Controller Thread

I need a new controller, DS3 and 4 a shit. What good *PC* controllers can I get that won't shit the bed in ~6 months of general use and don't require constant driver fuckery to work with games? I've been eying the F310 (pic related) but I figured I'd ask for recommendations before blowing the 20$ on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Wired-Gaming-Controller-PlayStation-Android/dp/B01GDKXMPA/
amazon.com/dp/B00OAYHIRA/
amazon.com/DualShock-Wireless-Controller-PlayStation-Black-4/dp/B01LWVX2RG?th=1
wiinupro.com/home)
digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-connect-a-ps3-controller-to-a-pc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I use an USB adapter for the Gamecube controller that I originally bought to use with Dolphin.

X360 wired controller with a custom stick
YOU CAN HAVE IT EASY OR YOU CAN HAVE IT PROPER, FAGGOT

the appropriate controller for each console, obviously. get a ds4.

garbage d-pad

Shit dpad, and around double the price of the F310 with no real advantage.

it has the advantage of not being a logitech product

DS4 for 2d and dpad heavy games, xbox 360 controller for 3d games that dont use the dpad. KB&M for fps and rts games.

DS4 is still the best option regardless of whatever autistic opinion you have on it

Hori FPS Plus

m i c r o
u s b
Singlehandedly ruins the controller. Fuck that flimsy shit. I have a DS4, and it disconnects constantly. That's why I'm getting a replacement to begin with.

No they're not.
Well maybe DS3 a bit, yeah, but DS4 is decent.

Come on you little faggot boy. You install the driver once and that's it. Unless you're retarded you won't need to do anything else.

No force feedback and d pad kinda sucks I heard.

How is the micro usb a problem? Is the wire constantly stretched out? Get an USB extension.

Anyway I heard Hori was good too but they're expensive.

Get a DS4 and Inputmapper, nigger. Explicitly PC controllers are generally pretty terrible, F310 included in my use of it. DS4's lengthier design compared to previous Dualshock designs makes it more suitable for gorilla paws in addition to manlet hands, the lightbar can be completely turned off, and between Steam offering Steam Controller levels of customizability to a completely vanilla plug-and-play DS4 and Inputmapper, drivers are simply not an issue. Mine's lasted me since I bought it about a year ago and still works just peachy.

The port is special snowflake shit that's upside-down for any standard cord; because of this, my DS4's port wore out just from the weight of the cord pressing down on the port due to simple gravity. That's why I'm specifically only looking at controllers that are wired and only wired; less shit that can break.

Bonus points for Sony specifically only giving you their special snowflake cord with the PS4 itself and not the overpriced as fuck controllers.

What magic nonkeyboard controller frankenstein would be best of the best?

I use a DUKE controller.

Try getting a better cord, would be cheaper than buying a new controller

Vita dpad
3ds buttons
DS4 shoulder buttons
DS4 layout
DS4 shape
Basically just a DS4 witha better dpad and buttons

port's already fucked m8, and an actual non-shit DS4-specific cord is the price of a new controller. That's why I'm looking at the F310, Rumble 2, and reading reviews on this amazon.com/Wired-Gaming-Controller-PlayStation-Android/dp/B01GDKXMPA/ abomination

Stop abusing your controllers. The one in your OP looks like it has a shittier d-pad than even the 360 controller.

The USB dongle for DS4 is a worthy investment.

Just get a DS3 or DS4 controller, DS2 would be fine too but you'd need an adapter for that.

Bull shit. I rock a $6 Bluetooth 4.whatever dongle from Chingchongia, and it's been working fine for years. Probably cheaper now.

Only patrician solution is to crack the fucker open and solder the wires directly to the motherboard.

Wired 360 controller for every game not requiring precise control on the d-pad.
The F310 you posted isn't a bad controller, but the sticks aren't too precise and the triggers aren't great. I used one for MGS:R and it was fun but I spazzed out with aiming whenever I used the RPG.

I do just fine with a Dualshock 4. I'd use my Wii U Pro Controller if getting it connected weren't such a hassle.

Shid, does the Rumble 2 have better analogs? It's older but that's usually a good thing in this industry. The abomination I linked above has my eye because it supports PS3 (which is the only console I currently use) but otherwise I'm at a loss. My budget is 20$ or less, so even if I wanted another fucking DS4 that's not on the table.

