they do, it's only because Jews are to money what flies are to shit. If it makes money, they will be around.

Because America occupied and destroyed it after WW2. Especially Germany. Your propaganda did this to the Germans. Good job there.

Every single country in Europe would have all been unironically better off with the Soviets and their poison. And that's crazy, but it's also true.

At least America also poisoned itself and is inevitably going to die off, so I guess it's all good. Fitting punishment for a country that exists with the sole purpose of hating on the entirety of white history, and all European ethnicities, and entirely rejecting all glory and value, and instead adopting a purely Jewish, consumerist spirit.

Get a PS2 and pirate the games, at least if you can't emulate, or don't want to.

I own the slim model and just burn the games. I will mod it when it inevitably stops reading discs, but until then I will be lazy and keep burning my games. I don't like replacing parts that still work. It feels like such a waste. And I bought 100 DVDs a few years ago anyway. I have to use them for something.

Buying the games is not very convenient. Mostly for collectors, if you ask me. If I owned them, I wouldn't want to actually use them, so I avoid that.

My personal rule is that I emulate everything older than the Dreamcast, though I would still like to own a Saturn because of emulation issues. Troublesome N64 games are played on the Wii, which I am ashamed to own, but I really wanted a GameCube, and piracy is easier on the Wii. However, it's not an issue because I have nothing left to play on the N64, because it has no gaems.

Who cares about fucking price when FreeMcboot exists?

Jesus fucking christ. It's a fucking tragedy that Nintendo fanboys are getting this bad too.

Remember it's sony you're dealing with.
Besides, RIDGE RACER!!

Cool post, link to your blog please?

I genuinely want the neoFAG community thrown in an incinerator.

You can hear me? Hear-me this is not a dream this is just the beginnin of something bad.

So does that mean it's ok to pirate Sony's old games?

Just use VPN.

How bad could it be?

PS4 Pro

Why? Nobody uses torrents anymore.

"Hahahah, let your mom die bro, stab her fucking eyesockets. You'll be a tough dude for murdering your family!! hahaha, rape your little sister, you need emotional strength to start masturbating to her screaming and crying as she gets torn piece of piece in a bloody beatdown. Like totally bruhhh. It's not a jaded weakness, it's strengthhhh duuuude"

This is what reddit sounds like

Sweet mother.

This shit should be a war crime in fucking peacetime.

Nope. We have oceans to protect us from the Muslims. Even if we pulled a Trudeau and starting importing them en masse, it's nothing compared to the tidal wave in Europe.
But we are going to continue becoming less powerful and relevant, and turning into Northern Mexico. I wish it weren't true or inevitable, but it is.

We just need to cut off california. That's it. There you go, the US is saved, then when mexifornia shits itself inside out, you reclaim the land once more.

Sure, but it's not going to happen. It's pure fantasy.

Somebody needs to remake GIF related but replace Florida with California

Not going to happen. The U.S. has the highest GDP out of all the countries in the world (We even beat out China).

Something about that video feels awfully The Young Turks to me. Maybe the passive aggressiveness, setting the shilling up as the reasonable, understanding angle and then following up with the smugness about being a fucking idiot.

Unfortunately, I wish trump was genuinely racist, and gamergate was genuinely terrifying
Would you imagine if we took the bully route?

There's no way in hell the US will let go of commiefornia, but holy shit would it fix a whole load of problems. Cutting off California would actually make America great again.

That's what you call; Gaslighting.

It would blaze right the fuck past "Great" and go into "Amazing" territory. California is one of the biggest leeches of all, correct?
Isn't a calexit movement in two years?

I'd be guessing that if we outdid the old, pre-2009 raids in terms of lulziness, we might even get copycats and the like, but there's no doubting we'd get a lot more shit done like /tg/ if we went the bully route not to mention more opposition

Biggest money leecher, bigger cultural appropriation activity, the biggest breeding ground for SocJus, Hollywood.

The gap between the US and China has been shrinking for a long time. If China manages to weather (heh) their environmental problems, they'll be a developed consumer economy within fifty years.
At that point, it will be about as expensive to manufacture there as it is here. I'm curious about what happens then. Either there are major labor reforms, or all the rich fucks try to outsource their businesses again–probably to Africa (which will likely fail, because Africans can't seem to do anything except masscres and civil wars).

Man if I had this guy's phone number I'd call him and tell him
"Hey, Nitwit. Take a guess why I still use a fat ps3 and haven't bought a ps4."

I don't know who he is, I don't know what he's talking about, but holy shit he sounds like a faggot and I bet whatever he wants to say is also extremely gay. He keeps moving his mouth but only homosexual white noise comes out.

Secession has been explicitly illegal since the 1860s, so that's not an option.
I think secession should be legal.

???

He says that if you can't afford psn+ you're too poor for video games.

Why do you need a link to this thread?

You will never get rid of the niggers, though. Deporting them would be really hard to justify. Only a dictator could do that at this point.

Anyway, America is just a pile of money with no culture and no history. Not a big loss.

Back to the jungle it goes.

It would be funny and entertaining if people just did everything that the media accused them of doing. The Jews wouldn't like it very much if people turned bullshit into reality, though.

Even suggesting that sounds like a joke.

Technically they aren't the biggest
If you don't count the ridiculous fucking armor they have against other states starting tech industries.

Sure, but I'd take them over Arabs any day.

Not true even in a hyperbolic sense. All human groups have culture and history.

That's why I said it will fail. But if Asian standards of living (and thus prices and wages) rise to Western standards (or close to them), the only option for cheap labor becomes Africa. They'll try it, if push comes to shove.

He's right but not for the reason he thinks he's right. There's only a handful of games I never tire of playing. I want something new to come out that catches my interest and enthralls me with its gameplay, but nothing comes. I'm glad people are making profit off of video games though, and that others are having fun.

Read that in planktons voice

So how are your rapefugees? Seems like they figured out how to stream snuff-rape and get driver's licenses very quickly.

Please stop derailing the thread into politics just because an autist said Europe is shit.
Thank you

Fuck him, I bet he is the reason ps4 can't play ps1 discs like the consoles before it could.

OK

First thing I did when I brought my angular alarm clock stand home was try a PSX game, but it was for naught. I only bought it because I was fucking angry, and needed to channel my anger into helping out the local classic game shop which has always done right by me, as well as the rest of the community.

Now as far as America goes, a goodly portion of the population is waiting for either the collapse of order, or enough people to kick of TDotR. Believe me, if the local police said it was open season on mudslimes, I'd be collecting noses without so much stopping to take a piss before leaving the house.

my nigga

Gay Assholes Forum

Probably more true than we would like to think. What Holla Forums wants and what the market at large wants rarely coincide.

AHAHAHAHA FUCKING RETARD, IT'S AMERICA WHO ENABLED COMMUNISTS TO EXIST BY ACTUALLY SELLING THEM SHIT AT EXORBITANT PRICES, Patton himself thought it'd be better to support germany than anglo and the soviets

Baffles me how cunts like that are in high ranking positions in the video game industry.

That is one hell of a "fellow gamers" moment.

Old polygonal games look like complete fucking shit. That's a fact. Old sprite-based games have aged wonderfully though.

Just your standard marketing spin bullshit. Remember when rumble was so last gen?

What the fuck do corporate ladder climbers know about video games? All they know is sucking cock and brown-nosing, stabbing "colleagues" in the back, and selling out, all to climb higher, get a little more dough, get a bigger house, flashier car, all new home appliances. Their friends and family are always amazed to see their splendid, modern life. Their trophy wife gets lots of slending money and an easy, do-nothing life, which is perfect, since the absentee husband is never around to see her fucking other men to fill the void in her soul. And let's just not talk about their darling boy, who is obviously going to grow up well-adjusted, I mean have you seen the bigass house he lives in?

This chubby fuck in a suit is the lifeless husk of flesh you'll find behind the curtains running all the big game studios. My silly little description I wrote her applies near-perfectly to a whole segment of America responsible for both making important decisions for corporations/government, and for cultivating soulless, miserable, wealthy families.