Oh and I guess this is as fair as thread as any.
Any advancements in getting the Wii U gamepad to work on PC without just being high latency keyboard emulation?

I have the f310 for like 2 weeks now, I think is a pretty solid pad. Fits really well on my hand, he is bigger than images may suggest and buttons are pretty smooth. I really prefer the D-pad style over de DS pad.

Pic related is nice as hell, had it for a couple years now and it's pretty good for my huge hands.
The Dpad's kinda shit, but I never use it anyway, so it's not much of a bother.

DO NOT GET THE F310 OR ANY LOGITECH CONTROLLER YOU NIGGER

Flimsy, mushy dpad that feels like a cap floating on top of the plastic, they have added input lag, and the deadzones in the sticks are ass. I've had two logitech pads in the past, and the dpads wore out in certain directions after extended use.

You ain't getting any half decent controller with that budget. 30 to 40 bucks will get you better options.

Oh you'll really prefer it in a few months to a year after the dpad stops registering in certain directions and you have to jam it in to get the dead directions to work.

What about the bootleg abomination I posted there, then?

It has a not shit layout. also every modern controller has a shit Dpad, that is hardly something exclusive to the 360 controller.

I have no idea what that is and have never used it but for fucks sake, stay away from Logitech trash. If you do buy an F310 then at least promise you won't come back whining about how shit it is even when you were told.

I'm probably gonna try my luck with amazon.com/dp/B00OAYHIRA/ as all the reviews I can find basically just say it's "like a F310 but not shit"

I like racing games. Best wheel?

Nope, sounds like a shitty controller.

Pony up for a Dualshock at least. If you only play modern games and aren't into emulating old shit, just get a 360 pad.

I felt as if games weren't challenging enough so I play games on this now.

Take care of your equipment. Controller lives matter.

I still don't get why the F310 gets discussed, I might go out of my way get a F310, record and smash it with a dualshock 4 or an arcade stick

The reviews saying the L2/R2 are shit are saying it because they're actual buttons instead of triggers, which is a huge plus for me since I'm not some retard who tries to play FPS on controller

here's your (you), read the fucking thread

its shit.

And you're a moron if you think only FPS games utilize triggers during gameplay.

Get a 3 shitty controller for modern games, and a USB converted Saturn controller for playing old 2D shit.

Kill yourself.

This is my main controller, it's pretty comfy.
I can't name a single game where I had to have analog triggers, so your guyses debate is confusing

Super Smash bros Melee

It can be relevant for Dolphin emulation.

you get one of these then or the gamecube keyboard controller

But I also have a gamecube controller. And I play smash on the gamecube. AS GOD INTENDED

But on what game though? I guess a fishing one maybe?

I need to touch this. I mean I probably wouldn't buy it…but I need to try it.

Big shield is useless if you only perfect shield

You could build your own, but I don't know anything about gamecube pcbs.

hahaha

I have it. The wire screwed up on me and I have to use motherfucking duct tape to get it to work. Otherwise it's pretty solid.

It's a shit controller stop lying to OP

why do controllers suck so much, Holla Forums? Why do keyboards and even mice last way longer with much more wear?

Any later era Xbox controller after they modified their stolen Sega design/Xbox360 Controller. Best button layout, very comfy, all the best controllers imitate it.

Anyone else is butthurt at how comfy it is, or is a butthurt Sony bitch using an outdated scheme.

Or stop being a butthurt bitch, and use the late Xbox/360 controller. Best layout and comfiness.

No. Nintendo controllers are terrible.

Anyone tried one of those Hori dual analogs? My 360 controller is all used up. I'm liking the d-pad on their six button and wonder if their analog sticks are alright too.

for me they seem a bit worse than xbox ones. have that fps controller.

It's shit for 2D games.

So are all other modern controllers, they all have shit dpads. At least 360 controllers have a not retarded layout.

I may have to look around a bit more or try one, looks like some of their controllers don't have analog triggers or just really bad marketing terminology.

yeah it doesnt have that
what a dissapointnemnt because otherwise it holds nice and all

Not really no.

Are you a stupid nigger?