They can have a certain charm. And even a game that looks bad can be fun to play.

COME TO MY FACE AND SAY THAT FUCKER

There is a fair amount of retrofags here in Ausland

its funny because he got kicked out of SanFran circle and his own show and company after making joke about women and now he turned into this weird mix of conservative guy with left policies

"Rumble Is Back!"
Fucking hilarious shit. Backwards compatability is always one of the least used parts of a console but it's there because it's consumer friendly. Nintendo wanted the SNES to be BC with the NES and only cut it at the last moment because it would have jacked up the pice. Sega wanted the MD/Genesis to be BC with the master system and released an adapter. Options are good. Who the fuck cares if 1% uses BC. If it means that games like Viva Pinata and Lost Odessey are preserved for future generations to go back to without spending dosh. Then thats fucking good no matter what you think of Microshit.
Sony is probably going to do/say something fucking stupid at E3. I can feel it.

True. Vagrant Story comes to mind.

You don't seem to realize that if he's talking about that, he shouldn't use the word "Nobody". His consoles (and the entire Sony corporation along with it) only survive by the grace of the idiots that keep buying them, so implying that what's probably the most loyal/hardcore part of their base could be reduced to being "nobody" is insulting them for no reason.

Why the fuck does everyone presume which way Florida will vote?

None of my Xbox360 games i've got works on the Xbone.

…delete this. It hurts to be reminded of my childhood and all my fuck ups.

Fuck off normolfoggot

jump of a bridge

Retarded conjecture. Normalfaggots love old games because they want to be "retro' hipsters and shit

Sure, got any good free unlimited vpns? I'm not going to pay 30$ a month to get games for free, that's a tad redundant.

He probably knows that emulation can't be defeated and backlogs are on the net so it's impossible to take down. Only the PS3 is left and it's easy to count with both hands the good games on it worth playing. But he could be a complete dunce like every CEO out there.

Who is he, what happened, and how hard should we laugh?

Old games aren't chocked top-to-bottom with kike propaganda so the console fags in their walled gardens aren't going to be allowed to play them anymore unless a censored "special anniversary edition" is made with all the wrongthink cut out for twice the price they already paid decades ago. Look at what TBS just did to Back to the Future or better yet; read the Sony email hacks. Pure Evil.

I for one use my Wii for GC games, 3DS for DS games, and Vita for PSP/PS1. Quite a lot more than playing their actual games!

Vita is a top tier weeb machine though.

That's because the majority of them don't work on the Xbone. Its emulation is limited and, honestly, a pain in the ass to get working.
Source: Friend owns one. What, you think I'd buy that piece of shit?

1d4chan.org/wiki//tg/_gets_shit_done

FTFY

Your point is wrong because you didn't point out nobody wants to play last gen games on current gen because you can count the games from last gen on your fingers.

just live on the fucking EDGE

Or in a lawless south american state.

Let me translate this: "We can't monetize old games unless we re-release them."

that's true, I've longed for games that where more like the games I loved back in the day.
I'm more talking about the weird stuff you could get on ps1 or 2 mainly because before the video game/electronic shops would have allot of niche tittles and one did not need to import games.

Now its a constant import, and allot of wannabe rpgs don't really get that the artstyle and the lore after gameplay makes for a good game.

quote me on this, if they show death stranding gameplay it will be like mgs4. They have forgotten that what hocked people in the first place was gameplay not the story of the game, the story was just a nice thing to have with a compelling gameplay. Kinda like what the souls games have done, rich lore but the main plot is simple and nice.

Yes goyim nobody wants to play old games. Defend this Sony exec. Ignore how well remasters and (good) remakes tend to do. Ignore that people have been playing old games for forever and will continue to do so.
Ironically backwards compatibility on a no-games console to only one other generation which suffers only slightly less badly of the no-games disease does make sense for bad sales though.

Master of one. PSP/PS1 gives it some much needed variety.