Yeah they really do. Sorry you're a dumb nigger who emulates with a dpad that was designed for sifting through menus and not moving around in 2D games.

Why? Microshit perfected the Sega Dreamcast controller and layout. It was the best thing they got got right.

Why? Really, fucking why? You miss the misery? Do you have quarter inch thick callouses?

See? Butthurt. Thats all this is. The only fault with the 360 controller scheme, is that there was never(iirc) a lefty option…but fuck them.

Is 2 fucking D. The analog stick is good enough and can work perfectly fine.

For 3D games, sure. 2D games suffered. Dpad is in a shit position and 6 face buttons > 4. Maybe it's fine for you with giant retard hands.
How do you get callouses from a co controller that is round where you hold it?
I know user, you're really getting assmad over your controller you use because it's one saving grace is being widely available and compatible with new games.
I wish I could you play fighting games just to see your ass get handed to you by players using superior dpads and arcade sticks.

A man can dream

This fucked up mother fucker can play better than you using a 360 controller using his mouth. Using a controller that you like doesn't make you play better, it just means that you're a whinny bitch.

lol

lel.

I'd rather use a racing wheel for racing games, but that doesn't mean that I play better using a racing wheel. Using a fight stick doesn't mean that you play better. Getting good makes you play better.

No fuckin shit a controller with a good dpad is better for 2d games and a good arcade stick is better for fighting games. My point was its better than the awful DS layouts for modern shit.

I want to replace my F310, is an Xbox 360 controller good enough?

DS4
DS4
lmao

Just get a wired xbox 360 controller, I've been using one for the last 3 years and it's fine. The dpad isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. And if you demand ULTIMATE PRECISION out of a dpad then just use the damn keyboard.

That looks like some kind of plug and play shit. The grip looks awkward as fuck. The 1234 buttons look like they have a little thing that sticks up even after you push down on the button. Is that a thing? Cause if it is it's retarded. Or are they shaped like arrows for some OTHER retarded reason?

Arrow shaped buttons are real cancer. And since certain year they started to appear on a lot of chinese products.

I'm wondering how those thumbsticks are, seems to me it might help with them not digging in your thumbs during a long session. The buttons look like the exact opposite though for sure, also the form just has some real sharp corners. I wonder if user was just baiting.

yeah what about already being good and having a good stick?
you can't lose if you're good and you have good things in life.

Every thread there's the sony shill

F310 is horrible
paid a little more for a bone controller and I'm happy with it

Maybe if you're the kind of retard that plays first person shooters with a fucking controller.
Try a completely unusable dpad.

Heh.

I might buy a DS4 later this week to play on my PS3 and PC, what do I need to know? Can I just buy the first one I spot in a store or should I buy a specific model that could be better in some way?

When I plug in my DS4 the sound cuts out, unless I plug my headphones into the controller which doesn't get as good quality.

The first generation of DS4s won't play and charge at the same time, so don't get one of those. Not sure how to tell the models apart though, so look it up.
Using DS4Windows and its awesome custom mapping software is a must.

Ideally you get the new revision from 2016+ (CUH-ZCT2U). The easiest way to tell at a glance is that the new version has a little slit in the top front of the touchpad so the light can bleed through. If you just want to use it wired, you need InputMapper. If you want to use bluetooth, you'll also need a bluetooth dongle (good ones are $10) and generic broadcom drivers.

amazon.com/DualShock-Wireless-Controller-PlayStation-Black-4/dp/B01LWVX2RG?th=1

Don't know where you heard this, but this definitely isn't true when used on the PC.

Sounds like you fucked up your default playback device. Right click the little speaker in your tray, click playback devices, right click the correct one and click set as default device.

Really good, but the cord was kinda weak.
Broke the cord on it, but you should be fine.
I was very inaccurate with the cord.

Yes.
Better.
But the layout is different, you will get used to it.

Thank you very much.

Alright, thanks. I'll pick one up at a mall near me this weekend, I don't like waiting for it to arrive or using credit cards on the internet. Especially when it costs the same either way.

I just got one of these dirty cheap a couple of days ago and it is pretty fucking comfy, i have been playing DMC4SE non stop since i got it

THe F310 is alright. Perfectly average. Literally the most generic thing you will ever own.

this thread reminded me that I still have a wiimote and a classic controller around, how easy it is to have the classic controller work with my pc outside of dolphin emulation?

looks the opposite of comfy

Why do 3 shitty fags know fuckall about how controllers work?