I don't understand people like this, if they want to watch a shitty B-movie why not just watch one of those? That's all those non-games are, you just press a button ever now and again. Reminds me of those shitty interactive theaters where the audience would vote on ending A or B. It was a shit idea back then and it's shit now. This is why they want older gamers to die off and be silent in the meamtime. Why work and make something great when hordes of normalfags will buy shit?

You can't prove I'm not a 2D girl.

well, its mostly a western problem with the ones that don't have kids, and the usual suspects. So they don't want to admit that they don't have the eye/hand coordination that one gets from playing harder games. So they can, get into the "cinematic experience" since it does not take so much effort compared to games with more thinking gameplay and so on.

Also they probably think that mobile games are fun. The usual problem with 25 and older is the decrease in nerve activity, it start to go into the degenerate phase. you don't produce so and so much shit as you used to when you where a kid.

fug you got me m9, but I'm more of a hipster faggot that plays on a psp instead of the vita.

my nigger

I can since they're not real.

You're the gayest thing I've seen today, and I saw two dudes kissing.

For you. Only those who believe may reach 2D nirvana.

Name games that let me do this

None, but, you presumably know of Trespasser which has your boobs visible, complete with a life bar tattoo.

But where is the benis?

If we take inn physics I can prove you are not a 2d girl. For one the internet is not inter-dimensional or reaching the infinite universe the half way of our infinite universe. The internet we have today is around our planet not going beyond like a radio signal, even then the first radio signal is in theory closer to reach a civilization, but its not since we have not gotten anyform of contact from this civilization. Also the internet is not going into a lightspeed modus, so there is the main problem even if the signals would go inn lightspeed or better yet go into a singularity, and come to you within the instant with no delay.
You're civilization and the physiological anatomy would be impossible, since one could say there is the same billion of 2d people on the planet then it would create waves of confusion since the expression is 3 times as exaggerated than a regular human. So if we go by this data the text would be as exaggerated in probability, also another problem is that light and shades are not mathematical correct but correct within an artist eyes, and eyes are usually deceptive.

SO you have to prove to us, you have the technology and is inter-dimensional plus where you are in our galaxy or another galaxy.
So checkm8 m8.

I saw 2 dudes kiss while they played with each other's cocks in the bathroom through my monitor and I can confirm as a male role model that user is a fucking faggot.

in other words the other person was you? And why would you watch 2 males kissing and playing their genitalia?

So I had experience in gayness to properly call out faggots.

Also putting the irony of your post aside you're subscribing to the media-manufactured belief that dimensions are alternate realities. No, there's no alternate reality where everything is flat or time doesn't move. Length, width and depth are length, width and depth.

That's funny, because literally ALL that I ever want to play are old games from 90's and earlier.

well, to shitpost more.
I'm using dimension for an alternative reality since even if things would have Chinese cartoon physics it would still be in 3d. But the looking glass would seem like 2d like the Chinese cartoons.

So the question is which planet has this form of physics and are they within our galaxy how far from us are these hypothetical people, how can light be acting different than the laws of regular physics. Also how can they have our speech and regular punctuation, instead of the 3 times exaggerated speech and punctuation, how is this not confusing when talking to another hypothetical person when getting supplies to live?
Also one has to wonder since light is faster and the vacuum from a singularity is so strong that light can't escape. So one would assume their technology is even faster and stronger than a that.

dude me too….doom is such a classic….you want another hidden gem try duke nukem 3d or quake…no one plays these games man, im such a 90s kid even though i was born in 1997….if you want more classics try playing the super nintendo or the nintendo 64. truly hidden gem libraries.

nintendo doesnt ignore that theres a market for this kind of thing

oh come on, all encompassing words like that are always misused these days. hell, i think i just did it.

He's sort of right. He still looks like a smug faggot.

On the other hand, backwards compatibility has been implemented so fucking poorly on previous gen consoles. There's still like 60% of the xbox library that won't play on 360, and most of the games that are compatible have bugs or poor performance.

Try Jazz Jackrabbit 2

Europe has learned to be tolerant of Islam yet

this user gets it.
as a company, you don't want to waste so much money on something that may cause you to earn less money from future products or ultimately not work at all

I just want a way to port the Blue Burst version of PSO to Dreamcast and play on private server. Though that's impossible.

Got any links?

Absolutely heretical.

Let me explain something to you user. People don't understand video games and don't see their limitations. They don't understand game mechanics, they don't even SEE game mechanics. They don't see the rules of the game.

People see video games as magical worlds where anything theoretically can happen, their suspension of disbelief is that of a child. For someone who actually played more video games and understands how they operate and has ANY knowledge about how they are made, they understand that there are certain rules that they have to follow and therefore doesn't have as deep suspension of disbelief. Because of that it is not as easy to fool people who actually knows video games.

This is the reason of all problems with the medium, this is the reasons why normalfags care about graphics that much and refuse to look at older games.

Older games can't carter to their suspension of disbelief anymore, and any mechanical complexity is lost on a normalfag because theyare fucking retarded and don't actually play video games.

Suspension of disbelief is not a bad thing in itself, but normalfags don't have enough common sense and knowledge to understand that at the end o the day, games are primairly sets of rules that have to be followed by player in order for them to have fun.

We understand that, therefore we don't care about graphics that much because we know it's not the point. We cannot be easily deceived by "cinematic" games, because our suspension of disbelief is not as deep as theirs and it takes much more skill to actually get us to care about the game world and make us engrossed in it.

Normalfags don't understand that and therefore they can be easily deceived and will eat up anything that isn't too complex.

This is why games today are shit, this is why movies are shit and why everything else is shit.

And it is making me angry.

videogames are dead

and the worst of all is that he's right, no normalfag in their right mind plays spyro, crash or black

What's in that folder?

I don't know, I saved the image from someone else

furry porn

Colin was always a lolbertarian though.

Summerfag kill yourself

especially when you can just release "HD remasters" of said products and charge those stupid goyim for games they already own
Also
i guess it's only normal after 5 FUCKING YEARS to try and memory hole the launch of PS4

Dr. Kettle, I'm Pot. You don't get to bring Black.

GOOD LUCK, REN!

he made joke, everyone got triggered

forgot to add his lifelong friends and colleagues threw him under bus because Sjws demanded it

Nobody wants to play old games, which is why we just released a remastered Wipeout collection (among many other remasters) and sell PS2 games on the PS4 Store!

Blu-Rays hold 50GBs, and PS1 CDs could hold up to 750MBs, so around 60-65, not counting multi-disc games

A lot of normalfags were excited for No Man's Sky actually, due to Sony's marketing of "muh ebin massive galaxy"

The moment Sony left Japanese hands was the begining of the end.

All I want is a PS3^2
A PS3 with a better processor , room for TWO harddrives so you can easily transfer information between them, a removable hatch so you can easily clean the dust out of it, with PS2 compatibility and a magic gate slot that doesn't fuck up.

That's all I ever wanted.

Lately, I've found myself playing Twisted Metal 2 on my PS3 and R-type Final more and more on my PS2.
I mean fuck. I don't give a shit about the PS4 when I stop and really thing about it.
Everything I want?
Bloodborne, Berserk , King of Fighters. That's it.
Meanwhile, I can fire up the best KOF games on my PS2 or my MAME emulator when the mood strikes me.

he deserves it for making that entitlement video. but that is pretty sad and my bleeding heart makes me hope he comes back a better person from all this.

Comedy is extremely jewish.

Disgusting, sounds like some alt-lite heeb faggot. Also looks like mystery meat, likely part of the tribe.

His crying is fake as fuck

Except when the Gamecube is involved.

PSX and PS2 have disk read issues with moderate use, they use notoriously shit lasers.

Sony has always been the one pushing every single bad practice in the industry. The introduction of the cuckstation brand is what spiraled gaming into the shitter

If Nintendo never made a deal with Sony for the Playstation Add-on, then Playstation wouldn't exist and Microsoft wouldn't ever make an Xbox. We'd still be just Nintendo vs Sega til this day with Switch vs. Dreamcast 3.