Glad to help.

No, it's junk. The older Rumblepad 2 was the last good gamepad made by Logitech. They massively cheaped out on the build quality of the F310 series and downgraded the fuck out of it.

You'll need a bluetooth dongle, a wiimote, and this: (wiinupro.com/home) which will allow you to use it as an xinput device.

I already have both you stupid nigger.

I decided to go with the middle-ground. I grabbed the abomination ZD+ controller but with the super saver shipping program it was cheaper to also get a bluetooth dongle along with it. Now I have that for playing on PS3 and a dongle for using DS4 on PC (and the ZD+ for when the DS4 inevitably dies).

Dualshock 3 is iredeemable garbage and people who say otherwise are plebs. It's cheap plastic shit with the board held up by low quality foam, it's designed to break within 6-8 months of use.

sounds about right for the f310
is there any easy and cheap controller in production?
i'm sitting on 4 hori gempad3s and have had to replace sticks on two of them, and one set of d-pad contacts.
they're great besides the sticks, but when all of them inevitably fail i'll have no replacements. repairing contacts and sticks isn't hard anyway

Xbox 360 controller

I've used the same one for 6 years now and the last driver was from 2012. I don't know why people would want to use anything else but a neo geo ps3/usb one from hori

If you are buying a new one DS4.
If you have ever owned a console before just use that controller. I'm still using my DS3 works perfectly well.

This piece of shit does everything. I can play Warcraft on it, I can play Overwatch on it, I did not even have to set up the controls I just pull a profile from the community database. I can play emulators on it, nigga have you see a more perfect controller for retro games on the pc? I can navigate windows with it. Does fucking everything once you look past the gimmick it is GOAT.

Community backed controls for all steam and non steam games if you look online. Do yourself a favor and buy one and don't be a faggot.

t. Gay ben

Agreed with those guys. Why Sony only bothered to give the Vita a really good dpad is beyond me.

It's ok, but depending on what games you're playing you're gonna have to use xinputplus or x360ce to fix it's deadzones issues, which are mainly on it's left stick from what I've seen. Also careful how you treat it as it isn't the most durable controller material-wise.

Fuck off Goybe, the steam controller feels like a cheap children's toy from China. I've used actual cheap controllers from China that felt better than this trash.

fuck off blizzcuck.

The first service that builds custom controllers so I can get a wired Xbox 360 one with the Vita's d-pad is going to empty my bank account.

Hail Saitek, the p990 controller is great.

I have the ZD-W508, it's a cheap Xbone controller knock off, it works pretty good on pc.

Theoretically

Reality

Your best option for a poorfag controller is a 360pad which is going to run you $25. I'd argue it's significantly worse than a DS4 from an ergonomic and functional perspective, but it's nearly 50% cheaper and will last years, so that's definitely the way to go in the bang for your buck department.

If you want an asymmetrical gamepad with a non-shit dpad and money isn't an issue, the Switch Pro pad is fantastic.

Got one too bro, I play with it almost every game. Especially Titanfall that thing is killing it.

Just use your DS3 on PC. DS4 sucks.

if the 360 controllers weren't so shit maybe
of the console controllers the only ones that seem worth a damn are the wii controllers, and even those are far from perfect

Get an adapter for DS1 and 2 then.
Besides flightsticks I pretty much only use older console controllers with adapters, and they always function like a generic joystick. Sometimes you need a driver for rumble, but that's no big deal. The F310 doesn't even have it in the first place iirc.

You can find Dualshock 1/2's for around $15 (at least in burgerstan) and chink usb adapters for around $5. Build quality on the adapters isn't that great of course, but they don't lag or anything.

After the SNES, sure.

this digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-connect-a-ps3-controller-to-a-pc/ + any ps3 controller lying around is super easy to sey up and works amazingly well wil all modern games because it treats the ps3 controller like a 360 controller

You got that right.
Now lynch yourself.

using the feedback things as speakers? kinda neat
i still want to try one, even if it doesn't do well enough for gaming I'd like a wireless mouse alternative.