They should just make a 360/xbox emulator for the windows store.

Still better.

Yep, definitely a semite.

well, the wii was backwards compatible with gamecube. or rather it had a built in emulator

How did that work out? I keep meaning to pick up a Wii for that. Was it 360 tier shit emulation or actually widely compatible and not a janky shit mess?

It doesn't have a built in emulator, the wii is basically a beefed up gamecube.

But, does it do it like the PS2 with actual hardware?

And meanwhile neither the Wii U or Switch play Gamecube games and they're not on VC.

No fuck you. The only bit about ME3 I cared about, controversy wise, was the shit ending.
Wow. How shitty.

yesh

Neat. I may actually pick one up, hopefully not full of spiders.

Modern Sony? Of course, it's a chimera of all the stupid shit that has ever happened to gaming.
Classic Sony? Not at all, there was a point in time they were pleasant in comparison to Nintendo and Sega.

Shall we go by company?

Capcom normalizing re-selling the same game, a dozen times.

EA normalizing selling the same game every year, with minor updates.

Namco-Bandai, buying IPs and filling them with microtransactions.
We may rag on EA doing it but NamcoBandai did it first.

Nintendo inventing one game for the price of three scheme, that has evolved into splitting one game into fucking four games- - and being the first company to begin integrating social features into their games via the Cellphone dongle.

Sega and Nintendo both did their part in the invention of paid online.

Microsoft took paid online to it's logical extreme – brought DLC to consoles and normalized shit compents in console construction.
Every system broke down or had a failure at some point, but no console in history broke down like the Xbox 360 and still managed to be considered highly successful.

Sony deciding to mimic the worst aspects of Microsoft , EA and Nintendo. Being the second to have a loyality program, The Original Underground predates Club Nintendo , while SEGA HEAT predates both of them.

feels bad man

Thought so. They should be selling them at a buck a game.

When the Jews consolidated their control of the industry, and turned into into interactive Hollyjew.

Only the earliest were truly bad. Afterwards, it was the sign of a retard who left it on for too damned long

I don't get that about normalfag friends. They just keep getting the newest console after only playing a handful of games on the last one and not really digging into the liberry of games. Even most re-releases are shite so it's not even like the old VCR upgrade shit. It's not like they're even getting it to enjoy something at greater fidelity. Video games is a bigger industry than film at this point and it's full of retard faggots and it's seeping back into every other form of entertainment.

Install nintendon't on it. The wii downclocks itself so it matches the gamesphere's specs and the games run flawleslly, but with nintendon't a scheduler is introduced that only lets the gamecube games use the wii's hardware so much, and then uses the rest for cool stuff like allowing you to use any controller or hacks.
I play san francisco rush on midway arcade treasures 3 off a hard drive with a dualshock 2 + usb adapter with it.

works pretty great for yarharr'd games as far as i can tell. and i never ran in to trouble on it with physical gc games.
360? dont know, never tried that

This burns me up.

I've really been missing out, had no idea it was that fun to fuck about with.

Yeah, that only counts of 2D pixel shit mate.

Bullshit. This is as stupid as when they said the american market doesnt want japanese games.

Source?

Her nose and mouth are so close to non-existent that I thought they were dirt on my screen.

Is this why nobody mentions Scribblenauts on here anymore?

I wouldn't say "nobody" but casuals and normalfags certainly don't. You know the paying customers who will expand your brand.

I thought about all those cool/weird/obscure JRPGs and VNs from the PS1 and 2 but then I remembered: no dual audio. I can't do those shitty dubs anymore.

YOU CAN'T MAKE ME GO BACK

Oh and apparently the most played BC game on the xbox one is

So yeah fuck this gay earth gamers are not worthy.

Is this what you were referring to:
>Gaming analyst Serkan Toto: The PS4 was available in this country for almost 2 years now and isn’t taking off. So what’s the point for Sony to keep focusing on Japan?
archive.fo/EdOkA
venturebeat.com/2016/01/26/why-japan-no-longer-matters-to-playstation-as-sony-heads-west/
And, here's a couple other good snippets from the article:

Weird, they've done a good job getting them to pay for them again through their store

What the fuck is it with SJWs and this morbid lack of humor?

No seriously, have you ever heard an SJW make a joke? Anytime they make a "joke", it's never done for fun or laughter, it's just shit like "All men are rapists". Have you ever heard a SJW give a hearty laugh after hearing a good joke? If they ever laugh at all it's always this "schadenfreudian" cackle, which is more so an expression of pleasure over the misfortune of others rather than actual healthy laughter.

Perhaps it's possible that SJWs don't take things literally because they love getting offended, but because they are incapable of understanding figurative speech.

SJWs think "joking" means "being a rude cunt towards people you disagree with". To them, a joke would not start with "Knock Knock", it would start with "people who have differing opinions from me should be exterminated".

It feels like Japan will go to their first videogame crash. If everyone there is moving on to mobile and eventually they get tired of the copy pate mobile games with micro transactions, then gaming as a whole could die there.

I went through an emulation binge lately and the only game I played for any significant amount of time was Ridge Racer Type 4 and that was mostly because of the nostalgia of the music.

Then it'll die here after that because games in the west are FUCKED.

Every single console after 6th Gen was a mistake.
2007 and the cancer it brought will haunt my nightmares forever.
I just wanted some good videogames

Retro gaming is pretty big in Japan. There's enough content from the last 40 years to last a lifetime of play along with hacks, mods and customization of old games and defunct MMOs.

I'm cool with that. Big mouth is bad and big nose is mark of the devil. But big eyes are cute and big boobs are maximally desirable.

Love of better times is universal. Besides there's plenty of Japs that play Kancolle and other trash.

Throw a pigeon bread crumbs and more will come, throw the whole loaf and they will all fly away.

Add Kemono Friends to that list once they release their bew mobage game.

spot on.

Can't wait for all the shilling that garbage will get here thanks to trendy faggots who praise any otaku related shit.

But Dubs-chan they already did. It bombed before the anime started.

Is Japan as big on romhacks and the like as the west is? Hell, do they have much of a fan-translation scene out there for western games they never saw? Just curious.

(1)

Yes, and no

So… by that reasoning, this guy is basically just taking a giant AAA shit all over indie games that they're so eager to clog their online store up with? I mean, most of them have "retro" pixel art that doesn't even look good compared to 16 bit games, and the most graphically impressive of the rest are barely PS3 standard.

Why is it ok for tons of indie shovelware to look like shit, but not for games which were the top of their field a decade ago?

Shit negro, just write a couple of generalized emulators, give them PSX/PS2 UI skins, add in the boot intros, and then sell them for $20 each. Let them play games from the disk, but also work with digital copies you sell online. Who gives a fuck if people use them, so long as they buy them.

Motherfucker, you already got a decent PSX emulator on the PSP/Vita.Just throw a new UI on it and port it over.

Thank God.

They're making a new one.

I recalled them making Touhou Pokemon romhacks.

I am thinking back to that microsoft fucker who kept saying shit and got fired. This on should just shut the fuck up before he starts an e3 failure as well.

Yeah, some western ones came along as well. More impressive than the Touhoumon hacks is the Touhou doujin game scene.

Last gen came out 10 years ago so I guess the pile of non-games it birthed can be considered old.

The new one won't bomb due to the exploding popularity of the anime. They also have a bunch of non-mobage games in the works as well, for consoles/PC.

Guys, guys! Don't freak out! He's basically saying that pirating old games is fine, since no one actually wants to play them! He's giving us an okay to play all the old games we want without paying for them!

Actually I think Sony sold 2 million PS4's in Japan.

Gaming will just become a niche for the hardcore. Fine by me, I prefer Atelier to Uncharted.

You do know Sony doesn't actually OWN the games that came out on the PS1/2?A lot of those studios are either dead or don't give a fuck.

I wish it becomes niche in the West again, but that will never happen. Videogames rival Hollywood and are too big to crash and too big to return to the niche.

Then…all we can hope for is another gaming crash (Or an all out media crash) to happen when the normalfags finally get tired of all this bullshit and stop funding it. And, last I heard, they're already doing that, which is why the film companies are so eager to suck China's cock so hard.

what

Pretty effing ironic comment imho. After the movie Ready Player One comes out next year there will be a big resurgence in classic vidya platformers for years to come. Of all companies, Sony is well-positioned to capitalize on this resurgence if they had any imagination.

You mean when the normalfags get tired of ever increasing audiovisual stimulation that borders on realism more with every year? That virtual reality where they can be pro niggerball stars in one eye, watching chaturbate with the other, then listening to Tony Robbins tell them that they can be really successful? I don't see normalfags getting away from video games for a long time, they'll pull us all down with them now.

So much this.
Every console should natively support full backwards-compatibility with all software/discs from every previous console in its line. Natively. No emulation, that shit should be built-in and working as flawlessly as the original system.
I don't give a fuck if it would require JPL engineers to pack 6 systems worth of hardware into a single compact motherboard, they'd better fucking die trying those lazy faggots.

Yeah no wonder. He just supports what's profitable. I mean, do you think this guy ever played any vidyas himself?

Knock knock.
Alla
ALLAHUAKBAR!

I don't expect miracles in software and hardware engineering to pull this off if the architecture of a new system is wildly different from the previous iterations, but it had best at least be a strong consideration.

Everyone laugh at this casual faggot.

he's right though, old games are literal shit, like who teh fuck wants to watch those old 2d graphics lol. all old games that were "good" have already gotten superior modern versions with superior graphics, e.g.: fallout 4, cod advanced warfare, forza

do you figure skyrim is the oldest game the average majority still have the capacity to remember and return to?
i would say shitout 3, but I don't think that would be true.

What stick is good for these types of arcade games?

He's not wrong. Look at what sells to normalfags.

Either a flight stick or an 8 way arcade stick. I got an old Saitek Cyborg 3D rumble stick for 3 bucks at a goodwill. It makes games designed around flight more manageable. Even emulating in MAME I found games like Afterburner a lot more controllable as opposed to using a joypad. I eventually want to try it out with flight sims and robot-tank sims like Mechwarrior and Earthseige.

Yes, and what does that have to do with anything? The PSX emulator for the PSP/Vita emulator can play damned neared any PSX game you load up on it - but Sony only ever offered a handful of PSX games that they had distribution rights to for download as PSOne Classics.

On the PSP, this was wasted potential since the PSP couldn't read CDs. The PS4, can. So they offer near 100% backwards compatibility for games played from a disk, while offering a selection of games they have distribution rights for digital downloads so they can soak up extra sales from millenials and lazy faggots who will bend over and gleefully present their assholes for their corporate masters if it means they don't have to shift their lumberous hulking frames to get off their fat asses to change a disk once in a while.

Everyone wins.

That shit doesn't even work on the PC. That's why you need software like DosBox. Even if the OS could support it, software is written for the hardware of the day - not the hardware configurations of the future. How would you run a game that needs a Roland MT-32 for viable sound (because the drivers were built into the software) to run on a Realtek integrated audio chipset? What about games which were lazily programmed to time events to the clock speed of the processor? What do you think happens when you run a game timed to a 100mhz processor when it runs on a 4.2Ghz CPU?

I don't want to buy a new console when I'm 80 that's the size of a univac machine and cost as much as a rack of servers, because they're trying to cram in native hardware for all iterations of previous generations.

50 or so years from now consoles won't even be a thing.

Old games in general, if someone could somehow aggregate the amount of older games played daily similar to how MMOS and Steam monitor their player habits, older games from the mid 90s to the end of last decade would outnumber new games being played 60:1.

Sony didn't want to kill themselves with

again so I get why they dropped cell. PS5 better be backwards compatible with PS4 though.

heh